Kleen Crashes Head first into fat loss using Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Im sold I might need to do this! Id love to trim the waist line asap!
    Quoting myself! Thats a newb post whore tactic

I decided **** it... I have been hitting the weights and food real hard for the last 12 weeks... which was my first short term goal... I haven't paid much attention the scale which is the first time in my life... but im sick of looking at these love handles... actually I carry my fat a lot like you Kleen... my stomach barely grows out when i gain weight it grows to the side... which is great when I am wearing a shirt... i can weight more than most guys and look in better shape because i dont get the beer belly really... but without a shirt on i look worse than most... love handles and ****ing horrible lower back fat... well fxck this! im following this plan for 11-12 days... if I can lose half of what you lose on your midsection I will be happy... im expecting to hate chicken and cottage cheese come the beginning of march lol

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Changes are definitely noticeable, Chris!

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Incredible progress Chris. Its amazing what effect this diet has had on your waistline. Nice job!! So what's next? Are you done with this extreme dieting for now?

For some reason that I haven't been able to figure out yet, my SARMS log got closed. However, I am starting a sponsored log tomorrow where all my workouts and progress will go. So I'd love to have you or anyone else that wants to join!

AI Sports helps get RickRock PUMPED and RIPPED with Agmatine and Raspberry Ketones!!
    Yeah I noticed it was closed when I went to respond to it. I will be in on this one and we will get that bottle of EndoSurge out to you soon. As far as extreme dieting yeah I am done, I got what I needed out of it. The motivation to watch my intake more and plan things out better. I will be on 2 weeks maintenance having 2000/2800 then will start lowering it more after that. I think I have done my last mutiple day carb up as I just don't like how I feel after them.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Nice work!!

Did I miss what u were eating to get 1200 grams of carbs a day???
    Thanks!
    I can't lie though I enjoyed the hell out of the 2/3 of a box of Cookie Crisps I demolished yesterday! I had 4 pancakes with 3/4 cup REAL syrup 300g, 3 bagels with fruit spread 240g, 2 grilled cheese sandwiches 118g,180 grams of WMS, and 12 cups of Cookie Crisps in 4 skim milk, eaten in 3 giant bowls... 360g

Carb total for the day 1198grams! Oh wait I had a blow pop too so that brings it up and over 1200!!!!

I woke up feeling rough!!! Stomach not even close to be used to that. I did not go to the gym this morning, my stomach was not happy and no way I was gonna go try to do cardio the way I was feeling. These carb ups are pure ridiculousness. However I am as full as a house. Not waterlogged though. Stomach a little distended but that will go away by tomorrow and I should actually look pretty good. At my bf right now I would not say carb ups are an aesthetically pleasing thing to do. I will definitely make sure that all carb ups from this point on are lower and shorter. That or just lower for sure. I can see 2 days at 600 but much else is pretty intense for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Holy hell bro! Nice work!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I can definitely see where this would be an excellent way to kick off a diet where the person needed to lose quite a bit of weight. What a jump start.. right back in the ballgame in vitually no time at all...
    For sure, it was exactly what I needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Im sold I might need to do this! Id love to trim the waist line asap!
    Definitely worth the try. Will make a nice dent then you can go slow and go or start back up again too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Good Job Chris, I can definitely see some major changes...You are a lot like me my friend, we have that tendency to hold on to a lot of water! It can be good when trying to bulk up, but hell when trying to lean down and really tell the difference of whether we are at a dry or wet weight, especially when we are where we both are right now (...somewhere in the middle...) not lean, but not fat!
    Yeah for sure. I am quite full of glycogen right now but not watery like I was at the start of this. I am filling out my shirt like a champ though. Once the distention from all of the carb loading goes down I should look much better tomorrow.

Quoting myself! Thats a newb post whore tactic

I decided **** it... I have been hitting the weights and food real hard for the last 12 weeks... which was my first short term goal... I haven't paid much attention the scale which is the first time in my life... but im sick of looking at these love handles... actually I carry my fat a lot like you Kleen... my stomach barely grows out when i gain weight it grows to the side... which is great when I am wearing a shirt... i can weight more than most guys and look in better shape because i dont get the beer belly really... but without a shirt on i look worse than most... love handles and ****ing horrible lower back fat... well fxck this! im following this plan for 11-12 days... if I can lose half of what you lose on your midsection I will be happy... im expecting to hate chicken and cottage cheese come the beginning of march lol
    Get in on it man. I honestly didn't eat chicken much more than normal. I had a few sirloins in there too, maybe a little to high on fat but I trimmed the hell out of them. If I could see fat it got cut off. If a found a spot of grissle it got spit out. I also cooked the steaks a little longer than normal to get more fat out. Force yourself to have some different things and it won't be too bad.

For the next 2 weeks my nutrition will look like this.
    Burn Days - 225 grams protein, 100 carbs, and 70g fat. Total Cals - 1930
    Build Days - 300g protein, 250g carbs and 70 fat. Total Cals - 2830
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Great progress sir!

So its back to IF now? Curious to know what your macro split is going to be for the maintenance period
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Great progress sir!

So its back to IF now? Curious to know what your macro split is going to be for the maintenance period
    Thanks and I never stopped the IF. I maintained the IF style of eating throughout the diet. I honestly think it made it more bearable that way with the big portions of meat. Only difference is me going back to my maintenance cals and making sure I hit at least 100 grams of carbs daily for the next 2 weeks to ensure my leptin levels are completely recovered before starting a more reserved cutting process. I may lower carbs to 200 on build days but I don't want to increase my protein, and really prefer not to increase the fats on a lift day unless needed.

Burn Days - 225 grams protein, 100 carbs, and 70g fat. Total Cals - 1930, Protein 47%, Carbs 21%, Fats 32%
    Build Days - 300g protein, 250g carbs and 70 fat. Total Cals - 2830,
    Protein 42.4% Carbs 35.3% Fats 22.3%
    Current Training Log -

5. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Thanks and I never stopped the IF. I maintained the IF style of eating throughout the diet. I honestly think it made it more bearable that way with the big portions of meat. Only difference is me going back to my maintenance cals and making sure I hit at least 100 grams of carbs daily for the next 2 weeks to ensure my leptin levels are completely recovered before starting a more reserved cutting process. I may lower carbs to 200 on build days but I don't want to increase my protein, and really prefer not to increase the fats on a lift day unless needed.

Burn Days - 225 grams protein, 100 carbs, and 70g fat. Total Cals - 1930, Protein 47%, Carbs 21%, Fats 32%
    Pretty cloxe to what I was thinking come cut time 3000 and 2000
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

6. Good job man.
    NSCA - CSCS

7. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Pretty cloxe to what I was thinking come cut time 3000 and 2000
    Yeah and this may actually be a little lower than my maintenance. I may still lose a tiny bit of weight this way but with the 250 on carbs on build days I think leptin will more than be restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Good job man.
    Thanks Volc!
    Current Training Log -

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73

Build Days - 300g protein, 250g carbs and 70 fat. Total Cals - 2830, Protein 42.4% Carbs 35.3% Fats 22.3%
    Great work.

This is close to my bulking calories.lol I might be slightly higher. I had to drop my wo day Carb intake as I just don't feel great on that many carbs. Going back to doing 125-150 wo(almost all consumed pre/intra)/80 non and a refeed.

9. Nice, I am pretty sure I will end up lowering my carbs more but for now to get leptin back up just gonna do what he suggest. If I notice bloating or any of that I will lower them back down a good bit.
    Current Training Log -

10. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Thanks for the macro numbers (i am somewhat similar for maintenance)

BTW you get my PM?
    PESCIENCE.COM

11. Not sure, I got one a little while back and responded to it but you haven't sent anything else since.
    Current Training Log -

12. Nutrition was pretty much dead on yesterday. I did something different today and had 50 grams WMS and 25 grams BCAA's post workout. I will then hold off until 12:00-1:00 and have a big meal. Just wanted to give the old muscle something to feed on for a bit and see what I think about it.

Name:  2-21-12 workout.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  114.9 KB
    Current Training Log -

13. Thanks again for the help Kleen with the questions regarding my run of this! Yesterday was day 1 and I am already counting the days!

Lyle suggests that I am a category 2... Which I am not sure but you probably should of fell in to that too right? I think its above 15% bf. He also suggests a 5 hour refeed and 1 cheat meal. Judging by your awesome success I want to run this for 12 days before a refeed. Would you suggest then doing the 5 hour refeed or because I didnt do it the week before do a 2-3 refeed like you did... then afterward I may do 1 more run of this depending on my results...

Mostly trying to get as lean as possible before St Pattys day when the party happens! Which is on a saturday this year... so If I wanted to fill glycogen storages and look full before that... when would you guys suggest start carbing up? Thursday or the night before?

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nutrition was pretty much dead on yesterday. I did something different today and had 50 grams WMS and 25 grams BCAA's post workout. I will then hold off until 12:00-1:00 and have a big meal. Just wanted to give the old muscle something to feed on for a bit and see what I think about it.

Your spreadsheets look a lot like mine... I do a sheet for each day of the week and have 4 weeks on each sheet... and then notes on how the weight was... definitely very helpful when trying to progress from last week

15. Boy our lifting numbers are pretty similar...

16. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Thanks again for the help Kleen with the questions regarding my run of this! Yesterday was day 1 and I am already counting the days!

Lyle suggests that I am a category 2... Which I am not sure but you probably should of fell in to that too right? I think its above 15% bf. He also suggests a 5 hour refeed and 1 cheat meal. Judging by your awesome success I want to run this for 12 days before a refeed. Would you suggest then doing the 5 hour refeed or because I didnt do it the week before do a 2-3 refeed like you did... then afterward I may do 1 more run of this depending on my results...

Mostly trying to get as lean as possible before St Pattys day when the party happens! Which is on a saturday this year... so If I wanted to fill glycogen stores and look full before that... when would you guys suggest start carbing up? Thursday or the night before?
    I was right around 15% when I started. I just carry ALL of my fat on my trunk. My legs still had striations in them and stay uncharacteristically lean.Well if you are going to possibly repeat it I would go with the 5 hour refeed then repeat. You could skip the first free meal to try to get more of a jump start.

I would do a 300-400 gram refeed on Friday night. You will wake up nice and full without going over and will look very good.

Your spreadsheets look a lot like mine... I do a sheet for each day of the week and have 4 weeks on each sheet... and then notes on how the weight was... definitely very helpful when trying to progress from last week
    Yeah I like to keep a journal and right now I have my program pretty much laid out for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Boy our lifting numbers are pretty similar...
    Yeah, the shorter rest periods moderate weight and higher volume make the workout a lot of fun and hard on the muscle not the connective tissue.
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah, the shorter rest periods moderate weight and higher volume make the workout a lot of fun and hard on the muscle not the connective tissue.
    Yah that's how I like to work it... good results too...

18. It's a very fun, motivating way to lift.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

19. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    It's a very fun, motivating way to lift.
    Yah I am looking forward to my workouts cuz they are fun and fast and well .. .fuggin crazy or nuggin futs if you will...

20. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Not sure, I got one a little while back and responded to it but you haven't sent anything else since.
    Sent again broseph

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nutrition was pretty much dead on yesterday. I did something different today and had 50 grams WMS and 25 grams BCAA's post workout. I will then hold off until 12:00-1:00 and have a big meal. Just wanted to give the old muscle something to feed on for a bit and see what I think about it.
    When im not keto I do this and usually pop a couple neovar caps around my last set and take the WMS & BCAA mix right after and then wait about two hours and will have a meal. I lift later in the morning (like around 10am) so my first "real" meal is around 2pm
    PESCIENCE.COM

21. Yeah it felt good yesterday, I kept my pump pretty good and just kept that full look.
    Current Training Log -

22. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Yeah it felt good yesterday, I kept my pump pretty good and just kept that full look.
    That is always nice following the Carb ups....especially those times when you hit them just right where you fill up nice and big but don't get the bloat from too much. Sometimes its hard to find that sweet spot, but I'm getting it dialed in pretty well.

Keep killing it Chris!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

23. Thanks Rick, I am enjoying the look and feel of having the pump and feeling like my muscles are being fed. You know me I like to test different theories.
    Current Training Log -

24. I'm on day 2 and am feeling fine. I'm not big so I'm running it around 7 days while I take a break from all of the overtraining. IF makes it a breeze to get through the day along with some yohimbine and vapor-xt I had opened a while back. I think you started another trend in here Kleen.

25. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I'm on day 2 and am feeling fine. I'm not big so I'm running it around 7 days while I take a break from all of the overtraining. IF makes it a breeze to get through the day along with some yohimbine and vapor-xt I had opened a while back. I think you started another trend in here Kleen.
    Agreed! Im running it now too. Almost through day 3... eating a ton of fiberous veggies to keep me full... usually by day 3 im failing at low carb bad... I haven't had a single temptation yet!

Thanks for the motivation Kleen!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lyle Mcdonald Rapid weight loss diet
    By okboy63 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 12:34 PM
  2. Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0
    By Anarchy939 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 04:24 PM