True or False?

RomeoS

RomeoS

Awards
Reduce body fat before serious core training? Am I wasting my time trying to get "those ABS" w/ that gut?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes and no. Always do "serious" core training, but you won't see significant changes until you lower your BF%.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yes and no. Always do "serious" core training, but you won't see significant changes until you lower your BF%.
Precisely, though when I was real obese and my stomach bulged out...I had troubles doing good ROM for Crunches, Cable Crunches and Hanging Leg raises...If that is the case, dropping a few pounds might be ideal first.
Still, you can be engaging the core by Doing Proper From Parallel (or below) squats, proper Deadlifts and OHP.

RomeoS

RomeoS

Awards
I've been dropping some pretty good weight here in the last 10 days. (10lbs.) I'm currently at 193lbs @ 5' 8". Been lowering my calorie intake. 900-1000 daily total. Just wasn't too sure on blasting the core just yet......
Thank you both!!!

RomeoS

RomeoS

Awards
To add: I don't know my BF% I'll definitely inquire about that tomorrow at my training facility.....

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I've been dropping some pretty good weight here in the last 10 days. (10lbs.) I'm currently at 193lbs @ 5' 8". Been lowering my calorie intake. 900-1000 daily total. Just wasn't too sure on blasting the core just yet......
Thank you both!!!

That's all you are eating a day? Not good.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Did you just say you lost 10lbs in 10 days? Increase calories, no reason to keep them that low.

RomeoS

RomeoS

Awards
Yes about 1,000 per day......
Now I'm confused; I thought that's the reason for my weight loss.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thats dangerously low man. Ive been into it on multiple threads but at that much deficit, you could end up damaging your physiological systems which will have to try restore energy balance by catabolizing muscle.

RomeoS

RomeoS

Awards
Ok, I'll increase my calorie intake. Just stay away from sugars & saturated fats....Is that right?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, I'll increase my calorie intake. Just stay away from sugars & saturated fats....Is that right?

Sugars, yes. Saturated fats, in moderation. Saturated fats help play a role in testosterone buddy.

RomeoS

RomeoS

Awards
This is actually my first time ever counting calories & trending gains/losses. My target # was 1620 calories per day. I'm not starving myself just thought I was eating all the right things.

Breakfast: thinly sliced turkey 2oz.
2 scrambled eggs

Snack: Kashi- Granola bar
Ruby Red grapefruit
Carnivore Protein Drink- 2 scoops (70grams

Dinner: Chicken breast soup w/ vegetables (2 bowl servings)

RomeoS

RomeoS

Awards
Thank you all for your input....
This will be very beneficiary

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
You need to eat at least 1,200 calories a day in order for weight loss. Anything less and you are starving yourself and won't see any healthy loss.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I usually recommend that you eat enough to cover your BMR, then add a few more calories on top of this depending on how much exercise you do. So if you burn >500 in an exercise session, then just eat a bit more until your at an calorie deficit of about 500kcals or less or slightly more. If you only burn <500 or less then id just cover BMR and maybe a few hundred calories less.

You'll usually (if not always) dip into BMR when trying to drop scale weight, that's why its important to make weight loss a slow, steady process to avoid any damage or adverse results. If your only eating 1000 calories and your BMR is +/-2000 and your exercising on top of this great deficit (burning off say 500kcals) then your body can only use 500kcals for physiological functions. The rest may come from muscle, fat or by shutting down energy consuming functions which are non-essential in survival of the body (more understood in females, or just better documented).

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reduce body fat before serious core training? Am I wasting my time trying to get "those ABS" w/ that gut?

ABS are a muscle. You should train it regardless. Cutting bodyfat makes them visable not bigger and not shaped better. Training does that. They are an endurance muscle because you use them every day like legs. You can also train them more than once a week because (in my case atleast) they recover very quickly.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established

Workout your BMR and then aim for 500 cals less than it taking into account the calories you burn from training. Going lower will jeapodise your weight loss and importantly your health. I speak from experience here. I've had to take 4 months off training to recover properly - its no joke.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is actually my first time ever counting calories & trending gains/losses. My target # was 1620 calories per day. I'm not starving myself just thought I was eating all the right things.

Breakfast: thinly sliced turkey 2oz.
2 scrambled eggs

Snack: Kashi- Granola bar
Ruby Red grapefruit
Carnivore Protein Drink- 2 scoops (70grams

Dinner: Chicken breast soup w/ vegetables (2 bowl servings)

when your body hit STARVATION mode is more difficult lose fat

up your REAL food and replace your protein powder by BCAA.

and add B- complex and multi minerals.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com