gokix's summer kickoff! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 3 of 32 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    Thanks Swol/Moon Knight

Ordered some AI RecoverPro Red Raspberry today! Hopefully it arrives by Saturday!
    Solid, hope you enjoy it.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

2. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

TUES LOG
    ---------

Front squats 3x12 w/barbell
    Box squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
    DL 3x12 @80 lbs
    OP 3x12 @35 lbs
    BW Box Jumps 3x20
    Bulgarian Lunges 3x12

DAY 1 of IF:
    Broke the fast at around noon ~20% calorie intake
    Pre-wo ~20% calorie intake
    Dinner ~60% calorie intake
    Total Daily Cals: 1650

1) As soon as I put food in my system I experienced some digestive issues after meal 1 & 2 which was weird because I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. I drank some Powerade Zero to keep me going in the morning and I'm used to eating breakfast so maybe that might have been a factor? Not sure.

2) Loads of energy during my lifts today! It was awesomesauce. Honestly don't know where it came from because the only change was to my eating schedule. I ain't mad though!

Considering taking an off day tomorrow. Might go jogging, but it's supposed to rain all day so we'll see how that goes. In any case, Happy July 4th! Be safe peeps!
    Squats do a booty good.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    TUES LOG
    ---------

Box squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
    DL 3x12 @80 lbs
    OP 3x12 @35 lbs
    BW Box Jumps 3x20
    Bulgarian Lunges 3x12

DAY 1 of IF:
    Broke the fast at around noon ~20% calorie intake
    Pre-wo ~20% calorie intake
    Dinner ~60% calorie intake
    Total Daily Cals: 1650

1) As soon as I put food in my system I experienced some digestive issues after meal 1 & 2 which was weird because I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. I drank some Powerade Zero to keep me going in the morning and I'm used to eating breakfast so maybe that might have been a factor? Not sure.

2) Loads of energy during my lifts today! It was awesomesauce. Honestly don't know where it came from because the only change was to my eating schedule. I ain't mad though!

Considering taking an off day tomorrow. Might go jogging, but it's supposed to rain all day so we'll see how that goes. In any case, Happy July 4th! Be safe peeps!
    Am I fashionably late? LOL! Great updates. Have a happy 4th!
    I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
    •   

4. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy5150 View Post
    Am I fashionably late? LOL! Great updates. Have a happy 4th!
    Just a lil but I'll let it slide this time.
    Squats do a booty good.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

subbed!!!!
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger
  6. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by punjabimunde View Post
    subbed!!!!
    Glad to have ya on board, Mr. Punjabi!
    Squats do a booty good.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just a lil but I'll let it slide this time.
    I'm loving the attitude on this woman haha, and may I suggest you keep RDLs in more than DLs? Just so you get a better MM connection with the hammies and glutes for now and then switch to heavier deads !?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  8. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I'm loving the attitude on this woman haha, and may I suggest you keep RDLs in more than DLs? Just so you get a better MM connection with the hammies and glutes for now and then switch to heavier deads !?
    RDL? Explain please.
    Squats do a booty good.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Stiff leg dead lifts are great also.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

RDL? Explain please.
    Romanian Dead Lifts, not going all the way down, as to say not letting the hip drop with all and the bar, only lowering the bar to around half the shin and where you feel a pull on your hamstrings. DO NOT BEND THE KNEES AND MERELY PUSH BUTT BACK WHILE GOING DOWN, thus hitting the stretch of the glute and ham, and then exploding back up to contract those 2. The girl lifters at my gym can RDL around 155~ and those legs, lower backs, and glutes are...well mighty good inspiration if you get my polite drift
    Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    Stiff leg dead lifts are great also.
    Same thing...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I refuse to give Romanians any credit for their deadlifts.
  12. Professional Member

Would substituting RDLs be more beneficial than DLs? So 3x12 RDLs? I think at my highest I was dead lifting 135lbs 1x5 and that was about 3 months ago.
    Squats do a booty good.
  13. Professional Member

I refuse to give Romanians any credit for their deadlifts.
    lol, but their lettuce is very appetizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Annadad71 View Post
    You look awesome that's all I know!!
    Thank you. I'm getting there, slowly but surely, with the support of wonderful AM'ers.
    Squats do a booty good.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Traditional deadlifts--->full body benefits

Stiff leg deadlifts--->benefits hams and butt
  15. Professional Member

THURS LOG
    -----------

Front Squat w/bb 3x12
    Box Squat 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    Dips 3x15
    Incline DB Flys 3x12 @ 13 lbs
    30 min jog

DAY 3 OF IF:
    1590 Cals.
    Energy: 6/10.

Yesterday was an off day but I still followed the IF schedule and got all my prots in! Yeah!

Pretty good workout today. Nothing like sweat pouring down your face as you hit the last few reps. My shirt was soaked. Had a mild headache after my 1st meal and for about an hour once I got back from jogging. It was a bit of struggle trying to find my rhythm... once I found it the last half of jog was much better and I was able to finish strong. Glad I decided to wait until later in the evening because by then it was actually quite nice out.
    Squats do a booty good.
  16. Professional Member

Romanian Dead Lifts... The girl lifters at my gym can RDL around 155~ and those legs, lower backs, and glutes are...well mighty good inspiration if you get my polite drift
    Squats are a great lift for glutes already! I've definitely noticed a change in mines, so I wouldn't be opposed to adding in Romanian DLs. I do like that DLs are a total bodywork out. Would I just replace it with Romanian DLs and drop DLs altogether? Or add them to my program?
    Squats do a booty good.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Squats are a great lift for glutes already! I've definitely noticed a change in mines, so I wouldn't be opposed to adding in Romanian DLs. I do like that DLs are a total bodywork out. Would I just replace it with Romanian DLs and drop DLs altogether? Or add them to my program?
    You can add them as a Hamstring and lower back exercise . It helps with learning proper DL form too!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  18. Professional Member

You can add them as a Hamstring and lower back exercise . It helps with learning proper DL form too!
    Would you advise 3x12 RDL and 3x12 DL on the same day or is that too much? I plan on incorporating RDLs next week.
    Squats do a booty good.
  19. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Would you advise 3x12 RDL and 3x12 DL on the same day or is that too much? I plan on incorporating RDLs next week.
    Perfect to do both in the same day. You could use RDLs as a warmup to the heavier DLs or do the opposite; blast your hammies w DLs and follow them up w the lighter-weight RDLs.

I once again refuse to give Romanians credit for that lift.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Perfect to do both in the same day. You could use RDLs as a warmup to the heavier DLs or do the opposite; blast your hammies w DLs and follow them up w the lighter-weight RDLs.

Hahaha excellent prescription right here. Its a matter of taste they can be an exercise of their own or good stretch+warm up for DLs !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  21. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Bit of a different lifting mechanic for both exercises, so if you tend to be tripped up a bit by muscle memory, split them up on different days.
  22. Professional Member

You could use RDLs as a warmup to the heavier DLs or do the opposite; blast your hammies w DLs and follow them up w the lighter-weight RDLs.

Hahaha excellent prescription right here. Its a matter of taste they can be an exercise of their own or good stretch+warm up for DLs !
    Great! I never thought of it that way. There is still so much to learn. Thanks guys!
    Squats do a booty good.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Great! I never thought of it that way. There is still so much to learn. Thanks guys!
    That's what we are here for
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  24. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Hey Kix, let me know what burner you chose to go with, I'm always here to help if you need me.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  25. Professional Member

FRI LOG
    --------

DAY 4 OF IF
    Energy level: 6/10
    Total Cals: 1470

Feeling lethargic prior to my workouts. Nothing new though as I usually feel that way. Just have to pump myself up beforehand with some music.

5 min warm up
    1x10 HIIT Hill Sprints
    5 min cool down
    3x30sec RKC planks
    Squats do a booty good.
  26. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

In for win (sorry I'm late)
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  27. Professional Member

Welcome runner/vision. Thanks for joining.
    Squats do a booty good.
  28. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

No prob.
    Follow my avengers!!!

-Chris
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  29. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

What's your diet like?
  30. Professional Member

What's your diet like?
    My feeding window is from 1:30-9:30 pm:

~20% first meal: prots + fats (e.g. cold cuts + skim milk string cheese)
    ~20% second meal: prots + carb source (e.g. plain greek yogurt + banana)
    ~60% post-wo meal: prots, fats, carbs (e.g. protein shake w/water + additional protein source like chicken, turkey, lean ground beef + side of veggies + can of tuna, no calorie dressing, romaine salad ... as long as I get my protein in I usually finish off the remaining macros with a slice or two of low carb bread w/pb for example*)

*increase my carb intake on lifting days
    Squats do a booty good.
  31. Professional Member

SAT LOG
    --------

Box squats 4x10 @ 60 lbs
    Squats 4x10 @ 50 lbs
    RDL 4X10 @ 50 lbs
    DL 4x10 @ 70 lbs
    OP 4x10 @ 30 lbs

I was going to do cardio, but opted for a light lifting session since it started to rain. Slept very little + training fasted = no energy. Deloaded the weights a bit and added an extra set. Also added in RDLs as advised by Caesar and sidious! My first time with RDLs so I'm starting off light. I could have added more weight to be honest, but either way I felt a nice stretch in the hammies.

DAY 5 OF IF
    Been losing weight steadily since Tuesday, 4 days in. Yesterday was my HIIT day and I had ~40g of carbs in my last meal, making the day's total carb intake ~50g of carbs. Woke up today weighing the same as yesterday, so I guess I'll save the majority of carbs for lifting days since it seems I am carb sensitive.

Gonna shoot for ~1500 cals today. If I can get a jog in, then maybe up the cals ~100.
    Squats do a booty good.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.

Lovin' the workouts ... keep it up girl!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653
  33. Professional Member

Woot! Thanks Lexy! Hope you're having a good weekend.

My RecoverPro finally came in! Yay!
    Squats do a booty good.
  34. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

I haven't tried recover pro. Always wanted to. Using up my 1kg tub grapple MBCAA.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  35. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I haven't tried recover pro. Always wanted to.
    That makes two of us.
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.

If you don't love it I will be surprised ... RecoverPro is my absolute favorite. Which flavor did you go for?
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653
  37. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    If you don't love it I will be surprised ... RecoverPro is my absolute favorite. Which flavor did you go for?
    I went with Red Raspberry

So today will be my 6th day on the IF diet. The first three days (T,W,Th) I was dropping weight steadily ~2 lbs overall. No weight loss on Fri or Sat, just maintained it. Wake up today (Sunday) and I'm up +2 lbs. Let's see, last week my schedule went like this:

Sun - Lift
    Mon - HIIT
    Tues - Lift
    Wed - Off
    Th - Lift + Cardio
    F - HIIT
    Sat - Lift

I've been logging in my cals daily and eating within my time frame so... What the fudge? Not sure what I am doing wrong?
    Squats do a booty good.
  38. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Maybe do a kcal spike mid week. Trick the body.
    Carb cycling. AK gave me good ideas by eating low carb low cal 5-6 days week, then 1-2 days, smash the carbs and calories. But still yield a net deficit
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  39. Professional Member

MON LOG
    ---------

Box squats 3x12 @ 80 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 70 lbs
    RDL 3x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 75 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 35 lbs
    40 min walk

First day training fasted with BCAA. First impressions... tastes like sour candy. Added some ice to it and that seemed dissolve some of the tartness. Overall, I like it I just need to get used to it. Didn't like the taste of Whey Protein when I first started using it either.

Added some weight to RDLs. Still working on form, because my lower back felt sore after I finished up. From RDL straight to DL and my grip kept slipping... probably due to sweaty palms from RDLs. Gotta work on that.

DAY 7 OF IF:

I didn't mean to work out so late, now I have about a 4 hour window left so I'm gonna get my eat on.
    Squats do a booty good.
  40. Professional Member

TUES LOG
    ---------

40 min walk. Dull pain in my left hip, so I tried to walk on the grass along the sidewalks when I could. Kind of weird considering the pain didn't hit me until after I got home from work. Also experiencing mild headaches throughout the day. Ah, there it goes again. Not cool. Yesterday was my carb up day, maybe my body is just responding to that, I don't know. Changing off days to LISS (after reviewing IF thread) with 1 day reserved for HIIT once a week.

DAY 8 OF IF:

1550 cals
    Squats do a booty good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:35 AM