MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 8

MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!

Page 8 of 11 First ... 3678910 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words; they're very much appreciated.

8 days Gluten-free complete.

I'll be honest, my brain fog and minor depression have had me going straight home after work and not leaving again to hit the gym. I haven't lifted since Sunday, which is obviously not my normal trend. I did fall prey to letting this thing overtake me back in the summer for 2 months where I only lifted 10 days total between them (whereas I'd normally have lifted 40 days). I'm not going to go down that road, again, so I'll be going, tonight.

My usual split is 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off. I'll start the 3 on, this afternoon. On the bright side, in that time off, I've managed to watch a lot of TV shows lol. I caught up on the first 2 seasons of Justified over the weekend and then watched all of Carnivale on the front end of this week.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Doing good bro. Damn you workout a lot... I do 3 days a week. Though I do full body workouts. Thats a lot of good work you getting in man!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Well good god. If I was able to kick you in the butt through the computer I would just to get you out of this funk. Brother I know it is frustrating but dont let it get to you like that. You are better than that. Remember everything happens for a reason and only the man upstairs knows why. You are just being challenged right now and soon things will get figured out so stop being all moody and depressed and get your a$$ back in the gym or out and about running around and get active. You're only hurting yourself. And those whom love you for not taking care of yourself. Sorry no pity parties allowed.

:smile:
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Well good god. If I was able to kick you in the butt through the computer I would just to get you out of this funk. Brother I know it is frustrating but dont let it get to you like that. You are better than that. Remember everything happens for a reason and only the man upstairs knows why. You are just being challenged right now and soon things will get figured out so stop being all moody and depressed and get your a$$ back in the gym or out and about running around and get active. You're only hurting yourself. And those whom love you for not taking care of yourself. Sorry no pity parties allowed.

:smile:
    No pity party here, my friend.

It's weird; it's never been a "poor me" situation, this has just been a (minor) depression that cast itself over me and just zapped a lot of the energy. Like I said, I won't let this snowball and get worse, but sometimes it's better to just take a few days because when I'm in the gym, I go hard. I almost never have a bad workout. That's because if I don't feel in the zone, I take the day off, rather than going and forcing something.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

It's weird; it's never been a "poor me" situation, this has just been a (minor) depression that cast itself over me and just zapped a lot of the energy. Like I said, I won't let this snowball and get worse, but sometimes it's better to just take a few days because when I'm in the gym, I go hard. I almost never have a bad workout. That's because if I don't feel in the zone, I take the day off, rather than going and forcing something.
    I know brother I was just trying bust your balls and give you some motivation...
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Day 8. You can do it............

Btw, I need to catch up on Justified.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Btw, I need to catch up on Justified.
    I just watched the season 3 premiere, last night. I'll catch episodes 2 and 3, this weekend. Timothy Olyphant is awesome. I want to put my cowboy hat on and drive east until I get to Harlan and see how long it takes me to get murdered lol.

I also had somehow missed season 2 of Workaholics, so I caught the first 6 episodes of it, last night and I'll cap off the other 4 over the weekend, too.

I honestly prefer good TV shows over movies most of the time, anymore.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

Hey Beast, not sure if you have ever heard of it but you can use Niacin to help with mood. It is best to run the flushing kind and build up your dosage so you aren't putting a ton in and freaking your body out. I learned my lesson with that when I was getting ready for Boot camp and trying the old Niacin trick to flush my system. 3kmg will make you feel like you whole body is asleep and your burning up.
    Anyway here is some info, and you can google it a lot of people have used it with good success
    http://spasticgoat.com/2010/10/niacin-depression-cure/
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I'll be your crying shoulder.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love you.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM
    I love you.
    Ditto
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

You guys are getting me all hot and bothered

Today was day 10 or 11 (written down in my workout steno; can't recall) of gluten-free.

Amazing arm session, Friday night. Tossed legs on top of delts/traps, today. Arms felt dead going into it, but I somehow made some gains from last session.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

You guys are getting me all hot and bothered

Today was day 10 or 11 (written down in my workout steno; can't recall) of gluten-free.

Amazing arm session, Friday night. Tossed legs on top of delts/traps, today. Arms felt dead going into it, but I somehow made some gains from last session.
    I've noticed a lot of people reporting this, feeling like crap then hitting a PR. I hope I get one of those days soon... I feel like crap but my PRs don't feel strong at all... they feel like death... I just tell myself I need this last rep or I will die (I don't lift that heavy though)
    RecoverBro ELITE
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

So, I got a phone call at the office, today, from my doctor's office. They said there had been a death in the family and I'd have to reschedule. Instantly, I felt my heart sink as I thought of waiting another week to get back in. Well, they asked if I could come in, this afternoon. So, I got to chat with him and I should be getting a call tomorrow morning about the details of my abdominal scan. He said he wants one with and without contrast to get a better look at everything.

He'd talked to his colleague in Indy and he was intrigued by my case; the high prolactin is what really threw him (and the fact that the brain MRI showed nothing; though a microadenoma could still be there). He said we'd see what this turns up, but he thinks he's going to ultimately refer me to an endocrinologist at Vanderbilt. I told him I was fine with that, but I'd prefer someone he either personally could recommend or was a friend of a colleague (so I don't have the Louisville debacle all over again).

I prayed about this, while I was in the office, waiting for him to come in. I prayed that God would lead us in the right direction; that if he wanted me to pursue another option or that if the scan wasn't the way to go, that he would have the doctor not want to pursue it. Fingers crossed this will turn something up. I feel like I've said this a million times, now, but a tumor somewhere in conjunction with an intestinal problem would explain the whole situation, perfectly. The tumor would explain the high prolactin and cortisol (the high cortisol explaining the downregulated thyroid receptor sites) and the digestive problems would explain my ability to inherently derive more calories from food than someone with a healthy intestinal flora.

Fingers crossed.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Wow, that office sure has some things going on. Can't help but yea. It can get irritating. Life lol.

Hope the scans come back with good information and I'll be praying for ya as well.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I love you.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Wow man I'll be praying for you!

Pray for me too....Lord knows I could use it...
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Wow man I'll be praying for you!

Pray for me too....Lord knows I could use it...
    Thanks, buddy. I always appreciate extra prayers. And I always enjoy taking on more people to pray for, too.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Doc's office called, this afternoon. CT Scan is scheduled for Monday morning.

Giddy up.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Doc's office called, this afternoon. CT Scan is scheduled for Monday morning.

Giddy up.
    Here we go. The start of some possible answers.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Fingers crossed, that's the case.

I've prayed a lot about it and I'll continue to do so. If it's not, then it just mean's God has something different planned for me.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

I've prayed a lot about it and I'll continue to do so. If it's not, then it just mean's God has something different planned for me.
    Searching for answers is life my friend.
    At least your moving forward. I'm proud of you man.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I think that's a perfect attitude, one we've had to adopt ourselves with my wife. Pray for the best but still be ready to accept God's will seeing as we can't fathom the depth of His purposes and what He has in store for us but He knows what's best for us. Hopefully you can get some answers though. Knowing what it is helps alot, even if you can't really treat it sometimes.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Best of luck bro! Will be pulling for ya!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Searching for answers is life my friend.
    At least your moving forward. I'm proud of you man.
    Thanks, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I think that's a perfect attitude, one we've had to adopt ourselves with my wife. Pray for the best but still be ready to accept God's will seeing as we can't fathom the depth of His purposes and what He has in store for us but He knows what's best for us. Hopefully you can get some answers though. Knowing what it is helps alot, even if you can't really treat it sometimes.
    Couldn't have been better stated.

Like I've said, I have learned a lot through all of this, so there's that much that I have and a closer relationship with Christ, so if this is what it took to give me a wakeup call, it was worth it. I just hope I'm almost done learning and can get on the road to recovery haha.

My devotional this morning:

http://odb.org/2012/02/08/just-becau...2%80%99s-good/

Proverbs tells us, “A man’s steps are directed by the Lord” (20:24 NIV).
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Best of luck bro! Will be pulling for ya!
    Thank you. It is greatly appreciated and I'm hoping that Monday will be a day with answers.
  26. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Do you think it is possible that he is stalling your weight loss until I visit America?

That is when the stars with align and everything will make sense in the world again.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Do you think it is possible that he is stalling your weight loss until I visit America?

That is when the stars with align and everything will make sense in the world again.
    It is possible that God is waiting for me to find the love of a good, hairless British boy...

...though upon typing that, it sounds more like the work of the devil. lol
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

It is possible that God is waiting for me to find the love of a good, hairless British boy...

...though upon typing that, it sounds more like the work of the devil. lol
    Lmao!!
    You will fuse with Ben and become invincible!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Got my scan moved up to Friday morning
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Alright man! Sounds good. Lets see what these results will show.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Jeff, just wanted to say thanks for recommending the book by Dr. K.

I just read the foreword and chapter 1, this afternoon. It's a lot of what I've already read so far, but explained/written very well. I expect to learn a lot more as it gets more in depth.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Jeff, just wanted to say thanks for recommending the book by Dr. K.

I just read the foreword and chapter 1, this afternoon. It's a lot of what I've already read so far, but explained/written very well. I expect to learn a lot more as it gets more in depth.
    No problem glad I can contribute in a positive way.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    No problem glad I can contribute in a positive way.
    Most definitely. I plan on reading another chapter or two before bed.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Just slammed a shake for my last meal a little while ago. I felt awful after it. I can't say that's a normal occurrence after having a shake, but man, my stomach just felt like it was full of air and I wanted to puke. It's pretty well gone, now. I'll drink the first half of my "prep" concoction in an hour or so and then drink the remainder tomorrow morning at 6:30 (with my appointment being at 8).
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Just slammed a shake for my last meal a little while ago. I felt awful after it. I can't say that's a normal occurrence after having a shake, but man, my stomach just felt like it was full of air and I wanted to puke. It's pretty well gone, now. I'll drink the first half of my "prep" concoction in an hour or so and then drink the remainder tomorrow morning at 6:30 (with my appointment being at 8).
    What was your last meal ? Like what kinda shake, what else did you put in it? I find that after taking out a lot of things. My body has reactions to things. Like for me, I can't eat much egg plant or I get bloated... NEVER happened before but now I notice. The beauty of eating ONLY the foods you want is you get to filter out everything and gauge to see what food fuels your body best.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Fingers crossed for you today my recover jabroni!
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Praying for you Blake.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Good luck brother
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

good luck bro!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
  2. Need to gain weight!!!
    By jakijapuz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 11:21 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
  4. Best Gyno Treatment? Case to case basis?
    By lewisfitness in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 08:25 AM
  5. Help with weight gain
    By golden71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM