HCG Diet without the HCG Diet Log

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
HCG Diet without the HCG: Diet Log

Howdy all. Its been awhile. I've been out of the gym for a few months now and surprise, surprise, I've gained weight, ballooning up to 300 lbs. Anyways, a guy I worked with who was pretty fat lost 35 pounds in 25 days on the HCG diet. I thought to myself, if his fat ass is skinnier than me, I need to do something.

Here's my plan: I'm gonna try the hcg diet, just not take any HCG. I have a hunch I'll lose weight anyways. I'm going on vacation to Jamaica in two weeks, so I'm gonna follow it two weeks then come off the diet for the vacation, then reevaluate after that.

I weighed 301 last Wednesday before I went to National Guard training. And I'm guessing I'm sitting around 30% bodyfat. I'm going to do two 250 calorie meals a day. An early lunch and a dinner. Each meal will have 4 oz of chicken breast or lean beef, spinach or lettuce, one italian breadstick, and an orange, 5 strawberries, or an apple. I will be drinking 3 liters of water/seltzer water and drinking large quanties of coffee. I'll start each day with a green mix with alcar.

Day 1 and 2

Did the diet as prescribed. Energy is way up, probably because my digestive system is chilling so hard. Hungry. I'm drinking water or coffee whenever hungry. I even went out with colleagues for lunch and just had an espresso and water. Feel ok tho. I made sugar free jello before bed and it hit the spot.

Day 3

Weighed 286.5 in the gym today. That's like 14 pounds less. Same scale. That has to be water weight. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in to see your results.

I'd be willing to bet you'll drop a lot of weight. The big thing is that your body isn't going to care whether it's fat or muscle, so prepare to lose muscle mass too (not saying you're wrong in what you're doing; just be prepared for this). That is where the hcg is supposed to shine in all of this; being muscle sparing.

Anyway, I"m interested to see how it goes for ya.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'm in to see your results.

I'd be willing to bet you'll drop a lot of weight. The big thing is that your body isn't going to care whether it's fat or muscle, so prepare to lose muscle mass too (not saying you're wrong in what you're doing; just be prepared for this). That is where the hcg is supposed to shine in all of this; being muscle sparing.

Anyway, I"m interested to see how it goes for ya.
Losing muscle doesn't. Really bother me, as long as I lose fat too. I can eat and look at a weight and put on muscle, but when it comes to losing fat, it's another story. If I like the diet I may try it again later with the HCG just to see if it makes a difference.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Post your results. Personally, I think HCG Diet should die in a fire. But good luck with it.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Post your results. Personally, I think HCG Diet should die in a fire. But good luck with it.
I hear where you're coming from. IMHO, the diet is designed with fatasses in mind. You see quick results, its simple, and it teaches you to eat in small quantities.

Day 4:

Just finished my last meal. Here's today's meal list:

Meal 1
-5 strawberries
-4 oz of 92% grass fed beef
-1 grissini breadstick
-2 handfuls of baby spinach

Meal 2
-1 apple
-4 oz of Buffalo
-1 grissini breadstick
-2 handfuls of argula

I list them as meals, but I actually spread them into two meals each. I'm not as hungry as you'd think a 290 pound man would be on 500 calories a day.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Subbed as well.

Though I think you should look into something like The Zone Diet for more of a long term thing. 500 cals is ridiculous to try and sustain for anything other than a crash diet.

Here are a couple links if you are interested...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/92572-fuel-talk-pt.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/114810-zone-meal-week.html
Thanks for the info Copycat! I think you're right about this being a crash diet. I just woke up STARVING. Toughing it out tho.

That Zone Diet is interesting, but it seems REALLY complicated. I understand how the point system works, but I don't understand how it gave me the total number of points for the day.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info Copycat! I think you're right about this being a crash diet. I just woke up STARVING. Toughing it out tho.

That Zone Diet is interesting, but it seems REALLY complicated. I understand how the point system works, but I don't understand how it gave me the total number of points for the day.

How come you aren't doing the injections?

the HCG *may* help out your mood and muscle loss, since hcg increases test. how much with such a low dose, i don't know.

GL on the diet , though. I tried it a couple years ago and i couldnt do it longer than 12 days. I weighed 150, and got down to 139. I found out it is definitely only for size reduction - not definition. I felt like i was dying. I remember opening up pb jars just to smell it lol. trail mix smelled like the most amazing food on the planet.

However, my brother found it to be the only way he could lose weight.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
How come you aren't doing the injections?

the HCG *may* help out your mood and muscle loss, since hcg increases test. how much with such a low dose, i don't know.

GL on the diet , though. I tried it a couple years ago and i couldnt do it longer than 12 days. I weighed 150, and got down to 139. I found out it is definitely only for size reduction - not definition. I felt like i was dying. I remember opening up pb jars just to smell it lol. trail mix smelled like the most amazing food on the planet.

However, my brother found it to be the only way he could lose weight.
I'm not doing the injections for two reasons.

First, I'm curious how much placebo is involved with the HCG diet.

Second, I had a nice stash of HCG from cycles years ago until my wife decided to throw away all the "expired supplements" in the counter without telling me and I guess I'm just bitter about that.

14 days is pretty much what I'm shooting for. My plan is to do this, go on our week vacation to Jamaica and come back and start a more reasonable diet.....ie Anabolic Diet or Zone Diet. I guess the third reason I'm doing this diet is to see how much I can lose in two weeks taking in 3500 cals a week :).

Btw, 11 pounds in two weeks at that weight is nice. That's like me losing 22 pounds in that time period.

How much weight did your brother lose?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I'm not doing the injections for two reasons.

First, I'm curious how much placebo is involved with the HCG diet.

Second, I had a nice stash of HCG from cycles years ago until my wife decided to throw away all the "expired supplements" in the counter without telling me and I guess I'm just bitter about that.

14 days is pretty much what I'm shooting for. My plan is to do this, go on our week vacation to Jamaica and come back and start a more reasonable diet.....ie Anabolic Diet or Zone Diet. I guess the third reason I'm doing this diet is to see how much I can lose in two weeks taking in 3500 cals a week :).

Btw, 11 pounds in two weeks at that weight is nice. That's like me losing 22 pounds in that time period.

How much weight did your brother lose?

my brother has tried clen, ephedrine, lots of exercise, strict calorie restriction and he couldnt lose weight.

he's recently started on his 4th hcg diet cycle i believe. not counting this cycle i think hes down 50 or 60lbs. started around 260 i believe and nos hes in the 210s.

ive argued back and forth about whether the injections do anything and ive conceded they have to help. maybe he has naturally low test. who knows. but i do know for sure hes struggled to lose weight on every diet but this one.

i didnt like the diet for getting defined. i was already slim, obviously at 150. but at 139 i didnt get much more cut. which means i probably lost a pound or two of muscle and mostly carb/water weight. maybe a few lbs of fat.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my brother has tried clen, ephedrine, lots of exercise, strict calorie restriction and he couldnt lose weight.

he's recently started on his 4th hcg diet cycle i believe. not counting this cycle i think hes down 50 or 60lbs. started around 260 i believe and nos hes in the 210s.

ive argued back and forth about whether the injections do anything and ive conceded they have to help. maybe he has naturally low test. who knows. but i do know for sure hes struggled to lose weight on every diet but this one.
Has he had any blood tests done? If he hasn't, I'd highly recommend it. I sound(ed) about the exact same and was gaining weight at really low calories when my nutrition/training and even supplementation were spot on. Turns out I have hypothyroidism.

So whether it's low test or hypothyroidism, or maybe nothing; it's worth looking into to get an answer.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the weight is still melting off. Weighed in at 283.6, putting me down about 17 pounds in five days. I'm sure at least half is lost water weight, but my face and gut look noticeably thinner.

I tried lifting today .....it was horrible.....I felt weak and had no stamina. I'm sure that's no shock with the calorie intake.

Started creatine, bcaas, and sesamin.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Looks like the weight is still melting off. Weighed in at 283.6, putting me down about 17 pounds in five days. I'm sure at least half is lost water weight, but my face and gut look noticeably thinner.

I tried lifting today .....it was horrible.....I felt weak and had no stamina. I'm sure that's no shock with the calorie intake.

Started creatine, bcaas, and sesamin.

oh yeah, my brother doesnt exercise at all while hes on the diet.

i think resistance training with hardly any calories for recovery is just a recipe for muscle loss. not fatloss.

my opinion only

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Man, I just use a zone calculator. The idea is by knowing your measurments like hight weight, sizes, activity level the calculators come up with a measurment in blocks you need. these will help keep you on a 40/30/30 macro. Which the Zone believes to be superior for not only weightloss, but performance. Only diff is at high performance levels, the number of blocks will go up to meet caloric needs.

It does take a liitle getting used to, but once you catch the hang of it, you'll be good. You really do need to weigh the food out in the beggining though. After some time you will become good at eye balling it, but at first not so much.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a bit more info on the zone in a PDF.

Attachments

StupidThyroid

Awards
Good luck with the HCG diet man. Midwest, may I add you as a friend. I'm a guy whose hypothyroid also, and it's super rare to find another guy around my age with it, and especially another one whose into fitness.

Slight sidetrack, my bad Robin.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, GMA has been off the chain with stories on this the past week or two! I saw them doing a promo for a story when I left for work yesterday and tracked it down today on their site. I just searched for "hcg" on the GMA page and got like 10 videos lol.

The one I watched had Dr. Oz and was fairly interesting. It's funny because they keep showing success stories (and mention the complication cases, too), but they're so afraid to call it a good idea. Granted, I think it shouldn't be a first resort at all. it's all about getting your nutrition in check and understanding it; but in some cases, it's actually beneficial (like the above mention of someone's brother not being able to lose any other way).

The worst thing is seeing how much people are charged for all of that when if you did it on your own, you're looking at a price tag of under $100, easily.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 6:

Took the wife out to an italian restaurant in Little Italy for her birthday. I had already agreed to eat and drink normally that night so she wouldn't feel awkward.

Let me just say NORMALLY I would've ate all my food then gone after her food. Last night I ate about half of my gnocchi alfredo and was done. Felt like ass afterwards from stuffing myself too. I think my stomach has dramatically shrunk.

Anyways, that was my cheat meal, back at it again today.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Weighed 285 at the gym today, so I gained back 2 pounds. Felt great working out. Did a heavy full body workout. I think the creatine helped and also I think my body its getting used to ultra low calories. Hunger has disappeared for the most part as well.

At this point I'm definitely questioning the role hcg plays in this diet's weight loss. People in most of the logs attribute energy and lack of hunger to the hcg, but I feel energetic and don't feel hungry without hcg.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Also, forgot to mention the supps I'm on:

- geranium extract@ 25 mgs
- bcaas@ ~ 20-25 grams taken throughout the day
- alcar@ 3-4 grams ed
- creatine mono@ 10 grams ed
- caffeine in coffee throughout day

freddiefoxx

Awards
hello all i'm 38 yo i currently weigh 303 lbs i have previously tried all kinds of diet in order 2 lose weight. i recently bought some hcg some pink magic pills, testforce2,a50, and some clearshot with the hopes of dropping some 70 lbs. can someone please advise me on the amount of supplementation correct diet protocol when should i take the supplements and the best test boosters natural or unnatural available currently. i'm open minded to any and all suggestions. i would really like 2 drop this weight by july

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hello all i'm 38 yo i currently weigh 303 lbs i have previously tried all kinds of diet in order 2 lose weight. i recently bought some hcg some pink magic pills, testforce2,a50, and some clearshot with the hopes of dropping some 70 lbs. can someone please advise me on the amount of supplementation correct diet protocol when should i take the supplements and the best test boosters natural or unnatural available currently. i'm open minded to any and all suggestions. i would really like 2 drop this weight by july

The number one factor that's going to play a role is going to be nutrition nutrition nutrition. The second is going to be exercise. The last thing will be supplementation. As for nutrition you can look at my posts above and find some links and pdf attachment which I hope will help put you on the right track.

freddiefoxx

Awards
quick question can anyone recommend a test booster that actually works 38 yo male needs help

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quick question can anyone recommend a test booster that actually works 38 yo male needs help
There are tons and tons of Test Booster threads discussing which ones people prefer on the board. Just use the AM search bar towards the top and use key words like test booster, best.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And not to hijack Rob's thread any further (sorry, Rob), but like CopyCat pointed out - you'll want to focus more on nutrition (and if that doesn't work, get some blood work done to make sure your levels are all good).

I've had some of my best success without any supplementation outside of a multi-vitamin and some protein. No joke.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
And not to hijack Rob's thread any further (sorry, Rob)
Its all good Beast!

They're right tho, nutrition is 85%, training is 10%, and supps are just fun (unless you're talking AASs).

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 9:

I cheated. It was 2 hours before I was playing volleyball and I felt like ass so I ate a banana. I figure 560 calories one day won't kill anyone. I played decent considering. I felt pretty normal game one, but games 2 and 3 I was hurting.

Two things I've really been feeling are an apathetic mood and a low libido. I think my test levels must be crashing. Tomorrow I'll hit the gym and get a weight.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9:

I cheated. It was 2 hours before I was playing volleyball and I felt like ass so I ate a banana. I figure 560 calories one day won't kill anyone. I played decent considering. I felt pretty normal game one, but games 2 and 3 I was hurting.

Two things I've really been feeling are an apathetic mood and a low libido. I think my test levels must be crashing. Tomorrow I'll hit the gym and get a weight.

This is the problem with the HCG diet. You're eating too little and you're bound to cheat. If you're going to be working out hard, you can afford to eat more calories. Like, if you're eating 500 calories and do nothing all day, maybe you'll be ok. If you eat 500 calories and bust ass playing volleyball, odds are you won't be ok.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9:

Whats the good word big man?

I had a friend who did the HCG who dropped a good bit of weight and it kick started his motivation and now quite healthy. Anyway, he followed the diet and on saturday dinner literally gorged himself. It was the only way he felt happy throughout the week cause his mood would drift down daily. In his 40 days I believe he did something like 30ish pounds, but that was what he needed to start a real regimine and keep it going.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should also be hungry. Hunger is a good thing. It means your metabolism hasn't totally crashed yet.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what I've read on reviews (particularly from bodybuilders who have ventured into this; not just average joes), it was the hCG that gave them the feeling of not going off the deep end. If it does what it claims, it's releasing fat stores for energy, that you wouldn't necessarily get with just simply cutting the calories (going after the easiest source of energy rather than fat specifically).

I've read where some feel a bit fatigued on occasion, but for the most part they feel fine and actually maintain their strength (so one could argue a good amount of the muscle from starting point) for the duration.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Whats the good word big man?

I had a friend who did the HCG who dropped a good bit of weight and it kick started his motivation and now quite healthy. Anyway, he followed the diet and on saturday dinner literally gorged himself. It was the only way he felt happy throughout the week cause his mood would drift down daily. In his 40 days I believe he did something like 30ish pounds, but that was what he needed to start a real regimine and keep it going.
Not too much Adams! How you been?

What your friend did is what I'm looking to do. I want to break my crappy eating and especially drinking habits and get back into a healthy lifestyle. I'm not someone who has to try hard to gain mass so incidental muscle loss doesn't bother me.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
This is the problem with the HCG diet. You're eating too little and you're bound to cheat. If you're going to be working out hard, you can afford to eat more calories. Like, if you're eating 500 calories and do nothing all day, maybe you'll be ok. If you eat 500 calories and bust ass playing volleyball, odds are you won't be ok.
Yeah. My initial thinking was that since I hurt my back a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have to play any volleyball while on the diet, but the back was feeling good and the team was short, so I played.

And I agree with you, the HCG diet has flaws. I'm thinking when I get back from my Jamaica vacation in a couple of weeks I'll get back on the Anabolic Diet, which has worked well for me in the past.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read on reviews (particularly from bodybuilders who have ventured into this; not just average joes), it was the hCG that gave them the feeling of not going off the deep end. If it does what it claims, it's releasing fat stores for energy, that you wouldn't necessarily get with just simply cutting the calories (going after the easiest source of energy rather than fat specifically).
I've read that too, but I'm just not sure its true about the fat stores. If that were true, why wouldn't it work at higher calories too? I'd like to see a sampling of people on 500 calorie diets with and without HCG and see if there was a significant difference.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read that too, but I'm just not sure its true about the fat stores. If that were true, why wouldn't it work at higher calories too? I'd like to see a sampling of people on 500 calorie diets with and without HCG and see if there was a significant difference.

I can't recall exactly where I saw it, but I feel like I've seen one where people talked about doing exactly that; like at a 1,000 calorie diet instead.

I've also seen varying levels of hCG taken. I think 125iu is the standard, but some people have bumped it up a bit and reported "feeling" better.

I'll agree with the flaws that have been pointed out with the diet, but I don't think it's one to rule completely out. It deserves further study for sure.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I can't recall exactly where I saw it, but I feel like I've seen one where people talked about doing exactly that; like at a 1,000 calorie diet instead.

I've also seen varying levels of hCG taken. I think 125iu is the standard, but some people have bumped it up a bit and reported "feeling" better.

I'll agree with the flaws that have been pointed out with the diet, but I don't think it's one to rule completely out. It deserves further study for sure.
Interesting. It'd be enlightening for me to try this diet at a later date with HCG and compare results and how I felt. Its not gonna happen tho....I wouldn't subject myself to this diet a second time. :)

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MidwestBeast again.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MidwestBeast again.
:grouphug:

But seriously, I've got that message about 3 times this morning already lol. I can't help it if a select group of people keep saying good things!!! :aargh:

:lol:

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have done the HCG diet(inj) on a 2 occasions over the years. It worked great and I lost 20 or more lbs each time. The last time I tried, I went with a formula that many say works which is a sub lingual formula that I mixed up myself. Well, I don't know if my HCG was no good, or the formula is flawed, but after 5 days, I felt AWFUL. I had a VERY sick feeling and was very weak. I thought I was in a complete fog mentally as well. I came off the diet and ate and within a few hrs, I was back to normal. At least for me, low cals without HCG doesn't work. With HCG, no problem. Without HCG..felt like death.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
M
I have done the HCG diet(inj) on a 2 occasions over the years. It worked great and I lost 20 or more lbs each time. The last time I tried, I went with a formula that many say works which is a sub lingual formula that I mixed up myself. Well, I don't know if my HCG was no good, or the formula is flawed, but after 5 days, I felt AWFUL. I had a VERY sick feeling and was very weak. I thought I was in a complete fog mentally as well. I came off the diet and ate and within a few hrs, I was back to normal. At least for me, low cals without HCG doesn't work. With HCG, no problem. Without HCG..felt like death.
I think I'm believing the HCG talk now. How you felt after five days is how I felt today. I'll post what happened below.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Day 10: 285 pounds (-16)

Today, at work I was just dying. I had no ability to focus and everyone was telling me I looked tired (after 3 cups of coffee and 25mg of geranium extract). I ended up eating my second 250 calorie meal by 1 pm. Anyways, I went to the gym and had a great workout. When I got back, I was still starving and decided that this diet wasn't working for me anymore. I've lost productivity at work and I am finding myself not really depressed, but pretty much apathetic, with low libido :(. I decided that I'm going to start the Anabolic Diet tonight, and try to get myself back on track.

I don't know if this is a failed experiment or what, but as you guys said from the start, and what should be obvious is that 500 calories is not enough for a 285 pound man :).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad to see you'll be going back to the anabolic diet, bro.

This has been very interesting to follow for sure, but once you start feeling that way, it's definitely more important to get back to feeling good.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to see you'll be going back to the anabolic diet, bro.

This has been very interesting to follow for sure, but once you start feeling that way, it's definitely more important to get back to feeling good.
Thanks for all your support Beast. I had a steak tonight and I feel better already. :)

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 10: 285 pounds (-16)

Today, at work I was just dying. I had no ability to focus and everyone was telling me I looked tired (after 3 cups of coffee and 25mg of geranium extract). I ended up eating my second 250 calorie meal by 1 pm. Anyways, I went to the gym and had a great workout. When I got back, I was still starving and decided that this diet wasn't working for me anymore. I've lost productivity at work and I am finding myself not really depressed, but pretty much apathetic, with low libido :(. I decided that I'm going to start the Anabolic Diet tonight, and try to get myself back on track.

I don't know if this is a failed experiment or what, but as you guys said from the start, and what should be obvious is that 500 calories is not enough for a 285 pound man :).

I don't understand how the HCG works, but I know there was a HUGE difference in how I felt on the Inj. as opposed to the subling. That tells me that there IS a difference. I don't care what people who haven't tried the diet might say. Also, I haven't heard one person that has used the diet mention that they have lost a significant amount of muscle.

The first time I used it, I was close to 300lb. Lots of muscle but lots of fat too, so 500 can be enough, u just gotta add the HCG! :swordfight:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kronic Weight Loss 2
hvactech Weight Loss 7
asamkhan Anabolics 14
kingdong Anabolics 8
Weight Loss 0