gokix's summer kickoff! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 5 of 32 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    Keep working! You are doing great
    Yesterday was meant to be a cardio day, but I did not get any cardio in. Could barely keep my eyes open all day even after my taking EC doses. My body doesn't want me to sleep! I get a good night's rest maybe once a week.

Thanks sawa! I hit a wall/block and I know I just gotta keep on keepin' on and find another way around it.

In other news, I picked up Yohimbine-HCL and Reduce XT. Should receive it early next week so I can begin stacking it with my EC!
    Squats do a booty good.

2. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

FRI LOG
    -------

Front Squat 1x12 @ 50lbs
    Box Squat 1x12 @ 100 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 13 lbs - Incline DB Bench, DB Rows, DB Flat Bench, Barbell Pullovers (20 lbs)
    15 min walk @10%, 2mph

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: B.o.B - Strange Clouds (Remix) ft. T.I. & Young Jeezy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0m3MKsyeEc

Was tired prior to workout, still not sleeping, but once I started stretching/doing warm up sets I found a nice groove and felt like I coasted through today's workout. Replaced dips with supersets today. 60 second rest between sets. I wasn't sure how many sets to do, so hopefully that looks right! Felt the burn and was sweating like mad! Don't know why I haven't been doing supersets this whole time!

DAY 4 OF EC:

EC doesn't seem to be as potent as it was in the beginning of the week, but that's okay because the dosage will be increasing next week!

DAY 25 OF IF:

Shooting for 2400 cals
    Squats do a booty good.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Keep kicking butt!
    •   

4. Professional Member

Thanks ax! What do you think of the superset addition at the end of a workout? Thumbs up or down?
    Squats do a booty good.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Your superset is 4 exercises without a break in between? Or am I reading your log wrong? If that's the case then you are using it as a type of aerobic training which in itself is a wonderful idea if you are hoping to lose fat and hang onto muscle.

When I do a superset I simply do 2 exercises back to back without a break. Overall, I'm a huge fan of supersets. I think it really shocks the muscle and that's the point of hypertrophy training!
  6. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Your superset is 4 exercises without a break in between? Or am I reading your log wrong? If that's the case then you are using it as a type of aerobic training which in itself is a wonderful idea if you are hoping to lose fat and hang onto muscle.

When I do a superset I simply do 2 exercises back to back without a break. Overall, I'm a huge fan of supersets. I think it really shocks the muscle and that's the point of hypertrophy training!
    4 exercises back to back for 3 sets. Then 60 seconds rest before I start the next set of 4. How many sets/exercises should I do if I want it to use it as aerobic training?
    Squats do a booty good.
  7. Professional Member

SAT LOG
    --------

Cosgrove's Evil 8 (30lbs) 6,5,4,3,2,1 rep scheme

Deadlift
    Romanian Deadlift
    Bentover Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

Abs @ 3 sets
    BB crunch - 15,11,10
    Reverse crunch - 10,10,10
    Twist crunch w/10lb plate - 10,10,10

Energy Level: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Afrojack & Shermanology - Can't Stop Me (Club Mix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Udoo0h1LI

Been looking into complex exercises and landed on Cosgrove's Evil 8, which I really like because I'm already familiar with most of the exercises laid out in the program. I used this for my cardio today since it was raining and depressing looking outside. It took me about 12 minutes total with 60 sec rests in between sets. Next time I will add a bit more weight, but overall I really enjoyed it!

DAY 5 OF EC:

Woke up late (Hey it's Saturday!) and took my 1st dose at around noon. Gonna take my 2nd dose right after I finish posting.

