Kleen Crashes Head first into fat loss using Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Ok....I see them now, and i must say that is a HUGE difference in your waist. You can tell that you've lost some water and bloat elsewhere, but that abdomen is night and day. Nice work Kleen!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Ok....I see them now, and i must say that is a HUGE difference in your waist. You can tell that you've lost some water and bloat elsewhere, but that abdomen is night and day. Nice work Kleen!
    I have to agree the bloating looks to have melted away like nothing! Keep up the awesome work bro!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Okay check the post now, I uploaded them to here. Al, it must be that you have an account on the other forum with a cookie that allows you to see it or something.
    What is the other Forum? IronFreakz?
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Thanks Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    I have to agree the bloating looks to have melted away like nothing! Keep up the awesome work bro!
    Thank you Sir, hopefully I can lose a few more lbs of fat this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    What is the other Forum? IronFreakz?
    Yes Sir.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.71%

Ill be happy if I get half that by next Monday!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    My main problems with it was after seeing how fast and easy weight loss was after the first week, I would continually lower my calorie intake (as low as 600 calories some days!!) and I barely would work out and the very few days I did I would halfass it and then I wouldnt refeed enough plus I did this for over 4 weeks.. Ad you can see my experience with is was full of mistakes, but you know what the say, hindsight is 20/20 right
    yea this was my main problem.. I took the PSMF to like a 10 week diet. Combined with IF I went for like 20 hr fasts and I'd just do like 1 protein shake post workout and drink soup so that I wouldn't be hungry.... I didn't lose weight after like week 5 and my strength disappeared... tried to make up strength with just adding more workout days but yea... that didn't work, but like you say 20/20 hindsight lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Nice progress man!! Looks like you are well on your way to shredding up.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.12%

Just ran across your post! Man your getting it done! I want to try your diet but man! I am starving by 11 am. Lol are you not hungry on cardio days?
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Awesome progress so far. Dude you packed on some size a lot with that fat/bloat so this will probably be for the better once you get to a BF where you are comfortable. Your tri's are looking crazy.

I can see you tightening up around the back/hips, midsection, etc. Very noticeable.

I typically deload from training every 4th week. What do you think about running something like this every deload week, in order to reduce some bloat/fat accumulated over the previous weeks? I am wondering if this would allow me to push calories a bit more then I would typically, and then run a diet like this every 4th week.

Do you have any clue what has changed from the first to second edition of this diet?
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Awesome progress so far. Dude you packed on some size a lot with that fat/bloat so this will probably be for the better once you get to a BF where you are comfortable. Your tri's are looking crazy.

I can see you tightening up around the back/hips, midsection, etc. Very noticeable.

I typically deload from training every 4th week. What do you think about running something like this every deload week, in order to reduce some bloat/fat accumulated over the previous weeks? I am wondering if this would allow me to push calories a bit more then I would typically, and then run a diet like this every 4th week.

Do you have any clue what has changed from the first to second edition of this diet?
    I'm not really that smart in this but I know Layne norton advocates something he called "culking" where he does a bulk for like 3-4 weeks then cuts back his cals to cut levels for 1-2 weeks to "clean up". He said you shouldn't notice a drop in performance in the first couple weeks of controlled dieting so you should still be able to do the same workload as you do on more calories and before the lack of food catches up with you, you start bulking again.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I'm not really that smart in this but I know Layne norton advocates something he called "culking" where he does a bulk for like 3-4 weeks then cuts back his cals to cut levels for 1-2 weeks to "clean up". He said you shouldn't notice a drop in performance in the first couple weeks of controlled dieting so you should still be able to do the same workload as you do on more calories and before the lack of food catches up with you, you start bulking again.
    Yea I have read a bit into his thoughts and typically use a more like 8-12wk of "bulking" 2-4 of diet. But with my new training schedule, this might be perfect. Just tough out one week on 1000 calories, and back to increased calories.
  12. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Why not just go keto during the deload week? Muscle preservation and keeps your thyroid and metabolism happy

There is a second version of this? I only know of one
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Why not just go keto during the deload week? Muscle preservation and keeps your thyroid and metabolism happy

There is a second version of this? I only know of one
    Might be talking about the stubborn fat loss protocol?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Yes the current one says second edition.

Do you propose going keto but not into such a huge deficit?

I'm not worried about muscle preservation honestly. I hold muscle like nobody's business.lol
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

No I'm talking about the second edition of this book. It clearly states it was updated and this is the second edition. I'm wondering what changed.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the...-loss-handbook
  16. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I havent read that one yet but I do want to order it and give it a read sometime

Ahhh I see. My book says first edition so I dont know how much of it has changed.. I wonder what edition Chris has? My book is the first version and says 2005 as the copyright.. Hmm now you got me wondering how much has changed. The second edition was copywritten in 2008.. Thats 3 years later. Hmmm

I'm not worried about muscle preservation honestly. I hold muscle like nobody's business.lol
    Its what I would do. I couldnt imagine going on a PSMF diet every 4 weeks but i guess if muscle loss isnt a concern for you then give it a try and see how it is for you. Remember N=1 is all that matters
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Yea I am curious as to what is different in the second edition if anything at all.. I also have the first.

I operate fairly well on low calories. I often touch 13-1400 calories a few days a week plus 90 min cardio a day deep into a diet, so a week shouldn't be that bad.

We will see what happens. I might just run my typical deep cut diet, for a week, right from my current high calorie level.

Sorry for the mini-hijack Kleen.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.75%

Here are a few things I think changed from the first version if I remember correctly. He went from saying you could eat unlimited amounts of most veggies to controlled portions, added in the EFA requirement, and some other stuff I can't remember. I honestly have only skimmed the 2nd edition and never read the first, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that those were things that changed.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    Here are a few things I think changed from the first version if I remember correctly. He went from saying you could eat unlimited amounts of most veggies to controlled portions, added in the EFA requirement, and some other stuff I can't remember. I honestly have only skimmed the 2nd edition and never read the first, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that those were things that changed.
    Yah I have done hard cuts where veggies like brocolli were free.. as they probably burn mor cals to digest than they actually have in them. You can attain a real hate for veggies after a while though.
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Hey bro I just finished reading through your whole log. Looks like you psmf is doing the trick. I can definitely see a big difference around your midesection an your upper back! I've packed on a few pounds with the festive season so this might be what I need to get back in the zone! Keep killing it kleen!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

Yea I have read a bit into his thoughts and typically use a more like 8-12wk of "bulking" 2-4 of diet. But with my new training schedule, this might be perfect. Just tough out one week on 1000 calories, and back to increased calories.
    Damn... a week of 1,000 cals, not fun!!!
    www.finaflex.com
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I have done hard cuts where veggies like brocolli were free.. as they probably burn mor cals to digest than they actually have in them. You can attain a real hate for veggies after a while though.
    DW... I Love me some Veggies, especially raw, but I was on a diet like that as well where they were free and after about a month, the though of raw veggies just made me cringe! That happens to me with Tuna when I eat too much of it too often after a while the thought of tuna just makes me cringe as well, but I can always come back to it after a month or so!
    www.finaflex.com
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    DW... I Love me some Veggies, especially raw, but I was on a diet like that as well where they were free and after about a month, the though of raw veggies just made me cringe! That happens to me with Tuna when I eat too much of it too often after a while the thought of tuna just makes me cringe as well, but I can always come back to it after a month or so!
    Yah I have been through that tuna thing too... used to be a site that had a 1000 ways to eat tuna... can't seem to find it ...
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

DW let us know if you remember the site. I would love to check it out. Tuna works soo well but your right...it does get old.
  25. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

Yah I have been through that tuna thing too... used to be a site that had a 1000 ways to eat tuna... can't seem to find it ...
    Wow! 1000 ways? I would love to see this list too
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    DW let us know if you remember the site. I would love to check it out. Tuna works soo well but your right...it does get old.
    I googled it and it doesn't seem to be there any more.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Ill be happy if I get half that by next Monday!
    It is one hell of a drop. Of course I was carb loaded at the beginning. I look even better today, I worked out and have my swell on a little.
    yea this was my main problem.. I took the PSMF to like a 10 week diet. Combined with IF I went for like 20 hr fasts and I'd just do like 1 protein shake post workout and drink soup so that I wouldn't be hungry.... I didn't lose weight after like week 5 and my strength disappeared... tried to make up strength with just adding more workout days but yea... that didn't work, but like you say 20/20 hindsight lol.
    Yeah I don't foresee any reason for me to do that. I would not want to be on one of these for that long. However this two weeks has been surprisingly easy.

Nice progress man!! Looks like you are well on your way to shredding up.
    Thanks Matt, I am hoping so.

Quote Originally Posted by larrybailey View Post
    Just ran across your post! Man your getting it done! I want to try your diet but man! I am starving by 11 am. Lol are you not hungry on cardio days?
    Not really I mean I do get hungry but smashing 250 grams of protein down in whole food is quite filling, the early morning stuff is cake because I havent eaten in the mornings for over a year with only a few exceptions.

Thanks! Well if you bulked aggressively for 3 weeks then did this yeah, if you tried the clean bulk method and then went to this it may be counter productive.

Yeah that one is good, so is the ABDCE diet, very old school but you bulk for two weeks then diet for two weeks.

I think you like to test theories and that this would be an interesting thing for you to try. At one week i really don't think you will lose muscle mass at all and should be able to drop whatever you gain in fat.

I think it would be a neat experiment myself. However you may do well to just do the entire week keto and say 1800 cals. Still low but not to low.

No I'm talking about the second edition of this book. It clearly states it was updated and this is the second edition. I'm wondering what changed.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the...-loss-handbook
    No I have the original version. I have no clue what the differences are.

Yea I am curious as to what is different in the second edition if anything at all.. I also have the first.

I operate fairly well on low calories. I often touch 13-1400 calories a few days a week plus 90 min cardio a day deep into a diet, so a week shouldn't be that bad.

We will see what happens. I might just run my typical deep cut diet, for a week, right from my current high calorie level.

Sorry for the mini-hijack Kleen.
    No worries I love discussion in here keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    Thanks, if that is the case then I am basically doing the secnd version on my own. I am not having ridiculous amounts of veggies. Just basically what I would have normally, not trying to make up for any food volume with it. Just easier for me to not eat than to run and get a celery stick or salad every time I get a food craving or feel a little hungry.

Yeah that just doesn't work for me I eat veggies 1-2 times a day. I have seen some of the diets you have put yourself through and I would definitely run this again before eating all of the veggies you were eating at on point. You were a beast with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Hey bro I just finished reading through your whole log. Looks like you psmf is doing the trick. I can definitely see a big difference around your midesection an your upper back! I've packed on a few pounds with the festive season so this might be what I need to get back in the zone! Keep killing it kleen!
    Thanks! I have to admit it is WAY easier than I originally thought it would be. Especially already being used to fasting a large portion of the day it is just a cake walk right now.
    Current Log:
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%

I was surprised again today when I increased on all of my lifts and was able to complete my sets and even go beyond 10 for the last set on a couple exercises. I will do my best to document from memory since I didn't bring the log with me today.

The workout - 30 seconds rest between sets, 10 reps per set and last set of each exercise you go to failure so if you can do more than 10 you do then go up the next time.

DB Incline Bench - 75x10, 10, 10, 10 up 5 lbs - challenging for sure but will go up to 80's next week. I doubt I will complete the 4rth set with them but it is time to move up.
    DB Flat Flies - 37.5x10,10 up 2.5 lbs - will stay here one more week then go up.

Lat Pull Downs - 150x10,10,10,12 up 30 lbs - Will be going up next week.
    Wide Grip Lat Rows - 130x10, 10 up 20 lbs. I will try to go up 5 more libs next week.

DB Lateral Raises - 22.5x10. 10, 10, 10 same was still hard but not as hard as last week.
    DB Front Raise - 22.5x10, 10 once again this was hard to complete but not as hard as last week.

Incline DB Curls - 22.5x10, 10, 10, 10 same weight as last week but I finished the last set this time getting 2 more reps than last week.

Leg Ext. - 155x10, 10, 10, 10, 11 - up 5 lbs and oh man what a burn. I am planning on going up next week too.
    BB Lunges - 80x10, 10, 10, 10 - this was beast mode and have me panting like a dog in heat in July!
    Current Log:
  29. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

I bet they all kinda sucked but were bearable
  30. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.37%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Only way I like tuna is raw. The canned stuff is a last resort, no matter how I prep it.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Only way I like tuna is raw. The canned stuff is a last resort, no matter how I prep it.
    Mayo + mustard + relish with some cayenne sprinkled over

Thats how I usually eat canned tuna. My other way is to mix with egg white and pan fry patties with slice cheese on top
  32. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

Mayo + mustard + relish with some cayenne sprinkled over

Thats how I usually eat canned tuna. My other way is to mix with egg white and pan fry patties with slice cheese on top
    I have never eaten tuna in my entire life. Not even one bite. It always look disgusting as **** to me.lol
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

Six egg whites, 2 yokes, 1 can of white albacore tuna in water, scrambled or omelet style, then a nice 1/4 cup of Salsa on top, maybe a little pepper or some Tobasco (choose your favorite flavor)!
    www.finaflex.com
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

I have never eaten tuna in my entire life. Not even one bite. It always look disgusting as **** to me.lol
    Frank... holding my chest in classic heart-attack fashion... "What??? NEVER??? Not even a tuna casserole, or Tuna-Helper as a kid, a fresh Tuna Steak, Tuna Roll (sushi)???
    www.finaflex.com
  35. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

Frank... holding my chest in classic heart-attack fashion... "What??? NEVER??? Not even a tuna casserole, or Tuna-Helper as a kid, a fresh Tuna Steak, Tuna Roll (sushi)???
    I meant canned tuna but I don't think I have tried it in any fashion. I have never tried most seafood in general.

I tried a "California roll"(not sure wtf is in that) twice and gagged both times trying to get it down.lol
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yah just use the hot sauce and you would be just as well off... Hot honey mustard is kind of good though....
  37. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.37%

I meant canned tuna but I don't think I have tried it in any fashion. I have never tried most seafood in general.

I tried a "California roll"(not sure wtf is in that) twice and gagged both times trying to get it down.lol
    A California roll is seafood like a 7-11 hotdog is meat.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

Attention...
    Today's Trivia will be held at 2:00pm Eastern Standard Time

REDEFINE NUTRITON Weightlifting/Bodybuilding Trivia...
    www.finaflex.com
  39. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.4%

Crunchy spicy tuna roll and/or crunchy spicy salmon roll are my favorites. Except for this one buffet here that has this deep fried roll that is orgasmic!

I recently started rating sushi.. I never used to before.. Always thought it would be disgusting.. Boy was I wrong! I want to try sashimi next (especially since there isnt any rice and its carb free) but I have been hesitant to try it. I tuna the rice and roll makes it easier to eat mentally.. Take away the rice and roll and you can obviously see its raw fish and the raw part is what used to freak me out before
  40. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

I guess canned tuna is like spam then..lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lyle Mcdonald Rapid weight loss diet
    By okboy63 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
  2. Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0
    By Anarchy939 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM