gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 8 of 32 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Answers

Oh, and I made this flaxseed/protein pancake yesterday! Def gonna add these into my diet more often

Name:  9krpzk.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  24.0 KB
    Squats do a booty good.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I've been wanting to try something like this. Do you mind shearing the recipe?

3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Thanks! Everyone has been giving me great suggestions, and that helps too

I think I might have to switch out Deadlifts too. I was going to try for a lighter weight tomorrow, but I don't know if that would be a smart thing to do since my hip flexibility/mobility isn't the greatest right now. Do you think my other muscles would end up compensating? The popular opinion seems to be to switch out to leg extensions, I should get on that! What about hitting hammies and glutes?

I would shy away from any hip hinge movements until you get healed up. Hammies should not be an issue. If your gym has a seated hamstring curl then that would be ideal. Glutes are another issue though because most things involve the hips hinging. You could try bird dogs and really squeeze the glutes during the hold.

About that, I dropped 2lbs (prob mostly water weight) within the first 3 days or so. I was like !! but I was HUNGRY the morning after, still am! Maintained at 161 lbs last week, but this week I am back up ~2lbs. My hip has been an issue so I haven't been getting in much cardio either.

Carb intake for off days is ~30-40g or lower. Intake for on days ~100g. Been adding in more fats (coconut oil, fattier cuts of meat like 93/7 ground beef or ground chicken, PB) ~60g/on, ~80g/off. I'm trying to get more protein in too, like yesterday, my total intake was 190g!
    Cardio is tricky right now as far as the hip. For now you could just try really short rest intervals between sets to keep the heart rate rocking. This gets me pretty winded and is what I do when cutting. Lastly, always make it a point to hit your protein goal each day. Then get the other macros in.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

•   

4. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    I've been wanting to try something like this. Do you mind shearing the recipe?
    Loosely based on a recipe I found here:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=560784

This recipe is uber simple and lo-carb! Feel free to use/substitute whatever else you think would taste good if you don't like flaxseed, you will be able to tell the batter is made of flaxseed when eating it. Some alternatives: whole wheat flour, ground up plain oats, almond flour, whole egg instead of egg whites, heavy cream. Be sure to mix the dry ingredients thoroughly. I tweaked mines a bit:

2T flaxseed and 1/2 scoop Dymatize Banana Nut Protein powder (The protein I had on hand)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2-3 packets Stevia
    1 tblsp cinnamon (I like it cinnamon-y!)
    1/2 cup Egg Whites (already had the carton)*
    SF Syrup for topping

*note: 1/2 cup egg whites was actually a bit too much making the battery more watery. I'd try 1/4 cup of egg whites first and then whisk together; slowly add more until you get desired texture.
    Squats do a booty good.

5. Professional Member
    Answers

Very informative post! Appreciate the advice, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Cardio is tricky right now as far as the hip. For now you could just try really short rest intervals between sets to keep the heart rate rocking. This gets me pretty winded and is what I do when cutting. Lastly, always make it a point to hit your protein goal each day. Then get the other macros in.
    Squats do a booty good.

6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

I'm trying to get more protein in too, like yesterday, my total intake was 190g!
    good girl!!!!

7. Professional Member
    Answers

FRI LOG
    --------

Complexes 3x10 @ 20 lbs
    Kettle Swings
    Lunges
    Squats
    Up / Downs

Barbell Lunges 3x10 @ 45 lbs
    Leg extensions 3x12
    Seated Leg curls 3x12

15 min bike

Good workout today. Went to the gym so I could hit up the machines. Lunges don't bother my hips very much, but I tried squatting with the bar and it still aggravated my hip so I had to stop. I'll have to lay off those for a while. My foam roller arrived yesterday and I spent about 30 min stretching my quads, hammies, and glutes. Glutes have been sore for about 2 days so I def felt the tightness of the muscle during the foam roll! OMG! I felt like someone had punched me really hard! It was not fun but it did feel better after.
    Squats do a booty good.

