gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 6 of 32 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    pls be careful. You will do great w/out the stims if you keep up with the exercise and IF implementation.
    Thanks for your concern, huggy.

The reason I started the fat burner stack was because prior to this I was making good progress. For the past 2 months I've stalled, and no matter what I did the fat would not budge. I'm starting to realize there is no 'one fits all' protocol when it comes to these things (including leangains), and I should listen to my body when it's telling me to take it down a notch. I'm not going to take EC just for the sake of doing it. I can feel the EC working, and I'd like to see how the rest of the week unfolds. Like I said, I will taper down on the dosages and maybe substitute coffee for caffeine, because coffee hasn't given me any type of negative side effects. I will find a way around.
    Squats do a booty good.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post

The reason I started the fat burner stack was because prior to this I was making good progress. For the past 2 months I've stalled, and no matter what I did the fat would not budge. I'm starting to realize there is no 'one fits all' protocol when it comes to these things (including leangains), and I should listen to my body when it's telling me to take it down a notch. I'm not going to take EC just for the sake of doing it. I can feel the EC working, and I'd like to see how the rest of the week unfolds. Like I said, I will taper down on the dosages and maybe substitute coffee for caffeine, because coffee hasn't given me any type of negative side effects. I will find a way around.
    i dont train fasted myself... I will do light cardio to deplete in the am (empty stomach)...

Perhaps spend the next couple of days tweaking things so you can enjoy your training... For me, ideally i get a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake about 2 hours before i touch the weights. So that means i wait till 4 pm to open my fast and then continue to eat for the next 6 hours. when i get the oatmeal 2 hours before weights i feel amazing.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

i dont train fasted myself... I will do light cardio to deplete in the am (empty stomach)...

Perhaps spend the next couple of days tweaking things so you can enjoy your training... For me, ideally i get a bowl of oatmeal and a protein shake about 2 hours before i touch the weights. So that means i wait till 4 pm to open my fast and then continue to eat for the next 6 hours. when i get the oatmeal 2 hours before weights i feel amazing.
    I used to eat a pre-wo snack too, around noon-ish. Something like a banana on whole wheat toast or greek yogurt with granola. But I read how advantageous working out fasted was so I've subscribed to that theory. You're right - a pre-wo snack does give a nice boost to workouts. I may go back to that.
    Squats do a booty good.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

I used to eat a pre-wo snack too, around noon-ish. Something like a banana on whole wheat toast or greek yogurt with granola. But I read how advantageous working out fasted was so I've subscribed to that theory. You're right - a pre-wo snack does give a nice boost to workouts. I may go back to that.
    Its important to enjoy your workout. That is time you spend on yourself.

I need the pump... I blow up like a tick during training and i love it....

I do oatmeal 2 hours pre, pre workout stim on the ride in (C4 atm). Once the workout starts i am sipping on gatorade and aminos. Grab a whey/carb drink post workout.

non training days are grilled chicken ceasars, veggie chicken stir fry (no rice), natty peanut butter and casein powder..

Weekends are when i train heavy, and i just eat free during my windows (i avoid junkfood).

i have been dumping at least a pound a week doing that for the past 2 months...
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%

Maybe stims are not for you. You should probably stop them all together and see if you feel any better.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Its important to enjoy your workout. That is time you spend on yourself.

I need the pump... I blow up like a tick during training and i love it....

I do oatmeal 2 hours pre, pre workout stim on the ride in (C4 atm). Once the workout starts i am sipping on gatorade and aminos. Grab a whey/carb drink post workout.

non training days are grilled chicken ceasars, veggie chicken stir fry (no rice), natty peanut butter and casein powder..

Weekends are when i train heavy, and i just eat free during my windows (i avoid junkfood).

i have been dumping at least a pound a week doing that for the past 2 months...
    You make a solid point there. I hate missing a workout too - I feel like I've given up on myself when I do. To fall off the rocker is one thing, to get back on is what matters. And seeing #'s go down is definitely great motivation - great job!

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    Maybe stims are not for you. You should probably stop them all together and see if you feel any better.
    I skipped my a.m. dosage today and I thought I was going to crash, but actually the opposite happened; I felt fine - mentally and physically. If it does get to the point where it's continually making me feel like a panting dog, even on low dosage, then I will omit it from my regime.
    Squats do a booty good.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  166 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    Just an update:

Felt very short of breath all last night and into this morning. Skipping my a.m. dosage. and possibly the rest of the day. I followed the dosage chart, but since I'm unaccustomed to stims, perhaps I tried to build the tolerance too quickly. I will start lowering my dosages again tomorrow. Or maybe replace a caffeine pill with coffee instead.

