My body wont loose weight, what can I do?

DrEvil

Awards
Hello guys,

Let me make this story short. Last year April - October I was working out 6 days a week and lost like weight only on the first 2 weeks. Started with a 2000 cals/day diet and then lowered it to 1400 cals/day. I bought a bodybugg and ensured I was burning at least 2800 cals/day and still could not lose any weight. In September I was eating around 1400 cals/day when I realized my body temperature was 95.6 at night (94.5 in the morning) I was shocked my body lowered the metabolism. So I scheduled an appointment with my doctor and did not know what was wrong with me because my TSH was normal. So I began eating more to increase my metabolism. Then I went on a 2000 cals/day diet and on December 16 my body temp at night was back to 97.9 degrees at night. After that I went on vacation and did not diet. When I came back of vacation my body temp was normal 98.6. December 17 I went to see an endo who did a TSH and T4 test that came out normal.

So January my temp was back to normal and I began to eat maintenance for a few weeks then back to 1800-2000 cals/day to see if I could lose weight. NO NO no weight loss whatsoever :( my body temp has been 98.6 most of the time since I began working out. There have been a couple of 99 and a couple of 97.9's. So I went to see the endo again and my results were normal.

The Endo does not know what is wrong with me she said that my setpoint might be high and I might not lose weight. She checked for Thyroid and Testosterone levels.

Thyroxine (T4)
T4.Dree(Direct) 1.52
TSH 1.720
Triiodothyronine (T3) 134
Reverse T3 267

So I don't know what to do next :( this is really frustrating. I read in this article "Kent Holtorf: Long Term Weight Loss - More Than Will Power?" that the ratio from Free T3 to Reverse T3 should be 2.0 but my ratio is 0.5 I don’t know if Triiodothyronine (T3) is Free T3 or something else (can't post a link because I have less than 20 posts so it wont let me)

Back in September I would have been considered as having all the symptoms of the Wilsons temperature syndrome, but not anymore since my body temp is back to normal, my nails are back to growing straight, my hair is no longer falling..etc but yet I still can't lose weight.

Any guys with experience on this matter that might be able to share some knowledge?

Thanks
Dr Evil

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Go to male anti-aging there's a man that goes by Matrix.if anybody cann help he can.As far as cals go i eat 2400 a day with a jump to 3400cal on sat and im losing about 1-2%body fat a week also doing cardio fasted every morning and lifting 6 days.Trying to find best cardio right now.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
What is your height and weight?

Fuel your body for intense workouts and a high metabolism and you will get lean. My guess is that you need to eat more calories, cleaner calories, and put more effort into your training. I wouldn't focus too much on the hormone investigation. Everyone's body metabolizes through the same mechanics so a lot of the guys who have lost a lot of weight on here will be able to help you. I personally have lost a bunch of fat and can say, you just gotta stay in the fight and keep working at it. It isnt going to be a 2 month thing and you then look like a movie star. Work hard and work smart. Find a few guys whose pictures you want to emulate and pm them for their diet and training schedule. I am sure they would be flattered to help someone who truly wants to get results.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's definitely a very unique case. My initial thought was thyroid, but you shot that down quick (great TSH level, btw). I agree that Matrix might have the best idea. Are you gaining weight at all? or just NOT losing? Because if the ladder is the case, you may just not be taking in enough calories on a regular basis.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

Kellyflan1

Kellyflan1

Awards
Find a few guys whose pictures you want to emulate and pm them for their diet and training schedule. I am sure they would be flattered to help someone who truly wants to get results.
^^^^ Just don't emulate his picture unless you want boobs.

snuggy

Awards
I was hitting 200 lbs when I realized to reduce weight. My blood works and cholesterol levels came normal but my blood pressure was extremely elevated. I was skeptical to start the dosages for BP. I learnt yoga from a guru and started practicing Pranayama, Surya Namaskar & Kapalbathi. I also started a 2 hours brisk walking regimen. All these made me shed 25 lbs in 3 weeks. I need to reduce 20 more pounds to reach my BMI but am really confident that I can reduce that with determination.

VeganMike

Awards
Try a vegan diet. You'll lose weight guaranteed.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try Phentermine 37.5 diet pill I achieved my target of losing 20 pounds easily and still maintaining it. If you want to get it from a reliable source, Get it from here phenblog.com
Is better that's everyone LEARN how do things right NOT crush the brain with this sh1t.

this why AM Forums exists.... LEARN...TECH...LEAD ;)