MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!

Page 14 of 14 First ... 121314

1. Another guy with Hashimoto's and a similar issue checking in. I'm honestly starting to wonder if I have Cushing's since my cholesterol/triglyceride levels are so ****ed up...

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ScarFace88 View Post
    Another guy with Hashimoto's and a similar issue checking in. I'm honestly starting to wonder if I have Cushing's since my cholesterol/triglyceride levels are so ****ed up...
    I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with something similar. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone.

I had one 24-hour urine cortisol test come back high, so I had an abdominal CT scan to check for any tumors and that came up with nothing (following a dynamic brain MRI that didn't show anything, either), so I think that's essentially ruled out for me. I do, however, still intend to get a 4 or 6x saliva cortisol test done.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with something similar. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone.

I had one 24-hour urine cortisol test come back high, so I had an abdominal CT scan to check for any tumors and that came up with nothing (following a dynamic brain MRI that didn't show anything, either), so I think that's essentially ruled out for me. I do, however, still intend to get a 4 or 6x saliva cortisol test done.
    Any new news???
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

4. How did your first dose of caber go?
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

5. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM
    How did your first dose of caber go?
    Caber is good sh1t. Prami is the devil.

But your taking bc of medical reasons, not AAS....oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Any new news???
    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    How did your first dose of caber go?
    I felt like a drug dealer. It's 20 1mg tabs and they're obviously tiny. I'm just going with .25mg E3D, though I could probably get away with going .5mg E3D (at least to start) since I do, in fact, have high prolactin levels. Regardless, quartering those pills was awful. But, I dosed and nothing to mention, really. Some positive sides possibly noticed, yesterday, but it could have been placebo, too, and it wasn't too significant, anyway. Next dose will be tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Caber is good sh1t. Prami is the devil.

But your taking bc of medical reasons, not AAS....oops.
    Haha, yeah. I did a lot of researching. My initial reaction was caber, but then I started leaning toward prami because of the GH inducing effect, which would be pretty nice, but it's not the reason I'm using it, anyway. But when I was looking at the half life and the possible sides, caber won out.

As far as new news, there isn't much. I'm afraid to even mention it, because I've been down this road before, but the last few days I've lost a little bit of weight. This morning, I was down to 269 and change, which is the first time I've been under 270 in quite a while. I also played basketball last night for the first time in at least 6 months, if not longer. That, let me tell you, blows, when you're used to playing at 210 lbs and having the stamina that I did. I just felt like crap for the 2nd and 3rd games, but I stayed out there. I just have to ease back into it and play big man defense until I get my lungs back to play the way I normally do.

I also officially went back to IF, yesterday. I'd been pretty close to it, anyway, just without the stop time in the evening. With the thyroid meds, I have to wait an hour to eat, and this was just easier to go back to. Like I said, I'm very, very hesitant to get excited about this, because I've seen this happen before and then an inability to do anything after. But, hopefully something has finally just lined up in my body that will allow me to keep losing. I can only pray and hope.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Well, for anyone who happens to still pay attention to this, here is an update.

I got the first batch of some blood work in (have a lengthy list of some other things to check, too). Some how they still botched part of it and didn't test everything (just T3 and not free T3, but whatever). Drove out of town to turn in two days worth of 4x salivary cortisol samples and have an appt. with my doc on Tuesday. Here are the numbers:

* Prolactin: 2.2 (4-15.2)
    Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy: 85.5 (30-100)
    * Calcitrol 1-25 di-OH: 153.7 (10-75)
    Iodine, serum or plasma: 46.3 (40-92)
    TSH: 0.977 (0.450-4.500)
    T4: 7.6 (4.5-12)
    Free T4: 2.4 (1.2-4.9)
    T3: 161 (71-180)
    T3 uptake: 32 (24-39)
    * rT3: 35.4 (13.5-34.2)
    Thyrotropin Ab: <0.51 (0.00-1.75)* TPO Ab: 148 (0-34)

* = out of range

The prolactin went from high OOR to low OOR (17 or so down to 2) from my .5mg E3D dosing of caber. I personally don't think there's any problem with low prolactin, IIRC.

The Vitamin D 25-Hydroxy is up from low OOR. My 15,000iu/day dosing has brought it up to an optimal level.

I've never had calcitriol checked, before, so I don't know what to think of that -- it looks like sarcoidosis or hyperparathyroidism could be issues.

Iodine is up a tad from being low OOR, but I'll still probably start dosing some kelp to bring it up higher.

TSH looks good for the first time in a long time.

T4 and FT4 are good, but I think they still need to be a bit higher (I may need to scale the T3 dose down just a tad and up the T4 dose to keep the ratio closer to the 93/7 it naturally occurs at).

Reverse T3 is high OOR, again, but no where near as bad as it had been in the past. It could be a conversion problem or just stress (which would make sense at this time of year).

First time I've had Thyrotropin antibodies checked, before -- glad to see no problems.

TPO antibodies will always be high, to the best of my knowledge, because of the Hashimoto's. However, I think as things get better, it's supposed to drop a bit.

8. So what's the next course of action from here buddy?
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

9. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    So what's the next course of action from here buddy?
    More research, and help from bro coop
    RecoverBro ELITE
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    So what's the next course of action from here buddy?
    Well, I'll meet with my GP on Tuesday and see what he has to say. One of the office associates said he specifically requested I make an appointment to come back in (which wasn't what we'd previously discussed, so that tells me he sees something he wants to talk about). I also took my two days of 4x salivary cortisol tests in, this afternoon, so I should find out next week (hopefully) what the status of those are.

I have a laundry list of other testing to look at, still. And I also have an appointment later this month to set up the colonoscopy. I was going to do one a year ago, but didn't because of what they said my out of pocket cost would be. That said, it's enough of an issue that it needs to be done and also, I may see if my doc knows any codes to help out with how insurance would cover it (the only reason I say that is because before, it was a doctor from an acute care who set it up, whereas this is set up from my GP and has been an ongoing issue).
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The above is my most recent blood work. I also got back one day of my 4x salivary cortisol and it looks normal (which is good). I have to call Labcorp to try and track down the other 4 samples from the other day.

My colonoscopy is set for June 26.

I've read another book on Hashimoto's.

Arginine is low (which makes me curious of its role due to relation to immune system, as well as NO and my lack of raised veins and the disappearance of my brachials even before I put any weight on).

Histidine and Taurine are both high, but I don't think those are of major concern.

Some other AAs are in the lower spectrum and I don't know if I should take notice or concern of them.

DHT is in range, but very low.

17-Hydroxypregnenolone is OOR.

Carnitines are in range, but look to be on the lower end.

Candida appears to be negative, so that's good.

Adiponectin is certainly low.

I think those are the main highlights.

I also have a thread on the arginine:

Amino Acid Blood Test -- Low Arginine

12. Did these new tests help to figure anything out?
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Did these new tests help to figure anything out?
    Not in particular.

Doc didn't request an appointment after any of these came back. The only thing I have from it is what I noted above. I doubt any of this has to do with the Hashimoto's and such, but I'm genuinely curious about the arginine.
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The following is from a doctor who works out at my gym and I chat with from time to time. A lot of this was like foreign language to me (I've spent a lot of time researching and reading medical literature, but haven't spent that much in these hormones):

Oddly you T is low and your 17-OH pregnenolone is high. This would suggest at least a possibility of adrenal hyperplasia but with the rest of your labs I don’t think that is high on the list. However, there may be some shortage or inadequacy of the enzyme (beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase) this could cause a problem with converting 17OHPreg to DHEA or 17OH-Prog. A shortage of this pathway would then lead to a shortage of other androgens and estrogens. So if you are not taking a supplement causing this elevation, or if you have taken so much of a pro-hormone supplement in the past that has “burned” out the pathway you may then suffer from a reduced androgen level always. Therefore, having trouble maintaining lean body mass and even losing the ability to convert cholesterol to the hormone pathway. But at the same time you would shunt more precursor over to the alternate pathway making more of the mineralocorticoids (aldosterone, etc) that would normally come from the adrenal gland. Those are just a few things I came up with hope that gives you some food for thought.
    High levels of 17-hydroxypregnenolone are linked to CAH:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congeni...ase_deficiency

Low levels of adiponectin are linked to a ton of problems (metabolic syndrome, various types of cancer, diabetes, etc.).

There are definitely a lot of flags raised, here. It's becoming more and more clear that this situation is more complicated than I'd thought and more than just one problem needing to be addressed.

15. Damn bro... That sounds horrible.. He suggest ways to go about fixing or perhaps going about ways to clarify this?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Damn bro... That sounds horrible.. He suggest ways to go about fixing or perhaps going about ways to clarify this?
    Nothing yet. He's just a fellow lifter at my gym; all the help I receive from him is just from his generosity. He is supposed to be contacting a colleague of his who worked in a testing facility at a university medical center, though. I'm hoping that gives me something.

17. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

Nothing yet. He's just a fellow lifter at my gym; all the help I receive from him is just from his generosity. He is supposed to be contacting a colleague of his who worked in a testing facility at a university medical center, though. I'm hoping that gives me something.
    Ah, well good thing he knows even that much I guess eh?
    Looks like it's a step in the right direction!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Need to gain weight!!!
    By jakijapuz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:21 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
  4. Best Gyno Treatment? Case to case basis?
    By lewisfitness in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 09:25 AM
  5. Help with weight gain
    By golden71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 07:16 PM