gokix's summer kickoff! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 9

gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 9 of 32 First ... 4789101114 ... Last
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Aw thanks huggy! Thanks for the support & joining me on my journey BTW did you ever try Walden's Choco Syrup?
    Walden's is pretty good... Ty for the recommendation... Been putting it into fruit smoothies... it is yummy

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Glad I could be of service.

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Walden's is pretty good... Ty for the recommendation... Been putting it into fruit smoothies... it is yummy
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Hey gokix I notice you did some sumo squats how did you like them? I love them as they don't bother my knees.
    •   

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Likewise and because it's a wider stance it's more comfortable for my hips as well

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    Hey gokix I notice you did some sumo squats how did you like them? I love them as they don't bother my knees.
    Squats do a booty good.

SAT LOG
    --------

1 Hr Zumba

I don't know how much calories I burned but I got a nice sweat going. This one was a little more intense than the other session
    Squats do a booty good.

SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Grinding Contact Twists 3x10
    Renegade Rows 3x10 each side
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec
    Bird Dog 3x5 reps each side @ 10 sec hold

Bit of core work mixed with some hip flexor stretching. Lower back has felt tight/sore since last Thursday. After some googling, it looks like it might be a case of lordosis because when I look in the mirror my lumbar curve looks like it's curving inward and making my butt stick out when standing, more so than before. When I squeeze my glutes together my pelvis will rotate upwards and this feels like how it should be when standing. Hmmm... any advice on this would be appreciated.
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec

Bit of core work mixed with some hip flexor stretching. Lower back has felt tight/sore since last Thursday. After some googling, it looks like it might be a case of lordosis because when I look in the mirror my lumbar curve looks like it's curving inward and making my butt stick out when standing, more so than before. When I squeeze my glutes together my pelvis will rotate upwards and this feels like how it should be when standing. Hmmm... any advice on this would be appreciated.
    How did you like them renegade rows. Not sure on the pelvic rotation, lol

Killer ab workout I tried going faster on the positive and slower on the negative and nearly lost my balance; my abs were screaming lol.

How did you like them renegade rows. Not sure on the pelvic rotation, lol
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Killer ab workout I tried going faster on the positive and slower on the negative and nearly lost my balance; my abs were screaming lol.
    it takes a lil getting used to but its a cool movement...

Heavy db rows get my abs good too...
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec

Actually, you have an anterior pelvic tilt. This article should provide some good info for you:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...donald_duck&cr=
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

Thank you, az Haha Donald Duck describes it perfectly! I will definitely give that a read!

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Actually, you have an anterior pelvic tilt. This article should provide some good info for you:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...donald_duck&cr=
    Squats do a booty good.

PW: 161
    CW: 159

I set a goal for a loss of 2 lbs exactly one week ago. Guys and girls!!! I'm happy to say I met my goal! I'm finally in the 150's! And that is a total of 21 lbs overall since I first started this journey. I lowered my carb intake to ~80 ~100g on workout days, and kept my fats and prots the same. I was also consuming ~1300 on off days and no more than ~1500 on workout days. 1500 is a bit lower than I'd like. If I continue to steadily lose weight I am thinking about adding in ~100 cals back in. What do ya'll think? Prior to this I was consuming ~1800 cals on workout days.
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I set a goal for a loss of 2 lbs exactly one week ago. Guys and girls!!! I'm happy to say I met my goal! I'm finally in the 150's! And that is a total of 21 lbs overall since I first started this journey. I lowered my carb intake to ~80 ~100g on workout days, and kept my fats and prots the same. I was also consuming ~1300 on off days and no more than ~1500 on workout days. 1500 is a bit lower than I'd like. If I continue to steadily lose weight I am thinking about adding in ~100 cals back in. What do ya'll think? Prior to this I was consuming ~1800 cals on workout days.
    Congrats on the success.... Adjust the calories, see how you feel, you can always drop them again....
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good job girl!!! I'll be starting my cut soon wish me luck

Congrats on the success.... Adjust the calories, see how you feel, you can always drop them again....
    Thanks huggy! This is true. I dropped my cals from 2300 > 2000 > 1800 > 1500. I read that LG calls for + on workout days, but I was only maintaining my weight with higher end cals which was super frustrating because I thought I was following it correctly. I'll experiment with my numbers

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    Good job girl!!! I'll be starting my cut soon wish me luck
    Thank ya bmf I've been stuck on a plateau for what seems like ages so this feels really good! Best of luck on your cut - if I can do it, anyone can!
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

congratulations!

