The Things Cutting Log

Thing2594

Awards
Hey guys,this is my first post. Ive had the app to this forum on my iPhone for a while but finally felt the need to post! Needless to say I have learned quite a bit from creeping around on here ;). Tomorrow I'm starting my diet after 2 long weeks off of training. I've been bulking since early December and since then I've gone from 190 at 24% bf to 220 at 26% bf. I'm super stoked to be starting my new diet a friend of mine helped me with and getting as lean as I possibly can. For those wondering I have a few things wrong with me lol. Gyno from puberty,a sciatic nerve that acts up whenever it feels like,and upper back pain. Anyways... Enough with my rambling!
Meal plan:
Meal 1:46 g whey,1 cp oats
Meal 2:8 oz chicken,1 cp rice
Meal 3:8 oz chicken,6 oz yam
Meal 4:8 oz chicken,1/2 cp rice
Meal 5:46 g whey
Meal 6:8 oz tilapia
Split:
Day 1:Chest/calves
Day 2:Legs/abs
Day 3:Arms
Day 4:Rest
Day 5:Delts/calves
Day 6:Back/abs
Day 7:Rest

Thing2594

Awards
Delts/calves(Favorite day of the week)
Military press 4x12,10,8,8
Side lateral raise 3x12,10,10
Upright row(db) 3x10,10,8
Rear lateral raise 3x12,12,12
Face pulls(slow as phuck) 3x12,12,12
Seated calf raises 5x20
Standing calf raises(on stair case lol) 3x20

fsu1fan

Awards
Sounds like the bulk phase worked well for ya so I'm sure the cut one will as well. The 30 pound gain with only 2% bf that's great. I'll be watching your log

Thing2594

Awards
Thanks man! I was eating literally EVERYTHING I could find!
My diet sucked pretty bad though lol.
Meal 1: 2 microwavable pizzas
Meal 2: whole package of whole grain pasta,12 oz chicken breast,2 tbs pb
Meal 3: 3 cps brown rice, 12 oz steak,1 tbs olive oil
Meal 4: 2 triple cheese burgers w/ fries or as much sushi as I can eat!
Meal 5: 46 g whey,1 cp oats,1/2 cp sugar,banana,2tbs pb

fsu1fan

Awards
I'd day you was eating anything u could find but still not totally bad..I'm just getting into the whole nutrition part of working out. I've always just lifted an the way my job is I had to eat whatever but now I'm really trying so watching your blog will help me I think

Thing2594

Awards
Lol I got into nutrition a few months before I started lifting. I'm studying to be a nutritionist atm. I love helping people. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Thing2594

Awards
Changed split for the week as I get bored easily if the split stays the same. I may stick to this one for 2-3 weeks as I've enjoyed this split before.
Day 1: Delts/abs
Day 2: Arms/calves
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Chest/abs
Day 6: Back/calves
Day 7: Rest

fsu1fan

Awards
Thanks for the help if I need it. I'm really just eating protein and a good carb every 2-3 hours. My days change every week as I work two evenings two midnights and one dayshift so being on anything set Is really hard. I also get bored with the same workout but I'm trying the fst-7 an it's working pretty good I'm in my 2nd week though so it may change

Thing2594

Awards
Any time bro. I tried fst-7 a while back. Worked ok but I ended up tearing my forearm and now my right arm twitches on the negative when I curl :/. Ive hated arm day ever since. Personally I've had better results with regular shock training(sets of 100+ reps).

fsu1fan

Awards
100 reps!! The 15-20 on fst-7 kills me. Lol, I'll try it a few more weeks then move on to something new.I'm always looking for something new every day so I can change it up month to month or every two months depends on how it feels after a few weeks.

Thing2594

Awards
Heres a leg w/o I used with the set of 100. Found it in one of my folders on my laptop I loved this workout like a child!
1a Squat 4x8-12
1b Bw squat 4x20-25

2a Front squat 4x8-12
2b Leg ext 4x25-30

3a Db lunges 4x8-12
3b Standing ham curl 4x8-12

4a Rdl 4x8-12
4b 1 leg bw Deadlifts 4x20-25

5 Leg press 1x100
I'd use 300-400lbs depending on how I feel but the trick I'd use is to stop every time I reach failure for 10 secs.

fsu1fan

Awards
I may try that tomorrow cause it's leg day, thanks for sharing. I'll prolly be dead and not able to walk Wednesday

Thing2594

Awards
Lol you just might throw up too. But if your up for it you'll enjoy it for sure.
Delts and abs have been trashed.
1: Db Snatch 5x6
2A: Db Side raises4x8
2B: Db Front raises4x8
3 Upright row4x12
4A: Rear delt fly4x15
4B: Face pulls4x15
then did something super untraditional for abs... I used th Shoulder girdle blast by Scott Abel(probably one of the best coaches ever) it basically uses swinging movements. I felt it literally everywhere. Shoulders were on fire. Glutes shot. Back died. Abs were pumped like a mofo. Most importantly I did my cardio without any cardio machines today :).
1 arm clean and pressx5
1 arm front db swingx5
lateral throws from floorx5
heavy bent over lateralsx5
repeated circuit 3 times. Over the weeks I will progress to 5 sets. For now... I'm covered in sweat and can't breath... good night.

fsu1fan

Awards
Been off work a couple days haven't checked in. I got to 55 and quit lol

fsu1fan

Awards
I'm half I did cause now it's Friday and my legs are still sore I can barely sit on anything!!!! Haven't been like this in a while. Now just waiting for the Arnold, me and some buds are going up, u ever been?

Thing2594

Awards
Weighed in at 216.2lbs today so no changes in my diet. Still no cardio and I'm planning on going as long as I can without doing any cardio. Lmao yehhh I go a while without walking after I do legs. Good thing I have a dungeon in my garage :). No sadly I haven't been. I might be going to the arnolds next year though.

fsu1fan

Awards
I found that a mile jog three times a week helps keep fat at bay while gaining mass. I've been to arnolds twice and u pay $15 to get in and u walk out with around $300 worth of supplement samples and t-shirts plus see alot of the big name bodybuilders!!

Thing2594

Awards
Lol I remember when I wasn't too lazy to do cardio. I'd jog 4 miles every morning. Now I don't even think about cardio. I go as far as I can through my cutting phase with just weights/diet then I add a few weighted circuits a week after my workouts. I played around with a few this week just for fun but I'm not keeping them in. Weight down to 208.5. Shoulders and chest are looking a bit fuller but that's most likely due to the fatloss.