Trying to Upregulate Beta Receptors

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I'm still very confused as to whether or not it's ok to take oral DHEA because of its supposed suppression etc. I personally would love to take it daily at a dose of 50 mg daily. I'm 30 yrs old but every single time I do some research it's 50 percent saying it's ok to take and 50 percent saying it's not a good idea. It's frustrating

2. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    I'm still very confused as to whether or not it's ok to take oral DHEA because of its supposed suppression etc. I personally would love to take it daily at a dose of 50 mg daily. I'm 30 yrs old but every single time I do some research it's 50 percent saying it's ok to take and 50 percent saying it's not a good idea. It's frustrating
    With daily, practical use (100mg or less) DHEA suppression is an urban legend. That's been my observation after playing with it almost 2 decades now. But the legend persists and I'm not sure why. I've even used it successfully in PCT bridges, multiple times. That's how much of a non-issue it is IME. Of course people are different, so the only way to know for certain is to put it to the test and evaluate your own response.

That one guy's link above has a pretty good blog. I've been looking over it and can't find a lot of things I would disagree with. It's also rare to see anyone knowledgeable of the Pauling protocol for vessel repair, but he has an entry about that too. (unrelated - sorry for the hijack!)
    "...The sole test of the validity of any idea is experiment." - Feynman
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by NutraChem View Post
    With daily, practical use (100mg or less) DHEA suppression is an urban legend. That's been my observation after playing with it almost 2 decades now. But the legend persists and I'm not sure why. I've even used it successfully in PCT bridges, multiple times. That's how much of a non-issue it is IME. Of course people are different, so the only way to know for certain is to put it to the test and evaluate your own response.

That one guy's link above has a pretty good blog. I've been looking over it and can't find a lot of things I would disagree with. It's also rare to see anyone knowledgeable of the Pauling protocol for vessel repair, but he has an entry about that too. (unrelated - sorry for the hijack!)
    Sometimes you have to wonder if people are psyching themselves into a mild 'shutdown', pseudo-suppression.

4. Quote Originally Posted by damage007 View Post
    Sometimes you have to wonder if people are psyching themselves into a mild 'shutdown', pseudo-suppression.
    Definitely possible. The brain is a very interesting and powerful organ.

5. The more I read on DHEA, the more I'm glad I take it every day. It's just good for practically everything.

It exerts multiple anti-atherogenic effects, it's anti-viral (increases lymphocytes), reduces the incidence of many cancers, heals and strengthens bones almost as good as DHT and E2 all by itself without any conversion, improves glucose metabolism, prevents adrenal stress, cuts the production of enzymes linked to tumor formation (including lung, prostate, testicle, skin, colon, etc.), fights auto-immune conditions, prevents complications from radiation exposure, corrects cytokine storm, protects DNA from damage, I mean the list just goes on and on.

If you don't use it, you might want to at least consider using it. I've used it on and off since the 90's and haven't ever experienced shutdown as a result. Just sayin.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by NutraChem View Post
    The more I read on DHEA, the more I'm glad I take it every day. It's just good for practically everything.

It exerts multiple anti-atherogenic effects, it's anti-viral (increases lymphocytes), reduces the incidence of many cancers, heals and strengthens bones almost as good as DHT and E2 all by itself without any conversion, improves glucose metabolism, prevents adrenal stress, cuts the production of enzymes linked to tumor formation (including lung, prostate, testicle, skin, colon, etc.), fights auto-immune conditions, prevents complications from radiation exposure, corrects cytokine storm, protects DNA from damage, I mean the list just goes on and on.

If you don't use it, you might want to at least consider using it. I've used it on and off since the 90's and haven't ever experienced shutdown as a result. Just sayin.
    Between DHEA and Pregnenolone, one can expect massive boosts in cognition.
    Anti-Aging benefits are remarkable. Some of the best anti-depressants too.

DHEA Links.
    http://www.life-enhancement.com/maga...ats-depression
    http://www.lifeextension.com/magazin...f-DHEA/Page-01
    http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0104869
    Pregnenolone.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930995/
    http://www.lifeextensionvitamins.com/prcrhoforema.html
    http://www.lifeextension.com/magazin...nolone/Page-01

7. Quote Originally Posted by damage007 View Post
    Fascinating articles, especially the one on DHEA as an anti-distractive. I wonder if this effect is sexually dimorphic, or if the results have been been duplicated in male subjects?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Area1255x View Post
    Here are some more ideas. Also, just updated the main article.
    Thyroid hormone regulation of beta-adrenergic receptor number.
    L T Williams, R J Lefkowitz, A M Watanabe, D R Hathaway and H R Besch, Jr
    Abstract

The effects of exogenous thyroid hormones (thyroxine and triiodothyronine) on beta-adrenergic receptors in the rat myocardium were investigated. The potent beta-adrenergic antagonist, (-)-[3H]dihydroalprenolol, was used to directly estimate the number and affinity of beta-adrenergic receptors in rat heart membranes from control and hyperthyroid rats. Cardiac membranes from hyperthyroid rats contained 196 +/- 7 fmol of (-)-[3H]dihydroalprenolol binding sites/mg of protein which was significantly (p less than 0.005) greater than the number of binding sites (89 +/- 5 fmol/mg of protein) present in control membranes. The equilibrium dissociation constant (KD) for the interaction of receptors with dihydroalprenolol was the same (2 to 15 nM) in membranes from control and hyperthyroid rats. Similarly, there was no significant difference between the control and hyperthyroid membranes in the affinity of the beta-adrenergic receptor binding sites for the beta-adrenergic agonist isoproterenol. The results of this study demonstrate that thyroid hormones can regulate the number of cardiac beta-adrenergic receptors. The increased numbers of receptors may be responsible, at least in part, for the enhanced catecholamine sensitivity of beta-adrenergic-coupled cardiac responses in the hyperthyroid state.
    Yes, this is true, but the cardiac upreg in beta adrenergic receptor density is usually a limiting factor with thyroxine treatment. This is why beta-blockers are often stacked with higher dose thyroxine regimens, but that defeats the whole point if upregulation is the goal! Perhaps some other means of cardiac control could be employed to keep pulse rate down, like calcium channel blockers?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Area1255x View Post
    @NutraChem, any other ideas to chip in here?
    I think I'd keep it simple. Find a dose of T4 that works (I'd avoid T3) and not get greedy with it to keep pulse rate acceptable. If one decided to force the dose or use T3 then maybe adding a touch of a calcium channel blocker (or clonidine) would keep pulse rate in check. The adenosine might work, never tried it like that, but it would be easy enough to dose ATP disodium all day. If you can tolerate salv and it's still legal in your state you may be able to work the kappa angle, but that doesn't seem practical. I could see being chronically depersonalized potentially resulting in semi-permanent psychological changes.

10. Wrote the article mentioned on [PAGE 1]. Also updated it recently. How many folks still use Clen? Any new innovations on the Horizon?

11. What are people trying to achieve here? What does upregulating these receptors do? Why bother?
    Any before and after pictures?
    I am a carnivore (diet based exclusively on meat)- Here is my diet and training log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/303950-im-carnivore.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    What are people trying to achieve here? What does upregulating these receptors do? Why bother?
    Any before and after pictures?
    It makes Clen more effective or simply work again if it doesn't anymore. Its like reversing the tolerance to Amphetamine, except we are referring to Clen's fat burning/leaning abilities.

13. This thread simply won’t die, it’s been upregulated itself lol

But I’m personally using clen (built up to 140 a day over the first week) and 2mg ket at night - have to say that the ket seems to maintain the effectiveness of the clen in so much as I’m still getting the jittery shakes pretty much all the way through the 2 weeks (And i have a very high stim tolerance).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Patrick Arlond, How Do I Upregulate Dopamine Receptors?
    By GOTSPEED in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-24-2015, 08:40 PM
  2. Replies: 164
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM
  3. How To Upregulate Dopamine Receptors?
    By GOTSPEED in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 02:07 AM
  4. Beta-2 Receptors and Benadryll
    By thenomad in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 11:12 PM
  5. Up regluating beta-2 receptors
    By E-Swift25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 04:34 PM