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like a great time.they say the rollers help. I just can't see myself doing it. Some 230-250 pound guy rolling away in the corner of the gym. nothing wrong with it but my ego but I just can't. I know, I know....

9. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Big boy D View Post
    Sounds like a great time.they say the rollers help. I just can't see myself doing it. Some 230-250 pound guy rolling away in the corner of the gym. nothing wrong with it but my ego but I just can't. I know, I know....
    Haha I foam roll in the comfort of my home! I probably look uncoordinated as hell doing it
    Squats do a booty good.

10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Ummm

11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Have you experimented with different foot placements when squatting: wider,narrower,etc? As you have, I'm sure, gotten stronger and the weight has increased,now the form has brought out this issue. Just a thought. Play around with different foot positions next time and see if this alleviates the issue.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

12. Professional Member
    Answers

I had someone critique my squat and their assessment was that I was not creating a tight shelf on my upper body for which to rest the bar on, sticking out my chest too far, and so when I bent down into the squat my hips had to compensate because my upper body was not kept tight at all times. I guess this means I need to practice more because once I hit below parallel now it becomes very uncomfortable. I squat high bar so my foot position is about shoulder length apart, but I'll try different foot positions, thanks AZ!

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Have you experimented with different foot placements when squatting: wider,narrower,etc? As you have, I'm sure, gotten stronger and the weight has increased,now the form has brought out this issue. Just a thought. Play around with different foot positions next time and see if this alleviates the issue.
    Squats do a booty good.

13. Professional Member
    Answers

SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Grinding Contact Twists 3x10
    Renegade Rows 3x10 each side
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec
    Bird Dog 3x5 reps each side @ 10 sec hold

[SOTD]: Lindsey Stirling- Crystallize
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

This song randomly came on my Pandora station. Violin dub-step, but not overly dub-step and a slower tempo. Love the intro - it's an awesome track. Check it out.

After doing some core work I realize how weak my lower back is. Hip still uncomfy at times. My order or Iforce Compete came in and I gotta say it's pretty yummy! I mixed it in with some left over Vitamin Zero water and I've been sipping on it for the past hour.
    Squats do a booty good.

14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

are you feeling better? have your sides subsided?

I have been riding the jack3d micro train for about a week and it has been very good to me.... I know you dont like stims but this feels pretty smooth from an energy standpoint. Might be worth picking up a trial just to see if you can tolerate it...

15. Professional Member
    Answers

Oh you mean from the ECY? Yes those have subsided, thankfully! Some days I will take Reduce XT and I limit that to 1/day. I don't know if you saw, but there's a Jack3d promo going on right now. Entries are photoshopped pictures with a tub of Jack3d. I was messing around and came up with this lol

Jack3d Micro AKA "the relationship ender", overnight best seller at NP!!! GIVEAWAY

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    are you feeling better? have your sides subsided?

I have been riding the jack3d micro train for about a week and it has been very good to me.... I know you dont like stims but this feels pretty smooth from an energy standpoint. Might be worth picking up a trial just to see if you can tolerate it...
    Squats do a booty good.

16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

Oh you mean from the ECY? Yes those have subsided, thankfully! Some days I will take Reduce XT and I limit that to 1/day. I don't know if you saw, but there's a Jack3d promo going on right now. Entries are photoshopped pictures with a tub of Jack3d. I was messing around and came up with this lol

Jack3d Micro AKA "the relationship ender", overnight best seller at NP!!! GIVEAWAY

saw those... very funny...

17. Professional Member
    Answers

Thanks I hope others think so too

saw those... very funny...
    Squats do a booty good.

18. Professional Member
    Answers

SUN LOG
    --------

[SOTD]: Ellie Goulding - High For This (The Weeknd Cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7e-...eature=related

HIIT Pyramid Active Intervals:
    15 - 30 - 45 - 30 - 15 Seconds
    15 sec rest between each

High Knees
    Toe Touch Crunches
    Burpees
    Squat and Pass
    Back Bow
    Mountain Climbers

Took about 30 min from start to finish and then I stretched for 15 minutes. This workout kicked my @$$!!
    Squats do a booty good.

