MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!

Page 2 of 11 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Good luck my friend!!!

Detoxing is important, as we are in a world that is FILLED with phyto estrogens and toxins... I dont do any but I should... Im looking into more natural stuff like bathes, saunas, etc. to decrease toxins in my body and help the normal funcitons in my body get back to "normal".
    Thank you. I actually looked up the FIR saunas after reading up on the heavy metals for a brief bit. I saw some personal/portable saunas that were rated decent for under $200; which seems like a small price to pay if that in fact is playing a role in all of this. I saw some actual FIR saunas (not rated as high, oddly) for right around $1,000 which doesn't seem bad, either.

It just seems crazy for me for something like that to cause THIS much trouble (i.e. not being able to lose any weight, but being able to gain tons of it). However, I also thought sleep apnea over a long period of time couldn't either, but perhaps it can (we'll find out soon if it's a factor, at least).

I don't know this stuff at a molecular level, though, like some guys. I'd love to have people who know more about that to interpret my blood work and symptoms.

I suppose I worry a lot, too, because every time I think I have it solved, it comes back a resounding slap in the face. Hypothyroidism seemed to be the answer. It wasn't. Reverse T3 Dominance seemed to be the next; it was not, either. Then I was thinking pituitary or adrenals (neither of which I've entirely ruled out with lab work that points in no real strong direction: AM and PM cortisol blood draws in range, 24-hour urine cortisol significantly high, ACTH normal) and now possibly sleep apnea. I feel like I need to constantly search for possible causes because I don't want to waste any more time like this.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Subbed, very interesting. Hope you can figure this out, I'm pulling for you.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    late sub

I dont quite have the same issues you do but am an insomniac, i had a sleep study done when i was 17 and will have another early Jan. I am 27 now. Ive been on at least 3 prescripion sleeping pills since I was 20, before 20 i was just on 1. I somewhat know your pain.
    That sucks, man. I've actually never had any problems with falling asleep/staying asleep/etc. I've just always known that I snore and I've got other symptoms that point toward apnea. I actually am fine with all of it, I just don't want to weigh 270 pounds unless I look like Jay Cutler lol.

That sucks you've had to deal with that, though. I really hope your next study provides you with some resolution. Keep me posted, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Exiled View Post
    Subbed, very interesting. Hope you can figure this out, I'm pulling for you.
    Thank you for following. It's very much appreciated.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  170 lbs.

Except Midwest your thyroid reverse T 3 is abnormal, your adrenal test is abnormal. The thyroid and the adrenals are part of the endocrine system that are quite delicate and can be drastically altered by chemicals and metals. The reason it is so confusing is that much of the damage from the chemicals and metals is happening on a cellular level for example altering enzymes or cell membranes which then effects energy and weight gain. This kind of damage is "invisible" but very real. I purchased a sauna for $1000. I would be careful with one that costs $200 as it might not be so great. You do want a FIR with ceramic panels by the way. And detoxing with a sauna is great, but it will take time to "sweat" out toxins. This is not an overnight fix.

However, if I were you I would start with the Genova Diagnostics heavy metal test.

If you do purchase this heavy metal test kit as I said before you need to take 500 mg of DMSA before collecting urine otherwise the test will not show you your real body load. If you need some help if you decide to evaluate your metal level I will help you as both my son and myself have done this test. My son's lead levels were high, I had high mercury, cadmium,lead all which interfere with the endocrine system causing fatigue and weight gain.

Opps, I tried to link you the sauna I bought and the web site for the Heavy Metal Test, but I don't have the rank to do that. Sorry.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharktopussie View Post
    Except Midwest your thyroid reverse T 3 is abnormal, your adrenal test is abnormal. The thyroid and the adrenals are part of the endocrine system that are quite delicate and can be drastically altered by chemicals and metals. The reason it is so confusing is that much of the damage from the chemicals and metals is happening on a cellular level for example altering enzymes or cell membranes which then effects energy and weight gain. This kind of damage is "invisible" but very real. I purchased a sauna for $1000. I would be careful with one that costs $200 as it might not be so great. You do want a FIR with ceramic panels by the way. And detoxing with a sauna is great, but it will take time to "sweat" out toxins. This is not an overnight fix.

However, if I were you I would start with the Genova Diagnostics heavy metal test.

If you do purchase this heavy metal test kit as I said before you need to take 500 mg of DMSA before collecting urine otherwise the test will not show you your real body load. If you need some help if you decide to evaluate your metal level I will help you as both my son and myself have done this test. My son's lead levels were high, I had high mercury, cadmium,lead all which interfere with the endocrine system causing fatigue and weight gain.

Opps, I tried to link you the sauna I bought and the web site for the Heavy Metal Test, but I don't have the rank to do that. Sorry.
    All great points and again, I can't thank you enough for weighing in here. I'll look into that test tomorrow.

If you want to post links before your post count is high enough, you can always paste it and put some spaces in between it, too. I truly hope you'll keep posting/following in here. I can't wait for my transformation lol.
  6. Registered User

Stop wondering what is going and one get to the core source of the problem I specialize in this stuff and deal with cases dealing with mysterious illness consulting dr's and client around the world. I am sure I can figure this out using much cheaper methods then playing guessing games as I have seen so many health professionals do. HIt me up. I have been through this merry go round many times personally with medical professionals. There is testing if you have an open minded dr willing to work with me might learn a few things which may help others.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Stop wondering what is going and one get to the core source of the problem I specialize in this stuff and deal with cases dealing with mysterious illness consulting dr's and client around the world. I am sure I can figure this out using much cheaper methods then playing guessing games as I have seen so many health professionals do. HIt me up. I have been through this merry go round many times personally with medical professionals. There is testing if you have an open minded dr willing to work with me might learn a few things which may help others.
    Thank you for dropping in, Matrix. I really appreciate it and obviously have a lot of respect for you. PM coming your way.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Okay, so just to give anyone who was interested a clue about the sleep study, this is how my night went:

I showed up at 8:30 and filled out some paperwork and watched a short video (covering mostly information I was already familiar with). The tech went ahead and got me squared away and hooked up to everything after that. I can't recall the specific number of total electrodes I had on, but I had them on my calves, 2 just south of the collarbone on each side, one near my heart and some on my jawbone, under my eyes and on my neck. The weirdest part about all of it was having her part my hair in who knows how many places to measure, mark and then hook up a couple electrodes. For the boys who bic, you'll have a much easier time lol. She used two different kinds of hair glue/paste (I can't recall the names off the top of my head). It's not bad.

The process of getting everything hooked up took at least half an hour if not a bit longer. After she hooked me up, I chilled (my choice) for about half an hour in the recliner watching the Cards/Brewers game before she came back and helped me get into the bed. Once in the bed, my finger was clipped into a pulse monitor, too. That was probably the most annoying part out of all of it, because it had to stay on all night and within about 5 minutes it was getting on my nerves because of the pressure. She said I could switch fingers, but I kept it on the same one the whole time to avoid the urge to want to continually change it. I ended up staying up to watch the rest of the game in bed, despite being tired. I should have just went to bed, but with the TV in there, I didn't pass up watching the game (and the Cards lost, which made me wish I would have just went to bed anyway lol). I was nodding off a bit during the 9th, so as soon as the Brewers got their last out, I turned the TV off, took my glasses off and went to bed pretty quickly. The good thing was that I stayed up for the game the night before, too, so I wasn't up any later than I usually would be.

I woke up several times. They were all very brief, but I blame my recognizing/remembering them on the fact that I was hooked up to everything and couldn't just turn and roll as I please like I normally would. I managed to stay on my back the entire time (which is what they want, to see me at my worst). The tech woke me up and started unhooking me and asked if I was going to go home and go to bed. I said maybe for an hour, but I'm going to shower and go to work. The times I were told were 8:30 to 6:30. After I was unhooked and looked at my phone (which I left on, but on silent for the night), I realized it was just past 5. I have no clue what that was about and that also means they got 5-6 hours of sleep captured instead of the 7 or so I figured they would. That better not play a role in things or I'll be a bit upset.

