gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 11 of 42 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    MON LOG
    ---------

Goal for this week: drop those stubborn 2 lbs, so I want to be 159 by the end of this week! *puts on my best warrior face*

Name:  showMEYourWarFace.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  41.4 KB

2. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Name:  showMEYourWarFace.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  41.4 KB
    That was hilarious!
    •   

3. Haha cute!

4. WED LOG
    ---------

Power Clean 5x5 @ 40lbs
    DB Sumo Squat 3x12 @ 20lbs
    Good Morning 5x5 @ 45lbs
    DB Step Ups 3x10 @ 15lbs each
    OHP 3x12 @ 33lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 15 lbs DB each - Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (30lbs)

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Dirty Talk - Wynter Gordon feat. David Guetta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betadlhZs2g

This past week I've been eating a small pre-wo meal. So far so good. I'm not sure how much it affects my workouts but I'm just happy to get some food in me after a night of fasting Decided to try some new exercises today for legs. Squats and DL still a no go - I still can feel a bit of soreness there after my workouts and when sitting. I'm new at Power Cleans so I warmed up with a lot of sets before I settled on 40 lbs. I'm going to continue to work on my form because I felt just a tad of strain on my lower back and knees and that didn't feel right. I also have this tendency to fling the bar a bit higher than it needs to go! It's a lot harder than it looks!

5. sub'd.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    sub'd.
    Glad to have ya on board.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    WED LOG
    ---------

Power Clean 5x5 @ 40lbs
    DB Sumo Squat 3x12 @ 20lbs
    Good Morning 5x5 @ 45lbs
    DB Step Ups 3x10 @ 15lbs each
    OHP 3x12 @ 33lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 15 lbs DB each - Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (30lbs)

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Dirty Talk - Wynter Gordon feat. David Guetta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=betadlhZs2g

This past week I've been eating a small pre-wo meal. So far so good. I'm not sure how much it affects my workouts but I'm just happy to get some food in me after a night of fasting Decided to try some new exercises today for legs. Squats and DL still a no go - I still can feel a bit of soreness there after my workouts and when sitting. I'm new at Power Cleans so I warmed up with a lot of sets before I settled on 40 lbs. I'm going to continue to work on my form because I felt just a tad of strain on my lower back and knees and that didn't feel right. I also have this tendency to fling the bar a bit higher than it needs to go! It's a lot harder than it looks!
    I have not tried working with weights fasted. I love the small meal 2 hours before. Always one cup of oatmeal, need2slin and a protein shake. How was the pump with the pre meal?

8. It's good! I probably need it more on my lifting days. Cardio not so much. BTW what is need2slin?

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I have not tried working with weights fasted. I love the small meal 2 hours before. Always one cup of oatmeal, need2slin and a protein shake. How was the pump with the pre meal?

9. THUR LOG
    ---------

1 Hr Zumba

5 min HIIT:
    Burpee with Jumping Jack
    Box Jumps
    20 sec on, 10 sec off x2

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: Dimaro Groove City (Original)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70l7p62UEKY

I was really, really, really dreading cardio today and needed something that was low impact on the hips, so I decided to try Zumba! It was a good workout, got me sweating a little bit. Then I ended my workout with a quick HIIT session, which after Zumba had my tank soaked! Good workout today, and glad it's over lol. My diet has been pretty good. I didn't eat very much after my workout yesterday. Actually I just took a shower and passed out, woke up around midnight and there were donuts on the counter - oh no! So... I mindlessly ate one. I felt kinda guilty but I didn't have much to eat that day! I definitely worked it off today though!

10. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    It's good! I probably need it more on my lifting days. Cardio not so much. BTW what is need2slin?
    Need2slin helps with carb disposal... definitely dont need those carbs on cardio days. I cycle my carbs down pretty low on no weight days...
    •   

11. Ahh okay Yeah, me neither. I've been tapering down on carbs for the past few days, both cardio + lifting days, to try and hit my goal!

Need2slin helps with carb disposal... definitely dont need those carbs on cardio days. I cycle my carbs down pretty low on no weight days...

12. Keep playing with your carb levels till you find your sweet spot. Right now I am around half a gram per pound bw and only around weight workouts.

13. subd, keep up the good work!!!!

14. WTF. Wait a minute. I did know about this log. I just never posted in here... no wonder I'm not getting notifications. Avenger sister, I have failed thee !

But I'm here now, DAMMIT!

Name:  lets_get_this_party_started_tshirt-p235763298303670215b6f99_400.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  30.0 KB
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

15. my day will not be complete w/out my Gokix daily checkin...

16. Aw thanks huggy! Thanks for the support & joining me on my journey BTW did you ever try Walden's Choco Syrup?

my day will not be complete w/out my Gokix daily checkin...

17. FRI LOG
    --------

Barbell Lunges 5x5 each leg @ 60lbs
    BBR 1x12 @ 52 lbs, 2x12 @ 62 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 50 lbs
    Superset:
    Incline DB Press 3x10 @ 17lbs each
    DB Rows 3x10 @ 12 lbs each
    BW Elevated Dips 1x10, 1x9, 1x9

Energy: 5/10
    [SOTD]: Taio Cruz - Troublemaker (Mike Candys 303 Bootleg)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ondu7wPXY4k

I had to drag my booty to the weights to workout today! Once things got going I was motivated to finish the workout in ~1hr and I did! Got a crazy sweat going during supersets, especially when finishing the set with elevated dips! Really felt the burn in my triceps and even when my tri's started giving out at 9 reps I still finished strong! Hamstrings felt tight all day so I've been stretching them here and there. Hoping these BCAA's will help me recover!

18. Welcome to the party

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    WTF. Wait a minute. I did know about this log. I just never posted in here... no wonder I'm not getting notifications. Avenger sister, I have failed thee !

But I'm here now, DAMMIT!

Name:  lets_get_this_party_started_tshirt-p235763298303670215b6f99_400.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  30.0 KB

19. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    Welcome to the party
    Party on girl!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

20. Haha I'm rocking out to the party playlist *does the robot*

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Party on girl!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!

21. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Aw thanks huggy! Thanks for the support & joining me on my journey BTW did you ever try Walden's Choco Syrup?
    Walden's is pretty good... Ty for the recommendation... Been putting it into fruit smoothies... it is yummy

22. Glad I could be of service.

Walden's is pretty good... Ty for the recommendation... Been putting it into fruit smoothies... it is yummy

23. Hey gokix I notice you did some sumo squats how did you like them? I love them as they don't bother my knees.

24. Likewise and because it's a wider stance it's more comfortable for my hips as well

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    Hey gokix I notice you did some sumo squats how did you like them? I love them as they don't bother my knees.

25. SAT LOG
    --------

1 Hr Zumba

I don't know how much calories I burned but I got a nice sweat going. This one was a little more intense than the other session

26. SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Grinding Contact Twists 3x10
    Renegade Rows 3x10 each side
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec
    Bird Dog 3x5 reps each side @ 10 sec hold

Bit of core work mixed with some hip flexor stretching. Lower back has felt tight/sore since last Thursday. After some googling, it looks like it might be a case of lordosis because when I look in the mirror my lumbar curve looks like it's curving inward and making my butt stick out when standing, more so than before. When I squeeze my glutes together my pelvis will rotate upwards and this feels like how it should be when standing. Hmmm... any advice on this would be appreciated.

27. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec

Bit of core work mixed with some hip flexor stretching. Lower back has felt tight/sore since last Thursday. After some googling, it looks like it might be a case of lordosis because when I look in the mirror my lumbar curve looks like it's curving inward and making my butt stick out when standing, more so than before. When I squeeze my glutes together my pelvis will rotate upwards and this feels like how it should be when standing. Hmmm... any advice on this would be appreciated.
    How did you like them renegade rows. Not sure on the pelvic rotation, lol

28. Killer ab workout I tried going faster on the positive and slower on the negative and nearly lost my balance; my abs were screaming lol.

How did you like them renegade rows. Not sure on the pelvic rotation, lol

29. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Killer ab workout I tried going faster on the positive and slower on the negative and nearly lost my balance; my abs were screaming lol.
    it takes a lil getting used to but its a cool movement...

Heavy db rows get my abs good too...

30. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec

Actually, you have an anterior pelvic tilt. This article should provide some good info for you:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...donald_duck&cr=
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM