Kleen Crashes Head first into fat loss using Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

Page 4 of 12 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Hah the wife scored 8 bottles of Spicy Mesquite my fav bbq seasoning... hard to find... oh that reminds me I have to tell her to get the tanks filled. We bbq in any weather lol
    Hmmm... Spicy mesquite you say.. Sounds yummy! What brand is it? Gonna check if they have it at walmart
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Hmmm... Spicy mesquite you say.. Sounds yummy! What brand is it? Gonna check if they have it at walmart
    Clubhouse... that's the people who make Montreal Steak Spice and that is also very highly recommended, use both on your steak... man!!
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Ya know, I always rinse a lot of my meats and stuff, I always really did it to lower the sodium, but now that you guys are mentioning that sounds like a fantastic idea, I think I'm gonna go home get some 93/7 ground beef like Kleen said and fry it up, then boil it one time to lean it up even more, then make myself some good homestyle CHILE.... Yeah!!! Does anyone else use Rotelli chiles in their Chile & I also always use a little tomato paste?
    Are they spicy or add a kick to the chili?

Clubhouse... that's the people who make Montreal Steak Spice and that is also very highly recommended, use both on your steak... man!!
    Thanks!

I will check out the grocery store and see if they have them. I usually use a steak seasoning that my butcher makes but am always looking to try new things
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Are they spicy or add a kick to the chili?
    Josh... I totally said it "Bass Ackwards" sorry about that! Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles...

No, this does not necessarily make it hot, but if you think it does, there is extra-mild version, I personally look for the Extra-Hot version or the Habanero version, because I do like things _HOT_!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Taco salad was another one of my favorite meals while on PSMF. Ground turkey with taco seasoning, fat free shredded cheese, fat free sour cream, some hot sauce and salsa all on top a big azz bowl of greens.
    I definitely do this for my taco salab but generally I don't put the cheese or sour cream on it just the meat, salsa and veggies. So let me ask you this Josh, how low did you keep your calories daily? It sounds like you may have had them higher than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Thats right Scott Tucker. Lol

Hah the wife scored 8 bottles of Spicy Mesquite my fav bbq seasoning... hard to find... oh that reminds me I have to tell her to get the tanks filled. We bbq in any weather lol
    I don't blame you. That spicy season sounds good. I can't use most of the Montreal Steak Seasoning for a lot of stuff. The family doesn't like the chunks of garlic. I like to add some crushed red pepper or cayenne to a lot of my meats. I just season them with the rest of the family's stuff then add my spicy ingredients...
    Ya know, I always rinse a lot of my meats and stuff, I always really did it to lower the sodium, but now that you guys are mentioning that sounds like a fantastic idea, I think I'm gonna go home get some 93/7 ground beef like Kleen said and fry it up, then boil it one time to lean it up even more, then make myself some good homestyle CHILE.... Yeah!!! Does anyone else use Rotelli chiles in their Chile & I also always use a little tomato paste?
    I make mine kind of a mix between Northern and Souther Style Chili. One I like beans in my chili, tow I prefer my chili to have more tomato flavor than many of them provide, and yes on occasion I will use rotel but I drain the juice. I prefer to used stewed tomato and occasionally I wil use paste but most of the time I use tomato sauce.
    Josh... I totally said it "Bass Ackwards" sorry about that! Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles...

No, this does not necessarily make it hot, but if you think it does, there is extra-mild version, I personally look for the Extra-Hot version or the Habanero version, because I do like things _HOT_!!!
    No this one isn't hot, but I love the habanero version. It surprised me the first time I had it. I really didn't expect much even though it said habanero, too often they put that on there but there is no heat.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  6. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I definitely do this for my taco salab but generally I don't put the cheese or sour cream on it just the meat, salsa and veggies. So let me ask you this Josh, how low did you keep your calories daily? It sounds like you may have had them higher than I do.
    800-1200 calories I think, I would have to double check to find out
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

mmmmm, Hot rotel and velveta cheese for the best nacho dip.
    Corn is to popcorn as, prohormones are to steriods...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Srt4Muscle View Post
    mmmmm, Hot rotel and velveta cheese for the best nacho dip.
    Holy-$hit I concur!!!
    www.finaflex.com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  173 lbs.

Add in some browned ground turkey with the Rotel and some fat free cream cheese and it's off the hook(of course with Velveeta too)
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh
    Taco salad was another one of my favorite meals while on PSMF. Ground turkey with taco seasoning, fat free shredded cheese, fat free sour cream, some hot sauce and salsa all on top a big azz bowl of greens.
    I do this all the time on burn days and love it, except I use 97/3 lean ground meat instead. Good stuff!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

A-holes! I need to unSUB from this thread before I go break my fast early!

I kid I kid... but I am seriously going to the store in a bit to try some of these!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Josh, I forgot you said you were eating in a 4 hour window so your calories look pretty much on point with mine.

I can't even remember the last time I made some queso dip. For the most part I would rather eat hot salsa than cheesy stuff. I like it don't get me wrong but unless I am having a social function it is not something I make. Just to calorically dense and then add in the calorically dense chips and forget about it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Josh, I forgot you said you were eating in a 4 hour window so your calories look pretty much on point with mine.

I can't even remember the last time I made some queso dip. For the most part I would rather eat hot salsa than cheesy stuff. I like it don't get me wrong but unless I am having a social function it is not something I make. Just to calorically dense and then add in the calorically dense chips and forget about it.
    Yeh....chips and con queso makes me very bloated the next day. Lots of carbs and lots of sodium is hell on the midsection
    Recoverbro Elite
  14. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I do this all the time on burn days and love it, except I use 97/3 lean ground meat instead. Good stuff!!
    I do the same - sometimes I change things up and use some fish. I also like to use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a bit of extra protein.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Progress Update!

Okay just an update here,
    but a good one.

Yesterday at lunch I walked
    for 80 minutes to burn of some time and avoid accruing too much OT. Last night
    at Karate I got to work alone with the instructor and he drilled me nonstop for
    45 minutes. I was just dripping everywhere and completely soaked my gi. Was a
    great training session.

I had a good workout this
    morning, I was sweating buckets and pushing hard. I can tell the low cals are
    taking a small toll on my strength but that was pretty much a given when going
    to extremely low carbs whether cals are low or not.

Now for my nutrition
    yesterday. I held out until almost 5PM before breaking my fast and had 2 scoops
    of recover pro every 2 hours until then. Since in a hurry and I had Karate class
    last night I hit up a protein shake. Last night we had turkey spaghetti (meat
    strained and rinsed) so I weighed the meat “sauce” out to 13 Oz and ate that. We
    use 2.5 lbs of meat per 1 can of sauce so I estimate I ended up with cup of
    actual sauce along with it which adds 9 grams of carbs. I was careful to get the
    meat off of the top of the pan so it would be the dryest meat possible.

MRM Metabolic Whey
    -
    3 scoops = 66 grams protein, 7.5g fats, 9 carbs - 361.5 cals

12 oz 93/7 ground turkey
    with a little spaghetti sauce
    - 92 grams protein, 36 fats, 9g carbs - 728
    calories.

1 cup Fat Free cottage
    cheese
    - 26g protein, 0 fats, 10g carbs = 144 cals

Daily total not
    including 40 grams of aminos:
    184 grams protein,
    43.5g fats, 28g carbs = 1233

Now this was a bit low on
    protein but it was not a workout day and I had PLENTY of aminos
    throughout the day. I also balanced it out calorically by getting in more fat.
    Not what I wanted that but it is how it worked out. Either way I am still happy
    with the calories for the day.

On to other things that
    I am happy about. I said i would not weigh myself until this weekend but I was
    curious so I got on the scale this morning. I started the diet on Monday
    2/6/12 at a whopping 218 lbs, I weighed in this morning and I am 210.5.
    Now
    I know quite a bit of this is water but I was floating around 213 before I
    carbed up, so I am thinking I have at least lost 1-1.5 lbs of fat, and that is
    in 3 complete days on the crash diet. I am pretty damned stoked about that but
    we will see how it all works out next week.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve

I do the same - sometimes I change things up and use some fish. I also like to use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a bit of extra protein.
    That's a very good idea with plain Greek yogurt. I may try that sometime soon
    Recoverbro Elite
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

As far as Mesquite is concerned couldn't you go chop down a tree and put it in the wood chipper ? Being in Texas and all...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  18. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor

it makes life easier plus it is more satisfying eating 1-2 big meals in a short time rather then trying to stretch it out over the day

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    What kind of fish?

I have been wanting to try some new ways to make fish
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

it makes life easier plus it is more satisfying eating 1-2 big meals in a short time rather then trying to stretch it out over the day
    Yah I likes the big eat...
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

but a good one.

great training session.

Now for my nutrition
    of recover pro every 2 hours until then. Since in a hurry and I had Karate class
    strained and rinsed) so I weighed the meat “sauce” out to 13 Oz and ate that. We
    actual sauce along with it which adds 9 grams of carbs. I was careful to get the

MRM Metabolic Whey
    -

12 oz 93/7 ground turkey
    calories.

1 cup Fat Free cottage
    cheese

Daily total not
    184 grams protein,

On to other things that
    Now
    Kleen... Awesome Bro, Love your Logging style, Love the detail, story telling, etc. Very personable, always a great read and I look forward to all your updates!!!
    www.finaflex.com
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Kleen... Awesome Bro, Love your Logging style, Love the detail, story telling, etc. Very personable, always a great read and I look forward to all your updates!!!
    Thanks Al! I am enjoying running the log. I am surprised no one actually mentioned the fact that the post says I have lost 7.5 lbs in 3 days. I am extremely impressed whether it is mostly water or not I have never dropped weight so quickly.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Thanks Al! I am enjoying running the log. I am surprised no one actually mentioned the fact that the post says I have lost 7.5 lbs in 3 days. I am extremely impressed whether it is mostly water or not I have never dropped weight so quickly.
    I am not surprised. Everyone knows your that good. Lol.. Congrats brother. You're kicking my butt so far.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    I am not surprised. Everyone knows your that good. Lol.. Congrats brother. You're kicking my butt so far.
    So to give you an idea of how inaccurate the impedence body fat machines are. You said your body fat measured 27 on one the other day. My bodyfat read 26.4 on one today. I did it for sh*ts and giggles, knowing I am somewhat dehydrated and expecting to see a higher reading than what I am but that was pretty far off. That was surprising.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Not doubting it. Your sure it didn't give you the bmi. That is never right..cause it is based on height and weight not actual bodyfat
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

No it said my bmi was like 32. Either way it had me in the obese range for both on the chart.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    A-holes! I need to unSUB from this thread before I go break my fast early!

I kid I kid... but I am seriously going to the store in a bit to try some of these!
    You guys must have thought I was joking...

Name:  taco taco.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  92.4 KB
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

but a good one.

great training session.

Now for my nutrition

MRM Metabolic Whey
    -

12 oz 93/7 ground turkey
    calories.

1 cup Fat Free cottage
    cheese

Daily total not
    184 grams protein,

On to other things that
    Now
    Thats fricken awesome so far bro! It sounds like this method could be pretty legit! I'd be happy at this point if I was losing 2 lbs a week on LG let along 1.5+ of fat in 3 days
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

No it said my bmi was like 32. Either way it had me in the obese range for both on the chart.
    Lol fatty.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yah BMI is the stupidest measurement ever invented. Says I am supposed to be no heavier than 185, if I was 185 I'd be dead...
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

Yah BMI is the stupidest measurement ever invented. Says I am supposed to be no heavier than 185, if I was 185 I'd be dead...
    Agreed bmi is crazy.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lyle Mcdonald Rapid weight loss diet
    By okboy63 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 11:34 AM
  2. Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0
    By Anarchy939 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:24 PM