She told me to call today (going to shortly) to schedule a follow up, which will probably be in ~2 weeks and then they'll discuss everything from the study.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.

Random question, do you get cold easier than most people?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Random question, do you get cold easier than most people?
    Actually, I usually feel warmer (as far as what type of temperature/climate I want to be in). My hands, feet or skin might feel cold, and my body temp is usually around 96.5-97.5, but I love sleeping and being in cooler to cold rooms/places. A lot of times when I sit in my recliner to watch TV in the evening, I'll turn a fan on pointed toward my legs on a low setting. I keep my house at about 70 most of the time. Both of the bedrooms are upstairs, unfortunately, and it's about 5 degrees warmer upstairs than it is downstairs; so it reads 68 downstairs and 73 up there (unless it's winter). I sleep with just a sheet on unless it's really cold.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.

This is actually pretty interesting.
    If I read correctly, besides being unable to drop pass a specific weight, you can't get rid of extra fat on your stomach or is it an issue other places too?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.

never give up man good luck
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

This is actually pretty interesting.
    If I read correctly, besides being unable to drop pass a specific weight, you can't get rid of extra fat on your stomach or is it an issue other places too?
    I've always had trouble losing fat. Around age 8-10 (I can't tell without photos, which I don't have here) I went from being really skinny to chubby. However, it was always dismissed by my parents, despite nothing else really changing and my activity level being very high.

In high school (junior or senior year), I started running 7-10 miles per night. Even with that, I still carried quite a bit of extra fat. I always dismissed it, though and just assumed I needed to work harder or eat less (even though I was always eating a ridiculously low amount without knowing it).

After grad school, I started specifically training as a bodybuilder and eating like one, too and I leaned up a bit more, but honestly, before that, I was somehow leaner without really noticing it until I looked back. If you look at my bodyspace account (same name), I think I still have a number of pictures up from back then where you can see my lower back and stomach are much smaller even though I was always sucking in and had extra fat.

In May of 2010, I'd hit my best (or 2nd best, since I had extra fat on my lower back compared to a few years ago) physique at 208, but after one cheat meal and a week of trying to dial it back down, I was back up to nearly 220. That's when I tried to bulk and from that point, I've basically literally not been able to lose.

So, it went from being very difficult to, as best as I can tell, impossible.

Now before hand, I had a little extra fat on my thighs, but not much. It was mostly love handles, stomach and lower back (chest was never as lean either, though). Now, I'm to the point where I basically have rolls in the middle of my back where my lats come in (beyond sickening). I also previously had gotten my arms to show the brachial artery, which has long since gone and I don't even have forearm veins pop when I'm working out (really haven't in over a year).
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Masciaman View Post
    never give up man good luck
    Thank you. I appreciate it, man.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  189 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I've always had trouble losing fat. Around age 8-10 (I can't tell without photos, which I don't have here) I went from being really skinny to chubby. However, it was always dismissed by my parents, despite nothing else really changing and my activity level being very high.

In high school (junior or senior year), I started running 7-10 miles per night. Even with that, I still carried quite a bit of extra fat. I always dismissed it, though and just assumed I needed to work harder or eat less (even though I was always eating a ridiculously low amount without knowing it).

After grad school, I started specifically training as a bodybuilder and eating like one, too and I leaned up a bit more, but honestly, before that, I was somehow leaner without really noticing it until I looked back. If you look at my bodyspace account (same name), I think I still have a number of pictures up from back then where you can see my lower back and stomach are much smaller even though I was always sucking in and had extra fat.

In May of 2010, I'd hit my best (or 2nd best, since I had extra fat on my lower back compared to a few years ago) physique at 208, but after one cheat meal and a week of trying to dial it back down, I was back up to nearly 220. That's when I tried to bulk and from that point, I've basically literally not been able to lose.

So, it went from being very difficult to, as best as I can tell, impossible.

Now before hand, I had a little extra fat on my thighs, but not much. It was mostly love handles, stomach and lower back (chest was never as lean either, though). Now, I'm to the point where I basically have rolls in the middle of my back where my lats come in (beyond sickening). I also previously had gotten my arms to show the brachial artery, which has long since gone and I don't even have forearm veins pop when I'm working out (really haven't in over a year).
    Do you know what body fat % you get stuck at?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

So you have seen my pics is your current build like mine? Or are you hell of a lot leaner and carrying the weight your at.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Do you know what body fat % you get stuck at?
    I honestly don't know a percentage. I know that when I did a test back before I left for Hawaii (early May), I was right at 20%.

11-26-08

Name:  11-26-08.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  354.8 KB

10-30-09

Name:  10-30-09.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  241.3 KB

2-10-10

Name:  2-10-10.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  231.7 KB

You can see all the way back at the end of '08, I was really thin at the waist/lower back even though I didn't have visible abs, yet. October of '09 (~3 months after I started training specifically for bodybuilding)is when I really started being able to show abs when I'd flex them versus just the constant sucking my gut in I'd done my whole life. February of '10 shows being pretty lean, too (again, constantly sucking my gut in, though.

So I wasn't fat by any means in any of those, but I always had extra fat, but I'd gladly go back to that compared to where I'm at now.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    So you have seen my pics is your current build like mine? Or are you hell of a lot leaner and carrying the weight your at.
    I did not want to show these because of how embarrassed I am by them (seriously beyond sickened). However, it will show you what I've slipped into. The following pictures are from middle of May and then early June. I was still around 240-245 at this point, at least. I'm currently over 260 and I definitely don't have any pictures that would show any skin aside from arms and face, now.

Name:  6-10-11.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  25.4 KB

Name:  5-28-11.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  21.4 KB

I was still working out hard during this time and eating very clean and light (tried IF for at least a month of this stretch, along with paleo diet). In the past 2 months, I haven't worked out as much as I had, which obviously isn't helping me any, but I do still get into the gym at least 3 times a week if not more and I'm still cautious on calories and everything else.

My gut (though very visible) is still sucked in in those pictures.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Dude you have a good physique in those pics. I know you said your sitting at I think was 270 now? How do you look today?

Ooops disregard you posted as I was typing
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Ok I know you say your disgusted. But come on now. Even with you carrying the extra weight still not bad. It not like you have the dunlap disease like I do. You look better than I do. I have been posting pics since day one. Talk about gross my god. I am a tubby sob. If I was heavy and looked like you I would be some what happy. I know you are like many and want to get lean and you will. Just have some faith. The man upstairs has a plan for you. Just be patient.
  21. Registered User

Hmm, I never had childhood obesity problems. I was on HGH at age 5... the effects seemed to last all the way up to this point
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Hmm, I never had childhood obesity problems. I was on HGH at age 5... the effects seemed to last all the way up to this point
    you beast you.... lol
  23. Registered User

Ok I know you say your disgusted. But come on now. Even with you carrying the extra weight still not bad. It not like you have the dunlap disease like I do. You look better than I do. I have been posting pics since day one. Talk about gross my god. I am a tubby sob. If I was heavy and looked like you I would be some what happy. I know you are like many and want to get lean and you will. Just have some faith. The man upstairs has a plan for you. Just be patient.
    Bro,
    We need to rip this mother apart, I use a simple process which gets to the root cause of the problem in as short amount of time. Psycho neuro-endocrine- immunlogy. I specialize this stuff and once I get ceritification in this it will give me more flexiblity with working with Dr because many of them are still in the traditional mind set. They need to step it up or they will be out in the cold really fast. First of all if your dr is on board then we get specialized testing which will help to get to the bottom of this issue with out having to make you suffer any longer. These cases are a dime a dozen I deal with so it will be easy to isolate the potential issue. In these cases you have to look out side traditional medicine because one will most likely no find the answer. This is probably why they have not been able to give you clinical explaination why because you are not digging deep enough but only scratching the surface. THis is where I would dig i and work along with dr to get the proper testing done then analyze the result then present them back to him.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I have so much to say and so little time to say it.

Be mindful of your PMs. I'll prob be sending one your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    I have so much to say and so little time to say it.

Be mindful of your PMs. I'll prob be sending one your way.
    I'll be on the look out. I appreciate you stopping in, man.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

So I stumbled onto a thread on sleep apnea on another forum and it was pretty interesting; it was actually a subsection for a specific company founded by a bodybuilder with sleep apnea.

The video is interesting to watch/listen to at the very least. I'm hoping to get a chance to talk with this guy a bit just to pick his brain.

27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

I'm significantly worse (20+lbs) from those pictures. That was a time when I'd still actually be seen shirtless, even though I couldn't stand going from abs to that. I realize in the large spectrum that things could be worse. However, when I do the math and remind myself that I've been weight-training (regularly; not off and on) for nearly 12 years, it pisses me off. I know God has a plan and this is a trial for me. I will never lose faith in Him or doubt Him; and he can transcend science. However, that doesn't mean I'm at all pleased with how things are.

The best analogy I can find for it is how people who claim they are a man trapped in a woman's body or vice versa. I am a bodybuilder trapped in a fat body and I've played by the rules and done everything I was supposed to for all that time; so it's frustrating.

That being said, this thread isn't a place for pity or a place for me to complain, so I'll get it back to what it's meant for: and that's me (with the help of all the minds on this forum) to find an answer and a resolution to this.

For one thing, I need to spend more time in prayer because I know I've long lacked in that department.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

The best analogy I can find for it is how people who claim they are a man trapped in a woman's body or vice versa. I am a bodybuilder trapped in a fat body and I've played by the rules and done everything I was supposed to for all that time; so it's frustrating .
    I completely understand. Heck you have seen my before pics. How I let myself go from that to a 300lb fat ass.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

It maybe some food allergy you just got? I found I have been seriously getting worse with time and have to eliminate more and more foods as I go along.

Last night for example I had some stew my mother inlaw made. It had no flour but I still got a mean reaction to it. My stomach is bloated and I feel that little air space between my belly button and innards expanding.

I have no idea why. Could be the heavy cream? All I know is eating out at all is a dangerous thing for me.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Ugh.. Same boat.. Work my ass off eat right n supplement stims. No mirror or scale chsnge!

Got apt with endocrinologist but not until December 1st! Everyday is a nightmare of killing the gym n kitchen and seeing no results for my work. I feel u..
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza
    Ugh.. Same boat.. Work my ass off eat right n supplement stims. No mirror or scale chsnge!

Got apt with endocrinologist but not until December 1st! Everyday is a nightmare of killing the gym n kitchen and seeing no results for my work. I feel u..
    Your avatar looks pretty sick though!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

Your avatar looks pretty sick though!
    That was on erase in July it worked awesome.. Now I'm taking it and can't breathe and doing more cardio n look nothing like that! Nothing!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza

That was on erase in July it worked awesome.. Now I'm taking it and can't breathe and doing more cardio n look nothing like that! Nothing!
    I think our bodies individually have a certain amount of "cut" cycles in us. Like enzyme conversion in our livers and what not. And that basically determines how lean we can stay. After that its like there is a wall that keeps making us fatter.. I'm pretty messed up as well. Probably close to 10g of flour that was in the bowl of stew I ate and today I feel sick, bloated to a point where my normal four pack turned into a beer gut and I have no appetite and feel nausea whenever I see food. Its horrible.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

I just had my follow up appointment after the sleep study, this morning.

It turns out, I do not have sleep apnea and apparently, I sleep like a champ. I'll upload the readout from the sleep study when the doctor (out of town, currently) signs off on it to release it to me. I went through all the stages of sleep well, hit my dream sequences and had little leg movement. I was receiving at least 90% oxygen through the entire night (lowest it hit was 89-point-something for a very brief time) and it was upwards of 100% most of the night. Apparently, she said I just snore; no apnea associated with it. And that sleep study was all done from my back; which would be the time I would have the most apnea related problems.

So, that's good news. No CPAP or anything for me.

Back to digging.

I just posted (back on page 1) my most recent thyroid levels from the 20th (a month after my prior numbers that looked perfect). These look a little more like what I was expecting. TSH is up to 2.61 from 0.44. It's still in range, but not where I obviously want it. Where it's at now, is reflective of 25mcg of T3 daily, in contrast to the 100mcg/day I was dosing and cut down to the 25mcg/day dose 2-3 days before the blood draw. So, hopefully the doc will look at upping my T3 dosage and reassessing. I was thinking a low dose of T4 to go along with it, but was hesitant due to possible rT3 conversion, again. Plus, the new results show Free T4 at 0.58, up from 0.5 -- the odd thing, though, is this new read out shows it as "within range" but at the very bottom end, whereas the prior showed normal range to be 0.9-1.8; odd.

Free T3 is actually up to 3.19 from 2.7 a month ago.

A co-worker had been looking into things for me and sent me a link on copper-overload. It was just on a forum, but it was enough for me to research it a bit more (particularly after finding out sleep apnea isn't playing any role). The following link proved to be a pretty interesting read:

http://www.tvernonlac.com/copper-toxicity.html

Since there had already been mention of heavy metal toxicity, this seems worth looking into. When I picked up my thyroid labs, I left a note to see if I can get the following checked:

- copper
    - ceruloplasmin
    - sodium
    - potassium
    - magnesium
    - calcium
    - zinc
    - chromium
    - selenium

I should hopefully hear back in a day or two if he'll sign off on me having those looked into.

The information in the link I posted about everything copper can do to the adrenal glands in particular was notable.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.

Well the sleep test was a relief I take it. This whole thing baffles me now. Plenty of oxygen while on your back. They cant really test while on your stomach. I guess we need to go back to step one and look for something more than the obvious. We need to get you figured out.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Hmm, heavy metal toxicity, very probable. Drinking out of copper pipes, hell even floride has been linked to competing with iodine on the thyroid receptors. Be interesting to look into
    RecoverBro ELITE
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Hmm, heavy metal toxicity, very probable. Drinking out of copper pipes, hell even floride has been linked to competing with iodine on the thyroid receptors. Be interesting to look into
    Hopefully the doc will sign off on the tests I've requested and if that's it, that would be fantastic, but looking at an overall heavy metal toxicity test is something I wouldn't rule out. I went kind of nuts, today, and started getting rid of all my plastic tupperware and cups. I usually drink out of a plastic 1 liter Aleutian bottle all day at work (4-6 times), but I switched over to a glass. I'll be purchasing a filter for my kitchen sink, soon, too. I drink ~2 gallons of tap water on a daily basis, I eat a ton of canned tuna and chicken (have over the years), so there are just too many possibilities.
  38. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Look into BPA free bottles. Gets rid of exnoestrogens(sp?)
    Also, tin foods can be problematic...
    Dr mercola has stuff on his site about this topic
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

i would think that unless you were doing something out of the ordinary, that wouldnt be much of a concern to the average person. Otherwise we would see a lot more people with thyroid problems....but then again maybe there are and they just dont know it?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    i would think that unless you were doing something out of the ordinary, that wouldnt be much of a concern to the average person. Otherwise we would see a lot more people with thyroid problems....but then again maybe there are and they just dont know it?
    Well, when you look at how many people are obese in our country, it isn't that far of a stretch. I'm not saying it's heavy metals or thyroid problems; but just something. I'm pretty sure I've had thyroid problems for a very long time. However, I think something else just kicked in in the past year or so. I used to be able to lose weight, even though it was far harder than it should have been, but then I hit that wall where it flat out didn't matter what I did.

So for my case, it very well could be thyroid problems that were complicated when copper started screwing with levels (I'd previously tried adding in iodine to help, but it didn't). It very well may not be copper, but if it was, it would make sense.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
  2. Need to gain weight!!!
    By jakijapuz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 11:21 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM
  4. Best Gyno Treatment? Case to case basis?
    By lewisfitness in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 08:25 AM
  5. Help with weight gain
    By golden71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM