Help with Macros %'s

Roaddog 642

Roaddog 642

Awards
Nutrition Help Please?

Can someone tell me how to figure my Macro %'s for protein/fat/carbs. I have my bmr (1807.82) and my basic Calorie needs to maintain body weight (2485) now I just need to figure out the macros break down to keep my muscle and lose some fat. Thinkin I might try the carb cycling type diet. I would like to get atleast 250g of protein, and 80g to 100g of carbs on low days and 200g to 300g on high days. I weigh 175 and Iv got probably 15lbs to 18lbs to lose. Top two abs are visible just need to trim up the bottom of my stomach and love handles. I lift 4 days a week and do HIIT 4 days a week for 25mins a session. I want to get rid of this fat before I try to gain any more muscle. After not getting the results I would have liked I have finally realized its diet/gym not gym and half ass diet... lol Any help/suggestions/constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

masodonis

Awards
Clen? Lol

Idk this is a pretty specific question... Have you tried anything specific like keto before?

Roaddog 642

Roaddog 642

Awards
No I havent. To be honest I havent ever been strick on my food intake other than to be reasonable with junk and fats, and to make sure I got enough protein in. I dont drink pop or eat junk food but I do enjoy steaks with loaded baked potatos ect... Hope that helps. This is my first attempt to get serious with my diet.

masodonis

Awards
If you're going to carb cycle, eat carbs on lifting days and hope to hell your HIIT days burn ft as energy... Keep protein steady at about 300g...

Or atleast, that's what I would do!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Aim for 240g of protein which should be about 40% of your diet. I am assuming your going to eat maintenance and let your work outs put you into a deficit?

How you fill in carbs and fats is really something you have to play around with and see what works. You can carb cycle the other 60% of your macros how ever you want.

I would personally cut 300 calories about every 15 days not lowering protein at all though. Then re adjust about 8-10 weeks down the line to keep protein at about 40-50%. You can be more aggressive some weeks and lower up to 500 calories but being more aggressive does not always mean more progress. I would carb cycle if I felt the need for any carb restriction but I hate keto diets. You may love it, many do.

A carb cycle I like is a fluctuation
Day 1-2 under 100g most post workout
Day 3-4 150-200g half post work out
(if my math is right this leaves 60g ish fat left. It's late my math may be off)
Or day 3-5 like above
5-6 100-150g carbs
Day 7 carb up.

This is what I am doing now, it works for me. Adjusted to fit my needs

This would allow me to train just as hard but see body composition changes.

Other methods would be higher carbs on work out days, keto type diet on cardio days. Slowly raise carbs through the week.

Don't get clen, be patient, track your calories and work hard. Make sure to get proper rest as well.

Roaddog 642

Roaddog 642

Awards
Thanks so much bro. Ok so how does this sound for a cut figuring my lean mass is about 155lbs. 1860cals 235grams protein, around 40 to 42 grams of fat and between 140 and 150 grams of carbs per day. Four meals a day not including a post workout shake with protein and carbs after lifting. All whole foods nothing processed.

Roaddog 642

Roaddog 642

Awards
Aim for 240g of protein which should be about 40% of your diet. I am assuming your going to eat maintenance and let your work outs put you into a deficit?

How you fill in carbs and fats is really something you have to play around with and see what works. You can carb cycle the other 60% of your macros how ever you want.

Don't get clen, be patient, track your calories and work hard. Make sure to get proper rest as well.
Thanks that is the kind of info I was looking for. What is your thoughts on my diet I came up with?

masodonis

Awards
Good advice MM11, and for the record, I was joking about the clen haha

Roaddog 642

Roaddog 642

Awards
Meal plan something like this...

Breakfast

• Egg white
    Raw, fresh
    gramscuplarge
    2 cup
    x

• Turkey sausage
    Reduced fat, brown and serve, cooked
    gramscup
    1 cup
    x
17.5g Carbs
14g Fat
74.7g Protein
494.4 Calories

Meal 2

• Cottage cheese
    Lowfat, 2% milkfat
    gramscup, (not packed)oz
    2 cup, (not packed)
    x
16.5g Carbs
11.1g Fat
53.5g Protein
388.7 Calories

Meal 3

• White rice
    Long-grain, regular, cooked
    gramscup
    1 cup
    x

• Chicken breast
    Broilers or fryers, meat only, cooked, roasted
    gramscup, chopped or dicedunit (yield from 1 lb ready-to-cook chicken)breast, bone and skin removed
    1 breast, bone and skin removed
    x
44.5g Carbs
6.6g Fat
57.6g Protein
489.2 Calories

Meal 4

• Reduced fat milk
    Fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin a and vitamin d
    gramscupfl ozquart
    2 cup

• Nonfat greek yogurt
    Nonfat, plain
    gramsoz
    12 oz
37.4g Carbs
9.7g Fat
52.1g Protein
444.6 Calories

Meal 5

Meal 6

Meal 7

Meal 8

Meal 9

Vegetables

• Carrots
    Raw
    gramscup choppedcup gratedcup strips or sliceslarge (7-1/4" to 8-/1/2" long)mediumsmall (5-1/2" long)slicestrip large (3" long)
    2 cup chopped
24.5g Carbs
0.6g Fat
2.4g Protein
105 Calories

Cumulative Stats:

140.5g Carbs
41.9g Fat
240.3g Protein
1921.9 Calories

Roaddog 642

Roaddog 642

Awards

I would personally cut 300 calories about every 15 days not lowering protein at all though. Then re adjust about 8-10 weeks down the line to keep protein at about 40-50%. You can be more aggressive some weeks and lower up to 500 calories but being more aggressive does not always mean more progress. I would carb cycle if I felt the need for any carb restriction but I hate keto diets. You may love it, many do.

A carb cycle I like is a fluctuation
Day 1-2 under 100g most post workout
Day 3-4 150-200g half post work out
(if my math is right this leaves 60g ish fat left. It's late my math may be off)
Or day 3-5 like above
5-6 100-150g carbs
Day 7 carb up.

This is what I am doing now, it works for me. Adjusted to fit my needs

This would allow me to train just as hard but see body composition changes.

Other methods would be higher carbs on work out days, keto type diet on cardio days. Slowly raise carbs through the week.

Sorry just to be clear I just re read your whole post. I realize the above diet I listed is not carb cycling but do I NEED to do that or will this work to get me going you think? Or should I adjust it for carb cycling to start with? I was thinking I would eat like this 7 days a week but have a cheat meal on saturday evenings or sunday. Just one meal, say dinner maybe. The percentages worked out to 30% Carbs/50% Proteins/20% Fats.

Thanks again for all the advice guys.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
The only thing you NEED to do is be in a calorie deficit. Everything else is just extra layers on the cake to try to keep the calories burning fat and not muscle.

Skipping meals planned to fit your macros will NOT help fatloss speed up. Eating to little is not the answer. Loose a little drop some more calories. Loose more and then re adjust again.

No real secret. Hard work and consistency. I like to go 2 days a week under 100g carbs to deplete my glycogen stores, but I can not function with out them. I also never skip a beat with my work out intensity cut or lean bulk.

The point is calorie deficit. The rest is honestly personal preference. (well it's pretty unanimous that you should keep protein high )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 12
Nutrition / Health 12
Honey Nutrition / Health 19
Weight Loss 4
Nutrition / Health 3