Kleen Crashes Head first into fat loss using Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay today marks the beginning of my Crash Diet. I am going to be incorporating the Crash Diet from Lyle MacDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook into the Lean Gains 16/8 windows. I let myself get a bit out of control recently and to bring things back in under control and kick start my discipline again I am going to do Lyle's Crash Diet. I won't go to into it right here but basically it is 1-1.5 g protein per lb of LBM. You take in as little trace carbs and fat as possible other than 6 fish oil caps a day and a multi-vitamin.

Now being that I am already still decently in shape, I will only be doing 1 short round of the diet which will be 11 days of extremely low cals, and carbs somewhere in the 1200-1400 cals range. After which I do a 3 day carb up where I take in about 800 carbs one day 400 the next and say 200 the 3rd day at which point I will begin eating maintenance for 2 weeks before dropping cals again which will only be a small drop to get the fat moving again and I will spend the rest of the diet in a more relaxed dieting mode.

Basically I will eat 3 times on weight training days.

Will look like this
:
4AM, 6AM, 8 AM, 10 AM aminos 12:00PM Break fast with 100g protein 20 of it coming from fat free cottage cheese, 3:30 PM 50-60 grams protien, dinner 100 grams protein 20 coming from cottage cheese.

I will eat 2 times on cardio days.

Will look like this:
4AM, 6AM, 8 AM, 10 AM, 12:00 PM and 2:00PM aminos 3:30PM Break fast with 100g protein 20 of it coming from fat free cottage cheese, 7:00 PM Dinner = 100 grams protein 20 coming from cottage cheese. I can take my protein all the way to 250 here also if I want to but for now going with 200 on off days.

In theory I should lose anywhere from 11-20 lbs total bodyweight and 4-7 lbs of actuall fat mass in the 2 week period with minimal if any muscle loss. I am hoping this gets me down to where I prefer to be and then I can diet down to however lean I want once I have given myself this headstart.

I weighed myself this morning and was 218 lbs. A decent amount of this is water and glycogen from all the festive eating last week I would put my hovering weight around 212, but tipping the scales at 218 right now. I will take some pics either tonight or tomorrow and look around some more for my calipers. I will also take a couple measurements.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Stats and Pics

Stats and Pics

2/6/2012 Starting Weight 218 lbs. I will try to get some measurements and before pics tomorrow morning.
2/7/2012 Weight is 215, waist measurement this morning was 38 inches just above belly button. I am big, I haven't been this big in a while.
Progress 2-7-12.jpg

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Sounds like hell lol

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see your results brotha! Give it hell.

218! Niceee. I am sure you added some muscle along the way.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like hell lol
Yeah it does, but sometimes it is fun to go to hell and turn on the heat just to forge a stronger you.

Yeah that 218 is definitely a lot of glycogen but I have definitely added a little muscle while getting fat. I don't look as bad as I would have expected for 218 lbs. Shoulders are thick and round, arms are up almost 1/2 inch right now. Legs are feeling pretty thick too. Unfortunately so is the waist line...

In for this brother.
Thanks Jeff!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yes he did add some muscle. I was able to see him over the weekend and he looked solid. Like a built brickhouse. To me he looked thicker in the chest and his arms were definitely full. I was in awe.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting concept here. I will be following

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Protein Sources and amounts.

Protein Sources and amounts.

12 oz chicken breast
Protein 78.54 g
Fats 4.23 g
carbs 0g

12oz Tilapia
Protein 72 g
Fat 6g
Carbs Og

12oz Pork Loin
Protein 72g
Fat 12
carbs 0

12 oz Salmon
Protein 73.5g
Fat 20.5g
Carbs 0

12 oz Sirloin
Protein 75.6g
Fat 12g
Carbs 0g

1 cup fat free cottage cheese
Protein 26 g
Fat 0g
Carbs 10g

1 scoop Syngex Protein Powder
protein 20
Fat 1.5
Carbs 2
4 scoops Syngex Protein Powder
80 grams protein, 6 fat, and 8 carbs.

