Fat loss after Holidays - 1st approach to Intermittent Fasting

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Yeah, but it's common place if you're just starting out and a common problem. Whether it's supplements, diets, training, whatever changes don't take place overnight and over or under reacting to the lack of changes often makes things worse. Come in with a solid plan, stick to it for a while to give it a chance to honestly gauge your response, then make adjustments.

    I need to drop some fat. I didn't get that extra fat overnight. And I won't get ripped overnight. It's a process.
    then again, I wasn't passing any judgment. to be accurate one should register often info and then make an average.
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html


  2. Day 0/3. A bit more weight again? I dunno. Trying to cope with fasting in a better way.
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html
    •   
       


  3. day 0/4: the last day was kinda cheated because my sis wanted a pizza before she left and my parents nade nothing else to eat, so a lot of carbs on a non-training day. no weight loss at all, in fact, some weight increase. ah well.

    I still would like someone who does leangains AND trains in the evening to share their eating regime, if they please
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
    day 0/4: the last day was kinda cheated because my sis wanted a pizza before she left and my parents nade nothing else to eat, so a lot of carbs on a non-training day. no weight loss at all, in fact, some weight increase. ah well.

    I still would like someone who does leangains AND trains in the evening to share their eating regime, if they please
    There is literally a layout for this on Martins website...its really not hard dude. Leangains is honestly really simple, its so simple that you feel like it can't be that simple so you try and overcomplicate it (if that makes sense). I did the same thing when I first started. Seriously...its THAT simple.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

  5. I know I posted it in the previous page. I guess it is the same layout for workout and non-workout days.

    BTW

    Day 1: down again, by very little. today is a wo day so I kinda expect a good meal after the evening workout :P

    EDIT: for referencing purposes, the actual guide is here. obviously not mine blah blah blah. nice to see it archived in a blog for a change
    Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 01-07-2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: done what someone should have done at the beginning.
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html
    •   
       


  6. day 2. almost a whole kg down. I did think I had fallen into the overeat sin, however. will try harder today.
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html

  7. perhaps letting us know what you ate, when you ate it would be helpful as well...

    I am always curious to see how people handle their eating windows and carb consumption.

  8. tried to follow it by the book. lots of carbs, moderate protein and trying to keep fat as low as possible.
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
    tried to follow it by the book. lots of carbs, moderate protein and trying to keep fat as low as possible.
    I can't open that link at work, but the first thing I would do is lower carbs and increase protein intake. I have no idea why one would try to keep fat as low as possible either.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  10. on Workout days the author says that Carbs should be the highest priority, protein middle and fat lowest.

    straight from author pdf, for your convenience.
    On training days (3x/week), eat maintenance + 20%
    • Keep carbs high, protein moderate and fat low. Carbs should be the dominant
    macronutrient this day.
    • Split the meals so that you get 60-80% of total calorie intake in the post-workout period,
    either by eating one pre-workout meal of 20% of total calorie intake per the example
    provided earlier. If you workout in the evening, eat two meals, each of 20% total calorie
    intake, and then one big meal of 60% post-workout.
    • Good food choices this day includes sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and other sources of
    complex carbs and lean protein sources such as chicken, fat-trimmed beef and white fish.
    Don’t be afraid to add some carb dense treats in the post-workout period, such as cereal,
    low fat ice cream and similar foods. You get to eat quite a lot post-workout and there’s no
    use being extremely obsessive by only eating “clean” foods.

    On rest days (4x/week), eat maintenance – 20%
    • Keep protein high, fat moderate and carbs low. Protein should be the dominant
    macronutrient this day.
    • Split the meals so that you get 35% of total calorie intake and at least (body weight x 0.4)
    grams of protein in your first meal.
    • Add some low or moderate intensity cardio to speed up fat loss.
    • Good food choices this day includes lots of veggies, moderate amounts of fruit and berries,
    lean and fattier type of meats like ground beef and fish like salmon, whole eggs and egg
    whites, and good fat sources like avocado, olives and almonds.
    • Always end this day with a slow digesting protein source such as casein or meat with some
    veggies to slow digestion.
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html

  11. Fats and Protein are the predominant nutrients on any day that you are not training. And carbs shouldn't be added until close to workout period, which means in your first meal they should be close to null.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  12. Well that makes more sense than what I read your post as which read to me like high carbs every day. I do best on carb cycling or low carb diets when it comes to fat loss. Obviously I'd increase these on workout days, but even then if I'm trying to lose fat I rarely go overboard with them.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  13. I wonder if this can be applied also for those who train in the evening, considering that the 2nd meal is still supposed to be around 2hrs before the workout. or I am mistaken?
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
    I wonder if this can be applied also for those who train in the evening, considering that the 2nd meal is still supposed to be around 2hrs before the workout. or I am mistaken?
    You're making this too complicated. I train in the afternoon. Window is from 12-8. If you train later just adjust your window. Eat however you want to just make it within an 8 hour window. That's intermittent fasting.

    The details are entirely up to you. You can pretty much adjust any diet to make it IF. You just switch everything to be within the window.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  15. that's simply not possible. Every diet I have done was like "eat tibetan fungi, madagascarian meat and north pole's water. put everything into a cauldron, stick counter-clockwise and eat only during a full moon".
    whatever I want to eat in a 8-period window as long as I say around 2000 calories in the whole period... it's just wrong :P
    Biotivia Pro Max Phase 2 Supplement Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/200246-biotivia-pro-max.html

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem View Post
    that's simply not possible. Every diet I have done was like "eat tibetan fungi, madagascarian meat and north pole's water. put everything into a cauldron, stick counter-clockwise and eat only during a full moon".
    whatever I want to eat in a 8-period window as long as I say around 2000 calories in the whole period... it's just wrong :P
    Planets used to revolve around the Earth, thinking they revolved around the sun was just wrong
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  17. I don't see the point of "eat 25% of cals in your first meal, then biggest meal PWO" blah blah blah.

    I just started LG, and I just eat 3 balanced meals in the 8 hour window, with 2 extra protein shakes.

    Eating a consistent diet seems more important to me, than the whole % bull****.

    Eat healthy and train whenever you want in your 8 hour window.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Ape McGrapes View Post
    I don't see the point of "eat 25% of cals in your first meal, then biggest meal PWO" blah blah blah.

    I just started LG, and I just eat 3 balanced meals in the 8 hour window, with 2 extra protein shakes.

    Eating a consistent diet seems more important to me, than the whole % bull****.

    Eat healthy and train whenever you want in your 8 hour window.
    Well, then you didn't quite start LG, you started "an intermittent fasting" diet. Because LG does have the focus on eating the most after your workout exactly because of replenishing your body caloric needs after intense exercise.

    But that is the diet's premise. Nothing wrong with choosing a different approach but that particular approach is the main concept of LG.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Well, then you didn't quite start LG, you started "an intermittent fasting" diet. Because LG does have the focus on eating the most after your workout exactly because of replenishing your body caloric needs after intense exercise.

    But that is the diet's premise. Nothing wrong with choosing a different approach but that particular approach is the main concept of LG.
    Fair enough, but I don't see the huge significant difference it would totally make. Like I said, I think consistency is more the key, and for those of us who are to busy to adhere to the % rules, or who cant grasp the idea without making it more difficult than needed; This is the way to go.

    The fast is the most important part anyway; right?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Ape McGrapes View Post
    Fair enough, but I don't see the huge significant difference it would totally make. Like I said, I think consistency is more the key, and for those of us who are to busy to adhere to the % rules, or who cant grasp the idea without making it more difficult than needed; This is the way to go.

    The fast is the most important part anyway; right?
    Yep, I follow a bit of the same indeed. I don't gun for the 25% because I get quite starving by 1PM so I end up eating about 30 - 40%, and then just skip my "preworkout" meal and have a handful of peanuts instead.

    I do, although, load up big time on my last meal(s) - if you count the immediately post workout shake as a meal - and try to balance it out as having just fat and protein in the early meal and then do some carbs on the latest one whenever I workout.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Yep, I follow a bit of the same indeed. I don't gun for the 25% because I get quite starving by 1PM so I end up eating about 30 - 40%, and then just skip my "preworkout" meal and have a handful of peanuts instead.

    I do, although, load up big time on my last meal(s) - if you count the immediately post workout shake as a meal - and try to balance it out as having just fat and protein in the early meal and then do some carbs on the latest one whenever I workout.
    man up! on your weight training days save those calories for when you are done training and you have all sorts of good hormones flowing due to exercise....

    the best part about IF is the hormonal boosts it gives a natural trainee....

    The honorable prophet Dr. John Berardi had a nice write-up on this...

    http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting

  22. and for the record, after a week or two you wont be that hungry when you break fast...

  23. IM around maintenance calories, and about 150g carbs. Slowly dropping carbs week by week. Just cut out my milk in my two shakes, except for PWO. That should bring me around 100g for week 2. Ill maybe drop another 25g next week and leave it there. IDK though, since I'm on recompadrol.

    Replacing the milk with an extra 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    and for the record, after a week or two you wont be that hungry when you break fast...
    I've been on it for quite a while. I don't suffer much during the morning, but once the first bite goes in I have a very very hard time to stop eating... Maybe it's the anabeta, who knows.

    Ape McGrapes
    IM around maintenance calories, and about 150g carbs. Slowly dropping carbs week by week. Just cut out my milk in my two shakes, except for PWO. That should bring me around 100g for week 2. Ill maybe drop another 25g next week and leave it there. IDK though, since I'm on recompadrol.

    Replacing the milk with an extra 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese.


    Have you tried Almond milk? I found that to be a very good and tasty (vanilla flavor unsweetened is delicious with cookies and cream whey) replacement for the milk with no sugar, no carbs and some very good fats.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  25. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I've been on it for quite a while. I don't suffer much during the morning, but once the first bite goes in I have a very very hard time to stop eating... Maybe it's the anabeta, who knows.



    Have you tried Almond milk? I found that to be a very good and tasty (vanilla flavor unsweetened is delicious with cookies and cream whey) replacement for the milk with no sugar, no carbs and some very good fats.[/INDENT]
    I have thought about it. Ill be grocery shopping tomorrow for the usual Ground Turkey, Chicken, Sweet Potato's etc... I'm balling on a budget though, so if I can fit it I will. Really though, I tend to slam the shakes back in between meals, so water wouldn't bother me. Probably need to get my water intake up too.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. animal eaters toggling approach to muscle gain and fat loss
    By animaleater in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 02:35 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 03:48 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 01:00 PM
  4. Supps to help with fat loss, for hypothyroidism?
    By J_MAN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
  5. Fat Loss- Something To Think About
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Log in
Log in