cardio when?

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
tis the season for the shred!!!!! so i decided to not do keto again since it was crazy hard and killed a lot of my muscle last year so gonna give the lean gains diet a shot. i normally lift around 1-3pm and i wanna throw the cardio back in, not high intensity but 30-45min of uphill walk for half the time then jog the other half. when should cardio be done during the day? before i lift at the gym? after i lift at the gym? or save it at the end of the day a few hours before bed? im hearing different opinions that if u do it before, u eat muscle, then others say it eats muscle u've just built if u do it after ur workout. help a brotha out. oh and gonna throw in an ECA and maybe clen around april or may since results usually come to a hault around the 2nd or 3rd month for me. i will be startin a log just for ****z and gigglez next week

OafMister

Awards
When cutting or recomping I always do 30 min after I lift, and 60 min on my two off days. Hope that helps brotha

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
If you do it right after you lift you're not destroying anything you just built, because you didn't just build anything. All you did was damage stuff. You won't build anything until you eat and sleep.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I have a hard time believing that based on personal experiences.

ManBeast

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
so conclusion?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Nike said it best: Just Do It! :D (IMHO) you'll probably see *slighter* better results from separating it significant'y from weight training, but this could also affect your sleep patterns if done too late.

ManBeast

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
time to experiment. gonna try doin it tonight and see how i sleep

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
I've been doing my cardio for 30 min after workout. First thing in the morning on off days. It's really the only time I can do it with work and all. I'd like to be able to seperate it from lifting but there just isn't enough hours in the day during the work week.

megamutent8

Awards
hmm in on this, I always had a hard time to determine when the best time to do cardio was

steppinRazor

Awards
in on this..
im back on cardio.. been quite some time too.
ive been told by a couple people (who I​ think know their ****) to hit cardio after weight training..

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i've read that cardio immediately after weight training is the best. due to glycogen stores being depleted (from training), you will start burning fat sooner.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
well i been doin it at night a few hours before i sleep since i after my workouts im dead tired. gonna try this for a few weeks and see whats up

nokkT

Awards
When I was trying to lose a bunch of weight, I did it early in the morning. However, doing it to maintain muscle, I've always done it after I lift.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I do it right after training and it works good enough for me. Too much of a hassle to separate weight training from cardio and training twice a day.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Would 20 mins of walkin incline be good enough to burn fat after 45 min weight training session?

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
Would 20 mins of walkin incline be good enough to burn fat after 45 min weight training session?
this is what i do but incline all the way up and no holdin ur hands on the bar or anything, cant stand it when people do that. and increase speed as u go. i used to start with 2.5mph and now upto 3.2-3.5mph if i walk. if i get bored, the jogging comes in

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
K think im at 2.8-3.0 i put hands on bar but ill switch it up

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I really don't see doing cardio will keep you "up" at night. I mean unless you have some crazy sleeping pattern it actually should make you sleep better by burning calories(energy) and resting for the night...Try mid-afternoon also

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
I prefer first thing in AM or after workout .. sleep uses the days calories repairing while you sleep .. glycogen is used up during weight training, cardio will go after fat for energy .. IMHO

My current cardio .. 3/4 cup of grapefruit (promotes fat burning) & 10 grams of BCAA right out of bed then 40 min of cardio .. another 20 min following my workout .. 60 min on off days ..

Just starting a cut so its gonna probably going to double in the next months

set a schedule and follow it.. See what happens .. tweek it from there

Steakumm

Steakumm

Awards
I do 20-30 min after weight training when looking to cut fat BUT since My daughter brought home a baby Pitbull as soon as he is big enough we are gonna start going for a morning Jog.

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
I know running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning is easier! Sheesh after eating all day and taking supplements I start having cramps and gas! Lol running at night is crazy for me! I thought I was going to explode last night! :)

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
well i cant do it after liftin, im so dead so im keepin it before lift or at night few hours before my sleep

Eberly

Banned
Awards
I like your thoughts
If you do it right after you lift you're not destroying anything you just built, because you didn't just build anything. All you did was damage stuff. You won't build anything until you eat and sleep.

aLinux

aLinux

Awards
For extreme fat loss, I always do HIIT cardio during my workouts:

1. Do a set of weights:
2. HIIT run on spot and pretend you're skipping or if you have enough room, use a skipping rope (2min)
3. 30 sec rest
4. repeat until you're done your workout...and enjoy the sweet 48hour after burn.