MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!

Page 10 of 14 First ... 89101112 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    ^^^^
    " "
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep


  2. Hey bro keep your head up, something will get figured out! When ever you feel in the pits like that just turn to your AM bros for support!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
    •   
       


  3. I'm glad we have people like you here. It takes people like you to make this AM community great. Thanks for sharing your story, I still have a few pages of posts to read to catch up, praying for you to find your answer bro.

  4. My weight does that, I will stay at the same weight for three weeks then bam! 5 pounds will shed off! I don't under stand it lol keep your head up!
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by larrybailey View Post
    My weight does that, I will stay at the same weight for three weeks then bam! 5 pounds will shed off! I don't under stand it lol keep your head up!
    Yeah, i had weeks like that, in the past.

    This, however, has been going on for a year+ lol; no lucky 5 pounds off here and there (heck, not even 2 or 3).

    Doctor's appointment is on Wednesday and I plan on stopping in Monday to see if I can get a note in to him to get him to go with the scan due to pain in the abdomen (I even considered going into the ER with that complaint to see if that would get it done, but I'd prefer to have my doc sign off on it and avoid the ER).
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Yeah, i had weeks like that, in the past.

    This, however, has been going on for a year+ lol; no lucky 5 pounds off here and there (heck, not even 2 or 3).

    Doctor's appointment is on Wednesday and I plan on stopping in Monday to see if I can get a note in to him to get him to go with the scan due to pain in the abdomen (I even considered going into the ER with that complaint to see if that would get it done, but I'd prefer to have my doc sign off on it and avoid the ER).
    Go with the doc, cheaper, better, you can ask more questions, more thorough AND less headaches of going to the ER....
    RecoverBro ELITE

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

    Yeah, i had weeks like that, in the past.

    This, however, has been going on for a year+ lol; no lucky 5 pounds off here and there (heck, not even 2 or 3).

    Doctor's appointment is on Wednesday and I plan on stopping in Monday to see if I can get a note in to him to get him to go with the scan due to pain in the abdomen (I even considered going into the ER with that complaint to see if that would get it done, but I'd prefer to have my doc sign off on it and avoid the ER).
    Ahhhhh, it's strange, heck right now I am gaining weight lol probably too much cardio! :-) good luck with your doctors visit. Did you do a body detox.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

    Yeah, i had weeks like that, in the past.

    This, however, has been going on for a year+ lol; no lucky 5 pounds off here and there (heck, not even 2 or 3).

    Doctor's appointment is on Wednesday and I plan on stopping in Monday to see if I can get a note in to him to get him to go with the scan due to pain in the abdomen (I even considered going into the ER with that complaint to see if that would get it done, but I'd prefer to have my doc sign off on it and avoid the ER).
    Good luck! I have faith in you.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  9. Good luck! I have faith in you.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  10. Good luck! I have faith in you.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words; they're very much appreciated.

    8 days Gluten-free complete.

    I'll be honest, my brain fog and minor depression have had me going straight home after work and not leaving again to hit the gym. I haven't lifted since Sunday, which is obviously not my normal trend. I did fall prey to letting this thing overtake me back in the summer for 2 months where I only lifted 10 days total between them (whereas I'd normally have lifted 40 days). I'm not going to go down that road, again, so I'll be going, tonight.

    My usual split is 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off. I'll start the 3 on, this afternoon. On the bright side, in that time off, I've managed to watch a lot of TV shows lol. I caught up on the first 2 seasons of Justified over the weekend and then watched all of Carnivale on the front end of this week.

  12. Doing good bro. Damn you workout a lot... I do 3 days a week. Though I do full body workouts. Thats a lot of good work you getting in man!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  13. Well good god. If I was able to kick you in the butt through the computer I would just to get you out of this funk. Brother I know it is frustrating but dont let it get to you like that. You are better than that. Remember everything happens for a reason and only the man upstairs knows why. You are just being challenged right now and soon things will get figured out so stop being all moody and depressed and get your a$$ back in the gym or out and about running around and get active. You're only hurting yourself. And those whom love you for not taking care of yourself. Sorry no pity parties allowed.

    :smile:
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

    Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Onlychevy6 View Post
    Well good god. If I was able to kick you in the butt through the computer I would just to get you out of this funk. Brother I know it is frustrating but dont let it get to you like that. You are better than that. Remember everything happens for a reason and only the man upstairs knows why. You are just being challenged right now and soon things will get figured out so stop being all moody and depressed and get your a$$ back in the gym or out and about running around and get active. You're only hurting yourself. And those whom love you for not taking care of yourself. Sorry no pity parties allowed.

    :smile:
    No pity party here, my friend.

    It's weird; it's never been a "poor me" situation, this has just been a (minor) depression that cast itself over me and just zapped a lot of the energy. Like I said, I won't let this snowball and get worse, but sometimes it's better to just take a few days because when I'm in the gym, I go hard. I almost never have a bad workout. That's because if I don't feel in the zone, I take the day off, rather than going and forcing something.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast

    No pity party here, my friend.

    It's weird; it's never been a "poor me" situation, this has just been a (minor) depression that cast itself over me and just zapped a lot of the energy. Like I said, I won't let this snowball and get worse, but sometimes it's better to just take a few days because when I'm in the gym, I go hard. I almost never have a bad workout. That's because if I don't feel in the zone, I take the day off, rather than going and forcing something.
    I know brother I was just trying bust your balls and give you some motivation...
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

    Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off

  16. Day 8. You can do it............

    Btw, I need to catch up on Justified.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Btw, I need to catch up on Justified.
    I just watched the season 3 premiere, last night. I'll catch episodes 2 and 3, this weekend. Timothy Olyphant is awesome. I want to put my cowboy hat on and drive east until I get to Harlan and see how long it takes me to get murdered lol.

    I also had somehow missed season 2 of Workaholics, so I caught the first 6 episodes of it, last night and I'll cap off the other 4 over the weekend, too.

    I honestly prefer good TV shows over movies most of the time, anymore.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    No pity party here, my friend.

    It's weird; it's never been a "poor me" situation, this has just been a (minor) depression that cast itself over me and just zapped a lot of the energy. Like I said, I won't let this snowball and get worse, but sometimes it's better to just take a few days because when I'm in the gym, I go hard. I almost never have a bad workout. That's because if I don't feel in the zone, I take the day off, rather than going and forcing something.
    Hey Beast, not sure if you have ever heard of it but you can use Niacin to help with mood. It is best to run the flushing kind and build up your dosage so you aren't putting a ton in and freaking your body out. I learned my lesson with that when I was getting ready for Boot camp and trying the old Niacin trick to flush my system. 3kmg will make you feel like you whole body is asleep and your burning up.
    Anyway here is some info, and you can google it a lot of people have used it with good success
    http://spasticgoat.com/2010/10/niacin-depression-cure/

  19. I'll be your crying shoulder.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  20. I love you.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  21. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM
    I love you.
    Ditto
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

    Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    You guys are getting me all hot and bothered

    Today was day 10 or 11 (written down in my workout steno; can't recall) of gluten-free.

    Amazing arm session, Friday night. Tossed legs on top of delts/traps, today. Arms felt dead going into it, but I somehow made some gains from last session.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    You guys are getting me all hot and bothered

    Today was day 10 or 11 (written down in my workout steno; can't recall) of gluten-free.

    Amazing arm session, Friday night. Tossed legs on top of delts/traps, today. Arms felt dead going into it, but I somehow made some gains from last session.
    I've noticed a lot of people reporting this, feeling like crap then hitting a PR. I hope I get one of those days soon... I feel like crap but my PRs don't feel strong at all... they feel like death... I just tell myself I need this last rep or I will die (I don't lift that heavy though)
    RecoverBro ELITE
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    So, I got a phone call at the office, today, from my doctor's office. They said there had been a death in the family and I'd have to reschedule. Instantly, I felt my heart sink as I thought of waiting another week to get back in. Well, they asked if I could come in, this afternoon. So, I got to chat with him and I should be getting a call tomorrow morning about the details of my abdominal scan. He said he wants one with and without contrast to get a better look at everything.

    He'd talked to his colleague in Indy and he was intrigued by my case; the high prolactin is what really threw him (and the fact that the brain MRI showed nothing; though a microadenoma could still be there). He said we'd see what this turns up, but he thinks he's going to ultimately refer me to an endocrinologist at Vanderbilt. I told him I was fine with that, but I'd prefer someone he either personally could recommend or was a friend of a colleague (so I don't have the Louisville debacle all over again).

    I prayed about this, while I was in the office, waiting for him to come in. I prayed that God would lead us in the right direction; that if he wanted me to pursue another option or that if the scan wasn't the way to go, that he would have the doctor not want to pursue it. Fingers crossed this will turn something up. I feel like I've said this a million times, now, but a tumor somewhere in conjunction with an intestinal problem would explain the whole situation, perfectly. The tumor would explain the high prolactin and cortisol (the high cortisol explaining the downregulated thyroid receptor sites) and the digestive problems would explain my ability to inherently derive more calories from food than someone with a healthy intestinal flora.

    Fingers crossed.

  25. Wow, that office sure has some things going on. Can't help but yea. It can get irritating. Life lol.

    Hope the scans come back with good information and I'll be praying for ya as well.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  26. I love you.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  27. Wow man I'll be praying for you!

    Pray for me too....Lord knows I could use it...
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Wow man I'll be praying for you!

    Pray for me too....Lord knows I could use it...
    Thanks, buddy. I always appreciate extra prayers. And I always enjoy taking on more people to pray for, too.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast
    Doc's office called, this afternoon. CT Scan is scheduled for Monday morning.

    Giddy up.
    Here we go. The start of some possible answers.
    Chaos and Pain -Rep

    Use Discount code: onlychevy620 for your 20% off
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Need to gain weight!!!
    By jakijapuz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:21 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
  4. Best Gyno Treatment? Case to case basis?
    By lewisfitness in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 09:25 AM
  5. Help with weight gain
    By golden71 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Log in
Log in