Help with Diet Plan

derekn83

Awards
Attached are 3 sample days of my diet. This is from an app I use that logs what I eat. For the lunch meal, that is split into 3 meals spread out during the middle of the day. I lift 2 days a week and do a boxing class 2 days a week. Always in the morning. I am 5' 10", 210lbs, with 18% percent bodyfat. I have started with this diet about 4 weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds so far. I would appreciate any suggestions. I also taking 5-10 grams of creatine and glutamine everyday. I am trying to lose weight while trying to preserve muscle.
sample meals.jpg
sample meals 2.jpg
sample meals 3.jpg

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
Why do you chose the shake with your morning meal instead of a real food protien? Is it just a matter of convenience? If it works for you fine, but if you replaced that shake with 3 eggs, chicken, steak, or pork you might feel a little better through the day.

derekn83

Awards
I do the shake because I find I have a better workout in the morning with just a shake in me instead of a meal. Especially with the boxing workouts I do. I do have oatmeal in the morning with a banana and a scoop of protein on some days when I lift.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Upon first glance of your diet I would suggest eliminating the banana. If you need more potassium supplement other foods that are high in sugar or simply take a potassium supplement. Second Why not just choose a 100% whey protein powder instead of the casein? Typically casein is consumed by people trying to maintain or gain weight. You are trying to lose right? Also, You mentioned eating a solid meal before working out was hard, well have you tried the ultimate fat burning trick and workout in a fasted state in the mornings? One last suggestion would be to eat a couple more low calorie low fat solid meals. This could help speed up your metabolism a little and get you burning more fat!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Mross65

Mross65

Awards
I know this doesn't help you but I'm curious what program are you using to track diet?

derekn83

Awards
@musclegauge1, thanks for the feedback.

Just curious, why get rid of the banana for something that has more sugar. Don't I want to stay away from sugar as much as possible?

The casein is only before bed, I always read I want that at night because that is slow digesting so it will stay in my body longer.

Any suggestions for low calorie low fat solid meals?

@mross65 I am using the app calorie count.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What's the A,B,C grade thing?

A lot of people have good luck with IF (fasting), look into that maybe that could be for you & to your liking.

Mross65

Mross65

Awards
If you are losing weight at that rate I wouldn't change too much until you give it another few weeks.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Up your activity level. It could be something as simple as 30 minutes of steady paced cardio after your weight lifting sessions. You don't want to deprive yourself TOO much of food.....it's always better to move MORE then to eat LESS.

Pick fun cardio too so it's easy to get in extra exercise sessions. Things such as swimming, a sport, bike riding, sex......guess which ones my favorite? :biglaugh:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Up your activity level. It could be something as simple as 30 minutes of steady paced cardio after your weight lifting sessions. You don't want to deprive yourself TOO much of food.....it's always better to move MORE then to eat LESS.

Pick fun cardio too so it's easy to get in extra exercise sessions. Things such as swimming, a sport, bike riding, sex......guess which ones my favorite? :biglaugh:
Sex was great cardio haha...

derekn83

Awards
So back to the diet. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
So back to the diet. Does anyone have anymore suggestions?

Nothing else you can improve on really. Your eating clean quality food. That's exactly what you should be doing. The only thing that needs tweaking is the caloric target and your energy expenditure.

If you focus on eating balanced meals you won't have to worry so much about the insulin response.