gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 18 of 42 First ... 1617181920 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811

It took me longer than I had anticipated. The goal was meant for the end of the summer and it's now creeping into fall... but yes, you are correct! That was some solid diet advice ya gave me a few months ago and I'm still tweaking it every few lbs I lose. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be closer to the front end
    It doesn't matter how long it takes what does matter is that you didn't give up and achieved your goals I'm glad I could help you out! Good luck with the rest of your cut I just started my cut. I'm not a fan lol :P

2. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    That is awesome... How would you rate your energy levels and quality of life between now and 9 months ago?
    Good question! Let's see ...

When I first joined this site I wasn't very active at all. It came to a point last year where I was constantly getting sick every few months. That was my breaking point. My decision to start logging was in hopes of finding some direction and support. Read a few posts here and there, saw how informative/supportive these posts were, and realized through others stories, I could make differences in my life.

Before I started I was ashamed of the food choices I was making. I can honestly say I knew the foods I was consuming were bad for me but I did it anyway. I'd set very high standards for myself in the past and when I was unable to achieve them I'd use food as my crutch. One time I even signed up for an expensive 1 yr gym membership; cost like $100/yr. That is $100 I'll never see again lol. After a few weeks I simply stopped showing up. I didn't realize it had to be a LIFESTYLE change. It was an endless cycle of being out of breath, depressed, sad and feeling disgusted at my body - hiding under baggy clothes hoping to stay invisible.

Achieving my weight loss goals this year has given me a sense of confidence in my own abilities. My outward appearance is transforming and my inner self is catching up with the attitude like, "I've come this far, I'm going to keep on kicking ass!" Not because I have to, but because I want to. People have asked ME how I did it, and I love sharing with them how they can start doing it too. At first it was embarrassing but I see it as an opportunity to help someone in a position I once was in.

I'm working out regularly, staying more active instead of lying around, trying on clothes (don't have the money to do so but I like trying on new things now that make me feel girly). I've developed a taste for healthy food choices, and am way more disciplined now that I track my calories. I'm also no longer getting sick all the damn time. I'm still me and my personality is still in tact. I just feel like I am allowed to become more of myself. Hopefully that answers your question.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    It doesn't matter how long it takes what does matter is that you didn't give up and achieved your goals I'm glad I could help you out! Good luck with the rest of your cut I just started my cut. I'm not a fan lol :P
    For sure! A lot of times I wanted to! Deffo hit me up with a link if you decide to log

4. Achieving my weight loss goals this year has given me a sense of confidence in my own abilities. My outward appearance is transforming and my inner self is catching up with the attitude like, "I've come this far, I'm going to keep on kicking ass!" Not because I have to, but because I want to.
    nothing wrong with a lil swagger... I love it...

The whole post was fantastic!!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Good question! Let's see ...

When I first joined this site I wasn't very active at all. It came to a point last year where I was constantly getting sick every few months. That was my breaking point. My decision to start logging was in hopes of finding some direction and support. Read a few posts here and there, saw how informative/supportive these posts were, and realized through others stories, I could make differences in my life.

Before I started I was ashamed of the food choices I was making. I can honestly say I knew the foods I was consuming were bad for me but I did it anyway. I'd set very high standards for myself in the past and when I was unable to achieve them I'd use food as my crutch. One time I even signed up for an expensive 1 yr gym membership; cost like $100/yr. That is $100 I'll never see again lol. After a few weeks I simply stopped showing up. I didn't realize it had to be a LIFESTYLE change. It was an endless cycle of being out of breath, depressed, sad and feeling disgusted at my body - hiding under baggy clothes hoping to stay invisible.

Achieving my weight loss goals this year has given me a sense of confidence in my own abilities. My outward appearance is transforming and my inner self is catching up with the attitude like, "I've come this far, I'm going to keep on kicking ass!" Not because I have to, but because I want to. People have asked ME how I did it, and I love sharing with them how they can start doing it too. At first it was embarrassing but I see it as an opportunity to help someone in a position I once was in.

I'm working out regularly, staying more active instead of lying around, trying on clothes (don't have the money to do so but I like trying on new things now that make me feel girly). I've developed a taste for healthy food choices, and am way more disciplined now that I track my calories. I'm also no longer getting sick all the damn time. I'm still me and my personality is still in tact. I just feel like I am allowed to become more of myself. Hopefully that answers your question.

BOLDED the part that really hit's home and you got it right about when you stated it being a LIFESTYLE CHANGE! Took me awhile to realize that the crash diets were no longer working and the yo yo thing just makes you feel 10 times worse. You mentioning baggy clothes, makes me think about when I used to wear a blazer wherever I went, even in the middle of summer!! Covering up was the only way to go, huh?!?

You are doing great and it's nice to see your daily post's and progress. Very refreshing and inspiring!
    •   

6. Helluva job. Your success inspires and motivates others. Keep up the good work and graduate to new set of goals. Don't stop pushing forward.

7. Btw $100 for a year at a gym is cheap.

Keep up the hard work. I know how fun it is to change how you look and feel!!!!!
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

8. SAT LOG

Energy: 7.5/10
    [SOTD]: Harder, Better, Faster, Quasar [Hardwell Mashup] - Hard Rock Sofa vs. Daft Punk
    Harder, Better, Faster, Quasar [Hardwell Mashup] - Hard Rock Sofa vs. Daft Punk - YouTube

BBR
    52x10
    57x10
    62x10
    62x8

DB Floor Press/Fly Combo

22x10
    27x10
    30x7

15x10
    18x10
    22x10

Skull Crushers

22x10
    27x10
    27x10
    27x10

Front DB Raise
    12x10
    12x10
    12x10

1 hour walk

Worked in an extra set of Barbell Rows. My form gets sloppy at around 8 reps for 62lbs so I stopped there. Tried for 60lbs total for DB floor press for the first time - not easy to get the db positioned to start pressing! Opted for DB front raises today because I've been reading that db/ez curl upright rows are pretty harsh on shoulders??? Any thoughts? It was beautiful out today so that made the walk extra nice

9. Thank you for the kind words everyone - it means a lot to me!

10. Nice read Kixxy, & good honest work pays off.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

11. Daft Punk is awesome!!!

Looks like your w/out's are getting more intense. Don't know about the shoulder thing, never had a prob w/ it.

12. MON LOG

Energy: 4/10
    [SOTD]: Miike Snow - Devil's Work (Dirty South Remix) Kick ass remix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNAxb6WDxww

DL
    52x10
    62x10
    82x10
    102x8

RDL
    52x10
    62x10
    72x10
    72x10

Reverse Lunges
    15x10
    15x10
    15x10

Barbell Glute Bridge
    32x10
    42x10
    42x10

Feet Elevated Hip Thrust 3x10 BW

Battling a cold for the past few days. Felt very winded and lethargic due to lack of sleep but I managed to get it done. Omitted OHP because my shoulders are still super sore. I'll save those for Friday. BB Glute Bridge kind of irritated the front area of hips even with padding. I may have to stick to BW glute bridges next time.

13. TUES LOG

30 min jog

Thats about all my body could take...towards the end my shoulders started acting up as well as my sinuses.

14. repair, regroup and come back with a f*cking vengeance...

15. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    repair, regroup and come back with a f*cking vengeance...
    Yup! Got it out of the way and now it's time to self medicate lol

16. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    RAWR!!!

17. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post

self medicate?? do tell!!!

18. Still fighting this dang cold! Grr! No stuffiness to speak of but I get fits of coughing at night around bedtime which keep me up all night. Took yesterday off and depending on how I feel later today I will try to get some light cardio in.

19. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    Still fighting this dang cold! Grr! No stuffiness to speak of but I get fits of coughing at night around bedtime which keep me up all night. Took yesterday off and depending on how I feel later today I will try to get some light cardio in.
    I said I was going to do cardio last night. Went to sleep instead.

Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

20. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Still fighting this dang cold! Grr! No stuffiness to speak of but I get fits of coughing at night around bedtime which keep me up all night. Took yesterday off and depending on how I feel later today I will try to get some light cardio in.
    Sorry to hear that Miss Gokix. If I were you I wouldn't push it, if your still unsure, sometimes that only makes it worse. Hope you feel better and by the way I PM'd you back finally!!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post

One word for you......SLACKER!!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post

Are you not feeling well either? We could've gone walking!!!

22. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811

Are you not feeling well either? We could've gone walking!!!
    What do you plan on doing for cardio today?

Appetite is down?

23. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    What do you plan on doing for cardio today?

Appetite is down?
    Some light jogging weather permitting. Nope, appetite is still up!

24. SAT LOG

AM - 45 min incline walking treadmill
    PM - 30 min jog

Took 3 days off and I think my cold is finally tapering off... thank goodness because that was a rough week. Still feeling very tired all day like I'm just dragging my body around. Easing back into things with some cardio. Gonna up cardio to double duty for the next 2 weeks if I can. Hopefully I can get some lifting in tomorrow again because I'm feeling soft.

25. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    SAT LOG

AM - 45 min incline walking treadmill
    PM - 30 min jog

Took 3 days off and I think my cold is finally tapering off... thank goodness because that was a rough week. Still feeling very tired all day like I'm just dragging my body around. Easing back into things with some cardio. Gonna up cardio to double duty for the next 2 weeks if I can. Hopefully I can get some lifting in tomorrow again because I'm feeling soft.
    I always feel soft after taking a couple days off!! Makes me work harder when I get back into it tho

26. SUN LOG

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Wynter Gordon - Dirty Talk (Chew Fu Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXJse...eature=related

AM - 45 min incline treadmill walking

PM -

BBR
    52x10
    52x10
    52x10

Reverse Grip BBR
    52x10
    52x10
    52x10

DB Floor Press

22x10
    22x10
    22x10

DB Floor Flys
    18x10
    18x10
    18x10

Skull Crushers
    22x10
    22x10
    22x10

DB Lateral Raise - Drop Sets
    11x6, 8x6, 5x8
    11x6, 8x7, 5x8
    11x6, 8x7, 5x8

20 min incline walking treadmill

Definitely lost strength in all areas after almost a week off. Hopefully things pick up again this week. My shirts are SOAKED after both AM and PM cardio!

27. YAY!!! You are getting back to bizzness!!! Glad you are finally feeling better and it sounds like you had a good w/out today!!!

Still looking forward to your cruise???

28. AM - 45 min cardio
    PM - 35 min cardio

Cardio is not fun!! Side note: I tend to sweat more when on low carb...i wonder why that is?

29. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    YAY!!! You are getting back to bizzness!!! Glad you are finally feeling better and it sounds like you had a good w/out today!!!

Still looking forward to your cruise???
    Thanks Q :-) Well I am not where I want to be body wise...even though I have a short term goal in mind. But I am looking forward to some
    R&R tropical style!

30. TUE LOG

Energy: 7.5/10
    [SOTD]: Ciara 'Like A Boy' Future Presidents Dance Remix
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZ73ptLAWc

OHP
    35x5
    40x5
    45x4

DL

62x5
    82x5
    102x5
    122x4
    132x1

RDL
    52x10
    62x10
    72x10

Wide Stance Good Morning
    40x10
    40x10

DB Step Ups
    18x10
    18x10
    18x10

Single Legged Box Squats (3lb weights)
    3x12
    3x12

20 min incline walking

DL felt good. I could've gone a bit heavier but my grip was sh!t! I tried using hook grip for the last rep but that didn't help either... felt like my thumb was just getting squished! First time incorporating single legged box squats...wow, really felt it all throughout my leg and got a nice sweat going as well.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM