gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 6 of 42 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    I used to go regularly when I was in the Military! All joking aside when I was in the service I was actually a Physical Training leader and I used to teach classes like that. Honestly, I love it. I can't stand running for 30-45 minutes, it's boring!

    You could get a "Boot Camp" dvd and do it from home. You really don't need any equipment.
    I'll look into the videos. I've done p90 (beginner) and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred before. Those were okay, but they tend to get repetitive. Thanks!


  2. Alot of times with IF you will see mirror changes first... Interesting to see how IF is working for a woman... Just keep chugging along and you will be pleased with the results...

    what are your macros looking like?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Alot of times with IF you will see mirror changes first... Interesting to see how IF is working for a woman... Just keep chugging along and you will be pleased with the results...

    what are your macros looking like?
    Good point, huggy. Sometimes I'm too focused on the numbers on the scale, and need to remind myself that numbers don't always reflect the work I've put in. Will continue to chug on - I've fallen off the train many times, but the important thing is to get always back on.

    Macros:

    ~2400 cals ON days
    ~1500 cals OFF days

    Protein: At least 1xBW so ~166 g
    Fats: ~50g ON days/~80g OFF days (fats are supposed to be kept at .5xBW daily but I can never hit it without going over my kcals) :\
    Carbs: rest of kcals for the day

  4. are you cycling your carbs down on your non weight training days? I have been trying to go zero carbs on my non weight training days and i think it makes a difference. I consider myself very carb sensitive

  5. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    are you cycling your carbs down on your non weight training days? I have been trying to go zero carbs on my non weight training days and i think it makes a difference. I consider myself very carb sensitive
    Yes I am, forgot to mention that. I try to keep carbs ~30-40g on OFF days.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Yes I am, forgot to mention that. I try to keep carbs ~30-40g on OFF days.
    Your probably recomping then...

    I don't know anyone who has tried lean gains or IF (correctly) and not gotten results.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Your probably recomping then...
    I think so too. There isn't much variation in my weight week to week, even though I feel much stronger. Just seems like it's been a very slow process, which I think is common for a recomp.

  8. Weight is easy to lose if it's muscle. Fat is stubborn and likes to hang on!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Weight is easy to lose if it's muscle. Fat is stubborn and likes to hang on!
    Yes. My love handles really LOVE me. lol

  10. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I think so too. There isn't much variation in my weight week to week, even though I feel much stronger. Just seems like it's been a very slow process, which I think is common for a recomp.
    Keep working! You are doing great
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

  11. Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    Keep working! You are doing great
    Yesterday was meant to be a cardio day, but I did not get any cardio in. Could barely keep my eyes open all day even after my taking EC doses. My body doesn't want me to sleep! I get a good night's rest maybe once a week.

    Thanks sawa! I hit a wall/block and I know I just gotta keep on keepin' on and find another way around it.

    In other news, I picked up Yohimbine-HCL and Reduce XT. Should receive it early next week so I can begin stacking it with my EC!

  12. FRI LOG
    -------

    Front Squat 1x12 @ 50lbs
    Box Squat 1x12 @ 100 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 13 lbs - Incline DB Bench, DB Rows, DB Flat Bench, Barbell Pullovers (20 lbs)
    15 min walk @10%, 2mph

    Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: B.o.B - Strange Clouds (Remix) ft. T.I. & Young Jeezy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0m3MKsyeEc

    Was tired prior to workout, still not sleeping, but once I started stretching/doing warm up sets I found a nice groove and felt like I coasted through today's workout. Replaced dips with supersets today. 60 second rest between sets. I wasn't sure how many sets to do, so hopefully that looks right! Felt the burn and was sweating like mad! Don't know why I haven't been doing supersets this whole time!

    DAY 4 OF EC:


    EC doesn't seem to be as potent as it was in the beginning of the week, but that's okay because the dosage will be increasing next week!

    DAY 25 OF IF:


    Shooting for 2400 cals

  13. Keep kicking butt!

  14. Thanks ax! What do you think of the superset addition at the end of a workout? Thumbs up or down?

  15. Your superset is 4 exercises without a break in between? Or am I reading your log wrong? If that's the case then you are using it as a type of aerobic training which in itself is a wonderful idea if you are hoping to lose fat and hang onto muscle.

    When I do a superset I simply do 2 exercises back to back without a break. Overall, I'm a huge fan of supersets. I think it really shocks the muscle and that's the point of hypertrophy training!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Your superset is 4 exercises without a break in between? Or am I reading your log wrong? If that's the case then you are using it as a type of aerobic training which in itself is a wonderful idea if you are hoping to lose fat and hang onto muscle.

    When I do a superset I simply do 2 exercises back to back without a break. Overall, I'm a huge fan of supersets. I think it really shocks the muscle and that's the point of hypertrophy training!
    4 exercises back to back for 3 sets. Then 60 seconds rest before I start the next set of 4. How many sets/exercises should I do if I want it to use it as aerobic training?

  17. SAT LOG
    --------

    Cosgrove's Evil 8 (30lbs) 6,5,4,3,2,1 rep scheme

    Deadlift
    Romanian Deadlift
    Bentover Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

    Abs @ 3 sets
    BB crunch - 15,11,10
    Reverse crunch - 10,10,10
    Twist crunch w/10lb plate - 10,10,10

    Energy Level: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Afrojack & Shermanology - Can't Stop Me (Club Mix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Udoo0h1LI

    Been looking into complex exercises and landed on Cosgrove's Evil 8, which I really like because I'm already familiar with most of the exercises laid out in the program. I used this for my cardio today since it was raining and depressing looking outside. It took me about 12 minutes total with 60 sec rests in between sets. Next time I will add a bit more weight, but overall I really enjoyed it!

    DAY 5 OF EC:

    Woke up late (Hey it's Saturday!) and took my 1st dose at around noon. Gonna take my 2nd dose right after I finish posting.

    DAY 26 OF IF:

    Shooting for 1600 calories

  18. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    SAT LOG
    --------

    Cosgrove's Evil 8 (30lbs) 6,5,4,3,2,1 rep scheme

    Deadlift
    Romanian Deadlift
    Bentover Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

    Abs @ 3 sets
    BB crunch - 15,11,10
    Reverse crunch - 10,10,10
    Twist crunch w/10lb plate - 10,10,10

    Energy Level: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Afrojack & Shermanology - Can't Stop Me (Club Mix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Udoo0h1LI

    Been looking into complex exercises and landed on Cosgrove's Evil 8, which I really like because I'm already familiar with most of the exercises laid out in the program. I used this for my cardio today since it was raining and depressing looking outside. It took me about 12 minutes total with 60 sec rests in between sets. Next time I will add a bit more weight, but overall I really enjoyed it!

    DAY 5 OF EC:

    Woke up late (Hey it's Saturday!) and took my 1st dose at around noon. Gonna take my 2nd dose right after I finish posting.

    DAY 26 OF IF:

    Shooting for 1600 calories
    How has the EC been treating you? also, why so few kCals on a workout day ??
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    How has the EC been treating you? also, why so few kCals on a workout day ??
    Hey Cel

    Well, I figured I wasn't pushing 'heavy' weight so it's more of an aerobic workout. It was a replacement for cardio day and I think 2400 calories would be a bit much for today, which is what I consumed yesterday. What do you suggest for kcals?

    I think my body is adjusting to the dosages because I don't really feel the effects of the caffeine as much I did on day 1 and 2. I'm following the dosage chart you sent me and should be increasing dosages early next week.

  20. Hey Kixxy, I replied to your PM IIRC.
    Down any weight thus far?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Hey Cel

    Well, I figured I wasn't pushing 'heavy' weight so it's more of an aerobic workout. It was a replacement for cardio day and I think 2400 calories would be a bit much for today, which is what I consumed yesterday. What do you suggest for kcals?

    I think my body is adjusting to the dosages because I don't really feel the effects of the caffeine as much I did on day 1 and 2. I'm following the dosage chart you sent me and should be increasing dosages early next week.
    If you are doing it for a circuit burnout, you are still depleting some glycogen...so yeah , not as low as cardio , and not as high as build...I would say 2000 kCals , it will still be on deficit, but you get to replenish Glycogen stores for your next lifting day so you don't feel weak when going heavy .

    Also you need 191 pills do run it for 10 weeks , so if you need more bronkaid get someone to buy it for yah haha (At least here in Texas you can only buy a Box per Month haha) someone can buy you the box and then you just buy the other one as the month passes and so on and so forth !

    Add the Baby Aspirin (81mg aspirin) dose to each of them if you ever feel short winded or heavy on the chest, a baby aspirin is always good for the heart anyway.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    If you are doing it for a circuit burnout, you are still depleting some glycogen...so yeah , not as low as cardio , and not as high as build...I would say 2000 kCals , it will still be on deficit, but you get to replenish Glycogen stores for your next lifting day so you don't feel weak when going heavy .

    Also you need 191 pills do run it for 10 weeks , so if you need more bronkaid get someone to buy it for yah haha (At least here in Texas you can only buy a Box per Month haha) someone can buy you the box and then you just buy the other one as the month passes and so on and so forth !

    Add the Baby Aspirin (81mg aspirin) dose to each of them if you ever feel short winded or heavy on the chest, a baby aspirin is always good for the heart anyway.
    Thanks! I'll eat more today since tomorrow is an 'off' day so I'll save the low cals for tomorrow. I don't know what the legal limit is in my state, but I'm close enough to the border that I can make a drive over there if that were the case. Haha I just realized how fishy that sounded!

    I did feel short winded/heavy chest a few days ago after a dosage, but neglected it and eventually it went away. I'll make sure to pick up some baby Aspirin 'just in case'. It was not a good feeling.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Hey Kixxy, I replied to your PM IIRC.
    Down any weight thus far?
    Hey aaron! Nope, not down any weight unfortunately. I get the sense that my body is in recomp mode which is why I picked up EC. My order of Reduce XT and Yohimbine should be here early next week also.

  24. Hey kix just read through your whole log. Sounds like your recomping quite nicely what's your Maintenance Calories?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Hey kix just read through your whole log. Sounds like your recomping quite nicely what's your Maintenance Calories?
    Hi Luke and welcome to my log. Do you have a log here?

    My maintenance calories is ~2300 calories while I am on IF.

  26. Wow so didn't know this was a log lol well guess I got some catching up to do
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

  27. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Wow so didn't know this was a log lol well guess I got some catching up to do
    Welcome!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811

    Hi Luke and welcome to my log. Do you have a log here?

    My maintenance calories is ~2300 calories while I am on IF.
    Yeah I'm running a log in the anabolics section I would post a link but I'm on my phone.
    I followed IF on my last cut and lost 12kg (26lb) in around 12 weeks and I'm positive it will get you to where you want to be. Good luck

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Yeah I'm running a log in the anabolics section I would post a link but I'm on my phone.
    I followed IF on my last cut and lost 12kg (26lb) in around 12 weeks and I'm positive it will get you to where you want to be. Good luck
    I would be ecstatic if I got similar results. I'm on my 1st month of IF, and it's taking some time to adjust to. It was only after about the 3rd week that it became somewhat of a normal routine for me. Now I'm eating ~2300 kcals on lifting days and ~1500 on off days. I know results like that take time, so I do plan on sticking with it and updating my log. I'm glad it worked out so well for you and thanks for the well wishes!

  30. SUN LOG
    --------

    40 min walk

    Good morning A.M.

    So tired today. <-- that's me during my walk this morning
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Log in
Log in