Kleen Crashes Head first into fat loss using Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.

Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Exactly....Chris is definitely a trend setter and isn't afraid to step outside the box if he thinks something may benefit him. That is why he is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of this forum.

I can honestly say he has helped me take my physique to a new level over the last year with his guidance.
    Well said Rick. Chris is an outstanding logger and even a better athlete. Throw in the fact that he is sharp as a tack and you have the recipe for a perfect storm....
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Yes agreed with Rosie! Kleen doesn't always follow whats "supposedly right" and whats "supposedly wrong." He likes to see what works for him and what doesn't. This is a good trait to have, because without it you could be limiting yourself. In reality, whose to say what your doing isn't right for you and that they have something superior over your plan of attack? No one. I believe fear seperates a lot of this and people don't want to try something drastic or new because of fear of "losing muscle" or getting weak. I have mad props for Kleen because he's willing to step up and take that extra effort or step to try new things and give good progress reports on it. People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer, guess that's the theory of man.
    ^^^ Exactly! You have to find the "right" way for YOU, regardless of what anyone else says or does! (Which is why I often don't recommend what I do for others, since I do it for me and no one else, and others need to realize that what I am relaying is MY experience with any given thing and does not reflect what they may experience if they do it).

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

3. The norm?

Where's the fun in that?

4. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Yes agreed with Rosie! Kleen doesn't always follow whats "supposedly right" and whats "supposedly wrong." He likes to see what works for him and what doesn't. This is a good trait to have, because without it you could be limiting yourself. In reality, whose to say what your doing isn't right for you and that they have something superior over your plan of attack? No one. I believe fear seperates a lot of this and people don't want to try something drastic or new because of fear of "losing muscle" or getting weak. I have mad props for Kleen because he's willing to step up and take that extra effort or step to try new things and give good progress reports on it. People fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer, guess that's the theory of man.
    Thank God for Chris, he got the whole lean gains thing started over here and I have been eating that way for almost a year now. Warrior workouts he designed. I think they are an improvement on HST. His ideas on Progressive training also I use exclusively....
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

5. You all realize while all is true his head is now like a big ole balloon.

Love ya brother. And thanks
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    You all realize while all is true his head is now like a big ole balloon.

lol yah that's another good thing about Chris that is exactly won't happen, a man is only as good as his humility..

oop you know where that's goin..

7. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

lol yah that's another good thing about Chris that is exactly won't happen, a man is only as good as his humility..

Lol.
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

8. Quote Originally Posted by wildcat90 View Post
    Who Will Win The Arnold Classic 2012 Title? | Notable Arnold Classic Amateur 2012 Contestant | Arnold Strongman Classic 2012 Thread | Arnold Classic 2012 Results | Arnold Classic 2012

In. Good luck. Although I have to say your diet is very extreme and breaks many bodybuilding cutting norms.
    Definitely the original crash diet was supposed to be very severe. Right now I am pretty much on maintenance throughout the end of the weekend. Monday I will begin to slowly cut calories from my burn days. I have been doing the Intermittent Fasting thing for a while now and it is definitely completely in the face of conventional wisdom. However science prevailed when it came to the research involved in me making my decision to give IF style eating a try and haven't really looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Chris doesn't follow the "norm" - he does what works for him and is not afraid to try experimenting with different methods to find that. You'll find a few of here do that - Chris is indeed a pioneer for a lot of things grown on AM though

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie, I think that is the most fun way to go about life, just keep trying new things.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Exactly....Chris is definitely a trend setter and isn't afraid to step outside the box if he thinks something may benefit him. That is why he is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of this forum.

I can honestly say he has helped me take my physique to a new level over the last year with his guidance.
    Thanks Rick and looking at your avi I have to say you have really done a stellar job in executing the information flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Thanks JaJa!

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Well said Rick. Chris is an outstanding logger and even a better athlete. Throw in the fact that he is sharp as a tack and you have the recipe for a perfect storm....
    And the Thunder Rolls! Thanks Morry, love my logs because I learn from them also. We have a ton of people here like yourself and many of the others who posted above that are simply stellar not only as fitness enthusiasts but individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    ^^^ Exactly! You have to find the "right" way for YOU, regardless of what anyone else says or does! (Which is why I often don't recommend what I do for others, since I do it for me and no one else, and others need to realize that what I am relaying is MY experience with any given thing and does not reflect what they may experience if they do it).

~Rosie~
    Once again on point with your statements!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    The norm?

Where's the fun in that?
    I see a No and an Or but no Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Thank God for Chris, he got the whole lean gains thing started over here and I have been eating that way for almost a year now. Warrior workouts he designed. I think they are an improvement on HST. His ideas on Progressive training also I use exclusively....
    Wow thanks Doug!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    You all realize while all is true his head is now like a big ole balloon.

LOL, Are you saying my head is bulbous???

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

Yeah I try not to get a big head. It is already plenty big as it is.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

9. I'm just a meathead book worm....
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct

10. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Wow thanks Doug!

Yeah I try not to get a big head. It is already plenty big as it is.
    Look at the progress I made last year at my age, that was not accident and mainly due to some of the things I mentioned. Remember I was struggling with off season diet and lifting too heavy too often... those adjustments in diet and training made the difference. I can't believe it the best I have been at 53 and now because of smart taining my shoulder is healing and my chest is getting bigger and so are my legs...

54 may be a better year for me.. a lot of it thanks to those improvements...

11. Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    I'm just a meathead book worm....
    and I'm a Sophisticated Red-Neck!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

12. I noticed you are running the nyc stack. I'm running it for the first time right now and really like it. I'm dosing it @ 1pill 3x per day atm. What are you dosing at and what are your thoughts on adding more yohimbine hcl?

13. Sorry for the lack of updates here. I have been busy and also trying to comment on some logs I had not had chances to look back at. I have been doing the maintenance thing and am pretty much in the same physical state I was at the end of the diet plus about 3 lbs of glycogen and water rebound.

I was sick to my stomach this past Saturday and it really impacted my performance in a severe way. I forced myself to go in and push through most of the workout before it just got too bad and too miserable.
    Attachment 521
    Name:  IMG095.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  94.6 KB

This was Tuesdays and I felt much better and increased in most of my lifts.
    Attachment 522
    Name:  IMG094.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  89.3 KB

Todays workout I don't have a picture of but here are the numbers. I remember them, much easier when the weights don't change from set to set.

DB Flat Bench - 85 lbs x10, 10, 10, 6 - up 5 lbs here.
    DB Incline Flies - 40 lbs x10, 10 - Was pretty hard this time prob from being more worn out from the heavier presses.

HS Rows - 102 Lbs x10, 10, 10, 10 - I did these instead of DB's because I jammed my thumb on the heavy bag last night in one of those 30 second fast and hard as you can drills. So I needed to do a false or hook grip. Used a heavier weight since the balancing and control factor had been removed going to the machine.
    DB Pull Overs - 70lbs x10, 10

Standing DB Shoulder Press - 55lbs x10, 10, 10, 8 this was a large increase at 5 lbs per and I am pretty happy with the reps.
    Rear Delt Flies - 20lbs x10, x10 these ended up being rest paused on last set to get 10 and I think my form could have been better so I will definitely stick with this weight for a bit.

DB Overhead Triceps Ext. - 75x10, 10, 10, 8 Up 5 lbs from last time.

Seated Leg Curls - 95x10, 10, 10 , 10 - Could have gone up but running yesterday has my knee a little sore from being out of condition. I figured no reason to risk any injury.
    Leg Press - 6p +25 per side x10, 10, 10, 6 - I was working hard to get through my last set and muscularly I was sure I had it but then I got a cramp at the base of my skull and it squeezed something that made my head hurt pretty bad so I stopped immediately and started trying to get the knot to release. I will stay at this weight next week just to be sure I would have completed it. Who know when muscle failure may have popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I noticed you are running the nyc stack. I'm running it for the first time right now and really like it. I'm dosing it @ 1pill 3x per day atm. What are you dosing at and what are your thoughts on adding more yohimbine hcl?
    Yeah I am actually adding in 5mg of Y-HCL to it now.
    Current Training Log -

14. Looks like you did a decent job maintaining Chris. How soon do you have now before going into full cut mode?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

15. I dropped my cals down slightly this week but will drop them a little more next week which will mark the beginning of this race to be like RickRock13, you know that guy? He is a lean mofo! I think I may need to redo my Avatar to something more inspiring to me like when I was really lean... Remind myself that is the goal daily.
    Current Training Log -

16. My timing is for when It's warm enough to take my shirt off.... no hurrry ....

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I dropped my cals down slightly this week but will drop them a little more next week which will mark the beginning of this race to be like RickRock13, you know that guy? He is a lean mofo! I think I may need to redo my Avatar to something more inspiring to me like when I was really lean... Remind myself that is the goal daily.
    My avatar is the condition I am striving to get back to. It is a hard job, but someone has to do it!

18. I pigged out royally at a chinese buffet last night, including desserts. sigh.

19. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I pigged out royally at a chinese buffet last night, including desserts. sigh.
    You have a cheat day coming to you ? just do the old switcheroo

20. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    My avatar is the condition I am striving to get back to. It is a hard job, but someone has to do it!
    I sense much sarcasm here....I'm thinking your goal is not to look like Danny Devito
    Recoverbro Elite

21. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I sense much sarcasm here....I'm thinking your goal is not to look like Danny Devito
    Hahah... Yea, a lil sarcasm...

I could easily get there though...LOL

22. How funny, I too am trying to look like Danny Devito, I think I have you beat right now.
    Current Training Log -

23. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    You have a cheat day coming to you ? just do the old switcheroo
    yeah, I haven't had a real cheat day in a long time, so I wasn't worried. probably a good thing overall

24. Chris... my time has come, I am ready to give LG with IF a real-deal try! Can you help me figure out my Calories...Macros...Meal Plan, etc? I wanna start this on Monday, I will probably LOG on it!

Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

25. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Chris... my time has come, I am ready to give LG with IF a real-deal try! Can you help me figure out my Calories...Macros...Meal Plan, etc? I wanna start this on Monday, I will probably LOG on it!

Im not Chris but can you post your normal macros, calories, etc? Like where you would start a diet typically...

26. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc
    Chris... my time has come, I am ready to give LG with IF a real-deal try! Can you help me figure out my Calories...Macros...Meal Plan, etc? I wanna start this on Monday, I will probably LOG on it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnnDqH6Wj8">YouTube Link</a>
    Definitely log it Scotty....I'm sure you could get lots of input if you did from Doug, Chris, me, and whoever else....
    Recoverbro Elite

27. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    How funny, I too am trying to look like Danny Devito, I think I have you beat right now.
    Well, actually Danny Devito's "Twin" is Arnold Schwarzenegger!!!.....(if you remember the movie Twins)
    Recoverbro Elite

28. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnnDqH6Wj8">YouTube Link</a>
    And don't forget to drop me a link.

Ur going to shred the fock down!!

29. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post

Al it's pretty simple, just don't overthink it... Just select an 8 hour eating window and eat most of your cals after workout on wd and reduce cals on burn days. Low carbs on burn days, higher carbs on wd's...you could start any time and just log it and you can tweek it based on feedback.

30. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post

I agree, don't get "skinny white boy" syndrome and overwork it. If you have a meal plan you are eating now in 6 meals, just slap 2 of the meals together for each of 3 meals in your eating window. Remove some calories from non-workout days and add those back to the workout days.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lyle Mcdonald Rapid weight loss diet
    By okboy63 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
  2. Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0
    By Anarchy939 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 05:24 PM