gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 5 of 50 First ... 34567 ... Last

1. Bit of a different lifting mechanic for both exercises, so if you tend to be tripped up a bit by muscle memory, split them up on different days.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    You could use RDLs as a warmup to the heavier DLs or do the opposite; blast your hammies w DLs and follow them up w the lighter-weight RDLs.

I once again refuse to give Romanians credit for that lift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Hahaha excellent prescription right here. Its a matter of taste they can be an exercise of their own or good stretch+warm up for DLs !
    Great! I never thought of it that way. There is still so much to learn. Thanks guys!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Great! I never thought of it that way. There is still so much to learn. Thanks guys!
    That's what we are here for
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

4. Hey Kix, let me know what burner you chose to go with, I'm always here to help if you need me.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

5. FRI LOG
    --------

DAY 4 OF IF
    Energy level: 6/10
    Total Cals: 1470

Feeling lethargic prior to my workouts. Nothing new though as I usually feel that way. Just have to pump myself up beforehand with some music.

5 min warm up
    1x10 HIIT Hill Sprints
    5 min cool down
    3x30sec RKC planks
    •   

6. In for win (sorry I'm late)
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

7. Welcome runner/vision. Thanks for joining.

8. No prob.
    Follow my avengers!!!

-Chris
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

9. What's your diet like?

10. Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    What's your diet like?
    My feeding window is from 1:30-9:30 pm:

~20% first meal: prots + fats (e.g. cold cuts + skim milk string cheese)
    ~20% second meal: prots + carb source (e.g. plain greek yogurt + banana)
    ~60% post-wo meal: prots, fats, carbs (e.g. protein shake w/water + additional protein source like chicken, turkey, lean ground beef + side of veggies + can of tuna, no calorie dressing, romaine salad ... as long as I get my protein in I usually finish off the remaining macros with a slice or two of low carb bread w/pb for example*)

*increase my carb intake on lifting days

11. SAT LOG
    --------

Front squats 3x12 w/barbell
    Box squats 4x10 @ 60 lbs
    Squats 4x10 @ 50 lbs
    RDL 4X10 @ 50 lbs
    DL 4x10 @ 70 lbs
    OP 4x10 @ 30 lbs

I was going to do cardio, but opted for a light lifting session since it started to rain. Slept very little + training fasted = no energy. Deloaded the weights a bit and added an extra set. Also added in RDLs as advised by Caesar and sidious! My first time with RDLs so I'm starting off light. I could have added more weight to be honest, but either way I felt a nice stretch in the hammies.

DAY 5 OF IF
    Been losing weight steadily since Tuesday, 4 days in. Yesterday was my HIIT day and I had ~40g of carbs in my last meal, making the day's total carb intake ~50g of carbs. Woke up today weighing the same as yesterday, so I guess I'll save the majority of carbs for lifting days since it seems I am carb sensitive.

Gonna shoot for ~1500 cals today. If I can get a jog in, then maybe up the cals ~100.

12. Lovin' the workouts ... keep it up girl!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

13. Woot! Thanks Lexy! Hope you're having a good weekend.

My RecoverPro finally came in! Yay!

14. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    Woot! Thanks Lexy! Hope you're having a good weekend.

I haven't tried recover pro. Always wanted to. Using up my 1kg tub grapple MBCAA.
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

15. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I haven't tried recover pro. Always wanted to.
    That makes two of us.

16. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Woot! Thanks Lexy! Hope you're having a good weekend.

If you don't love it I will be surprised ... RecoverPro is my absolute favorite. Which flavor did you go for?
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

17. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    If you don't love it I will be surprised ... RecoverPro is my absolute favorite. Which flavor did you go for?
    I went with Red Raspberry

So today will be my 6th day on the IF diet. The first three days (T,W,Th) I was dropping weight steadily ~2 lbs overall. No weight loss on Fri or Sat, just maintained it. Wake up today (Sunday) and I'm up +2 lbs. Let's see, last week my schedule went like this:

Sun - Lift
    Mon - HIIT
    Tues - Lift
    Wed - Off
    Th - Lift + Cardio
    F - HIIT
    Sat - Lift

I've been logging in my cals daily and eating within my time frame so... What the fudge? Not sure what I am doing wrong?

18. Maybe do a kcal spike mid week. Trick the body.
    Carb cycling. AK gave me good ideas by eating low carb low cal 5-6 days week, then 1-2 days, smash the carbs and calories. But still yield a net deficit
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

19. MON LOG
    ---------

Front squats 3x12 w/barbell
    Box squats 3x12 @ 80 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
    RDL 3x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 75 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 35 lbs
    40 min walk

First day training fasted with BCAA. First impressions... tastes like sour candy. Added some ice to it and that seemed dissolve some of the tartness. Overall, I like it I just need to get used to it. Didn't like the taste of Whey Protein when I first started using it either.

Added some weight to RDLs. Still working on form, because my lower back felt sore after I finished up. From RDL straight to DL and my grip kept slipping... probably due to sweaty palms from RDLs. Gotta work on that.

DAY 7 OF IF:

I didn't mean to work out so late, now I have about a 4 hour window left so I'm gonna get my eat on.

20. TUES LOG
    ---------

40 min walk. Dull pain in my left hip, so I tried to walk on the grass along the sidewalks when I could. Kind of weird considering the pain didn't hit me until after I got home from work. Also experiencing mild headaches throughout the day. Ah, there it goes again. Not cool. Yesterday was my carb up day, maybe my body is just responding to that, I don't know. Changing off days to LISS (after reviewing IF thread) with 1 day reserved for HIIT once a week.

DAY 8 OF IF:

1550 cals

21. WED LOG
    --------

Front Squat w/bb 3x12
    Box Squat 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 80 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    BBR 4x12 @ 50 lbs
    Elevated Dips 4 sets - 7,7,7,8
    Incline DB Flys 3x12 @ 13 lbs
    Barbell Weighted Crunches - 45 reps
    Reverse crunches - 20 reps
    Twist crunches w/10lb plate - 20 reps
    Starjumps/Mt Climbers/Box Jumps - 4x10

DAY 9 OF IF:

1700 calories

Energy: 7/10
    Looong workout today! Sipping on BCAA prior and intra-workout had a noticeable effect, getting used to the flavor and adding ice makes it taste better. I've been doing bench dips lately, so today I wanted to challenge myself to elevated dips, and to my surprise I was able to bang a few out! My triceps are getting stronger! Gonna try for more reps next time! Headache has subsided today... I think I've just been eating way too late. I'm supposed to break my fast at 1-2 pm but these past few days I don't eat until 6-7 p.m. Way too long and my body doesn't take kindly to it. Left hip still bothering me, but only when I'm up and walking around for long periods of time. Ended the workout with a quick cardio session inside because it's too warm out at the moment!

22. Nice job. For your next batch of bcaa you might want to try some xtend is what I've been using and the taste is pretty good (watermelon madness). IF is great I was thinking on only running it for ten weeks but now I'm thinking I'm doing this for the long run. I have never felt better. Good luck keep up the great work!

23. FRI LOG
    -------

Front squats 3x6 @ 40 lbs
    Box squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 85 lbs, 1x110, 1x130, 1x140
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs, 2x12 @ 75 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 85 lbs, 3x105, 2x125
    OP 3x12 @ 35 lbs, 4x40lbs
    Bulgarian Squats w/bb 3x12

Okay! So! I've been on a low set/high rep program lately. Today I wanted to test out my PRs. Normally I squat ~70 lbs (even that feels heavy some days) and that felt light today, so I was able to increase +15 lbs on my squat! I got a restful sleep last night for the first time in a long time(~6 hours), and had 10g of BCAA prior/intra workout and was feeling good. What a world of a difference a few hours of sleep makes!

My PR for squat is set to 140lbs. I attempted 150lbs with assistance but failed miserably haha. Not bad overall. I didn't even think I could pull off 140, but I was super pumped that I did and so I've set a goal to squat 1xBW! Being on a cut will add to the difficulty since I don't see much gains, but I think if I increase the weight slowly I can get there! My PR for deads is 125. I feel like I could have added maybe another 5-10 lbs but I was getting sore, so figured I'd stop before I injured myself.

OHP is still my least favorite exercise. I feel like I'm not progressing in that area at all. My quads were shaking after I finished up with bulgarian squats. I feel like I am adding mass to my quads, which I don't necessarily want since they are already "thick" haha! Maybe I should stick to BW exercises when it comes to my quads?

DAY 11 of IF:

1850 Cals

With the advice of EasyJBL and Aaron I've changed my window to 14/10. Overall, my body responds BETTER at 14/10 than at 18/6, which is what it was previously. Instead of 2 big meals I will be splitting my macros into 3 meals with a snack here or there to keep my metabolism AND sanity up, lol. If I can keep up 14/10 and still get a good night's sleep in I will be over the moon! Cheers guys!

24. Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    Nice job. For your next batch of bcaa you might want to try some xtend is what I've been using and the taste is pretty good (watermelon madness). IF is great I was thinking on only running it for ten weeks but now I'm thinking I'm doing this for the long run. I have never felt better. Good luck keep up the great work!
    Thanks for the support, mk! I saw some progress pics you posted recently. All I can say is great job! The differences are noticeable and I'm willing to bet you not only look better but feel better as well! RecoverPro is so widely praised so I went with the reviews and bought myself some. IMO it tastes better diluted with lots of water and ice!

25. Get some Lemon too Kix .. mix with the Rasp and you get Rasp Lemonade basically

Great workouts! Have an awesome weekend!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM