MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 9

MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!

Page 9 of 11 First ... 47891011 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Yeah man best of luck....I don't always post in here but I am always reading, watching, and hoping that you find out what's going on

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thank you, everyone. CT scan showed nothing wrong. So, in the grand picture, that's obviously good news. It's back to the drawing board, though. I'm thinking it's far more autoimmune related. I'll probably finish reading that book between today and tomorrow. Here's to another trail in the journey.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well that is good that everything looks good though for sure!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast
    Thank you, everyone. CT scan showed nothing wrong. So, in the grand picture, that's obviously good news. It's back to the drawing board, though. I'm thinking it's far more autoimmune related. I'll probably finish reading that book between today and tomorrow. Here's to another trail in the journey.
    Tbh if it was me I would do something like the gaps diet. Or the pure Robb wolf auto immune diet.
    And just eat that way until things clear up. Eating nothing that has lectins,is pro inflammatory, or messes with anything that would hinder progress back to a healthy guy flora and a healed intestine lining. I ate pure 0 starch paleo for almost three months. Then slowly added stuff back in. Finding what made me feel good and what made me feel like crap. It was rough and no one understood me. But it worked. My skin disorder cleared and no longer was I bleeding from my belly button whenever I ate too much.
    But that's just me.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good to hear that the scan came back with good news, even if it didn't provide a explanation of what's going on.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

The thing is, Matt, that I don't feel bad or any different when I eat anything. Whether it's dairy, wheat, etc., I feel no different. So it's not a matter where, like you, I notice any difference from foods. Is there an allergy/intolerance? There very well is, but I feel miserable enough (because I'm fat and can't lose a pound; simple as that) as is and I'm not going to drive myself into a lack of will of wanting to live by eliminating even more from my diet. If I have an allergy test that pops hot on something, then I'll do what I have to do, but there's no way I'm doing the gaps diet on my own without any data suggesting it. I have no problems giving up gluten for life; the others, I do.

I'm gonna call my doc's office in a bit and see if I can't get in early next week. It should be a matter of he and I finding a new doctor to work with, but I'll be talking to him about dealing with an endocrinologist (which would specifically make sense because of the prolactin issue) or a doctor who specializes in the immune system (which I feel is the key at this point). I'll also have a list of tests I'll bring in; I will request that everyone he has access to, we run. So far, on that list are: Vitamin D, immune panel (hopefully figuring if TH-1 or TH-2 dominance is occuring), food allergies, 4x saliva cortisol, new thyroid labs to see where things are after adding Synthroid back in (T4, T3, TSH, FT4, FT3, rT3, TPO, TPO-Ab, Tg-Ab). I have some others written down and I'm sure I'll have more, but I want to get a jump start on having this information on hand for when I meet with my next doctor.

He'd mentioned Vanderbilt, but I'll also ask if he has any recommendations back up in Indy. It's only a half-hour difference between the two, and if I went the Indy route (largely in case he still has direct contacts there), I could meet up with my parents more easily as that's a 3.5 hour drive for them. Like I said, I'm really leaning more toward the autoimmune route at this point and a doctor who specializes in that. Only 3 chapters into the book I'm reading, there are a lot of cases with similar symptoms/experiences as myself and a lot of them have been able to A) correct the issue after handling the immune side and B) stop taking thyroid hormone.

I'll see what I come up with as I continue to read and make notes of other tests I want to have ran.

I somewhat expected the outcome of today while I was in bed, last night. It seems like it's been one thing after another as far as "Oh! It has to be this!" over and over. After reading just those first 3 chapters of the book, I already thought, "It's probably this and nothing that the abdominal scan will show." However, I still wanted to have it checked just to rule it out and also because I've always had stomach issues of some sort or another. My dad has an autoimmune disorder; it's what has led to his diabetes (which they call type 1.5 because it falls between the two). It makes sense that an autoimmune disorder is causing the main problems. I always wondered why Hashimoto's was even a big deal to diagnose because the treatment was still the same as hypothyroidism: exogenous thyroid hormone. But as I've continued to research, I've learned that while that's the common treatment, it's not actually the correcttreatment for Hashimoto's. Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disorder that just so happens to affect the thyroid. Therefore, the course of action to be taken is addressing the autoimmune disorder and figure out what is causing it; whether it's a food intolerance, antigens, inflammation, etc.

So, I'm back to the drawing board, but I've got another 200 or so pages left of this book to read, which I intend on completing before the weekend is up, allowing me to have a better perspective of what to ask for when I meet with my doctor next and anticipate finding a new doctor.

Even with all of this, and today essentially not giving me any answers (though it did; just like my brain MRI, it showed nothing wrong...which is so wonderful to know that once this other issue is addressed, I have that health working in my favor), I feel much better, today. I have a renewed sense of finding out what's wrong and correcting it.

I'm not going to lie, I felt pretty low, last night. I've never been suicidal and I'd never kill myself for a number of reasons. It's a coward's way out, it's a nice sentence to Hell, and most of all, it would be more devastating and hurtful to my parents and I'd never put them through that. All that said, in my mind, I did play out the scenario of doing it (gun to the temple). Now don't misconstrue this as a cry for help or especially not a want for pity. It is neither. I am simply being 100% honest and truthful in all of my postings. Withholding my feelings or experiences doesn't do anyone reading this, who may be suffering from something comparable or at least a hurt that's comparable, any good. So please, there's no reason to bring this back up, but I did want to mention it, because I was feeling that low, last night. Now here I am today and feeling quite the opposite. I still feel like crap because I weigh 270 pounds, haha, but I have a drive and a desire.

I just want this thread to continue to be a place of honesty and a chance for anyone reading to understand how cumbersome things like this can be. One of the cases I read about last night was a woman who had dealt with this for 20 years. I can't even fathom that. I just think most people who suffer from things like this aren't bodybuilders or people who wish to do that with their lives. It has always been my goal to have a body that is in immaculate condition and one day step on a stage or end up in a magazine, so it's different than someone who just has an extra 10 or 20 lbs that they carry and "don't like" but can live with. I was going through old pictures, last night, of college and grad school. I saw emotion on my face and in my eyes and smile that I don't see, anymore. I've been fighting this thing so long that I think I've forgotten what I should actually feel like. Sure, I laugh, still and I smile at some things. But so much of what I do is just a cover to appease those I come in contact with and maybe even myself, so I don't get engulfed by the questions of what's wrong and why; I've just answered them enough and don't care to address them any further--and I still don't have a definite answer, myself.

I feel as though I'm rambling a bit, now. But I did want to update the bulk of this post to be mentioned for anyone reading who might care. Just know that I am fine, friends, and I appreciate each and every one of you. Just knowing that I have others hoping for my return to health and happiness means more to me than I could ever express in words. Thank you.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Oh, and seeing the results from the scan was pretty cool. For anyone who ever has one done, they really don't show you as clear as you might think. A lot of it just looks like different shapes and shades of color; it wasn't nearly as detailed as by dynamic brain MRI. The radiologist who looked it over was really nice and he scrolled through it with me and explained everything. One cool thing (aside from him explaining that all of it looked like a perfect bill of health) was seeing all of the muscle. He pointed out my abs and then you could see all the muscle in my back, too. It was crazy how much there was (if only there wasn't this extra 60 or so pounds of fat in the way lol).
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

I also forgot to mention that I'll be requesting caber to combat the high prolactin. I'd initially wanted to wait on that in case it would have been an adenoma somewhere that we were looking for and I didn't want to skew anything by treating with caber, since I really just wanted to find the key problem. However, at this point, I don't see prolactin being related to an autoimmune disorder unless it's just screwing with the pituitary instructions. Either way, I want to start treating it so I don't risk any gyno or any (more than it already is) decreased risk of being able to have children.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter121 View Post
    s the T3 seeming to help you out any? Just seems odd that you say you are closer to 260 now, and have been on T3 for a bit right?
    No, it isn't. There are two things I speculate. One is the high cortisol can dull thyroid receptor sites from doing anything, thus allowing perfect numbers on blood tests, but no alleviation/change in symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter121 View Post
    I am in for this one brother. After all the test done had the doc said anything about hashimoto thyroiditis (sp?). My mother actually has this and alot of what you have said falls in line with some of the things she was dealing with besides the fact she has MS.
    Well, my doc is a GP and he said in our last meeting if the abdominal scan came up clean that he'd recommend referring me to endocrinology at Vanderbilt. He acknowledges the Hashimoto's being caused by something else but still doesn't see treatment of it being any different than with thyroid hormone. So, I'll be reading the rest of this book and then speaking with him next week and hopefully getting him to sign off on as many lab tests as are offered locally that I request. I'll also be deciding if an endocrinologist or someone else would be best suited to work on the immune disorder situation.

Ideally (heck, knowing my luck, this won't work lol), the immune panel will point toward whether I'm TH-1 or TH-2 dominant and that way I can try to supplement to balance it back out. I'll also have Vitamin D checked to see if that needs supplementation (I imagine it does). It'll be a matter of sorting out if there are any allergens/antigens found and then trying to figure out if the issues are coming from the gut or somewhere else.

Additionally, I need to confirm high cortisol levels with either another 24-hour urine test or a 4x cortisol test and also figure out what on earth is provoking the high prolactin levels. Those are the two things that don't fit in as clearly with the rest of the picture.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

I spent all day, yesterday, calling my doctor's office and getting either a busy signal or the answering machine that picked up after 1 ring lol. I can't say I'm surprised by any of this. I try my best not to leave messages because you have no idea how long it'll take them to respond. Not to mention, I'm just trying to schedule an appointment. I haven't had any luck getting through, today, either. I'll be continuing to call to hopefully get through. I'd drive over there on my lunch break, but their hours are so random that they very well may just be closed, today, and I'd be in rage mode if I drove over to find that.

I put together a list of tests, along with my reasoning for each. I'm going to try to get my doc to sign off on as many of them as he will. I'm going to ask him if he'll get me a scrip for caber to start on that to lower prolactin in the meantime, as well as see if he has any recommendations for an immunologist. He had mentioned endocrinology at Vanderbilt, but the more I think about it, the more I think that's the wrong route. Even if I get a good endo, I'll likely still have someone who is overlooking the Hashimoto's and focusing on lab ranges on blood work; not figuring out and correcting the root cause.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

And I just got through to the doc's, finally. He is apparently out this week, too lol. I've got an appt scheduled for the 23rd, but I'll probably be trying to hunt down someone new in the meantime.

Funny thing about all this is that he had wanted me to drop in this week to have my basic thyroid labs done/checked again, anyway. I'm not sure how he planned on doing that when he couldn't be there to sign off on them.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Also, I don't know how people can willingly accept being fat. I'm to the point, now, where my gut in fact hangs over my pants when I sit down and the bottom of it gets sore and irritated from my belt. I cannot wait to correct this.
  13. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Also, I don't know how people can willingly accept being fat. I'm to the point, now, where my gut in fact hangs over my pants when I sit down and the bottom of it gets sore and irritated from my belt. I cannot wait to correct this.
    Damn bro.
    This is odd. How long did it take for your body to transition like that?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Damn bro.
    This is odd. How long did it take for your body to transition like that?
    It's been ongoing for a while. May of '10 was when I was at 208 and my lowest recent weight. After a week or two, it had managed to jump to 220 lol and I wasn't even eating badly; just not as restricted as the previous 4 weeks straight without 1 cheat meal or cheat food (literally not one thing). Then I decided to bulk for the first time in my life at my friend's suggestion. I went up to 244 in 7 weeks. I added an inch and a quarter to my waist, but a ton of muscle (strength shot through the roof like I assume what a cycle feels like because for the first time in my life, I was giving my body enough calories). From that point, over the next 8 months or so, my weight was pretty much stalled out. I got down to 230 when I was doing the hCG diet, before my weight started increasing at 500 cal/day. I was at 245-248 last June when I was in Hawaii and I'm now around 270.

The worst has obviously been from July until now. Though all of it's pretty miserable in my book, because at 200-208 I had a six pack.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That is just insane bro! Doesn't make any sense.
    PES Representative
  16. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It's been ongoing for a while. May of '10 was when I was at 208 and my lowest recent weight. After a week or two, it had managed to jump to 220 lol and I wasn't even eating badly; just not as restricted as the previous 4 weeks straight without 1 cheat meal or cheat food (literally not one thing). Then I decided to bulk for the first time in my life at my friend's suggestion. I went up to 244 in 7 weeks. I added an inch and a quarter to my waist, but a ton of muscle (strength shot through the roof like I assume what a cycle feels like because for the first time in my life, I was giving my body enough calories). From that point, over the next 8 months or so, my weight was pretty much stalled out. I got down to 230 when I was doing the hCG diet, before my weight started increasing at 500 cal/day. I was at 245-248 last June when I was in Hawaii and I'm now around 270.

The worst has obviously been from July until now. Though all of it's pretty miserable in my book, because at 200-208 I had a six pack.
    Weird.
    Maybe could be something with how you were eating b4 and then how u started to eat to bulk up maybe...?

How were u as a kid teenager with eating and lifting and body comp?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Weird.
    Maybe could be something with how you were eating b4 and then how u started to eat to bulk up maybe...?

How were u as a kid teenager with eating and lifting and body comp?
    It's more complex than that.

When someone gains weight at 500 kcal/day and still working out, that pretty well defies science.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm on the right path to addressing it, now. I just won't know until I can get the labs done that I want.
  18. Elite Member

ITs not rocket science you just have to look in the right places. For Drs this is usually under their noses, but they are looking every where else.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hunter121
    I am in for this one brother. After all the test done had the doc said anything about hashimoto thyroiditis (sp?). My mother actually has this and alot of what you have said falls in line with some of the things she was dealing with besides the fact she has MS.
    Wow sorry to heat about your mom. I too have to deal with the ms and hashimoto among other things with my mom. Not sure what you know or how long you have had to deal with it. But if you have any questions just ask.

Ask far as blake. I have talked to him about this a while back. So far no ms thank god.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I just stopped by to say, "Happy VD Blakey-Poo."

<Fl3x Wuz Hurr>
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I believe in you <3
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    ITs not rocket science you just have to look in the right places. For Drs this is usually under their noses, but they are looking every where else.
    Yeah, aint that the truth.

In my post on page 17, near the bottom, would you agree the tests I'm trying to pursue are good? Would there be anything you'd recommend outside of what's there?

What I'm running with at the moment is nailing down the balance of my immune system to see where TH-1 and TH-2 rate (and also factoring in the CD4/CD8 ratio), along with where my vitamin D levels are (I'd venture to guess deficient and at least certainly not high in range) and determining/reaffirming if cortisol is in fact high by the salivary adrenal index. Based on those results, likely supplement with vitamin D along with supplements that favor the weak side in the TH-1/TH-2 equilibrium to balance it/them back out.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I believe in you <3
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf
    I believe in you <3
    ^^^
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    ^^^
    ^^^
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

^^^
    ^^^
    ^^^
    PES Representative
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

I believe in you <3
    This

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM

^^^
    This

^^^
    This

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift

^^^
    ^^^
    This
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

29. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Right
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

So I was doing some browsing around, this afternoon, and found a doctor in Nashville who was in the search directory from Dr. Kharrazian's site:

http://www.youralternativedoctor.com/

It's funny, because he's a chiropractor (like so many of the doctors who wrote in with success stories in Dr. K's book), but all of the info he has on his site is in line with what the book discussed. I called, but they're only in the office Mon-Thurs. I need to find out if my insurance would cover meeting with him (I doubt it will) and how much it would cost, if not.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    ^^^
    ^^^
    " "

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    This

This

This

This
    and this
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Appointment with my GP in town on Thursday.

I tentatively have an appointment on the following Thursday down in Nashville with a specialist.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Appointment with my GP in town on Thursday.

I tentatively have an appointment on the following Thursday down in Nashville with a specialist.
    Nashville your going to be in my neck of the woods! I hope all goes good.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by larrybailey View Post
    Nashville your going to be in my neck of the woods! I hope all goes good.
    Thanks, man. Appointment is in a few hours and I'm actually fasting so I can just go do my blood work as soon as I'm done instead of tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that will be enough turnaround time for those results to be in for me to take them to the specialist in Nashville. That's actually only a 2 hour haul for me, so it's not that far. It's certainly not something I like to do on a regular basis; especially not for this, but it could be worse.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Thanks, man. Appointment is in a few hours and I'm actually fasting so I can just go do my blood work as soon as I'm done instead of tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that will be enough turnaround time for those results to be in for me to take them to the specialist in Nashville. That's actually only a 2 hour haul for me, so it's not that far. It's certainly not something I like to do on a regular basis; especially not for this, but it could be worse.
    Yeah that's not to bad then, yeah it can always be worst!
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Got 12 vials of blood drawn, haha. I didn't get all the things tested that I wanted to; doc said he'd rather those requests come from an endo or someone else. What was checked:

- TPO-Ab
    - TPO
    - FT3
    - FT4
    - TSH
    - rT3
    - B12
    - Serum folate
    - ANA panel
    - Iodine
    - Vitamin A
    - Vitamin D
    - Vitamin E
    - Homocysteine
    - Prolactin
    - HGH

Still a number of things I want checked, but hopefully the specialist will write a request form for them (mainly TH-1 and TH-2 panels, as well as re-checking cortisol). I'll have to get this new doc or an endo to prescribe the caber or prami for the prolactin. Luckily I haven't developed gyno or anything, but it's obviously something I'm concerned with (as well as depleted dopamine levels in general; and possible serotonin depletion, too -- I may supplement with tyrosine and some other OTC supplements in the meantime).

Appointment with the specialist a week from today is confirmed.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry to hear about all this. I'm just seeing this now. Have you fully tested your adrenals as well?

I have adrenal issues, and things like stims/clen/t3/etc never worked one bit for helping lose weight. Only thing that really did was gluten free / clean CKD/carb cycling. A lot of people who have adrenal issues, are also very carb sensitive, but it's also very difficult to cut/lose weight with messed up adrenals. Usually DHEA is also very low with slow / insufficient adrenals, and DHEA metabolites are really helpful.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Sorry to hear about all this. I'm just seeing this now. Have you fully tested your adrenals as well?

I have adrenal issues, and things like stims/clen/t3/etc never worked one bit for helping lose weight. Only thing that really did was gluten free / clean CKD/carb cycling. A lot of people who have adrenal issues, are also very carb sensitive, but it's also very difficult to cut/lose weight with messed up adrenals. Usually DHEA is also very low with slow / insufficient adrenals, and DHEA metabolites are really helpful.
    Thanks for dropping in, man. My serum cortisol levels have been normal every time and ACTH was normal, as well. However, I had a 24-hour cortisol urine test that had my overall numbers significantly high out of range, but the doc dismissed it because the cortisol per liter was normal (because I pissed about 6 liters in that 24 hours). I've still been wanting to get a 4x saliva test to look at it, DHEA and progesterone, too.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Just took 25,000IU of Vitamin D. I've got a 180ct bottle of 1,000IU softgels that I pulled out of storage and dipped into while I wait for the new Swanson bottle to get here. I'm gonna high dose these first few days and then get on a regimen of about 15,000IU/day.

I also pulled out a ton of other stuff, including the iodine I'd used and stopped shortly after, NOW Thyroid Energy, and a few others. I've read that iodine can be bad for those with Hashimoto's, but mine is low and I know it's important in conversions, so I'm going to get it courtesy of the Thyroid Energy at the moment.

Maybe between the D3 and iodine (and other goodies in Thyroid Energy), this'll start going in the right direction. The doctor in Nashville is VERY alternative (more so than what I'd expected) and I'm not entirely on board with it, but some of it makes sense. Regardless of that, at least some of the supplementation runs concurrent with what Dr. Kharrazian wrote about in his book.

I'm also considering doing a provocation diet, where I basically eliminate almost everything from my diet lol. I can't remember what I get to eat (it's in the book), but it's only a few things and you do it for 3 weeks before starting to add things in. It'll blow for those 3 weeks, but it may be worth it.

I'm normally big on doing one thing at a time to minimize variables (for obvious reasons), but I think I'm just going to jump into this all at once. I don't have a lot of fight left in me, unfortunately.
  40. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

U have fight left, I mean what else can you do?

U can't give up
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
  2. Need to gain weight!!!
    By jakijapuz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 11:21 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
  4. Best Gyno Treatment? Case to case basis?
    By lewisfitness in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 08:25 AM
  5. Help with weight gain
    By golden71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM