Girlfriend can't lose weight

s7mgte

Awards
My girlfriend goes to the gym everyday and goes hard. Does about 45 minutes of cardio and trains muscles as well. She also doesnt drink any alcohol and eats super clean. Shes about 5'6 and weighs 180. She is mainly big boned with a muscular frame and not in bad shape but has this cellulite on her legs she cant lose no matter what. Shes trying to get to 140-150 but cant budge from her weight. Does anyone have any ideas to try? We both know a ton about training and nutrition but this is just weird.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My girlfriend goes to the gym everyday and goes hard. Does about 45 minutes of cardio and trains muscles as well. She also doesnt drink any alcohol and eats super clean. Shes about 5'6 and weighs 180. She is mainly big boned with a muscular frame and not in bad shape but has this cellulite on her legs she cant lose no matter what. Shes trying to get to 140-150 but cant budge from her weight. Does anyone have any ideas to try? We both know a ton about training and nutrition but this is just weird.
Answered in your duplicate/other http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/174350-girlfriend-cant-lose.html thread.

~Rosie~

Steakumm

Steakumm

Awards
5'6 and weighs 180

I would find a New girlfriend

We both know a ton about training and nutrition

A TON HUH?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very ignorant post. I'm kind of sick of seeing people make judgments solely based on weight and height.
Absolutely. If you are not going to contribute something of value to a thread, Steakumm, then please refrain from posting.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry i haven't read your other posting. can you maybe tell us what she is eating and how often? When is she doing cardio?

s7mgte

Awards
Sorry i haven't read your other posting. can you maybe tell us what she is eating and how often? When is she doing cardio?
Right now shes doing some crazy hcg diet and taking in 500 calories a day. It seems to be the only thing she can drop on supposedly. Doesnt seem too healthy to me. And she is doing cardio in morning after workout.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for your reply. This new diet thing she is trying will not last long. I have a relative that tried that and was going nuts cause she wasn't getting enough calories. My wife is or should i say was the same size as your girlfriend. We changed up her diet and exercise routing and she has lost 15lbs so far. she is eating about 1600-1800 calories per day. How many days of cardio is she doing as well as for how long. Is she doing it in the morning when she first wakes up or after eating? Or is it done in the evening after her workout?

s7mgte

Awards
she does about 5 days of cardio in the mornings. most of the time i think she does it before she eats. At one point she was doing cardio for 45 minutes and then swimming laps in a pool after and still couldnt drop. Shes mentally insane with food now because she just wants to be able to eat normal and drop but cant. Shes scared to eat anything with fat or carbs in it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right now shes doing some crazy hcg diet and taking in 500 calories a day. It seems to be the only thing she can drop on supposedly. Doesnt seem too healthy to me. And she is doing cardio in morning after workout.
The diet is highly likely the reason why she is not making any progress - she's exercising heavily and she's well into starvation mode; her body is going to fight her for everything and not lose anything! It is far from healthy and not something that can be sustained for even a reasonable period of time. There is another thread here that touches on the HCG Diet: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/128316-my-girlfriend-needs.html - definitely NOT necessary and certainly NOT the way to get maintainable results (sure, she will lose weight fairly fast, but she is going to lose a lot of muscle mass compared to bodyfat, and once she returns to normal eating, it is all going to rebound)!

With all due respect, the comment you made that you both "know a ton about training and nutrition" is very inaccurate, since one who is knowledgeable on nutrition (and training) would NEVER follow such a ridiculous and extreme diet - they would know how to EAT (and train) to get the results they want.

Your girlfriend needs to START EATING. She needs to take a good, long, hard look at her NUTRITION and target it sensibly and appropriately for fat loss for HER. Just to give an example, I am 5'1.8" and 115 pounds and I stay relatively lean all year round eating ~4,000 calories a day - more than many of the guys here eat for BULKING; your girlfriend does NOT have to starve herself to lose fat (if her exercise levels is high, she will have a reasonable Maintenance level, like I do), but needs to correct her nutrition specific for her for her goals and needs!

As I mentioned above, see my reply in http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/174350-girlfriend-cant-lose.html for more advice and information on what she should be doing.

~Rosie~

s7mgte

Awards
Oh she knows that its not healthy and the right thing to do. but she feels its the only thing that works.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh she knows that its not healthy and the right thing to do. but she feels its the only thing that works.
Trust me when I say that it is NOT "the only thing that works". As I mentioned, you have at your disposal the advice and information necessary for her to change what she is doing to start making progress and getting the results she wants in an effective and healthy manner. However, if she is determined to stay on it and do it regardless, then that is her decision; I can do no more here and wish her all the best.

