gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 40 of 50 First ... 3839404142 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    Those front squats and lunges look like gvt. Burn baby burn!
    The squats were deffo. I didn't know what to do today and remembered back to our previous convo for inspiration.


  2. how am I not subed to this log yet? Vicious front squats!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    how am I not subed to this log yet? Vicious front squats!
    About time!!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    About time!!
    Sorry I was slacking.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    MON LOG

    BB Front Squats
    45x10
    55x10
    65x10
    75x10
    85x5
    75x10
    75x10
    75x10
    75x10
    75x10

    BB Reverse Lunges
    20x10x10

    Foot Elevated Single Leg Glute Bridge
    3x10 each leg

    X-Band Side and Forward Walks

    All I wanted to do today was front squats, so that's what I did.
    Front squats kill me... i have a harder time keeping the weight on my shoulders then squatting though --- even using the wrist wrap method...
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post

    Front squats kill me... i have a harder time keeping the weight on my shoulders then squatting though --- even using the wrist wrap method...
    I know what you mean huggy! It can be discouraging at times. And I'm not even pushing max weight yet like you! I'm going to keep the weights moderate for now. I'm just thankful I can still squat relatively pain free at this point.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I know what you mean huggy! It can be discouraging at times. And I'm not even pushing max weight yet like you! I'm going to keep the weights moderate for now. I'm just thankful I can still squat relatively pain free at this point.
    i almost had to dump 225 in the cage a couple of weeks ago, i cant imagine doing fronts with 6 and 8 plates like the big boys...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post

    i almost had to dump 225 in the cage a couple of weeks ago, i cant imagine doing fronts with 6 and 8 plates like the big boys...
    Good thing you had a cage! And isnt it typical to go lighter on front squats anyway?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Good thing you had a cage! And isnt it typical to go lighter on front squats anyway?
    Layne Norton does them with 8 plates, i want to do them with 8 plates....

  10. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Layne Norton does them with 8 plates, i want to do them with 8 plates....
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhfBEU0GlbE

  11. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Holly balls!!!! that is intense!!!!
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    He is hype as sh!t right there, lol. I noticed he used crossed arms.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    He is hype as sh!t right there, lol. I noticed he used crossed arms.
    Snatch grip is toooo uncomfortable...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Snatch grip is toooo uncomfortable...
    It is! Once the weight gets heavy I feel the need to switch to crossed arms, but have to be more careful the bar doesn't slip. I had that problem the other day because I was wearing a tank top. I could probably do 1-2 heavy reps with snatch grip, but no more than that.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    http://youtu.be/dEwzyHeAlos

    Food for thought.
    "Breathe deep into your balls." This dude posts some good stuff and I check it from time to time. Thanks

  16. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post

    "Breathe deep into your balls." This dude posts some good stuff and I check it from time to time. Thanks
    Sorry, I guess the "breathe deep into your balls" part is N/A to some members of the targeted audience...I like his informative and humorous nature. Just thought the part about the different grip for front squat would be beneficial. Holler!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Sorry, I guess the "breathe deep into your balls" part is N/A to some members of the targeted audience...I like his informative and humorous nature. Just thought the part about the different grip for front squat would be beneficial. Holler!
    I still do. Metaphorically speaking.

    Yeah, he's good! He's got another channel with rants and raves and philosophical stuff. Those are interesting too. Hollah back!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Snatch grip is toooo uncomfortable...
    Mr. Supple Leopard on front rack positions with an appearance from the beastly Diane Fu.

    Better front rack shoulder stability:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXOgjuGOQBY

    Fixing the front rack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE4N6G4xJHU

    wrist mobility in the front rack & TL Junction Love
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oylx0Up7nG8

  19. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Wow that's crazy!

  20. I have a bromance / man crush on layne norton... Its getting kinda serious....

  21. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I have a bromance / man crush on layne norton... Its getting kinda serious....
    Surely there is a girl version of Layne

  22. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Surely there is a girl version of Layne
    Larissa Reis is a bad ass, she is hot, but she is a bad ass chick!!! if i was a girl, i would have a girl crush on her..

  23. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Larissa Reis is a bad ass, she is hot, but she is a bad ass chick!!! if i was a girl, i would have a girl crush on her..
    Killer body. Something about that voice though. Must be something in the Brazilian water. I like Erin Stern's physique.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Log in
Log in