DAY 26 OF IF:

Shooting for 1600 calories
    Squats do a booty good.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    SAT LOG
    --------

Cosgrove's Evil 8 (30lbs) 6,5,4,3,2,1 rep scheme

Deadlift
    Romanian Deadlift
    Bentover Row
    Power Clean
    Front Squat
    Push Press
    Back Squat
    Good Morning

Abs @ 3 sets
    BB crunch - 15,11,10
    Reverse crunch - 10,10,10
    Twist crunch w/10lb plate - 10,10,10

Energy Level: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Afrojack & Shermanology - Can't Stop Me (Club Mix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Udoo0h1LI

Been looking into complex exercises and landed on Cosgrove's Evil 8, which I really like because I'm already familiar with most of the exercises laid out in the program. I used this for my cardio today since it was raining and depressing looking outside. It took me about 12 minutes total with 60 sec rests in between sets. Next time I will add a bit more weight, but overall I really enjoyed it!

DAY 5 OF EC:

Woke up late (Hey it's Saturday!) and took my 1st dose at around noon. Gonna take my 2nd dose right after I finish posting.

DAY 26 OF IF:

Shooting for 1600 calories
    How has the EC been treating you? also, why so few kCals on a workout day ??
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  9. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    How has the EC been treating you? also, why so few kCals on a workout day ??
    Hey Cel

Well, I figured I wasn't pushing 'heavy' weight so it's more of an aerobic workout. It was a replacement for cardio day and I think 2400 calories would be a bit much for today, which is what I consumed yesterday. What do you suggest for kcals?

I think my body is adjusting to the dosages because I don't really feel the effects of the caffeine as much I did on day 1 and 2. I'm following the dosage chart you sent me and should be increasing dosages early next week.
    Squats do a booty good.
  10. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey Kixxy, I replied to your PM IIRC.
    Down any weight thus far?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Hey Cel

Well, I figured I wasn't pushing 'heavy' weight so it's more of an aerobic workout. It was a replacement for cardio day and I think 2400 calories would be a bit much for today, which is what I consumed yesterday. What do you suggest for kcals?

I think my body is adjusting to the dosages because I don't really feel the effects of the caffeine as much I did on day 1 and 2. I'm following the dosage chart you sent me and should be increasing dosages early next week.
    If you are doing it for a circuit burnout, you are still depleting some glycogen...so yeah , not as low as cardio , and not as high as build...I would say 2000 kCals , it will still be on deficit, but you get to replenish Glycogen stores for your next lifting day so you don't feel weak when going heavy .

Also you need 191 pills do run it for 10 weeks , so if you need more bronkaid get someone to buy it for yah haha (At least here in Texas you can only buy a Box per Month haha) someone can buy you the box and then you just buy the other one as the month passes and so on and so forth !

Add the Baby Aspirin (81mg aspirin) dose to each of them if you ever feel short winded or heavy on the chest, a baby aspirin is always good for the heart anyway.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    If you are doing it for a circuit burnout, you are still depleting some glycogen...so yeah , not as low as cardio , and not as high as build...I would say 2000 kCals , it will still be on deficit, but you get to replenish Glycogen stores for your next lifting day so you don't feel weak when going heavy .

Also you need 191 pills do run it for 10 weeks , so if you need more bronkaid get someone to buy it for yah haha (At least here in Texas you can only buy a Box per Month haha) someone can buy you the box and then you just buy the other one as the month passes and so on and so forth !

Add the Baby Aspirin (81mg aspirin) dose to each of them if you ever feel short winded or heavy on the chest, a baby aspirin is always good for the heart anyway.
    Thanks! I'll eat more today since tomorrow is an 'off' day so I'll save the low cals for tomorrow. I don't know what the legal limit is in my state, but I'm close enough to the border that I can make a drive over there if that were the case. Haha I just realized how fishy that sounded!

I did feel short winded/heavy chest a few days ago after a dosage, but neglected it and eventually it went away. I'll make sure to pick up some baby Aspirin 'just in case'. It was not a good feeling.
    Squats do a booty good.
  13. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Hey Kixxy, I replied to your PM IIRC.
    Down any weight thus far?
    Hey aaron! Nope, not down any weight unfortunately. I get the sense that my body is in recomp mode which is why I picked up EC. My order of Reduce XT and Yohimbine should be here early next week also.
    Squats do a booty good.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Hey kix just read through your whole log. Sounds like your recomping quite nicely what's your Maintenance Calories?
  15. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Hey kix just read through your whole log. Sounds like your recomping quite nicely what's your Maintenance Calories?
    Hi Luke and welcome to my log. Do you have a log here?

My maintenance calories is ~2300 calories while I am on IF.
    Squats do a booty good.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wow so didn't know this was a log lol well guess I got some catching up to do
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  17. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Wow so didn't know this was a log lol well guess I got some catching up to do
    Welcome!
    Squats do a booty good.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811

Hi Luke and welcome to my log. Do you have a log here?

My maintenance calories is ~2300 calories while I am on IF.
    Yeah I'm running a log in the anabolics section I would post a link but I'm on my phone.
    I followed IF on my last cut and lost 12kg (26lb) in around 12 weeks and I'm positive it will get you to where you want to be. Good luck
  19. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Yeah I'm running a log in the anabolics section I would post a link but I'm on my phone.
    I followed IF on my last cut and lost 12kg (26lb) in around 12 weeks and I'm positive it will get you to where you want to be. Good luck
    I would be ecstatic if I got similar results. I'm on my 1st month of IF, and it's taking some time to adjust to. It was only after about the 3rd week that it became somewhat of a normal routine for me. Now I'm eating ~2300 kcals on lifting days and ~1500 on off days. I know results like that take time, so I do plan on sticking with it and updating my log. I'm glad it worked out so well for you and thanks for the well wishes!
    Squats do a booty good.
  20. Professional Member

SUN LOG
    --------

40 min walk

Good morning A.M.

So tired today. <-- that's me during my walk this morning
    Squats do a booty good.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    SUN LOG
    --------

40 min walk

Good morning A.M.

So tired today. <-- that's me during my walk this morning
    It's to muggy here to go for walks at the moment
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

So is there a reason you fluctuate so much on off days and work out days for eating? Is it that you are that hungry or is it because of the IF and that is how they tell you to do it?
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

how is the mirror treating you? Your weight is staying the same, are you noticing any changes in the mirror?
  24. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    how is the mirror treating you? Your weight is staying the same, are you noticing any changes in the mirror?
    Which reminds me, it's almost that time to take progress pics again. Will update that in the upcoming weeks. I find that my clothes do fit a little looser, but I'm also seeing more muscle definition in my biceps and forearms. I squat 3x a week and perhaps that's why I don't feel like my quads are slimming down. At the same time my legs do feel a lot stronger. Muscley thighs are not a problem though - it's the fat surrounding them! :P
    Squats do a booty good.
  25. Professional Member

MON LOG
    ---------

Front squats 1x12 @ 55 lbs
    Box squats 1x12 @ 105 lbs
    Squats 1x12 @90 lbs, 2x12 @ 95 lbs
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs, 2x12 @75lbs
    DL 2x12 @ 85 lbs, 1x12 @ 95
    OP 3x12 @ 33 lbs
    20 min walk @ 10% incline

Energy: 8/10
    [SOTD]: Ain't No Love - Shine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb2XmWNmAIY

Coasted through my workout today at 1hr 35 minutes. I was in the zone today! On top of that my lifts are up +5 lbs on squats and I was able to bang +10 on my last set of DL. I'm saving RDL until after I finish DL. That seemed to helped with my grip today.

DAY 7 OF EC:

Last day of my first week on EC! Scale has been the same, but I'm hoping once the Yohimbine and Reduce XT arrive that will change things!

DAY 28 OF IF:

Shooting for 2400 cals
    Squats do a booty good.
  26. Professional Member

Got my Yohimbine and Reduce XT in the mail today! Woo!
    Squats do a booty good.
  27. Professional Member

TUES LOG
    ----------

40 min walk

DAY 8 OF EC: Stacked EC with Yohimbine and Reduce XT today and will continue to do so for as long as I run this stack. Feeling the caffeine kick in almost immediately now after 1st dosage. It tapers down after a few hours until my next dosage. Seem to be handling the caffeine OK, but I went ahead and purchased some low dosage aspirin just in case. Still sticking to LISS because I'm a bit paranoid by the thought of doing any type of strenuous cardio while on EC.

DAY 29 OF IF: Shooting for 1500 calories
    Squats do a booty good.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

i hit the wall at about 1 hour and 15 minutes.... Good for you!

MON LOG
    ---------

Coasted through my workout today at 1hr 35 minutes. I was in the zone today! On top of that my lifts are up +5 lbs on squats and I was able to bang +10 on my last set of DL. I'm saving RDL until after I finish DL. That seemed to helped with my grip today.
  29. Professional Member

i hit the wall at about 1 hour and 15 minutes.... Good for you!
    Thanks huggy!

I try not to check the time until I'm almost done. There's been a few times where I'll get the urge to check and then it's like, I'm only half way done and it's been 60 minutes already?!? lol, Toying with the idea of adding supersets at the end of my workout as well. My cardio days are pretty short ~40 minutes LISS, so it's a give and take.
    Squats do a booty good.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thanks huggy!

I try not to check the time until I'm almost done. There's been a few times where I'll get the urge to check and then it's like, I'm only half way done and it's been 60 minutes already?!? lol, Toying with the idea of adding supersets at the end of my workout as well. My cardio days are pretty short ~40 minutes LISS, so it's a give and take.

i really enjoy fasted cardio - low impact stuff.. i wear a heart rate monitor to make sure i am going at a super slow rate.... I know its bro science but i think the carb deplete from the low impact stuff works well with lean gains... I will go for an hour walk at like 6am and not break my fast till about 2pm (gym days) and later on gym days....

i know the rules for women are different though....
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

are you feeling leaner... how do you actually feel?

I love the feeling coming out of the fast...
  32. Professional Member

i really enjoy fasted cardio - low impact stuff.. i wear a heart rate monitor to make sure i am going at a super slow rate.... I know its bro science but i think the carb deplete from the low impact stuff works well with lean gains... I will go for an hour walk at like 6am and not break my fast till about 2pm (gym days) and later on gym days....

i know the rules for women are different though....
    are you feeling leaner... how do you actually feel?

I love the feeling coming out of the fast...
    It's that little extra, and I think it does feel like it makes a difference at the end of a workout. Wish I was a morning person, but I'm not. It'd be nice to get an extra session in the morning.

It's weird - training fasted I mean. There's no food energy, yet I have had some of my best workouts fasted. Other times it's laborious. It really varies daily. Then again I never used to take a pre-wo until I started EC, and that was more for overall fat loss than the caffeine kick.

What rules for women? I do feel leaner/stronger in my legs - quads and calves. That feeling when you're walking and realize there is space between your thighs? Yeah, that. lol But, I'd still really like to see that scale go down!
    Squats do a booty good.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

It's that little extra, and I think it does feel like it makes a difference at the end of a workout. Wish I was a morning person, but I'm not. It'd be nice to get an extra session in the morning.

It's weird - training fasted I mean. There's no food energy, yet I have had some of my best workouts fasted. Other times it's laborious. It really varies daily. Then again I never used to take a pre-wo until I started EC, and that was more for overall fat loss than the caffeine kick.

What rules for women? I do feel leaner/stronger in my legs - quads and calves. That feeling when you're walking and realize there is space between your thighs? Yeah, that. lol But, I'd still really like to see that scale go down!
    as far as training fasted i am pretty sure there is some natural GH increase towards the end of the fast and your body should have some stored energy from not eating, digesting, etc...

rules for women: on lean gains they recommend a shorter fasted period...
  34. Professional Member

as far as training fasted i am pretty sure there is some natural GH increase towards the end of the fast and your body should have some stored energy from not eating, digesting, etc...

rules for women: on lean gains they recommend a shorter fasted period...
    Ah gotcha 14/10 if I remember correctly. My feeding window is never that long. My off days are ~ 16/8, but my on days are even shorter ~ 18/6.
    Squats do a booty good.
  35. Professional Member

WED LOG
    ---------

Front Squat 1x12 @ 60lbs
    Box Squat 1x12 @ 100 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Bench 1x12 @ 45 lbs, 2x12 @50lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 12 lbs - Reverse Fly, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20 lbs)

Energy: 3/10
    [SOTD]: Above & beyond - sun & moon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIsqQb-aYKg

Not my best workout! Today I felt annoyed/angry, like I wanted to rage on someone and I don't know why. It shifted between feeling lethargic and very short bursts of energy. Also had thee worst caffeine crash around noon. When I got home I tried to nap it away, but my mood has just been off today. I'm guessing it's due to lack of sleep + side effects of caffeine. I was dizzy after barbell rows and that set the tone for the rest of my workout. Saved squats for last, and that wasn't great either - felt so weak. I was pushing hard to finish my 3rd set of squats and after I racked the bar my heart started beating sooo fast. Had to stop and catch my breath. A bit worrisome because that hasn't happened before, at least not during my workout! Taking an aspirin; my chest feels heavy.

DAY 9 OF EC: Felt like crap after my 2nd dosage. EC usually suppresses my appetite but I've been ravenous today! I think today is one of those days where eating something pre-wo would have been helpful.

DAY 30 OF IF: Shooting for 2300 cals
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Do you think it might be your new supplement ?? Maybe something is not playing nice with the others?
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I'm all for supplements, but it sounds like you're having more negative side effects than positive. If your diet and cardio are on key, you will be good. I skimmed through your thread, are you doing fasted cardio in the morning? Are you doing any cardio post workout? Are you taking in most of your calories during your post workout window? I just think there are other factors affecting your weight loss and lowering the effectiveness of the EC stack.
  38. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    Do you think it might be your new supplement ?? Maybe something is not playing nice with the others?
    It's a possibility; that and I don't get very much sleep. Once I get food in my system I'm fine though. I'm pretty cranky before then. lol

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    I'm all for supplements, but it sounds like you're having more negative side effects than positive. If your diet and cardio are on key, you will be good. I skimmed through your thread, are you doing fasted cardio in the morning? Are you doing any cardio post workout? Are you taking in most of your calories during your post workout window? I just think there are other factors affecting your weight loss and lowering the effectiveness of the EC stack.
    It took some time for me to adjust to IF, a few weeks actually, and in the beginning I had days where I was getting chronic headaches. I think the same thing is happening with EC. The first half of the week went okay; the rest of the first week was fine. Now I'm on Day 2 of the 2nd week and I've increased the dosage, so I'm thinking my body is having to readjust to that. Could also be that I'm more sensitive to stims than I thought.

No fasted morning cardio, because that would cut into my resting time and I don't get very much as is. As far as post workout cardio, it really depends on how I'm feeling that day. Some days I will try to add in a 20 minute incline walk on the treadmill. All my calories are post workout and my feeding window on workout days ~ 4 pm - 11 pm.
    Squats do a booty good.
  39. Professional Member

Just an update:

Felt very short of breath all last night and into this morning. Skipping my a.m. dosage. and possibly the rest of the day. I followed the dosage chart, but since I'm unaccustomed to stims, perhaps I tried to build the tolerance too quickly. I will start lowering my dosages again tomorrow. Or maybe replace a caffeine pill with coffee instead.

Squats do a booty good.
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Just an update:

Felt very short of breath all last night and into this morning. Skipping my a.m. dosage. and possibly the rest of the day. I followed the dosage chart, but since I'm unaccustomed to stims, perhaps I tried to build the tolerance too quickly. I will start lowering my dosages again tomorrow. Or maybe replace a caffeine pill with coffee instead.

pls be careful. You will do great w/out the stims if you keep up with the exercise and IF implementation.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:35 AM