Heres my diet numbers. Rip it apart!:

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Goal right now is an extremely lean bulk. While taking in the right amount of protein to make good gains on igf-1.

I wont list the foods, just the nutritional value. All carbs are low GI except PWO. And 90% of the fat comes from healthy sources or chicken breasts.

8:00: 21g Protein, 43g Carbs, 8g Fat

9:30: 16g Protein, 36g Carbs, 4g Fat

12:00: 60g Protein, 52g Carbs, 6g Fat

1:30: Workout

2:30: 50g Protein, 75g Carbs, 0g fat (Shake, carbs come from dextrose, and may look like a lot here, but for the drugs i'm using it's necessary)

3:45: 40g Protein, 36g Carbs, 4g Fat

5:00: 50g Protein, 4g Carbs, 2g Fat (shake)

7:00: 73g Protein, 0g carbs, 8g Fat

9:00: 53g Protein, 0g Carbs, 10g Fat

11:00: 50g Protein, 4g Carbs, 16g Fat (shake w/ flax)

Totals: 3100 Calories, 390g Protein, 250g Carbs, 60g Fat (50p/30c/20f)

Last edited:
JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Leave your opinions, i'm still a diet newbie. Mainly it's more my TIMING of foods, as i pretty much know WHAT foods to eat (thanks bobo).

As of right now, i pretty much stop eating carbs around 4:00, and before 4:00 i dont eat that much fat as eat more towards the night. Basically in an attempt to keep fat/carb mixture low.

Last edited:

keith1569

Awards
it does seem to be a good diet..i eat between 3000 and 3500 calories myself and i also try to keep my fat and carbs low..it does seem like u have a lot of protein but like u said the igf-1 likes it

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Holy **** Blaze, that's a helluva meal schedule man...:D

I think the multiple meals are lookin good....I only have time to eat 6 times however...if I had the chance, that's what I'd do...

If that ratio is working good for you, then stick to it and it's fine...however, if you notice gains slowing, etc, then I would most definately swith it to a 40/30/30...P/C/F....

I would however keåp the protein the same, and still have carbs/fats at 30/30....cuz if you switch it now, then you won't have enough protein....know w hat I mean??

Basically keepp the protein hovering at 400 unless you have to of course up it later....but that being the minimum.....and then just factor out a 30/30 split for your carbs/fats...you want some carbs for that GH....you'll probably be leaning out from that alone anyhow...(I just repeated myself..lol)

Actual foods would be good to see still....you getting in veggies and that sorta thing?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
BTW man, what's your calories look like when on maintenance? Above 3500? Just wondering.... :blink:

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BTW man, what's your calories look like when on maintenance? Above 3500? Just wondering.... :blink:
i maintain at 2750 calories, and bulk around 3100. Its all i can eat in a day. Keep in mind i'm around 195lbs at 9%, not huge like you. :hammer:

As for the 40/30/30, i will add more as soon as i'm able to eat more, lol. Right now 3100 and i'm FULL, i plan to eventually add a bit more and be around 3350 or so, but for now its a no go.

BTW-6 meals and 3 shakes, plus i'm a student w/ no job. I'm home studying for a good portion of my day anyways, so its not too much trouble to just cook up some food real fast.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think of the way i have it w/ the carbs in the morning, pre and PWO w/ no fats during that time.

And then fats at night w/ no carbs.

Does that look okay?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think of the way i have it w/ the carbs in the morning, pre and PWO w/ no fats during that time.

And then fats at night w/ no carbs.

Does that look okay?
YEah I think it looks alright....I always seem to do the same no matter if I eat more carbs towards the end of the night vs. not eating them past 6 or 7PM....I always seem to look fuller right around noon about an hour after my second meal. And no earlier if I were to have some stored in a manner of speaking for the next day from late night carbs ups...that's just me of course....

As for your ratio, you already have your protein and carbs where they need to be now....you could add in some Tbsp. of oil in your evening shakes to get it to be a 30 split...JMO...

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As for your ratio, you already have your protein and carbs where they need to be now....you could add in some Tbsp. of oil in your evening shakes to get it to be a 30 split...JMO...
I was thinking maybe a bit of natty PB, yes no?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking maybe a bit of natty PB, yes no?

Yeah, but that would also come with unwanted carbs...but it could be done....

I just like putting oil in cuz it's doesn't need to be chewed...:D

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I think an avocado would be something you can consider adding at night as well. A 100 gram avocado will yield approx. 177 cals, 2.1 g's protein, 6.9 g's carbs, 17.3 g's fat.

And, by living in California you can easily find them for a good price. I've been on an avocado binge recently.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Great meal plan JonBlaze !
Are you taking your P+F meals at the end of the day for a reason?
I've read several articles and diet plans and some have fat consumption in the first two meals of the day, others have your setup at the end of the day. Yet they both claim to be excellent meal plans for fat loss... Have you tried both? If so which plan lead to better fat loss?
I may just have to sign up for one of Bobo's plans.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great meal plan JonBlaze !
Are you taking your P+F meals at the end of the day for a reason?

I may just have to sign up for one of Bobo's plans.
Yes, i eat carbs in the morning to help starve off catabolism and also pre and PWO (i lift at 1:30) because carbs are needed then. I do however take 1/2 spoonful of whey w/ my breakfast.

My second reason is fat circulates in the body much longer than carbs, so i figure it has a lot less chance of being in contact w/ carbs eating fat at night, then in the morning. I have no idea if theres any truth to this, it's just an assumption.

As for signing up w/ bobo, you really should. Everything i know about dieting, i've learned from asking him questions for about a month straight, and we barely scratched the surface. The guy has so much knowledge on the subject its insane, and will basically take all the guesswork out of what i feel is easily the hardest part of bodybuilding, diet.

Dan

Awards
Maybe you could try eating the same amount of protein in each meal - might help you absorb more.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
nope the body has to be tricked, so varying the amount of proteins would be better.. naturally, you would not get the same at every meal.

Dan

Awards
So the varying amounts of protein are to trick the body into what, staying lean?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
JonBlaze,

Your plan looks fine, I wouldn't worry about carb timing or anything else of the sort, the reality is that fat can be produced regardless via active cellular metabolism from carbs and protein. Fat is the only macronutrient that has a passive transport mechanism, however the amount of energy this saves is only on the order of around 5% (I'm not in the mood to go trolling on pubmed right now).

I am contsantly frustrated by the bodybuilding community's insistance on holding on to pseudo-scientific nutrition originating from people trying to sell diets and 'healthy' food. Carbs don't make you "bloat" (at least, I wouldn't call fuller, rounder muscles bloat), that's a function of your Na/K intake quantity/ratio. In reality clean bulking works better (IMHO) because of the VASTLY superior bioavailability of nutrients from natural sources (the vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, vitamin A, found in multis is either inferior[beta carotine in vitamins has been shown to actually be carcinogenic, whereas the plant form is not] or be poorly bioavailable[zinc, magnesium, vitamin C, and others I'm sure]) along with additional substances/phytochemicals you get in whole, unprocessed food. Check out http://www.whfoods.com/, the food list is GREAT, there are some ok recipes there, though the site's editorial staff has a new-age-ish slant... Though it's still far better than pseudoscience dork Joseph Mercola's site mercola.com, which is constantly being referenced by newbies.

Anyhow, getting off of rant mode - your diet should be fine, don't trouble yourself too much though, count calories and protein, eat tons of veggies and whole grains particularly, and do a LOT of exercise (very low intensity long duration [over an hour] is most conducive to your goal of a clean bulk as it improves nutrient partitioning and burns fat without causing fatigue or hindering recovery) and your results should be great.

I think I remember seeing your pic in on the site before (in the manbeast pic thread?) you're doing well bro, you just need to pack some more mass on your frame... It'll come :)

Ex Nihilo