19. Professional Member
    Answers

MON LOG
    ---------

Barbell Lunges 5x5 each leg @ 70lbs
    BBR 2x12 @ 52 lbs, 1x12 @ 62 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 50 lbs
    Superset 3x10 incline DB press (15lbs each), DB Rows (12lbs), Barbell Pullovers (20lbs)
    Farmers Walk 4 sets @ 27 lbs each
    15 min @10% incline, 2mph

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: TI- Got Your Back ft Keri Hilson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIxu8YUGYF8

Despite getting very little sleep I had a good workout. Core is sore from toe touches yesterday. I've dropped my cal intake to ~1900 on workout days and ~1450 on "cardio" days and ~1350 on "off" days. I found full length Bootcamp/Yoga videos on youtube, so I'll probably use that as my cardio this week. So far I've been been sitting at 161 lbs for the past few days... but!

Goal for this week: drop those stubborn 2 lbs, so I want to be 159 by the end of this week! *puts on my best warrior face*
    Squats do a booty good.

20. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Your workouts look great!!!! Keep pushing those weights.

Ellie Golding is awesome btw! Good choice!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

MON LOG
    ---------

Goal for this week: drop those stubborn 2 lbs, so I want to be 159 by the end of this week! *puts on my best warrior face*

Name:  showMEYourWarFace.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  41.4 KB

22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Name:  showMEYourWarFace.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  41.4 KB
    That was hilarious!

23. Professional Member
    Answers

Haha cute!
    Squats do a booty good.

24. Professional Member
    Answers

WED LOG
    ---------

Power Clean 5x5 @ 40lbs
    DB Sumo Squat 3x12 @ 20lbs
    Good Morning 5x5 @ 45lbs
    DB Step Ups 3x10 @ 15lbs each
    OHP 3x12 @ 33lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 15 lbs DB each - Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (30lbs)

[SOTD]: Dirty Talk - Wynter Gordon feat. David Guetta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betadlhZs2g

This past week I've been eating a small pre-wo meal. So far so good. I'm not sure how much it affects my workouts but I'm just happy to get some food in me after a night of fasting Decided to try some new exercises today for legs. Squats and DL still a no go - I still can feel a bit of soreness there after my workouts and when sitting. I'm new at Power Cleans so I warmed up with a lot of sets before I settled on 40 lbs. I'm going to continue to work on my form because I felt just a tad of strain on my lower back and knees and that didn't feel right. I also have this tendency to fling the bar a bit higher than it needs to go! It's a lot harder than it looks!
    Squats do a booty good.

25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Answers

sub'd.

26. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    sub'd.
    Glad to have ya on board.
    Squats do a booty good.

27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    WED LOG
    ---------

Power Clean 5x5 @ 40lbs
    DB Sumo Squat 3x12 @ 20lbs
    Good Morning 5x5 @ 45lbs
    DB Step Ups 3x10 @ 15lbs each
    OHP 3x12 @ 33lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 15 lbs DB each - Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (30lbs)

[SOTD]: Dirty Talk - Wynter Gordon feat. David Guetta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betadlhZs2g

This past week I've been eating a small pre-wo meal. So far so good. I'm not sure how much it affects my workouts but I'm just happy to get some food in me after a night of fasting Decided to try some new exercises today for legs. Squats and DL still a no go - I still can feel a bit of soreness there after my workouts and when sitting. I'm new at Power Cleans so I warmed up with a lot of sets before I settled on 40 lbs. I'm going to continue to work on my form because I felt just a tad of strain on my lower back and knees and that didn't feel right. I also have this tendency to fling the bar a bit higher than it needs to go! It's a lot harder than it looks!
    I have not tried working with weights fasted. I love the small meal 2 hours before. Always one cup of oatmeal, need2slin and a protein shake. How was the pump with the pre meal?

28. Professional Member
    Answers

It's good! I probably need it more on my lifting days. Cardio not so much. BTW what is need2slin?

I have not tried working with weights fasted. I love the small meal 2 hours before. Always one cup of oatmeal, need2slin and a protein shake. How was the pump with the pre meal?
    Squats do a booty good.

29. Professional Member
    Answers

THUR LOG
    ---------

1 Hr Zumba

5 min HIIT:
    Burpee with Jumping Jack
    Box Jumps
    20 sec on, 10 sec off x2

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: Dimaro Groove City (Original)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70l7p62UEKY

I was really, really, really dreading cardio today and needed something that was low impact on the hips, so I decided to try Zumba! It was a good workout, got me sweating a little bit. Then I ended my workout with a quick HIIT session, which after Zumba had my tank soaked! Good workout today, and glad it's over lol. My diet has been pretty good. I didn't eat very much after my workout yesterday. Actually I just took a shower and passed out, woke up around midnight and there were donuts on the counter - oh no! So... I mindlessly ate one. I felt kinda guilty but I didn't have much to eat that day! I definitely worked it off today though!
    Squats do a booty good.

30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

It's good! I probably need it more on my lifting days. Cardio not so much. BTW what is need2slin?
    Need2slin helps with carb disposal... definitely dont need those carbs on cardio days. I cycle my carbs down pretty low on no weight days...

31. Professional Member
    Answers

Ahh okay Yeah, me neither. I've been tapering down on carbs for the past few days, both cardio + lifting days, to try and hit my goal!

Need2slin helps with carb disposal... definitely dont need those carbs on cardio days. I cycle my carbs down pretty low on no weight days...
    Squats do a booty good.

32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

Keep playing with your carb levels till you find your sweet spot. Right now I am around half a gram per pound bw and only around weight workouts.

33. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

subd, keep up the good work!!!!

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Answers

WTF. Wait a minute. I did know about this log. I just never posted in here... no wonder I'm not getting notifications. Avenger sister, I have failed thee !

But I'm here now, DAMMIT!

Name:  lets_get_this_party_started_tshirt-p235763298303670215b6f99_400.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  30.0 KB
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Answers

my day will not be complete w/out my Gokix daily checkin...

36. Professional Member
    Answers

Aw thanks huggy! Thanks for the support & joining me on my journey BTW did you ever try Walden's Choco Syrup?

my day will not be complete w/out my Gokix daily checkin...
    Squats do a booty good.

37. Professional Member
    Answers

FRI LOG
    --------

Barbell Lunges 5x5 each leg @ 60lbs
    BBR 1x12 @ 52 lbs, 2x12 @ 62 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 50 lbs
    Superset:
    Incline DB Press 3x10 @ 17lbs each
    DB Rows 3x10 @ 12 lbs each
    BW Elevated Dips 1x10, 1x9, 1x9

Energy: 5/10
    [SOTD]: Taio Cruz - Troublemaker (Mike Candys 303 Bootleg)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ondu7wPXY4k

I had to drag my booty to the weights to workout today! Once things got going I was motivated to finish the workout in ~1hr and I did! Got a crazy sweat going during supersets, especially when finishing the set with elevated dips! Really felt the burn in my triceps and even when my tri's started giving out at 9 reps I still finished strong! Hamstrings felt tight all day so I've been stretching them here and there. Hoping these BCAA's will help me recover!
    Squats do a booty good.

38. Professional Member
    Answers

Welcome to the party

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    WTF. Wait a minute. I did know about this log. I just never posted in here... no wonder I'm not getting notifications. Avenger sister, I have failed thee !

But I'm here now, DAMMIT!

Name:  lets_get_this_party_started_tshirt-p235763298303670215b6f99_400.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  30.0 KB
    Squats do a booty good.

39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Answers

Welcome to the party
    Party on girl!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

40. Professional Member
    Answers

Haha I'm rocking out to the party playlist *does the robot*

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Party on girl!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!
    Squats do a booty good.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:35 AM