~Rosie~

s7mgte

Awards
It just doesnt make sense though. I know girls who are in great shape and dont go to the gym and eat crap all day and drink all the time. And then theres my gf who does the complete opposite and cant get there. I know people have different metabolisms but it just seems extreme.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It just doesnt make sense though. I know girls who are in great shape and dont go to the gym and eat crap all day and drink all the time. And then theres my gf who does the complete opposite and cant get there. I know people have different metabolisms but it just seems extreme.
It doesn't matter what anyone else does - she needs to find what works for HER! INDIVIDUALIZE! Everything she does should be SPECIFIC to HER! It's not all about metabolism, and even then, you can "change" your metabolism through manipulation of nutrition and training. She needs to start from a baseline and adjust her nutrition weekly dependent on her results - instead of staying here trying to justify what she is doing, get her started on the RIGHT path, then experimenting to find out what is most effective for her and optimal in getting the results she wants. I assure you that she can definitely lose fat without going to such extremes (which will only be detrimental in the long term - the same as those girls' lifestyles you mentioned above will "catch up" on them in the long term and not in a nice way); she just has to be prepared to try it. Harsh as it sounds, you cannot help someone when they say they want help but do not really want help, do not want to and will not listen to the truth, and are determined to do things their way regardless - as I said, no matter what I or anyone else says here, in the end it is her decision on what she does and how she goes about pursuing her goals.

~Rosie~

s7mgte

Awards
Trust me when I say that it is NOT "the only thing that works". As I mentioned, you have at your disposal the advice and information necessary for her to change what she is doing to start making progress and getting the results she wants in an effective and healthy manner. However, if she is determined to stay on it and do it regardless, then that is her decision; I can do no more here and wish her all the best.

~Rosie~
I saw that you said i should look at your advice on what she should be doing. Wasnt sure what to look at though. Can you maybe give us a sample workout plan and diet to try?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw that you said i should look at your advice on what she should be doing. Wasnt sure what to look at though. Can you maybe give us a sample workout plan and diet to try?
The 3 Keys to Fat Loss contains a sample training programme for the beginner and more experienced trainee. As far as nutrition, you should be able to put something together based on the tips in the article.

Otherwise, take a look around - there is plenty of information and samples re nutrition and training for fat loss out there; a good place to start is some of the articles listed under "Rosie's Must Reads" on the right-side of my Training/Supplementation Journal. If you can't be bothered, I recommend actually getting her a trainer that knows what they're doing and will individualize everything for her to do it for her.

~Rosie~

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what exactly are her goals? Is she just trying to lose some body fat and tone up? PM me with your email address and i will send you a copy of my wifes diet. Just for reference. It may not work the same for your girlfriend as it does my wife but it will give you a starting point. There are literally a ton of different ways to eat a nutrition plan. Some do a high protein low carb low fat. Some do high carb medium protein low fat. Etc.. Etc... The best way for people men and women to train and lose weight would be focus on 1-2 lbs per week. There will be times when a person will and can lose more. Example if you watch the biggest loser. That show is all about numbers. Lose the most amount so you dont get kicked off the show. I am not saying there training or nutrition is wrong cause i am not there to see how it is done. But some things i do know is when the extremely heavy people lose fat real fast there skin may not shrink. I myself was a very lean person while playing sports. When i retired in 2003 from sports. I had surgery after surgery and literally gained 100 lbs. I am not getting back in shape. I follow a 45/40/15 diet same as my wife and i have currently lost 37 lbs of fat and put on 7lbs of muscle in the last 90 days. while my wife has lost 15 lbs of fat and only gained 3 lbs of muscle. The break down is like this. 45% of my diet is Protein, 40% Carbs., 15% fat. Not everyone will agree that i am doing the right thing and it is not for everyone. But it is working for us. Cardio in the morning on a fasted state and work out in the evening. My cardio varies every time. One day will be H.I.I.T cardio for 15-20 minutes and other days 30-45 minutes at a moderate pace.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The 3 Keys to Fat Loss contains a sample training programme for the beginner and more experienced trainee. As far as nutrition, you should be able to put something together based on the tips in the article.

Otherwise, take a look around - there is plenty of information and samples re nutrition and training for fat loss out there; a good place to start is some of the articles listed under "Rosie's Must Reads" on the right-side of my Training/Supplementation Journal. If you can't be bothered, I recommend actually getting her a trainer that knows what they're doing and will individualize everything for her to do it for her.

~Rosie~
This is also very good advise.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
A GOOD trainer will be able to help her out, just lay everything out and explain her goals. There is something going on that needs adjustment, sometimes it just takes time. Be patient.