Animalbolics Diet, burning fat intelligently

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. How did you deduce that one is burning muscle tissue?

2. Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought that when the body started getting low on liver stored glycogen and such, it would start converting amino acids from the muscles, unless the metabolism had converted to using ketones for its primary fuel.
    I didn't go around and look up too many articles, but here's something from this site: &highlight=glyconeogenesis
    High intensity weight training and any other highly stressful condition depletes Glutamine stores and increases the need for the Glutamine production. Unfortunately even though
    our body can synthesize this amino acid from the other amino acids (glutamic acid, isoleucin and valine) it appears that body's ability to produce Glutamine doesn't replenishes what was lost during intense training or stress...
    Some bodybuilders on their low carbohydrate diets also take excess amount of Glutamine preferring to get glucose from non-carbohydrate source (Glutamine can be converted into
    glucose by glyconeogenesis process).

3. You are talking about HIIT exercise it seems. Yeah, when your liver glycogen levels are low or depleted while doing HIIT, the body will be forced to resort to both stored aminos and fatty acids to support ATP. This is essentially the debate between High and low/moderate intensity exercise and its role in muscle wasting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 12:45 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 12:59 AM
  3. Resistance training for burning fat
    By AldrichAStern in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 07:53 PM
  4. Question about cardio for burning fat.
    By 5111 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:29 AM