gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 15 of 42 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

1. FRI LOG

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: Coldplay & Rihanna - Princess of China (eSQUIRE vs OFFBeat Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbDVrJVTsdw

Bent Over BBR 1x12 @52lbs, 2x12 @62lbs
    DB Floor Press 3x12 @ 18lbs each
    Half Kneeling Landmine Press 3x12 @40lbs

Superset:
    BW Dips 10,8,9
    Reverse Flyes 3x10@ 10lbs each
    Knee Pushups 10,10,10

DB Swings 3x12 @ 20lbs
    RKC Planks 3x45,30,30 secs

Finally Friday! This week felt really long. Not too much energy tonight - feel kind of drained and hungry actually. I ate half the top of a pumpkin muffin pre-wo. It was just sitting there I could not resist! Chest feels tight after knee pushups during supersets; not sure why that is. Might exclude these from supersets next time.

2. Hey Miss Q! Glad to have you aboard

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Trying to catch up on your log Miss Gokix811!!! I'm about half way through it, but wanted to stop in and say hi!! Hi!!

Get it girly!!!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Most recent pic of my back. The mirror kind of splices my arm in half but it's the best I could do. Definitely still needs some work.
    Hey gokix- I saw where your weight was 168lbs when you started back in May and was curious how much it was when your new back pic was taken?? Maybe you posted it and I over looked??

4. I just checked... took it on 8/31 so about 3 weeks ago, which is about the time I finally started breaking through my plateau. I was hovering around 162 lbs in that back pic.

Hey gokix- I saw where your weight was 168lbs when you started back in May and was curious how much it was when your new back pic was taken?? Maybe you posted it and I over looked??

5. SAT LOG (yesterday)

1.5hr tennis for cardio

I had a kink on the left side of my neck after twisting it while playing tennis. The kind of moves where you lower body goes one way, but your upper body goes the other! Ouchie. Took 2 SuperCissus right after tennis, again before bedtime and it's feeling much better today!

SUN

Day off!
    •   

6. Hey Cary, thought you might dig this track! It's a bit more on the Dub-step/Chill-step side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDyDKzpWBY0

Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    Good song-has nice breaks, beats and an awesome build-up!!

7. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I just checked... took it on 8/31 so about 3 weeks ago, which is about the time I finally started breaking through my plateau. I was hovering around 162 lbs in that back pic.

Well.....you look like you've added muscle and gotten leaner!! Very nice!!

8. Just like the acoustics in the bathroom make my singing better, I think the lighting makes my back look leaner lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Just like the acoustics in the bathroom make my singing better, I think the lighting makes my back look leaner lol
    Ha ha....you stole my line!! It's all about the lighting!!!

10. MON LOG

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: PSY - GANGNAM STYLE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

^ Reminds me of LMFAO, Korean style. I love that he's doing the pony; it's so ridiculous

OHP 2x5 @ 35lbs, 3x5 @40lbs
    DL 1x5@ 72 lbs, [email protected], 1x5 @ 92lbs
    DB Step Ups 3x10 @ 18lbs each
    RDL 3x12 @ 52lbs

Superset:
    Reverse Lunges 3x10 @ 18lbs each
    BB Calf Raises 3x15 @ 70lbs

RKC Planks 3x45sec

Been about 2 months since I've done deadlifts or squats because of hip issues. With the carb load yesterday as well as dosing Super Cissus RX for the past few days, I wanted to try and incorporate them back into my workout today. I went light but it felt pretty good doing them again! Don't know if I will be doing them regularly, maybe once every other week, but at least I know I can do them without feeling pain throughout the movement.

I also bought a Stability ball and it's the only thing I sit on now because it's comfortable on my hips. I also attempted to do Swiss ball leg curls. Let me just say, WOW, really felt it in my hammies! I was only able to do 2 sets of 3 - it's hard to balance myself and I kept falling off lol.

11. All about the lighting and getting the good side, like this shining example!

Ha ha....you stole my line!! It's all about the lighting!!!

12. WED LOG

Energy: 5/10
    [STOD]: Alex MORPH feat. Sylvia Tosun - An Angel's Love (Vocal Mix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEIo1pbonhs

Bent Over BBR 3x12 @52lbs
    BB Floor Press 1x12 @ 40, 2x12 @45lbs
    Kneeling Landmine Press 3x12 @ 40lbs
    BW Chair Dips 10,7
    Tricep EZ Curl Extensions 3x12 @16lbs
    RKC Plank 45,45,30sec

Workout lacked energy and motivation. One of those days where I felt like I was just going through the motions. Felt a bit of tightness in my chest during dips, right after Floor BB press, so I stopped at 2 sets and switched to EZ Tricep Curl extensions.

13. THURSDAY LOG

1 hr tennis

14. SAT LOG

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Natalia Kills - Wonderland (Dirty Freqs Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXhd...eature=related

OHP 2x5 @ 35lbs, [email protected], [email protected]
    DL [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    RDL 3x12 @52lbs
    DB Step Ups 3x10 @18 lbs
    1 hour tennis for cardio

Today's workout was meant for yesterday but I fell asleep early, and didn't wake up until 10 p.m. Woke up, ate some pickles, a cucumber and a tablespoon of PB and went back to bed lol. It felt great though! My body really needed the rest. Most nights I have trouble sleeping for numerous reasons, but I was able to sleep soundly last night so I took full advantage of that. And I think because of that I had a much better workout today. I've missed doing deads, it felt good to do those again. I've got to remind myself to keep the bar closer to my body when pulling, I felt it a bit in my lower back on the last set/last rep.

15. SUN LOG

50 min Zumba
    3x30sec RKC Plank
    BW Renegade Rows 3x10

Gotta up the cardio! Attempted some swiss ball hamstring curls buuut they are still super sore after DL/RDL last night!

16. MON LOG

[SOTD]: http://m.soundcloud.com/djchadtyson/...-party-vs-dire ~ thanks huggy ~

Bent over BBR 3x12 @52lbs
    DB Floor Press 3x12 @18lbs each
    Kneeling Landmine Press 3x10 @40lbs
    Skull Crushers [email protected]
    Bent over Reverse Fly 3x10 @ 8lbs each
    3x30 RKC Plank

BBR + planks at the end of my workout felt weaksauce today! I'll probably add in a few more planks later tonight once I've eaten. Absolutely no motivation to work out today, that is until about 5 minutes prior when I ate a fun sized butter finger! Haha that's bad! I know!

17. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    MON LOG

3x30 RKC Plank

BBR + planks at the end of my workout felt weaksauce today! I'll probably add in a few more planks later tonight once I've eaten. Absolutely no motivation to work out today, that is until about 5 minutes prior when I ate a fun sized butter finger! Haha that's bad! I know!
    When I have no motivation I usually promise myself a steak after my workout and it usually works...

18. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    When I have no motivation I usually promise myself a steak after my workout and it usually works...
    I try to eat sweets sparingly (I realize I had a butterfinger last night lol. I fit it in my macros!) so something like that would get me off the couch That and getting dressed in my workout clothes to put me in that state of mind. I'm already dressed so now I HAVE to work out lol.

19. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    MON LOG

3x30 RKC Plank

How did you like the skull crushers??

Speaking of planks.....have you seen this video on YouTube?? Hilarious, but make sure you turn the volume up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TV-XS2lKMw

20. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    How did you like the skull crushers??

Speaking of planks.....have you seen this video on YouTube?? Hilarious, but make sure you turn the volume up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TV-XS2lKMw
    They were good! I did them using a DB, laying down with back to the floor. Not much strain on my shoulders like Tricep EZ Curl Extensions. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6OzesdHCQ4

lol, that dog planking like a boss!

21. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I try to eat sweets sparingly (I realize I had a butterfinger last night lol. I fit it in my macros!) so something like that would get me off the couch That and getting dressed in my workout clothes to put me in that state of mind. I'm already dressed so now I HAVE to work out lol.

and if that does not work just watch a Rocky 4 training montage....

22. WED LOG

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: MOTIVATION Be Great, Powerful Beyond Measure II (someone had posted this in the forum a few weeks back!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STp1UtMrKR4

OHP 1x5 @ 35lbs, 4x5 @40lbs
    DL 1x5@ 82 lbs, [email protected], 1x5 @ 112lbs, [email protected]
    DB Step Ups 3x10 @ 18lbs each
    RDL 1x12 @ 52lbs, 2x12 @62lbs

Superset:
    Reverse Lunges 3x10 @ 18lbs each
    BB Calf Raises 3x15 @ 70lbs

20 min LISS Jogging

Went super hard today! Deadlifts wore me out - my arms and legs were shaking after my last set. I used the SOTD to get me through RDL and supersets at the end of my workout... let me just say it really pumped me up. I was so concentrated during RDL and super sets that at the end of my super sets everything (sweat, tears, pain) just hit me like a train and amplified all my emotions. I don't know what it was, nor can I explain it, but the speech really hit me right in the heart.

Anyway! So as if I didn't think almost passing out after supersets was enough, I figured I would throw in a LISS session too! Yay... Well, it's been a while since I've jogged and I had very little endurance - it was kind of embarrassing! I only found my stride about 3/4 of the way in. All in all, this work out kicked my ass and I have a feeling I will be very sore tomorrow...

23. THUR LOG

40 min kickbox cardio
    3x45 sec planks
    3x10 swiss ball pike*

Didn't have trouble keeping up with the cardio at all, but about 30 min in my knees were giving me problems. Been massaging them since I finished.

*I was so uncoordinated doing pikes. I attempted them a few times before I could properly balance myself. Kind of advanced for me but it really did hit my core!

24. Damn looks like you've really been killing it. Keep up the good work.

25. Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    Damn looks like you've really been killing it. Keep up the good work.
    Hey you!! Been wondering where ya went! Good to see you again friend, and thank you - it's been a whirlwind journey! I've been logging LG Rezolution Extreme as well. (in my sig if you're interested).

26. Yeah I've been reading it. I'm also glad to see you've been working them deads and squats back in lol

27. next time you do planks try reversing them. sit on a bench and lean back, pulling your feet off the ground and straighten as much as you can into a plank balancing only on your butt.

kills.

you've been doing good work, keep it up.

28. Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    Yeah I've been reading it. I'm also glad to see you've been working them deads and squats back in lol
    Not squats unfortunately But yes on the deads!

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    next time you do planks try reversing them. sit on a bench and lean back, pulling your feet off the ground and straighten as much as you can into a plank balancing only on your butt.

kills.

you've been doing good work, keep it up.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

29. FRI LOG

Energy: 6.5/10
    [SOTD]: Gareth Emery feat. Christina Novelli - Concrete Angel (John O'Callaghan Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkohT6P4IKg

BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    DB Floor Press 3x12 @ 22 lbs
    DB Skull Crushers 4x12 @ 22 lbs
    Reverse Flys 3x10 @ 10 lbs each
    1 hour tennis

Haven't had a good night's rest in maybe 4 days. Blahh.. so my energy levels are definitely lacking! Pepped myself up and once I got going with bb rows I was just determined to finish. I was more interested in tennis at that point lol; it's been raining for days and today we had glorious sunshine! Skull crushers felt strong and I even threw in an extra set
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM