Thyroid - I really need an answer

galaxy_

Awards
I will try to make this post short.
I got to post this question here, because there's no Doctor's or anyone with Thyroid problems that are able to answer me.

There's something wrong with my Thyroid in some way, my Doctor dont understand what the issue is tho'. Whatsoever, I've been tested by the Doctor's if I had either hypo- or hyperthyroidism - the tests showed my Thyroid to work just fine/normal.

When I were put on Cytomel T3 (to treat hypo I gained weight like crazy, almost 20 lbs within 20 days). As fast as I stopped taking the Cytomel, I loosed all the weight in approx. 1 month with no special diet. Cytomel is known to work the opposite way (to loose weight). So there's the main issue.

I've lost a lot of hair, when the temperature is above 22 celsius I'm about to die because the heat is burning my skin and I'm sweating like a freakin' pig! I can hardly even eat any food anymore because I get sick and constipated, the food comes out the way I ate it - undigested! My muscles is also aching alsmost everyday and I'm very often sluggish/tired.

When I jump on the threadmil (walking) for approx. 5 minutes I'm about to die and sweat like crazy and my pulse jumps from 90 to over 130 in about 2 minutes.

My body tempereature use to range between 37.5-38.0 celsius all the time, feeling like I got a fever.

Also, cigarettes is known to stimulate the Thyroid gland to produce more T3/T4 in some way, I dont know exactly why. But whatsoever, when I quit smoking I lost approx. 14 lbs in 6 days - and yes, I know that is just unnormal!

I were also hospitalized with "thyroid storm" once, woke up soaking wet of sweat and my pulse were measured to beat over 200/minute. This only lasted for about 1 hour and then it slowed itself down again. Since this, I've had trouble with food/indigestion and where all the symptoms started to occur.

I would really really really appreciate an answer or idea that could contribute to a solution and also why the tests show that I got "normal" Thyroid production.

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
Doesn't sound like thyroid problem to me. One possibility is something called pheochromocytoma....deal more with the adrenal glands. Have your doc check out your urine catecholamines. You really need to work this up... Does not sound right at all.

galaxy_

Awards
Doesn't sound like thyroid problem to me. One possibility is something called pheochromocytoma....deal more with the adrenal glands. Have your doc check out your urine catecholamines. You really need to work this up... Does not sound right at all.
Thank you very much!
I will ask my doctor to test me for this.

And as I read about Pheochromocytoma, that could also explain my flank pain - "kidney pain"!

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
your welcome man. Its a rare condition but you never know, your symptoms sound pretty rare too. Good luck and let us know what turns up.

Thank you very much!
I will ask my doctor to test me for this.

And as I read about Pheochromocytoma, that could also explain my flank pain - "kidney pain"!