Goki,

I think you're trying to go too hard to fast. You went from traditional workouts to IF, and then you became a bit impatient. Now you're using stims and they seem to be having adverse effects. You gotta ease into things more slowly. You should drop your doses and start with the bare minimum if you feel like you HAVE to use stims. Just remember a bulk of your results are made in the kitchen. No amount of stims or stacks are going to get you there. So please don't push yourself too hard or else you might end up doing more harm than good.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  166 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.6%

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811

In response to this...don't be impatient. if you're doing things right results will follow. You're body hates change and will fight hard for stability. During cuts we all have a moment were results stall for a bit. Eventually it picks right back up. When I dropped from 15%bf to 10% it stalled like that for a while. Then it picked up and dropped to 7%.

Are you sure you're results are stalled? Do you know how to test for body fat? Body weight on a scale isn't very reliable. Just be patient fat is stubborn and likes to take it's sweet time melt.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19%

Hey girl, hope all is going well. Sounds like you have things under control. Keep up the great work!

I started working out fasted about a month ago. I'm actually enjoying it a lot!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Hajiroku View Post
    Goki,

I think you're trying to go too hard to fast. You went from traditional workouts to IF, and then you became a bit impatient. Now you're using stims and they seem to be having adverse effects. You gotta ease into things more slowly. You should drop your doses and start with the bare minimum if you feel like you HAVE to use stims. Just remember a bulk of your results are made in the kitchen. No amount of stims or stacks are going to get you there. So please don't push yourself too hard or else you might end up doing more harm than good.
    I plan to drop the dosage to a minimum, like I was dosing last week. I count my kcals daily, almost obsessively, and make sure I meet my macros for protein. Carbs are kept low on non-workout days and higher on workout days. Fats could be higher - I'm working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajiroku View Post
    In response to this...don't be impatient. if you're doing things right results will follow. You're body hates change and will fight hard for stability. During cuts we all have a moment were results stall for a bit. Eventually it picks right back up. When I dropped from 15%bf to 10% it stalled like that for a while. Then it picked up and dropped to 7%.

Are you sure you're results are stalled? Do you know how to test for body fat? Body weight on a scale isn't very reliable. Just be patient fat is stubborn and likes to take it's sweet time melt.
    Haha I admit I can be impatient at times! Especially when others are seeing faster results in the same amount of time. I realize it took years to put on, and it's going to take time to lose it. re: body fighting change; acording to the scale, I've dropped ~16 lbs in 6 months, so it's a slow, steady weight loss. That's ~2.6 lbs a month! I've been using my clothes and mirror to gauge my results. I don't know how to test bf% accurately.
    Squats do a booty good.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If you feel dosage is too much it's ok, just drop the caffeine to half and the yohimbe stick it to just 1 dose a day Pre Workout of around 5mg to get its benefits, if it's still too much drop Y altogether. Just try first to keep full E doses with half caffeine only. Just some suggestions though, what matters more is your health and well being, when I suggested this stack to you I didn't mean for you to go all out or hurt yourself slow progress is best!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    Hey girl, hope all is going well. Sounds like you have things under control. Keep up the great work!

I started working out fasted about a month ago. I'm actually enjoying it a lot!
    Thanks Lexy, and yep! Slowly figuring out what works/what doesn't! I've received a lot of good advice thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    If you feel dosage is too much it's ok, just drop the caffeine to half and the yohimbe stick it to just 1 dose a day Pre Workout of around 5mg to get its benefits, if it's still too much drop Y altogether. Just try first to keep full E doses with half caffeine only. Just some suggestions though, what matters more is your health and well being, when I suggested this stack to you I didn't mean for you to go all out or hurt yourself slow progress is best!
    Thanks Cel! It's okay, I'm okay!

For now I'm keeping it at 1/2E, 1/2C doses. Shortness of breath and respiratory problems occurred around the time I added Y, so I will be dropping that for the time being. I'm still dosing Reduce XT, but also dropping that to 1-2x daily. As mk said, they weren't playing nice with each other. lol
    Squats do a booty good.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%

Glad you sorted things out. And hope you feeling much better
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    Glad you sorted things out. And hope you feeling much better
    Thanks mk! I am feeling a bit better today - might also be because it's Friday lol
    Squats do a booty good.
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

FRI LOG
    -------

Front squats 1x12 @ 60 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @90 lbs
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 85 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 33 lbs
    Superset - 3x10 @ 10lbs Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (36lbs)

Energy 6/10
    [SOTD]: John Mayer - Gravity
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ze7Dq2biv0 (One of his songs that I actually like )

Had a very focused workout. Finished in ~1hr 15 minutes. I was determined to get in and out so I kept my rest periods shorter than usual and omitted a set of box squats. My knees felt wobbly during squats. Now I just need a massage!

DAY 11 OF EC: Dosed 2x today at 1/2E, 1/2C. Overall I feel the kick of the caffeine but not so much where it feels like it's doing more harm than good. Sticking to this dosage for now. I'm also taking Reduce XT in the morning and ~1 hr before my workout; no longer before bed because it gives me a slight headache which keeps me up at night.

DAY 32 OF IF:
    Shooting for 2500 calories
    Squats do a booty good.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.88%

When I started Yohimbine, I had a hard time with it. I took it for a day or two after eating.. not super close to working out, and then changed it to the way it was supposed to be dosed. It worked well for me over all.

Thanks Lexy, and yep! Slowly figuring out what works/what doesn't! I've received a lot of good advice thus far.

Thanks Cel! It's okay, I'm okay!

For now I'm keeping it at 1/2E, 1/2C doses. Shortness of breath and respiratory problems occurred around the time I added Y, so I will be dropping that for the time being. I'm still dosing Reduce XT, but also dropping that to 1-2x daily. As mk said, they weren't playing nice with each other. lol
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    When I started Yohimbine, I had a hard time with it. I took it for a day or two after eating.. not super close to working out, and then changed it to the way it was supposed to be dosed. It worked well for me over all.
    Interesting. Thanks, I might give that a try!
    Squats do a booty good.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.88%

Can't wait to hear how it goes then!
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.39%

Im anxious to see how the yohimbine treats you overall!
  20. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

SAT LOG
    --------

Cosgrove's Evil 8 (35lbs) 6,5,4,3,2,1 rep scheme

Deadlift
    Romanian Deadlift
    Bentover Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

Total time: 20 minutes

Giving my body a break from supps today, and I'll get back on schedule tomorrow.
    Squats do a booty good.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

SAT LOG
    --------

Cosgrove's Evil 8 (35lbs) 6,5,4,3,2,1 rep scheme

Deadlift
    Romanian Deadlift
    Bentover Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

Total time: 20 minutes

Giving my body a break from supps today, and I'll get back on schedule tomorrow.
    Nothing wrong with that... Its really the food that makes the difference... I hit all my macros all week long (to the T) and i was a demon in the gym today. All PR's. Felt amazing...
  22. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

SUN LOG
    --------

45 min walk - Got rained on, but it was so hot that it was kind of a relief!

Nothing wrong with that... Its really the food that makes the difference... I hit all my macros all week long (to the T) and i was a demon in the gym today. All PR's. Felt amazing...
    Grats on the PRs!!!
    Squats do a booty good.
  23. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

MON LOG
    ---------
    Front Squat 1x12 @ 60lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @50lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 10 lbs - Reverse Fly, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20 lbs)

Energy: 5.5/10
    [SOTD]: Wiz Khalifa - Work Hard, Play Hard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvsbadzrmN0

OK workout. Up to 50lb bench, finally. Didn't feel too strong on squats. 3rd set in I felt a pain shoot from the side of my right hip down to the outside of my calves as I dropped into the hole. However, it didn't stop me from finishing the set. Probably need to stretch my hip flexors more.

Dosed 1/2 E, 1/2 C this morning. Took Reduce XT ~1 prior to workout. Feeling okay. Going to take another 1/2 dose of EC along with Yohimbine when I eat. I did this yesterday and overall I didn't feel as woozy. So I decided to take a second dose of Reduce XT and Yohimbine again a few hours before bed and that's when the side effects kicked in: nausea, minor headache, shortness of breath. Therefore I'll be sticking to 1 Yohimbine, 1 Reduce XT a day.

Cal Intake: 2100 kcals
    Squats do a booty good.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

have you been eating a few carbs b4 your workouts? overall how are you feeling with the tweaks...
  25. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

have you been eating a few carbs b4 your workouts? overall how are you feeling with the tweaks...
    I had a banana and greek yogurt pre-wo today. Intensity of workout was pretty much the same, although my right hip and knees were bothering me a bit. I was a little less tired because I had some food in me. I'm not waiting until 5p.m. to eat!

Dosed Yohimbine with my meal and can feel the effects already. Almost positive it's the Yohimbine that's been giving me issues.
    Squats do a booty good.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

I had a banana and greek yogurt pre-wo today. Intensity of workout was pretty much the same, although my right hip and knees were bothering me a bit. I was a little less tired because I had some food in me. I'm not waiting until 5p.m. to eat!

