gokix's summer kickoff!

Page 10 of 51 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I had a banana and greek yogurt pre-wo today. Intensity of workout was pretty much the same, although my right hip and knees were bothering me a bit. I was a little less tired because I had some food in me. I'm not waiting until 5p.m. to eat!

Dosed Yohimbine with my meal and can feel the effects already. Almost positive it's the Yohimbine that's been giving me issues.
    My perfect pre workout meal is oatmeal and some casein powder about 2 hours before a workout... When i get that down i usually have an excellent gym session.

2. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    My perfect pre workout meal is oatmeal and some casein powder about 2 hours before a workout... When i get that down i usually have an excellent gym session.
    I forgot I had oatmeal. I might try that for Wednesday's workout.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I forgot I had oatmeal. I might try that for Wednesday's workout.
    Soo good... people are going to look at you like you have 3 heads for eating in late in the day...

I have pomegranate infused craisins with mine....

4. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    Soo good... people are going to look at you like you have 3 heads for eating in late in the day...

I have pomegranate infused craisins with mine....
    Yummy! I mix in some natty PB and some Walden's Choc. Syrup - it's delish

5. making me hungry now, lol...
    •   

6. going to have to try some of this walden chocolate syrup you speak of...

7. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    going to have to try some of this walden chocolate syrup you speak of...
    Personally, I think it tastes better than Sugar Free Choc. Syrup (which has 15cals and 4g carb per serving ) I add it to my oatmeal and plain GY Walden's also makes a strawberry syrup which is delicious! These are usually found in the organic aisle. Price is around $3.99 a bottle; sometimes it will be on sale for $3.29. I've tried some of the salad dressings as well but those can be hit or miss.

8. WED LOG
    ---------

Front squats 1x12 @ 60 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @90 lbs
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 85 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 33 lbs
    Superset - 3x10 @ 12lbs Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (37lbs)

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Kevin Rudolf - I Made It (Mother Superior Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99nOAoz_3Jk

Beat up my quads today, man! After supersets they were on fiyahhhhhhH! Didn't feel very motivated at the beginning of my workout - just one of those days where my mind wasn't in it. But after a good set of deads the rest of the workout went well. Left hip still bothering me a little bit, so I'll have to keep an eye out on that and make sure to rest! Also taking a break from E/C because I'm beginning to feel asthmatic. Experiencing shortness of breath for like 2 days now. Lowering my cals on workout days to ~2100, and it seems to be working, but it's only been 3 days so we'll see!

9. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    WED LOG
    ---------

Front squats 1x12 @ 60 lbs
    Squats 3x12 @90 lbs
    RDL 1x12 @ 65 lbs
    DL 3x12 @ 85 lbs
    OP 3x12 @ 33 lbs
    Superset - 3x10 @ 12lbs Reverse Lunges, Calf Raises, RDL (37lbs)

Energy: 7/10
    [SOTD]: Kevin Rudolf - I Made It (Mother Superior Remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99nOAoz_3Jk

Beat up my quads today, man! After supersets they were on fiyahhhhhhH! Didn't feel very motivated at the beginning of my workout - just one of those days where my mind wasn't in it. But after a good set of deads the rest of the workout went well. Left hip still bothering me a little bit, so I'll have to keep an eye out on that and make sure to rest! Also taking a break from E/C because I'm beginning to feel asthmatic. Experiencing shortness of breath for like 2 days now. Lowering my cals on workout days to ~2100, and it seems to be working, but it's only been 3 days so we'll see!
    I would back off the supps that are bothering you for a bit and just enjoy training... Get some new music on the ipod, switch up the routine...

10. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I would back off the supps that are bothering you for a bit and just enjoy training... Get some new music on the ipod, switch up the routine...
    I've been on a trance kick lately! And yeah, added in supersets like 2 weeks ago

11. THUR LOG
    ---------

30 min walk, 10% incline @ 2mph
    Full Contact Twist 3x10
    Grinding Full Contact Twist 3x10
    DB Hip Thrust 3x10 @ 10 lbs

Phewww. Getting winded more easily doing LISS; it's hard to get full breathes in, most likely due to the supps I was taking. I'm liking the contact twists, and can really feel it working my core! Added in DB Hip Thrusts as well to work on my glute activation!

12. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    THUR LOG
    ---------

30 min walk, 10% incline @ 2mph
    Full Contact Twist 3x10
    Grinding Full Contact Twist 3x10
    DB Hip Thrust 3x10 @ 10 lbs

Phewww. Getting winded more easily doing LISS; it's hard to get full breathes in, most likely due to the supps I was taking. I'm liking the contact twists, and can really feel it working my core! Added in DB Hip Thrusts as well to work on my glute activation!
    try some renegade rows on your core day... they are pretty bad ass...

13. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    try some renegade rows on your core day... they are pretty bad ass...

Okay I had to youtube that, haha! Yes, I've seen those before - like a plank and row rolled into one. Thanks for the suggestion

14. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Okay I had to youtube that, haha! Yes, I've seen those before - like a plank and row rolled into one. Thanks for the suggestion
    they hurt, but in a good way....

15. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    they hurt, but in a good way....
    Nothing worth having comes easy

16. FRI LOG
    --------

Front Squat 1x12 @ 60lbs
    Squats 3x12 @ 90 lbs
    Bench 3x12 @50lbs
    Bent Over Rows 4x12 @ 52 lbs
    Superset 3x10 @ 10 lbs - Reverse Fly, DB Rows, Barbell Pullovers (20 lbs)

Energy: 6/10
    [SOTD]: Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay - In My Mind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRcrZ8CC2Vo

Woke up this morning and my shoulders were sore as a mutha!!! Could barely lift my shoulders all day because I didn't expect them to be sore after full contact twists yesterday. Now I know better than to do them the day before arms lol. Live and learn! Sore shoulders continued throughout workout and I really felt them during my superset, sooo DOMS tomorrow is gonna be fun! +

17. Icy hot is your friend!

18. Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Icy hot is your friend!
    It's still a bit sore today, but not as bad as yesterday thankfully

19. Looked at the thread a little. Sounds like you know a bunch about the IF diet. I have a few questions I posted on a thread above yours. Can you help?

20. Gokix,

have you tried doing power cleans/hang cleans,clean and press, or clean and jerk? It's a great compound movement exercise! Burns a lot of calories! It's used a lot in crossfit as well!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Gokix,

have you tried doing power cleans/hang cleans,clean and press, or clean and jerk? It's a great compound movement exercise! Burns a lot of calories! It's used a lot in crossfit as well!
    I have not. Are those considered Olympic lifts? Well I've seen them on there anyway

22. Happy B-day!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

23. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Happy B-day!
    Thank you sir

24. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    I have not. Are those considered Olympic lifts? Well I've seen them on there anyway
    Yeah, if you watched any of the weightlifting on the Olympics you've seen em! I don't like doing the lift called "the snatch" though! It just makes me feel dirty!

25. Quote Originally Posted by Axillist View Post
    Yeah, if you watched any of the weightlifting on the Olympics you've seen em! I don't like doing the lift called "the snatch" though! It just makes me feel dirty!
    Oh man, LOL! I'm sure your gf gets a kick out of it though

I wonder how I'd fit some of those into my program without feeling like I am over-training?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Before 2007 Summer - 2010 Summer, ~25 lbs
    By mawalega in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 08:35 PM
  2. Summer Cut
    By bigpapa in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM
  4. Prop Kickoff
    By Crotalus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:35 AM