MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!

Page 3 of 14 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Hmm, I never had childhood obesity problems. I was on HGH at age 5... the effects seemed to last all the way up to this point


  2. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Hmm, I never had childhood obesity problems. I was on HGH at age 5... the effects seemed to last all the way up to this point
    you beast you.... lol
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Ok I know you say your disgusted. But come on now. Even with you carrying the extra weight still not bad. It not like you have the dunlap disease like I do. You look better than I do. I have been posting pics since day one. Talk about gross my god. I am a tubby sob. If I was heavy and looked like you I would be some what happy. I know you are like many and want to get lean and you will. Just have some faith. The man upstairs has a plan for you. Just be patient.
    Bro,
    We need to rip this mother apart, I use a simple process which gets to the root cause of the problem in as short amount of time. Psycho neuro-endocrine- immunlogy. I specialize this stuff and once I get ceritification in this it will give me more flexiblity with working with Dr because many of them are still in the traditional mind set. They need to step it up or they will be out in the cold really fast. First of all if your dr is on board then we get specialized testing which will help to get to the bottom of this issue with out having to make you suffer any longer. These cases are a dime a dozen I deal with so it will be easy to isolate the potential issue. In these cases you have to look out side traditional medicine because one will most likely no find the answer. This is probably why they have not been able to give you clinical explaination why because you are not digging deep enough but only scratching the surface. THis is where I would dig i and work along with dr to get the proper testing done then analyze the result then present them back to him.

  4. I have so much to say and so little time to say it.

    Be mindful of your PMs. I'll prob be sending one your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    I have so much to say and so little time to say it.

    Be mindful of your PMs. I'll prob be sending one your way.
    I'll be on the look out. I appreciate you stopping in, man.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    So I stumbled onto a thread on sleep apnea on another forum and it was pretty interesting; it was actually a subsection for a specific company founded by a bodybuilder with sleep apnea.

    The video is interesting to watch/listen to at the very least. I'm hoping to get a chance to talk with this guy a bit just to pick his brain.

    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Ok I know you say your disgusted. But come on now. Even with you carrying the extra weight still not bad. It not like you have the dunlap disease like I do. You look better than I do. I have been posting pics since day one. Talk about gross my god. I am a tubby sob. If I was heavy and looked like you I would be some what happy. I know you are like many and want to get lean and you will. Just have some faith. The man upstairs has a plan for you. Just be patient.
    I'm significantly worse (20+lbs) from those pictures. That was a time when I'd still actually be seen shirtless, even though I couldn't stand going from abs to that. I realize in the large spectrum that things could be worse. However, when I do the math and remind myself that I've been weight-training (regularly; not off and on) for nearly 12 years, it pisses me off. I know God has a plan and this is a trial for me. I will never lose faith in Him or doubt Him; and he can transcend science. However, that doesn't mean I'm at all pleased with how things are.

    The best analogy I can find for it is how people who claim they are a man trapped in a woman's body or vice versa. I am a bodybuilder trapped in a fat body and I've played by the rules and done everything I was supposed to for all that time; so it's frustrating.

    That being said, this thread isn't a place for pity or a place for me to complain, so I'll get it back to what it's meant for: and that's me (with the help of all the minds on this forum) to find an answer and a resolution to this.

    For one thing, I need to spend more time in prayer because I know I've long lacked in that department.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast


    The best analogy I can find for it is how people who claim they are a man trapped in a woman's body or vice versa. I am a bodybuilder trapped in a fat body and I've played by the rules and done everything I was supposed to for all that time; so it's frustrating .
    I completely understand. Heck you have seen my before pics. How I let myself go from that to a 300lb fat ass.
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

    Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

  9. It maybe some food allergy you just got? I found I have been seriously getting worse with time and have to eliminate more and more foods as I go along.

    Last night for example I had some stew my mother inlaw made. It had no flour but I still got a mean reaction to it. My stomach is bloated and I feel that little air space between my belly button and innards expanding.

    I have no idea why. Could be the heavy cream? All I know is eating out at all is a dangerous thing for me.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  10. Ugh.. Same boat.. Work my ass off eat right n supplement stims. No mirror or scale chsnge!

    Got apt with endocrinologist but not until December 1st! Everyday is a nightmare of killing the gym n kitchen and seeing no results for my work. I feel u..
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza
    Ugh.. Same boat.. Work my ass off eat right n supplement stims. No mirror or scale chsnge!

    Got apt with endocrinologist but not until December 1st! Everyday is a nightmare of killing the gym n kitchen and seeing no results for my work. I feel u..
    Your avatar looks pretty sick though!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

    Your avatar looks pretty sick though!
    That was on erase in July it worked awesome.. Now I'm taking it and can't breathe and doing more cardio n look nothing like that! Nothing!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza

    That was on erase in July it worked awesome.. Now I'm taking it and can't breathe and doing more cardio n look nothing like that! Nothing!
    I think our bodies individually have a certain amount of "cut" cycles in us. Like enzyme conversion in our livers and what not. And that basically determines how lean we can stay. After that its like there is a wall that keeps making us fatter.. I'm pretty messed up as well. Probably close to 10g of flour that was in the bowl of stew I ate and today I feel sick, bloated to a point where my normal four pack turned into a beer gut and I have no appetite and feel nausea whenever I see food. Its horrible.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    I just had my follow up appointment after the sleep study, this morning.

    It turns out, I do not have sleep apnea and apparently, I sleep like a champ. I'll upload the readout from the sleep study when the doctor (out of town, currently) signs off on it to release it to me. I went through all the stages of sleep well, hit my dream sequences and had little leg movement. I was receiving at least 90% oxygen through the entire night (lowest it hit was 89-point-something for a very brief time) and it was upwards of 100% most of the night. Apparently, she said I just snore; no apnea associated with it. And that sleep study was all done from my back; which would be the time I would have the most apnea related problems.

    So, that's good news. No CPAP or anything for me.

    Back to digging.

    I just posted (back on page 1) my most recent thyroid levels from the 20th (a month after my prior numbers that looked perfect). These look a little more like what I was expecting. TSH is up to 2.61 from 0.44. It's still in range, but not where I obviously want it. Where it's at now, is reflective of 25mcg of T3 daily, in contrast to the 100mcg/day I was dosing and cut down to the 25mcg/day dose 2-3 days before the blood draw. So, hopefully the doc will look at upping my T3 dosage and reassessing. I was thinking a low dose of T4 to go along with it, but was hesitant due to possible rT3 conversion, again. Plus, the new results show Free T4 at 0.58, up from 0.5 -- the odd thing, though, is this new read out shows it as "within range" but at the very bottom end, whereas the prior showed normal range to be 0.9-1.8; odd.

    Free T3 is actually up to 3.19 from 2.7 a month ago.




    A co-worker had been looking into things for me and sent me a link on copper-overload. It was just on a forum, but it was enough for me to research it a bit more (particularly after finding out sleep apnea isn't playing any role). The following link proved to be a pretty interesting read:

    http://www.tvernonlac.com/copper-toxicity.html

    Since there had already been mention of heavy metal toxicity, this seems worth looking into. When I picked up my thyroid labs, I left a note to see if I can get the following checked:

    - copper
    - ceruloplasmin
    - sodium
    - potassium
    - magnesium
    - calcium
    - zinc
    - chromium
    - selenium

    I should hopefully hear back in a day or two if he'll sign off on me having those looked into.

    The information in the link I posted about everything copper can do to the adrenal glands in particular was notable.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  15. Well the sleep test was a relief I take it. This whole thing baffles me now. Plenty of oxygen while on your back. They cant really test while on your stomach. I guess we need to go back to step one and look for something more than the obvious. We need to get you figured out.

  16. Hmm, heavy metal toxicity, very probable. Drinking out of copper pipes, hell even floride has been linked to competing with iodine on the thyroid receptors. Be interesting to look into
    RecoverBro ELITE
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Hmm, heavy metal toxicity, very probable. Drinking out of copper pipes, hell even floride has been linked to competing with iodine on the thyroid receptors. Be interesting to look into
    Hopefully the doc will sign off on the tests I've requested and if that's it, that would be fantastic, but looking at an overall heavy metal toxicity test is something I wouldn't rule out. I went kind of nuts, today, and started getting rid of all my plastic tupperware and cups. I usually drink out of a plastic 1 liter Aleutian bottle all day at work (4-6 times), but I switched over to a glass. I'll be purchasing a filter for my kitchen sink, soon, too. I drink ~2 gallons of tap water on a daily basis, I eat a ton of canned tuna and chicken (have over the years), so there are just too many possibilities.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  18. Look into BPA free bottles. Gets rid of exnoestrogens(sp?)
    Also, tin foods can be problematic...
    Dr mercola has stuff on his site about this topic
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Hmm, heavy metal toxicity, very probable. Drinking out of copper pipes, hell even floride has been linked to competing with iodine on the thyroid receptors. Be interesting to look into

    i would think that unless you were doing something out of the ordinary, that wouldnt be much of a concern to the average person. Otherwise we would see a lot more people with thyroid problems....but then again maybe there are and they just dont know it?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    i would think that unless you were doing something out of the ordinary, that wouldnt be much of a concern to the average person. Otherwise we would see a lot more people with thyroid problems....but then again maybe there are and they just dont know it?
    Well, when you look at how many people are obese in our country, it isn't that far of a stretch. I'm not saying it's heavy metals or thyroid problems; but just something. I'm pretty sure I've had thyroid problems for a very long time. However, I think something else just kicked in in the past year or so. I used to be able to lose weight, even though it was far harder than it should have been, but then I hit that wall where it flat out didn't matter what I did.

    So for my case, it very well could be thyroid problems that were complicated when copper started screwing with levels (I'd previously tried adding in iodine to help, but it didn't). It very well may not be copper, but if it was, it would make sense.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  21. I still think you should go get your genome mapped......maybe you have something going on at that level....maybe you should have a conversation with a specialist...couldn't hurt

  22. I mean this with a lot of respect and don't want this to come across in any other way.

    We have a lot of people here with knowledge that it is easy for us to make suggestions. How many of us are experts at the stuff being suggested? I appreciate when someone is stuck trying to come up with ideas is as helpful as can be. It is also damaging because it becomes a game pin the tail on the donkey.

    Everyone here is being helpful, it is great to see. I just don't want 100 ideas thrown at MWB and watch him spend thousands without result. I know someone who has done the same.

    - You could have heavy metal toxicity, loads of people have it, I have had mine tested and there were high readings but I was not tested because I suspected anything. Heavy metal toxicity and thyroid problems can be associated.
    - You could have adrenal issues
    - You could have high xenoestrogen levels
    - You could have gene mutations. A lot has been written about the MTHFR gene with an easy asparagus test to identify whether you have mutations in it


    How many of these things, if tested to be high would reverse the problem if he sorted it and how many are secondary? For example, when I paid for tests to be done I had extremely high levels of arsenic, I have extremely high cortisol levels, I had dysbiosis, pathogens, vitamin and mineral deficiencies etc.

    Blake could test something, say "hey, I have high levels of mercury from my fillings, maybe that contributes to my thyroid issue (very plausible)" then he pays hundreds to thousands of dollars getting them removed and going on a heavy metal detoxification programme. He could buy an infra-red sauna to detoxify suspected plastics. He could never touch a BPA containing receipt again, buy water filters for the entire house so no chlorine, metals or contaminants enter his water supply and are absorbed transdermally or orally, he could do a LEAP test and find 75 food intolerances and 3 severe allergies causing an immunological response resulting in raised cortisol, he could pay thousands of dollars to get his genomics results to find certain gene mutations and issues and he could still have the same issue that he started with, "mysterious weight gain".

    I am all for these tests. I just want to make sure that we are a help, not a hindrance. There are things I could have added to this thread from the beginning but I don't want to say "maybe it is this?" because without any assessing, we are just having guesses, which adds to confusion and potentially makes this a longer process.

    All I am saying is, before you remortgage your house to pay for all of this testing, please do it in an educated manner as possible. Let's maybe discuss issues first without blind suggestion. We all want this resolved.

    Ben
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I mean this with a lot of respect and don't want this to come across in any other way.

    We have a lot of people here with knowledge that it is easy for us to make suggestions. How many of us are experts at the stuff being suggested? I appreciate when someone is stuck trying to come up with ideas is as helpful as can be. It is also damaging because it becomes a game pin the tail on the donkey.

    Everyone here is being helpful, it is great to see. I just don't want 100 ideas thrown at MWB and watch him spend thousands without result. I know someone who has done the same.

    - You could have heavy metal toxicity, loads of people have it, I have had mine tested and there were high readings but I was not tested because I suspected anything. Heavy metal toxicity and thyroid problems can be associated.
    - You could have adrenal issues
    - You could have high xenoestrogen levels
    - You could have gene mutations. A lot has been written about the MTHFR gene with an easy asparagus test to identify whether you have mutations in it


    How many of these things, if tested to be high would reverse the problem if he sorted it and how many are secondary? For example, when I paid for tests to be done I had extremely high levels of arsenic, I have extremely high cortisol levels, I had dysbiosis, pathogens, vitamin and mineral deficiencies etc.

    Blake could test something, say "hey, I have high levels of mercury from my fillings, maybe that contributes to my thyroid issue (very plausible)" then he pays hundreds to thousands of dollars getting them removed and going on a heavy metal detoxification programme. He could buy an infra-red sauna to detoxify suspected plastics. He could never touch a BPA containing receipt again, buy water filters for the entire house so no chlorine, metals or contaminants enter his water supply and are absorbed transdermally or orally, he could do a LEAP test and find 75 food intolerances and 3 severe allergies causing an immunological response resulting in raised cortisol, he could pay thousands of dollars to get his genomics results to find certain gene mutations and issues and he could still have the same issue that he started with, "mysterious weight gain".

    I am all for these tests. I just want to make sure that we are a help, not a hindrance. There are things I could have added to this thread from the beginning but I don't want to say "maybe it is this?" because without any assessing, we are just having guesses, which adds to confusion and potentially makes this a longer process.

    All I am saying is, before you remortgage your house to pay for all of this testing, please do it in an educated manner as possible. Let's maybe discuss issues first without blind suggestion. We all want this resolved.

    Ben
    very true, but i think MWB just is putting it out there for everyone as well to perhaps look to any and all problems. totally get how we can be steering him on an endless path to health, but sometimes we have to explore all regions of the problem to get an answer.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  24. I agree. I know he is looking for support. I am just encouraging that people ensure their suggestions are helpful, some of the stuff being suggested is extremely expensive to test for and may not solve his main purpose.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    I certainly appreciate all of your concerns and all of your suggestions/input, as well. I've talked with Ben outside of AM about this a bit and I'll just share it here, as well.

    I'm hopeful that I'll be moving within the next few months to a job back near my hometown and all of my family. Given that, I'm not trying that hard to find a new doctor or a specialist down here. My experience with doctors this entire time is that they'll agree with me, sign off on tests, etc., but show no concern about my weight gain. I suppose since I can still walk on my own, don't require oxygen and I can still fit in "regular" sized clothing, they don't see what I'm going through as anything serious. Since that has been the environment and attitude thus far, I've learned to do as much research as I can on my own and as long as the doctor signs off on my blood work and insurance will cover it, then that's what I'll keep doing.

    Whenever I move, I will immediately seek out a high quality doctor and/or specialist who actually will spend the time to see to it that we address this.

    Until then, I'm just doing what I can on my own and ruling things out. Hopefully I'll hear back soon about the copper/minerals testing and can get that done. The funny thing about that is as I request more and more blood work, he hasn't requested to see me, again. I know if I was a doctor, I'd probably be thinking, "why the heck is this guy doing this and this; I need to get him in here to discuss this."
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  26. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I agree. I know he is looking for support. I am just encouraging that people ensure their suggestions are helpful, some of the stuff being suggested is extremely expensive to test for and may not solve his main purpose.
    Yea... I know it can be frustrating MWB. Id honestly try seeing those chinese docs. I assume they are on the cheaper side. See what they say. Many of those who have made amazing come backs from downs in their lives have said that these docs have helped them correct imbalances etc.

    Robb Wolf, Chris Kresser.. and Im sure a lot more online have gone to a functional medical practitioner and found answers that helped them reach their goals. Im not telling you to visit one. Just see how much it would cost to visit one, if its in your price range then re evaluate and see where to go from there. This is the "natural" way of going about it, Id think it'd be cheaper, last longer, and involve less complications and tests.

    Good luck man, here to learn from you and everyone else. Thanks for posting this stuff dude, its a real struggle and takes real courage to post those pics and the test results and share with us your story.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  27. Well if we could just combine our problems we could both find a happy medium! I eat til I drop and seem to lose a pound! Good luck man my problem has always been the opposite of yours. Hope these doctor's can give you some type of closure!
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Just an update:

    I scheduled a follow-up with my doc on Monday just to discuss some things and pick his brain as to what he personally thought may be at bay. He suggested labs to check prolactin and growth hormone. He felt that if those came back normal it would "effectively" rule out the pituitary as a culprit (based on everything else I'd had tested) and if that were the case, he recommended meeting with a specialist at Vanderbilt or possibly UK for a second opinion.

    Well, prolactin just came back high out of range and he recommends a brain MRI. Their office is in the process of setting that up and getting back to me.

    What was odd was that the blood test checked "human growth hormone" and it came back at 0.04 (ref range: 0.01 - 3.61, or something really close to that). That seems very strange as in January I had IGF-1 checked and it was something like 139 or 159 with the max range being ~170 (it's posted in my labs, but I'm not gonna go dig it up atm).

    Anyway, just an update for anyone who was curious or for anyone else who may be suffering a miserable sentence like me, lol.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  30. Thx for the update!!

    Man it's looking worse but getting closer!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Need to gain weight!!!
    By jakijapuz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 01:21 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 11:22 AM
  4. Best Gyno Treatment? Case to case basis?
    By lewisfitness in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 10:25 AM
  5. Help with weight gain
    By golden71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Log in
Log in