Diet help

rich2342

Awards
Hi Guys,

Trying to help a friend out. Not sure what to recommend any suggestions, as far as what workout program and more importantly diet and macro range for his goals. He's 5 '10 and 260 although it very well distributed. You would never guess hime that heavy just by looking at him. Anyhow he wants to get to a goal weight of 225, and has specified no time frame in which to do it. I'm not sure what exactly to recommend. Your advice is welcome.

Deano

Awards
Giving suggestions would be a lot easier if we knew what his current diet looks like. But for an over all statement have him do some cardio 3-5 days a week and keep his diet clean.

DEANO

rich2342

Awards
as of right now he doesn't have one. He eats what he eats at random. He wants to lose 35lbs of fat and gain some muscle. It shouldn't be that hard for him to do with the right diet. I'm just not sure which calorie range and macro breakdown would be optimal

Deano

Awards
Well, for me i like a 50/30/20 (p/c/f) macro breakdown but others like a 40/40/20 breakdown. I would start him at like 2700-2900 cals for a few weeks and see how he does. Other than the first 2 weeks if he is dropping much more than 2 pounds a week then i would bump up his cals some, but if he is not loosing then i would drop them some. He is going to be weight training right? I would have him do his cardio first thing in the morning with an epty stomach.

DEANO

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Adding to Deano's post I would recommend oats, brown rice, green veggies, egg whites, chicken breast, tuna, natural peanut butter, cashews, peanuts, lean beef, and protein powder as needed.