Don't know how the heck you're getting by on just 80-100 carbs...I'd be passed out in a ditch by noon if i tried to do that for a day lol.

Thank you very much! Most of my carbs are consumed post-wo. And I'm carb sensitive so if I just look at carbs I seem to gain weight, lots of it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    congratulations!

Don't know how the heck you're getting by on just 80-100 carbs...I'd be passed out in a ditch by noon if i tried to do that for a day lol.
    Squats do a booty good.

MON LOG
    ---------

Clean Pulls 5x5 @ 40lbs
    DB Sumo Squats 4x12 @ 33lbs
    DB Step ups 4x10 @ 20lbs each
    OHP 3x10 @ 33lbs
    Superset:
    Reverse Lunges 3x10 @ 15lbs each
    RDL 3x10 @ 30lbs
    Barbell calf raises 3x10 @ 60 lbs

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: Jennifer Lopez - Dance Again
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFoZ...eature=related

I wonder if anyone dances between sets or if it's just me? Can't help it when this song is on. lol. Working on my clean pulls which is helping me to understand how the first movement of the Power Clean is performed. My legs almost gave out during reverse lunges! oh the buuuuuuuurnnnnn!
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    MON LOG
    ---------

Clean Pulls 5x5 @ 40lbs
    DB Step ups 4x10 @ 20lbs each
    OHP 3x10 @ 33lbs
    Superset:
    Reverse Lunges 3x10 @ 15lbs each
    RDL 3x10 @ 30lbs
    Barbell calf raises 3x10 @ 60 lbs

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: Jennifer Lopez - Dance Again
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFoZ...eature=related

I wonder if anyone dances between sets or if it's just me? Can't help it when this song is on. lol. Working on my clean pulls which is helping me to understand how the first movement of the Power Clean is performed. My legs almost gave out during reverse lunges! oh the buuuuuuuurnnnnn!
    Lol stop working out so hard you're making me look bad!! But good job again!! Congrats on the weightloss too!!
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Ah the sumo squat! My favorite exercise hope you get good results from it. You should try sumo deadlift another one of my favorite. Also congrats on hitting your goal!

Lol stop working out so hard you're making me look bad!! But good job again!! Congrats on the weightloss too!!
    Haha thanks, and I know you are working hard too!

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    Ah the sumo squat! My favorite exercise hope you get good results from it. You should try sumo deadlift another one of my favorite. Also congrats on hitting your goal!
    Do you use DBs or Barbell? And are you referring to high bar pull sumo deadlift?
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Well I use a barbell and do regular sumo deadlift up to my waist back straight hip forward. If I could do a high bar pull with the weight I'm pulling (355lbs) I would amaze my self lol.

TUES LOG

BB Lunges 3x5 @ 70lbs
    BBR 1x12 @52lbs, 2x12 @62lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 50lbs
    Superset:
    Incline DB Press 3x10 @17lbs each
    DB Row 3x10 @ 12lbs
    Elevated BW Dips 8,7,7

Energy: 4/10
    [SOTD]: Adventure Club - Need Your Heart (ft. Kai)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjnyeoR1564

Decent workout today, but not the best. Knees were giving me issue during lunges and I finished at 3 sets instead of my usual 5. Also, right shoulder kept making a clicking noise at the top of the row which was weird. It didn't hurt at all just kept clicking after each rep. Dips weren't too strong today either, last time I was able to bang out 10,9,9 but today I felt short a few reps. Next workout is on Friday and I'm looking to kill it!!
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

whats going on with your knees?
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Do you take fish oils or any kind of omegas?

I just bought a new bottle recently. I've been neglecting to take my daily fish oil supps, so I need to start doing that today!

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    whats going on with your knees?
    Do you take fish oils or any kind of omegas?
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

TUES LOG

BB Lunges 3x5 @ 70lbs
    BBR 1x12 @52lbs, 2x12 @62lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 50lbs
    Superset:
    Incline DB Press 3x10 @17lbs each
    DB Row 3x10 @ 12lbs
    Elevated BW Dips 8,7,7

Energy: 4/10
    [SOTD]: Adventure Club - Need Your Heart (ft. Kai)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjnyeoR1564

Decent workout today, but not the best. Knees were giving me issue during lunges and I finished at 3 sets instead of my usual 5. Also, right shoulder kept making a clicking noise at the top of the row which was weird. It didn't hurt at all just kept clicking after each rep. Dips weren't too strong today either, last time I was able to bang out 10,9,9 but today I felt short a few reps. Next workout is on Friday and I'm looking to kill it!!
    I would lay off of dips until your shoulder stops making those noises personally. I don't even do dips anymore due to shoulder surgery. There is always another exercise to substitute!

Well, my right shoulder was making a clicking noise on the very 1st set of DB rows, which was weird because I wasn't lifting heavy or anything. I finished the superset with dips, and those do not hurt my shoulder or make weird clicking noises because I make sure to stop at 90* angle. I like how dips really work my tri's! Maybe it's the rows that I need to lay off of Can you suggest a different exercise to sub in?

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    I would lay off of dips until your shoulder stops making those noises personally. I don't even do dips anymore due to shoulder surgery. There is always another exercise to substitute!
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Sometimes my shoulder acts up and instead of a DB row I do a bent over barbell row. You can supinate (palms out) which tends to relieve a little more of the tension put on my shoulder. Some people find that pronated grips (palms in) works better for them. If you are worried about your lower back then rest your head on the top of an incline bench and that should keep you adequately supported. Add in some lateral raises, front raises, internal and external rotations and don't forget about the pulleys to strengthen the rotator cuff.

I just worry about the dips because I know for me thats a potentially hazardous exercise even if I stop at 90. Everyone's body is different though in what they tolerate so I suggest paying very close attention to any abnormalities that may arise. It doesn't always have to be pain either. Just anything out of the ordinary. When I first tore my rotator cuff it didn't hurt at all until about 24 hours after.
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

i have been taking animal pak flex and my joints have been happy campers.

I'm trying to picture this in my mind but I can't. lol maybe it's too early and my brain is mush. Is this meant for bbr or the lateral/front raises?

Sometimes my shoulder acts up and instead of a DB row I do a bent over barbell row. You can supinate (palms out) which tends to relieve a little more of the tension put on my shoulder. Some people find that pronated grips (palms in) works better for them. If you are worried about your lower back then rest your head on the top of an incline bench and that should keep you adequately supported. Add in some lateral raises, front raises, internal and external rotations and don't forget about the pulleys to strengthen the rotator cuff.

I just worry about the dips because I know for me thats a potentially hazardous exercise even if I stop at 90. Everyone's body is different though in what they tolerate so I suggest paying very close attention to any abnormalities that may arise. It doesn't always have to be pain either. Just anything out of the ordinary. When I first tore my rotator cuff it didn't hurt at all until about 24 hours after.
    Squats do a booty good.

Good morning huggy

i have been taking animal pak flex and my joints have been happy campers.
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I'm trying to picture this in my mind but I can't. lol maybe it's too early and my brain is mush. Is this meant for bbr or the lateral/front raises?
    That portion was particularly for the barbell row.

Haha wow I'm slow. I get it now, thanks ax!

That portion was particularly for the barbell row.
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Haha wow I'm slow. I get it now, thanks ax!
    Hey, no worries! My brain doesn't generally turn on for a couple more hours!
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Good morning huggy
    Gooooooooooooooooooooooood morning...

THUR LOG

1 hr zumba

[SOTD]: Nayer - Suave (Kiss Me)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKPG-aV5a44

Good cardio workout and quite fun
    Squats do a booty good.

FRI LOG

Clean Pulls 5x5 @ 50lbs
    DB Step ups 3x10 @ 20lbs each
    OHP 5x5 @ 40lbs
    Superset:
    Reverse Lunges 3x10 @ 17lbs each
    RDL 3x10 @ 40lbs
    Barbell calf raises 3x10 @ 66 lbs

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Jennifer Lopez - Papi (Fabinho VJ feat. R3hab)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlxYt-S1Zj8

I was able to increase some weight on the clean pulls and I'm slowly increasing them again on RDL as well. My hip flexors are tight for sure so I was foam rolling sore points earlier. First of all, I felt like someone punched me really hard all around my hip flexors - it really hurt around the upper thigh/side of the hip! I kept steady pressure on sore areas until the muscles started to loosen. But yeah, not fun. lol Energy was up but toward the end of the super sets I was spent and relying on the music to give me the pump I needed to concentrate on finishing up.
    Squats do a booty good.

Most recent pic of my back. The mirror kind of splices my arm in half but it's the best I could do. Definitely still needs some work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Squats do a booty good.
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Gokix, I never comment on photos, but in your case I just wanted to say you look fantastic and the results of your dedication are apparent. Keep up the good work.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:35 AM