Cutting Stack Overkill?

ruffrhyder

Awards
Hello all. I've been trying to get my BF% down the last 6 weeks since I completed a bulking stack of PMAG and MDROL. So far I dropped from about 15% down to 13% and it seems I can't seem to make anymore progress without losing the muscle mass I gained from the bulking stack. I feel too weak to train if I drop my calorie intake any further.

I was thinking of running the triple crown stack (Titanium, Erase, and Alpha T-2) along with Lean xtreme. Would these 4 be overkill for cutting? My goal is to get down to about 10% BF and have a visible 6 pack. So far, I've only got the top 4 but a tire of fat around my lower waist as well.
I'm eating roughly 2,000-2,200 kcal/day during training days, Mon-Fri.
I do 40 min. HIIT in the morning on an empty stomach, then heavy weight training 5:00 PM.
On the weekends I eat about 2,500-2,800 kcal most of the additional cals come from CHO.

Any suggestions on my stack or my diet? I've been told I should drop to about 1,800 kcal a day but when I did that for a few days I was just dragging at the gym come evening weight training session.

Current supplements:
NOW liquid multi vits.
Creatine
Cayenne and Garlic pills
Dymatize protein
Krill oil

Stats:
27 years old
5'8"
150 lbs.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
cutting so soon after a cycle = bad idea

You need to maintain that mass for at least a couple months so your body can adjust and recover, then slowly transcend into a cut.

ruffrhyder

Awards
Oh man, I had no idea, thanks for that info! It was about 2 weeks after my PCT finished when I started cutting down my cal. intake. Is it too late to bump my cal. intake back up to maintenance? I've been cutting for almost 6 weeks now.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Yea I would bump the calories back up, bulk or maintain for another 2 months - gain back the muscle you might of lost during cutting - then slowly start going into a cutting phase.

ruffrhyder

Awards
Thanks again, but as far as the cutting stack goes, will those 4 supps be overkill when I decide to jump back into a cutting stack?

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I would drop the lean xtreme as Erase already has cortisol properties. You should see good results with just the crown stack.

ruffrhyder

Awards
Can we get more details on your diet?
Sure, typical day Mon-Sat.

5:00 AM HIIT = 45-50 min.
6:00 AM Banana, Protein shake (1 scoop of protein w/ 8 oz fat free milk, creatine and dextrose)
6:30 AM 4 boiled egss, whole wheat bagel, grilled chicken breast (16 oz. H20)
9:00 AM Handfull of cashews, walnuts, almonds, pistachios (8 oz H20)
11:00 AM 2 cans of tuna, 2 boiled eggs, (16 0z H20)
2:00 PM 2 Celery sticks and 2 Tbs. organic peanut butter (8 oz H20)
5:00 PM Weight training = 45-60 mins.
6:00 PM Green salad, 2 grilled chicken breast, 1 cup of homemade mashed potatoes, whole avocado and protein shake (1 scoop protein w/ 8 oz fat free milk) (8 oz H20)
9:00 PM 2 cups homemade fat free yogurt with 1 cup berries (stawberry, blueberry and rasberry) (8 oz H20)

Sunday about the same thing, but for lunch and dinner meals I have some more carbs, either brown rice or whole wheat toast.

Last edited:

ruffrhyder

Awards
Trying to get my body fat down to get rid of this spare tire around my waste while maintaining as much of the little muscle mass I currently have.

ruffrhyder

Awards
I'm curious, what was your weight before you ran M-drol and P-Mag?
I was 140lbs, jumped up to 160lbs at the end of the cycle, after pct I dropped down to 152lbs, since I started the cutting I'm down to about 150lbs

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Your going to lose all the new muscle. It needs time yo.

ruffrhyder

Awards
Your going to lose all the new muscle. It needs time yo.
Yeah, I know it will take time, otherwise if it were easy everyone would be super shredded. Is it best to do a bulking phase and cutting phase only once a year? Say 4 months bulking, take 2 months to maintain the muscle, then transition to a cutting phase for the rest of the year? It's strange though cause I'm still getting stronger and harder, not really losing much weight but losing a bit of fat off my legs and chest. Now I'm just trying to lose the spare tire around my gut.

bboyflash

Awards
Progressive overload on weights worked for me, I am your weight just 63 inches tall, I'm on a cut now, i started o 18% 151 lbs, I'm on my 7th week and am the same weight just at low 14s, high13% bf and in take bout 200-220 carbs a day, all you have to do is find what food macros work for you...btw I run steady state cardio every day, i add 1 mile extra every week and am currently up to 4 miles this week and I lift 2 on 1 off split....and for supps BCAA!!!!!! Helps me witkeepin my muscle and maintaining my strength as well..

ruffrhyder

Awards
Progressive overload on weights worked for me, I am your weight just 63 inches tall, I'm on a cut now, i started o 18% 151 lbs, I'm on my 7th week and am the same weight just at low 14s, high13% bf and in take bout 200-220 carbs a day, all you have to do is find what food macros work for you...btw I run steady state cardio every day, i add 1 mile extra every week and am currently up to 4 miles this week and I lift 2 on 1 off split....and for supps BCAA!!!!!! Helps me witkeepin my muscle and maintaining my strength as well..
Good stuff, I started doing a bit more Cardio, a full hour in the morning, and 20 mins in the evening before my weight training. Also started taking BCAA with my protein shake and meals. So far weight is the same, but started to lose a bit more fat around the waist. Strength is still increasing a bit.