Dosed Yohimbine with my meal and can feel the effects already. Almost positive it's the Yohimbine that's been giving me issues.
    My perfect pre workout meal is oatmeal and some casein powder about 2 hours before a workout... When i get that down i usually have an excellent gym session.
  27. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

My perfect pre workout meal is oatmeal and some casein powder about 2 hours before a workout... When i get that down i usually have an excellent gym session.
    I forgot I had oatmeal. I might try that for Wednesday's workout.
    Squats do a booty good.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

I forgot I had oatmeal. I might try that for Wednesday's workout.
    Soo good... people are going to look at you like you have 3 heads for eating in late in the day...

I have pomegranate infused craisins with mine....
  29. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Soo good... people are going to look at you like you have 3 heads for eating in late in the day...

I have pomegranate infused craisins with mine....
    Yummy! I mix in some natty PB and some Walden's Choc. Syrup - it's delish
    Squats do a booty good.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

making me hungry now, lol...
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

going to have to try some of this walden chocolate syrup you speak of...
  32. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

going to have to try some of this walden chocolate syrup you speak of...
    Personally, I think it tastes better than Sugar Free Choc. Syrup (which has 15cals and 4g carb per serving ) I add it to my oatmeal and plain GY Walden's also makes a strawberry syrup which is delicious! These are usually found in the organic aisle. Price is around $3.99 a bottle; sometimes it will be on sale for $3.29. I've tried some of the salad dressings as well but those can be hit or miss.
    Squats do a booty good.
  33. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

WED LOG
    ---------

Squats 3x12 @90 lbs
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 85 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 33 lbs
    Superset - 3x10 @ 12lbs Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (37lbs)

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Kevin Rudolf - I Made It (Mother Superior Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99nOAoz_3Jk

Beat up my quads today, man! After supersets they were on fiyahhhhhhH! Didn't feel very motivated at the beginning of my workout - just one of those days where my mind wasn't in it. But after a good set of deads the rest of the workout went well. Left hip still bothering me a little bit, so I'll have to keep an eye out on that and make sure to rest! Also taking a break from E/C because I'm beginning to feel asthmatic. Experiencing shortness of breath for like 2 days now. Lowering my cals on workout days to ~2100, and it seems to be working, but it's only been 3 days so we'll see!
    Squats do a booty good.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

WED LOG
    ---------

Squats 3x12 @90 lbs
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 85 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 33 lbs
    Superset - 3x10 @ 12lbs Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (37lbs)

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Kevin Rudolf - I Made It (Mother Superior Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99nOAoz_3Jk

Beat up my quads today, man! After supersets they were on fiyahhhhhhH! Didn't feel very motivated at the beginning of my workout - just one of those days where my mind wasn't in it. But after a good set of deads the rest of the workout went well. Left hip still bothering me a little bit, so I'll have to keep an eye out on that and make sure to rest! Also taking a break from E/C because I'm beginning to feel asthmatic. Experiencing shortness of breath for like 2 days now. Lowering my cals on workout days to ~2100, and it seems to be working, but it's only been 3 days so we'll see!
    I would back off the supps that are bothering you for a bit and just enjoy training... Get some new music on the ipod, switch up the routine...
  35. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

I would back off the supps that are bothering you for a bit and just enjoy training... Get some new music on the ipod, switch up the routine...
    I've been on a trance kick lately! And yeah, added in supersets like 2 weeks ago
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

THUR LOG
    ---------

30 min walk, 10% incline @ 2mph
    Full Contact Twist 3x10
    Grinding Full Contact Twist 3x10
    DB Hip Thrust 3x10 @ 10 lbs

Phewww. Getting winded more easily doing LISS; it's hard to get full breathes in, most likely due to the supps I was taking. I'm liking the contact twists, and can really feel it working my core! Added in DB Hip Thrusts as well to work on my glute activation!
    Squats do a booty good.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

THUR LOG
    ---------

30 min walk, 10% incline @ 2mph
    Full Contact Twist 3x10
    Grinding Full Contact Twist 3x10
    DB Hip Thrust 3x10 @ 10 lbs

Phewww. Getting winded more easily doing LISS; it's hard to get full breathes in, most likely due to the supps I was taking. I'm liking the contact twists, and can really feel it working my core! Added in DB Hip Thrusts as well to work on my glute activation!
    try some renegade rows on your core day... they are pretty bad ass...
  38. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

try some renegade rows on your core day... they are pretty bad ass...

Okay I had to youtube that, haha! Yes, I've seen those before - like a plank and row rolled into one. Thanks for the suggestion
    Squats do a booty good.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%

Okay I had to youtube that, haha! Yes, I've seen those before - like a plank and row rolled into one. Thanks for the suggestion
    they hurt, but in a good way....
  40. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

they hurt, but in a good way....
    Nothing worth having comes easy
    Squats do a booty good.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:35 AM