no weight loss in 5 weeks but...

Shavani

Awards
Hi,

5 weeks ago my body fat percentage was about 25%.
My fat loss diet is based on the book burn the fat, feed the muscle. I have done everything right but my weight hasnt changed.

I only have access to a body fat measuring tools once every 2 months ( I have to wait another 3 weeks)

BUT I also used topical dermacrine, dermatherm, CLA and creatine ( only before and after work outs)

I feel like I have gained mass but I also feel that my fat percentage is lower ( I guess and I hope so)

Is this normal with the supplements I have used?

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
you appear to be on a good plan. did you just start lifting weights 5 weeks ago as well? you could be adding muscle mass & losing fat simultaneously i suppose. if you are not losing fat rapidly enough, you might try reducing intake by 500(a day) cals & see if that helps.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,

5 weeks ago my body fat percentage was about 25%.
My fat loss diet is based on the book burn the fat, feed the muscle. I have done everything right but my weight hasnt changed.

I only have access to a body fat measuring tools once every 2 months ( I have to wait another 3 weeks)

BUT I also used topical dermacrine, dermatherm, CLA and creatine ( only before and after work outs)

I feel like I have gained mass but I also feel that my fat percentage is lower ( I guess and I hope so)

Is this normal with the supplements I have used?
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle is an excellent fat loss resource, and if you're following that plan, then you WILL be getting results!

You do know that Dermacrine is a HORMONAL product, right? And that you need to do a PCT afterwards - I hope you have this planned.

And that as a male you shouldn't really be using any supplement products except for the basic staples (creatine, multivitamin/antioxidant, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) until you get to 10-15% bodyfat, because they are not going to be as effective and any effects hardly noticeable - you're better off spending your money on REAL FOOD.

Recomping is common among new trainees, especially for the first few weeks, so if your nutrition is right, then as mentioned, it is possible that you HAVE lost fat, but also added to your lean mass, which would show little or no change re scale weight.

FORGET about SCALE WEIGHT - it's IRrelevant. Focus on your BODY COMPOSITION.

If you don't care and are concerned with losing weight, then change something - whether it be nutritional or training, but change something to break past the plateau - although I don't believe this is necessary, because if you're recomping that is far superior and better than simply losing weight.

Finally, considering you don't seem to know about the products you are using, then you shouldn't be using them. You should ALWAYS know what you are using, why, you are using it, and in the case of hormonals, research thoroughly BEFOREhand and make sure you have everything ready!

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Using your own eyes can be tricky when losing weight. After I lost a bunch of weight I still don't feel any different or notice it at all, but when I ask others they say I Look completely different.

Take pictures. Then look back on them... do what Rosie said and forget the scale, It's more about how you look than about how much you weigh.