gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 10 of 42 First ... 58910111215 ... Last
  1. Registered User

Back at ya

Quote Originally Posted by Big boy D View Post
    I don't know about the stretching thing. I think it's way over rated. 1.5 hours of it will do damage I would say. Stick to light/body weight kind of movements for that area. Stable movements like curls and leg press and more seated calf type stuff. Don't let it get to you. Lifting is about finding your angle. Thanks for the kotos!
    Squats do a booty good.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

on a side note, i highly recommend the jack3d micro... I tried some yesterday and it is amazing.... I was taking c4 for a preworkout, but this stuff is lilke night and day...
  3. Registered User

I've read that Jack3d is very potent and I have a friend that swears by it. I'm not very tolerant of stims, but for those that are, I'm sure it gives great pumps!

Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    on a side note, i highly recommend the jack3d micro... I tried some yesterday and it is amazing.... I was taking c4 for a preworkout, but this stuff is lilke night and day...
    Squats do a booty good.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I've read that Jack3d is very potent and I have a friend that swears by it. I'm not very tolerant of stims, but for those that are, I'm sure it gives great pumps!
    The micro is a bit different... Was not speedy at all, it was kind of like being on adderal... Very focused, solid energy levels...
  5. Registered User

I'm glad you found something better that is working for you

The micro is a bit different... Was not speedy at all, it was kind of like being on adderal... Very focused, solid energy levels...
    Squats do a booty good.
  6. Registered User

WED LOG
    ---------

Barbell Lunges 5x5 each leg @ 70lbs
    BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 10lbs Reverse Flys, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20lbs)
    Farmers Walk 3 sets @ 15 lbs each

Energy: 7.5/10
    [SOTD]: Avicii - Silouettes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESiTs4PbFNQ

Had petty good energy today - I think it's because I knew I didn't have to do squats, those usually takes a lot out of me! Hip still feeling tender/sore to the touch and when sitting; my foam roller should be arriving tomorrow or Friday at the latest. It's the J-Fit version, whatever that means. Today I substituted squats for Barbell Lunges - thanks Luke! For some reason this doesn't bother my hip as much. I'm saying that now, but we'll see if that's the case tomorrow morning, lol. Also added in farmer's walk, could have upped the weight but for my first time I kept it lighter and just walked for a longer distance. Felt the burn all up and down my arm!
    Squats do a booty good.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Good to hear your spirits are up. It plays a big part.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I would just do leg extensions until the hip starts feeling healed. Some drop sets with that machine will tear up the quads.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811
    WED LOG
    ---------

BBR 3x12 @ 52 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 45 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 10lbs Reverse Flys, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20lbs)
    Farmers Walk 3 sets @ 15 lbs each

Energy: 7.5/10
    [SOTD]: Avicii - Silouettes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESiTs4PbFNQ

Had petty good energy today - I think it's because I knew I didn't have to do squats, those usually takes a lot out of me! Hip still feeling tender/sore to the touch and when sitting; my foam roller should be arriving tomorrow or Friday at the latest. It's the J-Fit version, whatever that means. Today I substituted squats for Barbell Lunges - thanks Luke! For some reason this doesn't bother my hip as much. I'm saying that now, but we'll see if that's the case tomorrow morning, lol. Also added in farmer's walk, could have upped the weight but for my first time I kept it lighter and just walked for a longer distance. Felt the burn all up and down my arm!
    No worries glad I could help how's your new kcal's/macros plan working out for you?
    Mind and Muscle board representative.
  10. Registered User

Good to hear your spirits are up. It plays a big part.
    Thanks! Everyone has been giving me great suggestions, and that helps too

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I would just do leg extensions until the hip starts feeling healed. Some drop sets with that machine will tear up the quads.
    I think I might have to switch out Deadlifts too. I was going to try for a lighter weight tomorrow, but I don't know if that would be a smart thing to do since my hip flexibility/mobility isn't the greatest right now. Do you think my other muscles would end up compensating? The popular opinion seems to be to switch out to leg extensions, I should get on that! What about hitting hammies and glutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    No worries glad I could help how's your new kcal's/macros plan working out for you?
    About that, I dropped 2lbs (prob mostly water weight) within the first 3 days or so. I was like !! but I was HUNGRY the morning after, still am! Maintained at 161 lbs last week, but this week I am back up ~2lbs. My hip has been an issue so I haven't been getting in much cardio either.

Carb intake for off days is ~30-40g or lower. Intake for on days ~100g. Been adding in more fats (coconut oil, fattier cuts of meat like 93/7 ground beef or ground chicken, PB) ~60g/on, ~80g/off. I'm trying to get more protein in too, like yesterday, my total intake was 190g!
    Squats do a booty good.
  11. Registered User

Oh, and I made this flaxseed/protein pancake yesterday! Def gonna add these into my diet more often

Name:  9krpzk.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  24.0 KB
    Squats do a booty good.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

I've been wanting to try something like this. Do you mind shearing the recipe?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Thanks! Everyone has been giving me great suggestions, and that helps too

I think I might have to switch out Deadlifts too. I was going to try for a lighter weight tomorrow, but I don't know if that would be a smart thing to do since my hip flexibility/mobility isn't the greatest right now. Do you think my other muscles would end up compensating? The popular opinion seems to be to switch out to leg extensions, I should get on that! What about hitting hammies and glutes?

I would shy away from any hip hinge movements until you get healed up. Hammies should not be an issue. If your gym has a seated hamstring curl then that would be ideal. Glutes are another issue though because most things involve the hips hinging. You could try bird dogs and really squeeze the glutes during the hold.

About that, I dropped 2lbs (prob mostly water weight) within the first 3 days or so. I was like !! but I was HUNGRY the morning after, still am! Maintained at 161 lbs last week, but this week I am back up ~2lbs. My hip has been an issue so I haven't been getting in much cardio either.

Carb intake for off days is ~30-40g or lower. Intake for on days ~100g. Been adding in more fats (coconut oil, fattier cuts of meat like 93/7 ground beef or ground chicken, PB) ~60g/on, ~80g/off. I'm trying to get more protein in too, like yesterday, my total intake was 190g!
    Cardio is tricky right now as far as the hip. For now you could just try really short rest intervals between sets to keep the heart rate rocking. This gets me pretty winded and is what I do when cutting. Lastly, always make it a point to hit your protein goal each day. Then get the other macros in.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less View Post
    I've been wanting to try something like this. Do you mind shearing the recipe?
    Loosely based on a recipe I found here:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=560784

This recipe is uber simple and lo-carb! Feel free to use/substitute whatever else you think would taste good if you don't like flaxseed, you will be able to tell the batter is made of flaxseed when eating it. Some alternatives: whole wheat flour, ground up plain oats, almond flour, whole egg instead of egg whites, heavy cream. Be sure to mix the dry ingredients thoroughly. I tweaked mines a bit:

2T flaxseed and 1/2 scoop Dymatize Banana Nut Protein powder (The protein I had on hand)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    2-3 packets Stevia
    1 tblsp cinnamon (I like it cinnamon-y!)
    1/2 cup Egg Whites (already had the carton)*
    SF Syrup for topping

*note: 1/2 cup egg whites was actually a bit too much making the battery more watery. I'd try 1/4 cup of egg whites first and then whisk together; slowly add more until you get desired texture.
    Squats do a booty good.
  15. Registered User

Very informative post! Appreciate the advice, thanks!

Cardio is tricky right now as far as the hip. For now you could just try really short rest intervals between sets to keep the heart rate rocking. This gets me pretty winded and is what I do when cutting. Lastly, always make it a point to hit your protein goal each day. Then get the other macros in.
    Squats do a booty good.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

I'm trying to get more protein in too, like yesterday, my total intake was 190g!
    good girl!!!!
  17. Registered User

FRI LOG
    --------

Complexes 3x10 @ 20 lbs
    Kettle Swings
    Lunges
    Squats
    Up / Downs

Barbell Lunges 3x10 @ 45 lbs
    Leg extensions 3x12
    Seated Leg curls 3x12

15 min bike

Good workout today. Went to the gym so I could hit up the machines. Lunges don't bother my hips very much, but I tried squatting with the bar and it still aggravated my hip so I had to stop. I'll have to lay off those for a while. My foam roller arrived yesterday and I spent about 30 min stretching my quads, hammies, and glutes. Glutes have been sore for about 2 days so I def felt the tightness of the muscle during the foam roll! OMG! I felt like someone had punched me really hard! It was not fun but it did feel better after.
    Squats do a booty good.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Sounds like a great time.they say the rollers help. I just can't see myself doing it. Some 230-250 pound guy rolling away in the corner of the gym. nothing wrong with it but my ego but I just can't. I know, I know....
  19. Registered User

Sounds like a great time.they say the rollers help. I just can't see myself doing it. Some 230-250 pound guy rolling away in the corner of the gym. nothing wrong with it but my ego but I just can't. I know, I know....
    Haha I foam roll in the comfort of my home! I probably look uncoordinated as hell doing it
    Squats do a booty good.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Ummm
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Have you experimented with different foot placements when squatting: wider,narrower,etc? As you have, I'm sure, gotten stronger and the weight has increased,now the form has brought out this issue. Just a thought. Play around with different foot positions next time and see if this alleviates the issue.
  22. Registered User

I had someone critique my squat and their assessment was that I was not creating a tight shelf on my upper body for which to rest the bar on, sticking out my chest too far, and so when I bent down into the squat my hips had to compensate because my upper body was not kept tight at all times. I guess this means I need to practice more because once I hit below parallel now it becomes very uncomfortable. I squat high bar so my foot position is about shoulder length apart, but I'll try different foot positions, thanks AZ!

Have you experimented with different foot placements when squatting: wider,narrower,etc? As you have, I'm sure, gotten stronger and the weight has increased,now the form has brought out this issue. Just a thought. Play around with different foot positions next time and see if this alleviates the issue.
    Squats do a booty good.
  23. Registered User

SAT LOG
    --------

Contact Twists 3x10
    Grinding Contact Twists 3x10
    Renegade Rows 3x10 each side
    Planks 3x30 sec
    Back Bridges 3x30 sec
    Bird Dog 3x5 reps each side @ 10 sec hold

[SOTD]: Lindsey Stirling- Crystallize
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

This song randomly came on my Pandora station. Violin dub-step, but not overly dub-step and a slower tempo. Love the intro - it's an awesome track. Check it out.

After doing some core work I realize how weak my lower back is. Hip still uncomfy at times. My order or Iforce Compete came in and I gotta say it's pretty yummy! I mixed it in with some left over Vitamin Zero water and I've been sipping on it for the past hour.
    Squats do a booty good.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

are you feeling better? have your sides subsided?

I have been riding the jack3d micro train for about a week and it has been very good to me.... I know you dont like stims but this feels pretty smooth from an energy standpoint. Might be worth picking up a trial just to see if you can tolerate it...
  25. Registered User

Oh you mean from the ECY? Yes those have subsided, thankfully! Some days I will take Reduce XT and I limit that to 1/day. I don't know if you saw, but there's a Jack3d promo going on right now. Entries are photoshopped pictures with a tub of Jack3d. I was messing around and came up with this lol

Jack3d Micro AKA "the relationship ender", overnight best seller at NP!!! GIVEAWAY

are you feeling better? have your sides subsided?

I have been riding the jack3d micro train for about a week and it has been very good to me.... I know you dont like stims but this feels pretty smooth from an energy standpoint. Might be worth picking up a trial just to see if you can tolerate it...
    Squats do a booty good.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  257 lbs.

Oh you mean from the ECY? Yes those have subsided, thankfully! Some days I will take Reduce XT and I limit that to 1/day. I don't know if you saw, but there's a Jack3d promo going on right now. Entries are photoshopped pictures with a tub of Jack3d. I was messing around and came up with this lol

Jack3d Micro AKA "the relationship ender", overnight best seller at NP!!! GIVEAWAY

saw those... very funny...
  27. Registered User

Thanks I hope others think so too

saw those... very funny...
    Squats do a booty good.
  28. Registered User

SUN LOG
    --------

[SOTD]: Ellie Goulding - High For This (The Weeknd Cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7e-...eature=related

HIIT Pyramid Active Intervals:
    15 - 30 - 45 - 30 - 15 Seconds
    15 sec rest between each

High Knees
    Toe Touch Crunches
    Burpees
    Squat and Pass
    Back Bow
    Mountain Climbers

Took about 30 min from start to finish and then I stretched for 15 minutes. This workout kicked my @$$!!
    Squats do a booty good.
  29. Registered User

MON LOG
    ---------

BBR 2x12 @ 52 lbs, 1x12 @ 62 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @ 50 lbs
    Superset 3x10 incline DB press (15lbs each), DB Rows (12lbs), Barbell Pullovers (20lbs)
    Farmers Walk 4 sets @ 27 lbs each
    15 min @10% incline, 2mph

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: TI- Got Your Back ft Keri Hilson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIxu8YUGYF8

Despite getting very little sleep I had a good workout. Core is sore from toe touches yesterday. I've dropped my cal intake to ~1900 on workout days and ~1450 on "cardio" days and ~1350 on "off" days. I found full length Bootcamp/Yoga videos on youtube, so I'll probably use that as my cardio this week. So far I've been been sitting at 161 lbs for the past few days... but!

Goal for this week: drop those stubborn 2 lbs, so I want to be 159 by the end of this week! *puts on my best warrior face*
    Squats do a booty good.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.

Your workouts look great!!!! Keep pushing those weights.

Ellie Golding is awesome btw! Good choice!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 07:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:35 AM