78.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

FRI LOG
    --------

Front Squat 1x12 @ 60lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @50lbs
    Bent Over Rows 4x12 @ 52 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 10 lbs - Reverse Fly, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20 lbs)

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay - In My Mind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRcrZ8CC2Vo

Woke up this morning and my shoulders were sore as a mutha!!! Could barely lift my shoulders all day because I didn't expect them to be sore after full contact twists yesterday. Now I know better than to do them the day before arms lol. Live and learn! Sore shoulders continued throughout workout and I really felt them during my superset, sooo DOMS tomorrow is gonna be fun! +
    Squats do a booty good.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%

Icy hot is your friend!
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Icy hot is your friend!
    It's still a bit sore today, but not as bad as yesterday thankfully
    Squats do a booty good.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

Looked at the thread a little. Sounds like you know a bunch about the IF diet. I have a few questions I posted on a thread above yours. Can you help?
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%

Gokix,

have you tried doing power cleans/hang cleans,clean and press, or clean and jerk? It's a great compound movement exercise! Burns a lot of calories! It's used a lot in crossfit as well!
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Gokix,

have you tried doing power cleans/hang cleans,clean and press, or clean and jerk? It's a great compound movement exercise! Burns a lot of calories! It's used a lot in crossfit as well!
    I have not. Are those considered Olympic lifts? Well I've seen them on there anyway
    Squats do a booty good.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Happy B-day!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Happy B-day!
    Thank you sir
    Squats do a booty good.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.56%

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I have not. Are those considered Olympic lifts? Well I've seen them on there anyway
    Yeah, if you watched any of the weightlifting on the Olympics you've seen em! I don't like doing the lift called "the snatch" though! It just makes me feel dirty!
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Yeah, if you watched any of the weightlifting on the Olympics you've seen em! I don't like doing the lift called "the snatch" though! It just makes me feel dirty!
    Oh man, LOL! I'm sure your gf gets a kick out of it though

I wonder how I'd fit some of those into my program without feeling like I am over-training?
    Squats do a booty good.
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Happy b day Kix.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fŁcking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

The clean and press is the best work out you can do besides deads and squats.do them three every week and your all set. Just gets boring with out the other fun workouts. Haha. I feel like everything ells is just for the mind. Lifting is hard. The harder the lift, the better the results. If you don't like the work out because it's hard. That's the work out you want to go to. Just how I fight my mind in the gym. My mind don't want too do it, my soul won't forgive me for not...
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Big boy D View Post
    The clean and press is the best work out you can do besides deads and squats.do them three every week and your all set. Just gets boring with out the other fun workouts. Haha. I feel like everything ells is just for the mind. Lifting is hard. The harder the lift, the better the results. If you don't like the work out because it's hard. That's the work out you want to go to. Just how I fight my mind in the gym. My mind don't want too do it, my soul won't forgive me for not...
    Once a week I like to add in complexes like Cosgrove's evil 8 complex which consists of 8 different exercises (DL, RDL, Bentover Row, Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat, Good Morning). I don't go super heavy on these because there is no rest between exercises.

The clean + press looks taxing on the shoulders and I have a similar lift already in my program - Overhead Press. I don't know what day I would add the clean and press to if I were to do it 3x week. I also don't know if I want to compromise my performance/endurance by adding in more and more workouts. If anything, I guess I could replace OHP with Clean + Press every other week? lol My current schedule is below. Every week the rotation shifts. One week it is A,B,A and the next week it is B,A, B.

Rotation A: Squat, Deads, OverHead Press + Superset 3x10 Reverse Lunges, Romanian DL, Calf Raises
    Rotation B: Squat, Barbell Rows, Bench + Superset 3x10 Reverse Fly, DB Row, Barbell Pullover
    Squats do a booty good.
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

MON LOG
    ---------

Front squats 1x12 @ 50 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @80 lbs
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 75 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 30 lbs
    Superset - 3x10 @ 12lbs Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (30lbs)

Energy: 5/10
    [SOTD]: Avicii- Fade Into Darkness (Afrojack Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWQ_bfWTgd0

Very frustrating workout today! Grrrr... All my lifts felt heavier for some reason, so I ended up lifting lighter than I wanted to. Carb depleted over the weekend, and had a protein/carb snack pre-wo. Left hip was bearable today during squats, still not 100% and feels a bit weird, just going to keep stretching it. Also switched to 2 protein shakes a day on off days and I'm breaking wind left and right!
    Squats do a booty good.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

Sry to hear you didn't have the juice today. I had to work in the direct sun for six hours straight. It was a killer. I needed a cold shower before even working out. But, I hate to say it but I destroyed my chest today. AwsUm! I feel like my tits are sagging right now. Haha. Did some flys with 95's and actually lost my rt arm function completely. That has never happen. Killed them. Go into the gym tomorrow and bring a mouth piece and bite that sucker and lift the sh-t out of them weights! Don't let them get you!
    Be carful with your hip. I need a hip replacement and I am only 36. Of course I look 25 but I owe that to the gym. Haha good luck. Fight another day!
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.14%

whats the timing on your preworkout carbs? what exactly are you eating...
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Sry to hear you didn't have the juice today. I had to work in the direct sun for six hours straight. It was a killer. I needed a cold shower before even working out. But, I hate to say it but I destroyed my chest today. AwsUm! I feel like my tits are sagging right now. Haha. Did some flys with 95's and actually lost my rt arm function completely. That has never happen. Killed them. Go into the gym tomorrow and bring a mouth piece and bite that sucker and lift the sh-t out of them weights! Don't let them get you!
    Be carful with your hip. I need a hip replacement and I am only 36. Of course I look 25 but I owe that to the gym. Haha good luck. Fight another day!
    Yeah, my hip is being weird. It feels like something is rubbing against or protruding out near the ball/socket area during the squat movement. It is a cause for concern because it is affecting my lifts. It's not so much painful as it is uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    whats the timing on your preworkout carbs? what exactly are you eating...
    ~ 1.5-2 hrs pre-wo. I had a low carb/high fiber tortilla with Turkey Lunchmeat, and slice of FF cheese. Would have opted for oatmeal but I was going out later that night for dinner.
    Squats do a booty good.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.3%

Hey hope is nothing serious but you might want to ease up on the squat for a bit till thing feel better. Don't want to make things worst. Hope everything works out well.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811

Yeah, my hip is being weird. It feels like something is rubbing against or protruding out near the ball/socket area during the squat movement. It is a cause for concern because it is affecting my lifts. It's not so much painful as it is uncomfortable.

~ 1.5-2 hrs pre-wo. I had a low carb/high fiber tortilla with Turkey Lunchmeat, and slice of FF cheese. Would have opted for oatmeal but I was going out later that night for dinner.
    I would suggest doing less squats. You probably, or very well could have a small bone spur in there. It will eat your joint up and before you know it will need injections and then possibly a hip. Or, do the squats on the smith machine. As far as stabilizer muscles go you work them all day anyways. More leg press. Leg press combined with over head dumbbell press will hit your core great. It's a great work out, try it. The squat is a great exercise but not a must. Do a extra set of leg curls instead. You need to live to fight another day. A 365 day war is more effective then big attacks that will cause more injures. Ya know what I mean. The smith is a great machine that has been given a bad name by male/female ego. It's a better way to do it really. You can push harder and longer because your spot is right there in your hands. Confidence is a big player in building the muscle I feel. D
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.14%

1.5-2 hrs pre-wo. I had a low carb/high fiber tortilla with Turkey Lunchmeat, and slice of FF cheese. Would have opted for oatmeal but I was going out later that night for dinner.
    not breaking my fast till 4 today, this is making me hungry way to early...

That sounds like a decent pre/wo meal.... Might just have been stress, i would not worry about it... If it keeps happeing you might need to take a weekend off from the gym and just eat at maintenance to refresh...
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

The hip doesn't bother you with the reverse lunges? I would think those would iritate the hip joint.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  22. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

The hip doesn't bother you with the reverse lunges? I would think those would iritate the hip joint.
    The reverse lunges didn't bother me during my superset.

It starts to feel uncomfortable/protrude around this area once I hit parallel on squats:

http://www.rappechiropractic.com/ima...e_front_04.gif
    Squats do a booty good.
  23. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

I would suggest doing less squats. You probably, or very well could have a small bone spur in there. It will eat your joint up and before you know it will need injections and then possibly a hip. Or, do the squats on the smith machine. As far as stabilizer muscles go you work them all day anyways. More leg press. Leg press combined with over head dumbbell press will hit your core great. It's a great work out, try it. The squat is a great exercise but not a must. Do a extra set of leg curls instead. You need to live to fight another day. A 365 day war is more effective then big attacks that will cause more injures. Ya know what I mean. The smith is a great machine that has been given a bad name by male/female ego. It's a better way to do it really. You can push harder and longer because your spot is right there in your hands. Confidence is a big player in building the muscle I feel. D
    I might have to take a break from squats if the discomfort is still there :\ Any workouts that can be done at a home gym (squat rack/bar, bench sans leg curls, DBs, free weights)? Maybe lunges to hit legs?

not breaking my fast till 4 today, this is making me hungry way to early...

That sounds like a decent pre/wo meal.... Might just have been stress, i would not worry about it... If it keeps happeing you might need to take a weekend off from the gym and just eat at maintenance to refresh...
    I didn't lift Saturday or Sunday. Some days are just hit or miss with me!
    Squats do a booty good.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.42%

I might have to take a break from squats if the discomfort is still there :\ Any workouts that can be done at a home gym (squat rack/bar, bench sans leg curls, DBs, free weights)? Maybe lunges to hit legs?

I didn't lift Saturday or Sunday. Some days are just hit or miss with me!
    I would try walking barbell lunges if you have to swap out squats for a bit. They hurt. Bad. you've probably got something like bursitis which is one of those things that pass with time.
  25. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    I would try walking barbell lunges if you have to swap out squats for a bit. They hurt. Bad. you've probably got something like bursitis which is one of those things that pass with time.
    I stretched my hip flexors for 1.5 hrs today and it was definitely more prominent in my left hip. Today I'm resting and taking some anti-inflammatory meds. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Squats do a booty good.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.21%

Try foam rolling your hip flexors, hamstrings, and calves. Do some hip mobility movements before you do legs. The pain is most likely from tight hip flexors, hamstrings, etc... Rest is usually good, but I prefer working around the pain when possible, if you can't do squats pain free, do something different, like step ups, box jumps, or lunges (someone mentioned this).
  27. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Thanks grip From what I've read, I think it's bursitis or something similar. Exactly - I'll substitute squats right now for other exercises until it's properly healed. I've been neglecting to get a foam roller, but now it seems I really do need one! I'll have to pick one up asap. Hopefully this thing goes away soon!

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    Try foam rolling your hip flexors, hamstrings, and calves. Do some hip mobility movements before you do legs. The pain is most likely from tight hip flexors, hamstrings, etc... Rest is usually good, but I prefer working around the pain when possible, if you can't do squats pain free, do something different, like step ups, box jumps, or lunges (someone mentioned this).
    Squats do a booty good.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

I like the leg press because it stabilizes my hips better. If you go nice and slow it will rip you up. Don't need to go heavy. Most of it is keeping the blood in there. The blood will rip the fibbers. You know. Sometimes when I stand up it will feel like my femur bone is going to come out the front of my hips. I feel it's because of the sloppy joints. I would ask your doc about it. I have been getting shots in my hip for two years now and it helps big time. Injury is something you need to work around not work through. If you try to work through it your fight will end quick. If you work around it you will win. I suggest doing the leg movement that works for you. Stick with it for some time and then go back to your squats. Even do sissy squats. Maybe just do body weight high reps but very slow and controlled. Build that tissue back up because what ever the problem is,, it's a problem. Don't over look it. There is nothing wrong with doing maintenance on that area for a while and working other areas of your legs. If anything it will help your progress more then hurt it. Ok!
  29. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

I'll test out some leg workouts and see which ones work for me, thanks! Unfortunately I'm not insured so I don't have a choice, I HAVE to work around it! It's starting to creep up on me when I'm sitting upright or lay down on my side as well. Hip area felt really tender and somewhat sore all of last night, most likely due to the stretching.

I like the leg press because it stabilizes my hips better. If you go nice and slow it will rip you up. Don't need to go heavy. Most of it is keeping the blood in there. The blood will rip the fibbers. You know. Sometimes when I stand up it will feel like my femur bone is going to come out the front of my hips. I feel it's because of the sloppy joints. I would ask your doc about it. I have been getting shots in my hip for two years now and it helps big time. Injury is something you need to work around not work through. If you try to work through it your fight will end quick. If you work around it you will win. I suggest doing the leg movement that works for you. Stick with it for some time and then go back to your squats. Even do sissy squats. Maybe just do body weight high reps but very slow and controlled. Build that tissue back up because what ever the problem is,, it's a problem. Don't over look it. There is nothing wrong with doing maintenance on that area for a while and working other areas of your legs. If anything it will help your progress more then hurt it. Ok!
    Squats do a booty good.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

I don't know about the stretching thing. I think it's way over rated. 1.5 hours of it will do damage I would say. Stick to light/body weight kind of movements for that area. Stable movements like curls and leg press and more seated calf type stuff. Don't let it get to you. Lifting is about finding your angle. Thanks for the kotos!
  31. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Back at ya

I don't know about the stretching thing. I think it's way over rated. 1.5 hours of it will do damage I would say. Stick to light/body weight kind of movements for that area. Stable movements like curls and leg press and more seated calf type stuff. Don't let it get to you. Lifting is about finding your angle. Thanks for the kotos!
    Squats do a booty good.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.14%

on a side note, i highly recommend the jack3d micro... I tried some yesterday and it is amazing.... I was taking c4 for a preworkout, but this stuff is lilke night and day...
  33. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

I've read that Jack3d is very potent and I have a friend that swears by it. I'm not very tolerant of stims, but for those that are, I'm sure it gives great pumps!

on a side note, i highly recommend the jack3d micro... I tried some yesterday and it is amazing.... I was taking c4 for a preworkout, but this stuff is lilke night and day...
    Squats do a booty good.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.14%

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I've read that Jack3d is very potent and I have a friend that swears by it. I'm not very tolerant of stims, but for those that are, I'm sure it gives great pumps!
    The micro is a bit different... Was not speedy at all, it was kind of like being on adderal... Very focused, solid energy levels...
  35. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

I'm glad you found something better that is working for you

The micro is a bit different... Was not speedy at all, it was kind of like being on adderal... Very focused, solid energy levels...
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

WED LOG
    ---------

Barbell Lunges 5x5 each leg @ 70lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 10lbs Reverse Flys, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20lbs)
    Farmers Walk 3 sets @ 15 lbs each

Energy: 7.5/10
    [SOTD]: Avicii - Silouettes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESiTs4PbFNQ

Had petty good energy today - I think it's because I knew I didn't have to do squats, those usually takes a lot out of me! Hip still feeling tender/sore to the touch and when sitting; my foam roller should be arriving tomorrow or Friday at the latest. It's the J-Fit version, whatever that means. Today I substituted squats for Barbell Lunges - thanks Luke! For some reason this doesn't bother my hip as much. I'm saying that now, but we'll see if that's the case tomorrow morning, lol. Also added in farmer's walk, could have upped the weight but for my first time I kept it lighter and just walked for a longer distance. Felt the burn all up and down my arm!
    Squats do a booty good.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.54%

Good to hear your spirits are up. It plays a big part.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

I would just do leg extensions until the hip starts feeling healed. Some drop sets with that machine will tear up the quads.
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.42%

WED LOG
    ---------

Barbell Lunges 5x5 each leg @ 70lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 10lbs Reverse Flys, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20lbs)
    Farmers Walk 3 sets @ 15 lbs each

Energy: 7.5/10
    [SOTD]: Avicii - Silouettes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESiTs4PbFNQ

Had petty good energy today - I think it's because I knew I didn't have to do squats, those usually takes a lot out of me! Hip still feeling tender/sore to the touch and when sitting; my foam roller should be arriving tomorrow or Friday at the latest. It's the J-Fit version, whatever that means. Today I substituted squats for Barbell Lunges - thanks Luke! For some reason this doesn't bother my hip as much. I'm saying that now, but we'll see if that's the case tomorrow morning, lol. Also added in farmer's walk, could have upped the weight but for my first time I kept it lighter and just walked for a longer distance. Felt the burn all up and down my arm!
    No worries glad I could help how's your new kcal's/macros plan working out for you?
  40. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%

Good to hear your spirits are up. It plays a big part.
    Thanks! Everyone has been giving me great suggestions, and that helps too

I would just do leg extensions until the hip starts feeling healed. Some drop sets with that machine will tear up the quads.
    I think I might have to switch out Deadlifts too. I was going to try for a lighter weight tomorrow, but I don't know if that would be a smart thing to do since my hip flexibility/mobility isn't the greatest right now. Do you think my other muscles would end up compensating? The popular opinion seems to be to switch out to leg extensions, I should get on that! What about hitting hammies and glutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    No worries glad I could help how's your new kcal's/macros plan working out for you?
    About that, I dropped 2lbs (prob mostly water weight) within the first 3 days or so. I was like !! but I was HUNGRY the morning after, still am! Maintained at 161 lbs last week, but this week I am back up ~2lbs. My hip has been an issue so I haven't been getting in much cardio either.

Carb intake for off days is ~30-40g or lower. Intake for on days ~100g. Been adding in more fats (coconut oil, fattier cuts of meat like 93/7 ground beef or ground chicken, PB) ~60g/on, ~80g/off. I'm trying to get more protein in too, like yesterday, my total intake was 190g!
    Squats do a booty good.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM