gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 31 of 42 First ... 2930313233 ... Last

  1. Nice vid Kix. Way to get it!


  2. I have to say...that came up way too easy. I think you could put another plate on each side, at least! ;-)
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    SAT LOG

    DL

    95x5
    125x4
    145x3
    165x1
    185x1
    205x1** PR

    RDL
    70x10
    80x6
    90x8 *Grip failing on me at this point

    Reverse SB Hypers
    2x15
    sholud
    Didn't go in with the intention of trying to max out on my DL since I only had about 40 minutes to workout, and barely ate beforehand, but I did, and that's always awesome! That's +5lbs added on from my 200lb PR back in March. Recorded myself at 185lb DL I think. Will put up for critique if I can figure out how.

    Edit: Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2_0MPz39Fo
    Looking strong Kix... i like to keep my head higher thoughout....

    awful gym music, had to mute it, felt my test lowering...
    i repeat the 5 tips on this article to myself almost everytime i set up...

    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_the_deadlift

  4. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    Nice vid Kix. Way to get it!
    Thanks C!! Getting it and getting it good Surprised myself when I pulled that much; now I just gotta work on my form more!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post
    I have to say...that came up way too easy. I think you could put another plate on each side, at least! ;-)
    Well, thanks for saying that! haha, that makes me feel better. Oh man, if I pull 2 plates on each side I will def get of a video of that. Not something I'd likely ever forget!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Looking strong Kix... i like to keep my head higher thoughout....

    awful gym music, had to mute it, felt my test lowering...
    i repeat the 5 tips on this article to myself almost everytime i set up...

    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_the_deadlift
    Haha that was from my playlist! It gets me pumped Good read! Yeah, my head was in more of a neutral position because there wasn't a mirror in front of me like usual. Gotta keep back tighter throughout the movement, for sure. I'll be moving heavy weight like you soon enough! What kinda shoes do you wear? I was only rocking colorful socks.

    PS - I've signed up!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Haha that was from my playlist! It gets me pumped Good read! Yeah, my head was in more of a neutral position because there wasn't a mirror in front of me like usual. Gotta keep back tighter throughout the movement, for sure. I'll be moving heavy weight like you soon enough! What kinda shoes do you wear? I was only rocking colorful socks.

    PS - I've signed up!
    Barefoot is fine, i wear a pair of chuck taylors... I will have to send you a playlist - it will add 20% to you lifts...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Barefoot is fine, i wear a pair of chuck taylors... I will have to send you a playlist - it will add 20% to you lifts...
    Please do! I think you know what I like.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    SAT LOG

    DL
    95x5
    125x4
    145x3
    165x1
    185x1
    205x1** PR

    RDL
    70x10
    80x6
    90x8 *Grip failing on me at this point

    Reverse SB Hypers
    2x15

    Didn't go in with the intention of trying to max out on my DL since I only had about 40 minutes to workout, and barely ate beforehand, but I did, and that's always awesome! That's +5lbs added on from my 200lb PR back in March. Recorded myself at 185lb DL I think. Will put up for critique if I can figure out how.

    Edit: Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2_0MPz39Fo
    That's good work kix I'd like a vid when your at maximal effort I'd say around 220lb easy slight critique on form, your back rounds slightly when initiating the pull and try to keep your head up and looking forward.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    That's good work kix I'd like a vid when your at maximal effort I'd say around 220lb easy slight critique on form, your back rounds slightly when initiating the pull and try to keep your head up and looking forward.
    Thank ya Luke! Yeah, I'm noticing my upper back round a bit, as others have mentioned. I also feel like I'm not engaging my hips enough on the pull, so it feels like the power is coming from pushing my heels into the ground then using back to help lockout. Maybe I need to work on more hip hinge exercises.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post

    That's good work kix I'd like a vid when your at maximal effort I'd say around 220lb easy slight critique on form, your back rounds slightly when initiating the pull and try to keep your head up and looking forward.
    I was going to say this but figured I'd let someone more experienced than myself bring it up. But like Luke said...SLIGHT critique. Your form is better than a lot of people I see trying to do deads in the gym. Shoulder blades together and chest out...that's what my dad always says.
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

  12. TUES LOG

    Front Squat

    45x5
    55x5
    65x3
    75x3
    85x3

    +Drop Set
    70x3
    60x5
    45x10

    Reverse BB Lunge
    20x10
    30x10
    40x10

    RDL
    70x10
    80x10
    90x8

    +Core Work (2 rounds)

    Took yesterday off b/c back was achy from Saturday still. Really trying to stretch out my hip flexors before any type of squatting. They were still a bit tender afterwards though.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by 1ifeblood View Post

    I was going to say this but figured I'd let someone more experienced than myself bring it up. But like Luke said...SLIGHT critique. Your form is better than a lot of people I see trying to do deads in the gym. Shoulder blades together and chest out...that's what my dad always says.
    Oh yeah it was a very slight critique, definitely a lot better than most the guys I see in the gym lol.

  14. WED LOG

    Sprint Intervals
    10x10 yds
    6x20 yds
    4x40 yds

    Tour de stade/Cool Down

    30 min total

    Beautiful day for some outdoor cardio. Just wished the stairs that I ran up were a bit longer. I did a few rounds on those, jogging back to the start, and going back up. There was a tire on the track too but it was too dang heavy to lift. Don't know how much it weighed. Attempted to lift it twice but it didn't budge, haha. I'm going to try again next time.

  15. Nothing like the sound of clean tire flips in the morning... THWACK, THWACK, THWACK

  16. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77
    Nothing like the sound of clean tire flips in the morning... THWACK, THWACK, THWACK
    Lol tire: 1 gokix: 0

    I was trying to DL it up, but after some research, I guess you're supposed to push it with your chest.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Lol tire: 1 gokix: 0

    I was trying to DL it up, but after some research, I guess you're supposed to push it with your chest.
    i try and explode through it...

  18. THURS LOG

    Reverse Grip BBR
    60x10
    70x5
    80x5
    90x3
    100x3
    110x3

    +Drop Set
    80x15
    70x15
    60x12

    DB Floor Press
    2x20

    1 Arm BBR + Bent over Fly (SS)
    3x12

    DB Shrugs
    3x12

    Hammer Curls
    2x10

    Lats were burning during drop sets! Never really do drop set on my back but it was something new. It was a bit of a struggle, but I felt like a champ afterwards.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    THURS LOG

    Reverse Grip BBR
    60x10
    70x5
    80x5
    90x3
    100x3
    110x3

    +Drop Set
    80x15
    70x15
    60x12

    DB Floor Press
    2x20

    1 Arm BBR + Bent over Fly (SS)
    3x12

    DB Shrugs
    3x12

    Hammer Curls
    2x10

    Lats were burning during drop sets! Never really do drop set on my back but it was something new. It was a bit of a struggle, but I felt like a champ afterwards.
    That's what it's all about! :-)
    Where it all started

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

  20. FRI LOG

    1 lap around track
    9 Tire Flips
    11- 12 (30-40 yd) Sprints

    Hit the track again today. Started off with tire flips after looking up proper form. I could barely get it off the ground before but got in 9 flips total today! It was a challenge for me, but super easy for my workout partner who guesstimated it to be ~200+lbs. Got a nasty battle wound on my bicep/shoulder area from where the tire was resting too.

    Name:  IMAG0989.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  220.8 KB

  21. Any guesses at how much the tire weighs?

    Name:  vlcsnap-2013-06-14-18h19m35s167.png
Views: 95
Size:  197.6 KB

  22. 300 lbs

  23. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    FRI LOG

    1 lap around track
    9 Tire Flips
    11- 12 (30-40 yd) Sprints

    Hit the track again today. Started off with tire flips after looking up proper form. I could barely get it off the ground before but got in 9 flips total today! It was a challenge for me, but super easy for my workout partner who guesstimated it to be ~200+lbs. Got a nasty battle wound on my bicep/shoulder area from where the tire was resting too.

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82 740"/>
    Nothing like a decent battle scar to show off your hard work! :P

  24. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    300 lbs
    No way, really?! You think? Well, I'll be damned

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Nothing like a decent battle scar to show off your hard work! :P
    I was asked if I got into a fight, which was funny. Nope! Just flipping tires!

  25. SAT - OFF

    SUN LOG

    Box Jumps (knee high)
    8x3

    DB Step Ups (knee high)
    10x10
    10x10
    10x10

    BB Reverse Lunge
    20x10
    20x10

    RDL
    60x12x12x12

    Swiss Ball Reverse Hypers

    3x12

    Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches
    4x12

    My legs have been super sore for the past few days after upping the intensity of my workouts. Not sure what's planned for tomorrow; either heavy lower body or sprinting, depending on how I'm recovering...decisions, decisions.

  26. MON LOG

    BB Reverse Lunges
    20x10
    30x10
    40x10

    Front Squats
    45x5x5
    50x5
    60x3
    70x3
    80x3
    90x3
    100x1

    +Drop Set
    70x5
    45x10
    BWx40

    BB Good Mornings
    20x15x15

    Swiss Ball Rev. Hypers
    2x15

    +Core


    Sweating hardcore! Shirt is soaked. Working on body weight squats everyday. Doing the 30 day squat challenge as a supplement to weighted squats. Really felt the burn at the end of the drop set.

  27. I love front squats.... LOVE THEM...

    I wear my superman shirt on front squat days.... its mandatory!!!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I love front squats.... LOVE THEM...

    I wear my superman shirt on front squat days.... its mandatory!!!
    What supps you taking? How is your diet treating you... You need to be utilized more for reviews...

  29. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I love front squats.... LOVE THEM...

    I wear my superman shirt on front squat days.... its mandatory!!!
    Good one! I don't have a designated workout shirt. Maybe I should??? Front squats are great because they don't give me as much trouble as back squats.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    What supps you taking? How is your diet treating you... You need to be utilized more for reviews...
    Fish Oil, multi, whey (Just ordered Trutein). Pretty simple. Might add in some Cissus because I'm starting to get achy. Definitely committing the next few weeks to my workout and nutrition. My diet is lower in carbs during the week and I'll be having a mini-carb up day (~150g carbs) one day a week. Don't want to overdo it because I'll be feeling it the whole week.

    Did you see my post about the lady that peed herself right next to me? LOL!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM
Log in
Log in