MRM protein powder 1 scoop
Protein - 22g
Fat - 3g
Carb - 3g

3.5 scoops
77p, 10.5f, 10.5c

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah that 218 is definitely a lot of glycogen but I have definitely added a little muscle while getting fat. I don't look as bad as I would have expected for 218 lbs. Shoulders are thick and round, arms are up almost 1/2 inch right now. Legs are feeling pretty thick too. Unfortunately so is the waist line...
My waist is up like 2" or so as well, however my skinfolds have not increased much at all. I think with all the added food, and bloat it just inflates the waist measurement. As long as I can still see remnants of of abs I am going to push on..lol

In for pics!

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got to watch this ride. Good luck, bro!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting concept here. I will be following
Thanks I put a lot of faith in what Lyle says. All of his diets have worked well for me. I need something extreme to kick my mind out of the placating funk I was in so this is my plan.

Glad to have you!

Yep! Dry except for seasoning and maybe some picante and stuff.

Subbed bro!
Kill it!
Matt what up playa? Glad to have you here too.

My waist is up like 2" or so as well, however my skinfolds have not increased much at all. I think with all the added food, and bloat it just inflates the waist measurement. As long as I can still see remnants of of abs I am going to push on..lol

In for pics!
Yeah that is more than likely just visceral fat. I tend to carry quite a bit of it myself. So I can put on a lot of weight and still have a little bit of abs showing but my waist line is thick like an oak. Right now the shadows of abs are so minor they may just be a memory and not a reality. LOL I get that turtle shell look before my abs completely go into hiding. My gut just gets fat but the subcutaneous fat does not really get much thicker.

I've got to watch this ride. Good luck, bro!
Thanks Brother, should be fun. I like the idea of keeping more mass. I think with me infusing my fast periods with the aminos plus the high protein I should be able to maintain my muscle mass or most all of it. I am of course not counting in the weight that will come off from water and glycogen. As a matter of fact after my final carb up I should be full of glyco too so we will really see how much I lost.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
In this one for sure man. Hope it works out well.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm pondering a hard crash diet as well for myself, as I want to be looking better for the Arnold

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really interested in how this goes for you Kleen! Subbed brother!

biglifter85

biglifter85

Awards
I have always wondered about such a thing. Good luck and I will be following!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I'm watching, Chris :) Got a copy of the book to read through as well, since it looks interesting.

~Rosie~

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In this one for sure man. Hope it works out well.
Thanks Brother
Good Luck brotha! SUbbed in!
Grunt! Nice to have ya in here man.

i'm pondering a hard crash diet as well for myself, as I want to be looking better for the Arnold
Love it! Yeah I have just gotten fed up and need something intense and challenging to get my mind back into the "Go Mode" instead of the cruise mode.
Really interested in how this goes for you Kleen! Subbed brother!
Me too it is always nice to start something different and exciting.
I have always wondered about such a thing. Good luck and I will be following!
Yeah, I have read a few and like what he has to say about protein sparing and what not.
Welcome!

You know I'm watching, Chris :) Got a copy of the book to read through as well, since it looks interesting.

~Rosie~
Good stuff, it is not a long read at all. From what I can tell it is as sound of a crash diet approach as I have ever seen.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late, but SUB'd!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So how was your first day training with the new diet. Mine was ok definetily could tell I was carb depleted. lol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff, it is not a long read at all. From what I can tell it is as sound of a crash diet approach as I have ever seen.
Yeah, I read it during the rare quiet and unbusy time at work this morning. Was definitely interesting. I'm tempted to give it a shot, if only for a couple of weeks, before the refeed (since I'd be Category 1), if the last couple of weeks had not shown me that "dieting" does nothing for my body, going backwards or making minimal progress, only to go backwards again. But, considering it, as I start back on all my staples tomorrow, and they have been missing since my injuries in December.

~Rosie~

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I read it during the rare quiet and unbusy time at work this morning. Was definitely interesting. I'm tempted to give it a shot, if only for a couple of weeks, before the refeed (since I'd be Category 1), if the last couple of weeks had not shown me that "dieting" does nothing for my body, going backwards or making minimal progress, only to go backwards again. But, considering it, as I start back on all my staples tomorrow, and they have been missing since my injuries in December.

~Rosie~
Go for it Rosie. I am doing it as well I am using the Category 3 even though I am almost in the Category 2. :disappointed:

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the PSMF he suggests to do no exercise right? Or at most 30-45 minute SS cardio? I read it A LONG time ago. But yea it should work. I have done a diet similar to that and it worked... granted I was still not even as lean as I am now eating 3k+ cals a day working out only 3x a week with no cardio.... But I'm a lot smarter with food choices.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
really interested to see hwo this go, i relaly liek teh set up, good luck!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good luck w/ this, Kleen!!! Gonna have to chech this book out!!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Man this is tough! Wow...You really are going to be using a lot of tupperware for this one. Prepare all of your meals in ADVANCE and just carry a fork or spoon in your bag! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go for it Rosie. I am doing it as well I am using the Category 3 even though I am almost in the Category 2. :disappointed:
Thinking about it, Jeff. Not sure about the lack of carbohydrates though, since my body has shown me over and over again that it makes the BEST progress when I'm having >400 grams of them a day. Even 100 grams a day is getting a little low for me. But, I can always give two weeks a shot and see how it goes. Maybe from next week. If I do, I'll be sure to log it - have a new log up now, for weekly updates.

For the PSMF he suggests to do no exercise right? Or at most 30-45 minute SS cardio? I read it A LONG time ago. But yea it should work. I have done a diet similar to that and it worked... granted I was still not even as lean as I am now eating 3k+ cals a day working out only 3x a week with no cardio.... But I'm a lot smarter with food choices.
Yeah, he does. If I did it, I'd be doing my Maintenance training though. Nothing less.

~Rosie~

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tear it up kleen

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome back Chris!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Late, but SUB'd!!
Welcome Al!
So how was your first day training with the new diet. Mine was ok definetily could tell I was carb depleted. lol
Day one was not too bad. 12 ox chicken, 15 spears of asparugus, 1 cup cottage cheese for fast breaker and 12 oz pork loin 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 cup green beans for dinner.

~Rosie~
Could be a fun experiment regardless. I have a feeling that for you and I this will work pretty nicely as a boost back into an area we are more comfortable with our physiques. In our scenario I actually like the idea of the low carbs with the carb load at the end then moving directly into a maintenance level for our new weight. This will allow a tiny bit of any muscle that may be lost to come back during the 2 week maintenance period before we would start to slowly work towards cutting again.

really interested to see hwo this go, i relaly liek teh set up, good luck!
I can't even imagine you needing to diet but I am happy you are following along.
Good luck w/ this, Kleen!!! Gonna have to chech this book out!!
Definitely, it is a good read and Lyle doesn't put out ****e. I have seen many others do something very similar to this. The Velocity Diet over at T-Nation is actually kind of a liquid form of this diet but they do have carbs postworkout with that one however very similar caloric intake and protein requirements.
Man this is tough! Wow...You really are going to be using a lot of tupperware for this one. Prepare all of your meals in ADVANCE and just carry a fork or spoon in your bag! :)
Actually no with me doing Intermittent Fasting it is really only 2 meals or 2 meals and a shake. So not much needed in the way of tupperware.
Thinking about it, Jeff. Not sure about the lack of carbohydrates though, since my body has shown me over and over again that it makes the BEST progress when I'm having >400 grams of them a day. Even 100 grams a day is getting a little low for me. But, I can always give two weeks a shot and see how it goes. Maybe from next week. If I do, I'll be sure to log it - have a new log up now, for weekly updates.

Yeah, he does. If I did it, I'd be doing my Maintenance training though. Nothing less.

~Rosie~
Yeah Rosie, like I said a little above that I think as an 11 day shock to the system this may be amazing for the fat loss. I know performance will be down for sure but I am doing this for pure aesthetic reasons.

Tear it up kleen
Will do!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One Tubby Tubby! TWO TUBBY TUBBY!

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does this diet allow any wiggle room for supps such as ursobolic acid?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried McDonalds PSMF variation a couple months back and was happy with it. I also combined it with IF timing as it just made sense to with such little calories. Most days were 20 hours fasting with 4 hour eating windows. I also added in Alpha T2 and ECA.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cant see why not but I really doubt it would make a real noticeable difference weight loss wise considering the already huge caloric deficit you will already be in. The only supplement I would consider adding in during a PSMF diet would be something that could help increase SNS output since this will take the buggest hit during a extreme calorie deficit diet. This is why ECA compliments the diet perfectly

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yo Tubby, you are pushing out, LoL, but I do the same thing to get the fattest before picture possible! Kind of like on that movie "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" when they did the before and after pictures on the same day and he was telling him, think negative fat thoughts, LoL, then they shaved him down and spray tanned him and computer generated some abdominal shadowing, crazy the $hit they do!!!

On a different note, Chris I am like 1-2% behind ya brother, so we are right there, I'm starting my mega-cut get ripped phase in about 1-2wks. We both know you can do it, just set your mind to it and you will like what you see in the mirror in a matter of just a few weeks! Oh and as far as Pool Season is concerned... "Forget about it, Joey Butafuko ova hea!" you'll be shredded by then!!!

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cant see why not but I really doubt it would make a real noticeable difference weight loss wise considering the already huge caloric deficit you will already be in. The only supplement I would consider adding in during a PSMF diet would be something that could help increase SNS output since this will take the buggest hit during a extreme calorie deficit diet. This is why ECA compliments the diet perfectly
Agreed, but I was thinking mainly for the muscle sparring effects I've read from Ursobolic. Haven't tried it myself, but was curious pairing it with this.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope this works great for you Chris. I could never do it because I don't function well on Keto and extremely low Carb diets and I do even worse with very low Cal's. I find it easier for me to do more cardio when I need a bigger defecit....at any rate I'm looking forward to the results!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, but I was thinking mainly for the muscle sparring effects I've read from Ursobolic. Haven't tried it myself, but was curious pairing it with this.
Good point, in that respect ursobolic could compliment the diet nicely I guess.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Surely you could use it if you wanted. You would have to take it with meals due to its need for fat to mix.

I tried McDonalds PSMF variation a couple months back and was happy with it. I also combined it with IF timing as it just made sense to with such little calories. Most days were 20 hours fasting with 4 hour eating windows. I also added in Alpha T2 and ECA.
Exactly, I am doing about 20 hrs on cardio days and 16ish on my lift days. I am taking some straight yohimbine and I have some abliderate I am using to control cortisol while dropping the weight this should also lower any chance of muscle catabolism. I have a couple diet pills on the way but wont mention them until I know they are here. Right now I am taking some Shred Ultra too.

That and aminos. Perhaps a nice GH supplement to increase fat burning and kick start some protein synthesis.

Yo Tubby, you are pushing out, LoL, but I do the same thing to get the fattest before picture possible! Kind of like on that movie "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" when they did the before and after pictures on the same day and he was telling him, think negative fat thoughts, LoL, then they shaved him down and spray tanned him and computer generated some abdominal shadowing, crazy the $hit they do!!!

On a different note, Chris I am like 1-2% behind ya brother, so we are right there, I'm starting my mega-cut get ripped phase in about 1-2wks. We both know you can do it, just set your mind to it and you will like what you see in the mirror in a matter of just a few weeks! Oh and as far as Pool Season is concerned... "Forget about it, Joey Butafuko ova hea!" you'll be shredded by then!!!

Al, I REALLY wish that were true. I wish I had to stick my stomach out to look like that but no that is me standing totally relaxed. I hold a lot of visceral fat and it makes my stomach protrude when I am heavy. I don't get a ton of subcutaneous fat, I never look blubbery, I just thicken up everywhere. Yeah I wish I actually had to push it out to make it look worse but no that is all me and my chunktitude...

I think the protein sparing effects may have more to do with increasing insulin sensitivity. Of course we all know that a large steak releases a good amount of insulin too so it may have it's place here but I don't know. I might save it and use it more when you go back to maintenance to keep the carbs you start eating landing in the right place.
I hope this works great for you Chris. I could never do it because I don't function well on Keto and extremely low Carb diets and I do even worse with very low Cal's. I find it easier for me to do more cardio when I need a bigger defecit....at any rate I'm looking forward to the results!!
I just don't have the time or inclination to do that much extra cardio. I am doing cardio 3 times a week right now and taking walks at lunch just to get out of the building and MAYBE bring my metabolism back up a tiny bit mid day. That is the exact same thing I did for my contest prep and it worked well. So far I am lucky in the fact going low carb works well for me, and keeps my blood sugar stable which keeps me from having those I am gonna die type of blood sugar swings.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris... well whether you are/were pushing it out or not, I still think you look better than 90% of our society, which I know means nothing to guys like us, because we are only happy when we look the way we picture ourselves looking our best! But, again, with all that being said, you know and I know we can get there in no time... we have the formula, we know our bodies, it is time to do it!

In the words of Terry Tate...

I wish we had 10 MrKleens here on AnabolicMinds...

It's Go Time Baby... Whew!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late, but in. :)

I've been eating very similarly for the last few weeks for much the same reasons: Protein, fibrous veg and fish oil 3x/day for 5days a week. Carb up on the weekends. Not fun, but seeing rapid progress.

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A little thick but still swole bro. I need to get on whatever program you do for your traps! haha
Yeah, I meant to sling props to the traps earlier as well. Most guys I know are weak on their wheels and traps.

MrKleen, you doing anything for appetite suppression or you just gutting it out?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chris... well whether you are/were pushing it out or not, I still think you look better than 90% of our society, which I know means nothing to guys like us, because we are only happy when we look the way we picture ourselves looking our best! But, again, with all that being said, you know and I know we can get there in no time... we have the formula, we know our bodies, it is time to do it!

In the words of Terry Tate...

I wish we had 10 MrKleens here on AnabolicMinds...

It's Go Time Baby... Whew!!!

Love the video and you are very right we know what to do. I am really hoping that everything pans out and I get what I hope out of this. If not at least it will get me closer. I am half tempted to go home and take a pushed out picture of myself and show you what male pregnancy can look like.

Late, but in. :)

I've been eating very similarly for the last few weeks for much the same reasons: Protein, fibrous veg and fish oil 3x/day for 5days a week. Carb up on the weekends. Not fun, but seeing rapid progress.
Resolve glad to have you brother. Yeah I can see this working really well like that. SOunds like you kind of do a modified UD2 type diet right now then. When I go back to normal eating I plan to have about 150 grams carbs on lift days and low on cardio days then do a carb up on Saturday through Sunday morning getting in about 600-800 grams during that time. Not a huge carb up sut sufficient to fill me back up and replace my leptin.
A little thick but still swole bro. I need to get on whatever program you do for your traps! haha
Thanks brother. Yeah I have to really keep my head on straight because as displeased as I am that I am not in shape right now, I know that I am somebody somewheres goal.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the video and you are very right we know what to do. I am really hoping that everything pans out and I get what I hope out of this. If not at least it will get me closer. I am half tempted to go home and take a pushed out picture of myself and show you what male pregnancy can look like.
Hell, post it if you think it will help, or put it up on your mirror if you think it will help motivate you! Having an old picture of my fat does nothing for my motivation, but I always put up a slew of pictures on my bathroom mirror of me when I was "Silver Surfer" ripped as motivation, because when I look at myself in the mirror and I'm not that ripped, that just means I have more work to do and there is no... "I Can't..." BULL$HIT, there is the PROOF!!!