Cutting Diet

1. Registered User
    Answers

Talking Cutting Diet

Hey guys i was wondering if some of you could give me some suggestions on my cutting diet. My stats are 23 years old, 5'11", 225 lbs, 16-18% bf. The only supps that are being taken is whey for post workout and for added protien. I gain weight pretty easily (both fat and muscle). So here is the diet.

meal 1: 6 egg whites
    1/2 cup oats
    1 serving whey (23 g. protien)

Meal 2: "Post work out"
    2 servings whey

Meal 3: 2 servings tuna with mustard
    1/2 cup oats

Meal 4: 1 boneless/skinless chicken breast
    1 cup broccoli
    1 slice fat free cheese

Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese (2%)
    1/4 cup walnuts

Meal 6: 1 boneless/skinless chicken breast
    1 cup broccoli
    1 slice fat free cheese

Meal 7: 1 cup cottage cheese
    2 Tbls. Natty PB or 1/4 cup walnuts.

I switch between broccoli and green beans but everything else is constant.
    Thanks in advance for any of your suggestions.
    Deano

2. Registered User
    Answers

u need some sucrose in your post wo meal....to help that protein go to the muscles....
  3. Registered User
    Answers

you have the Totals on That?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Talking

Yea Wildman, the totals i have are

260 Protien
    110 Carbs
    Total Calories about 2100

This is just something quick i pulled up as i am at work and dont have my paper with the exact numbers on it. These are pretty close though.

Thanks for your info,
    Deano
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Seems Low for a guy your Size bro. Arent you Worried about Muscle Loss?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Answers

yeah that does seem a bit low, but I am definitely more of a fan now of the lowest amount of calories that will sustain muscle. I think this is one you're going to have to try out and see how you respond, but I wouldn't go any lower, in fact I would probably start around 2500 cals, maybe add some flax oil in that morning shake and something else.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Add a 1/2 cup of ground oats and some flax oil (or ground flax seeds) to your post workout shake. Also, try adding some green tea, fish oil caps (or flax oil is fine), and a multi vitamin to your supps. Chromium is also a good supp to help curb your carb cravings, but takes about a good two months for it to kick in.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts, and have worked for me. Best of luck to you.
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

I would not add flax oil to you postworkout shake. The last thing you need is an abundance of circulating FFA's corresponding to an increase in LPL.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

definitely do not add a fat source to your post workout meal. Your layout is a very clean but even with a cutting goal, looks like you need to bump up your total calorie intake by 500 or so. Meal frequency looks good so I would add more to your current meals. Start with adding some carbs to your post workout.
    Sage
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Answers

yeah no flax or fats in PW, that's why I was thinking morning shake. Maybe make some Wardog bars and throw some in during the day for a few extra cals, then reassess.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry, I had one of my H.U.A. moments again. Don't know why I suggested that.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    I would not add flax oil to you postworkout shake. The last thing you need is an abundance of circulating FFA's corresponding to an increase in LPL.

I thought fats shouldn't be in PWO shakes because fats slow digestion, which isn't a good thing as far as recovery post workout goes. LPL is present in muscles as well as adipocytes, where someone who's more in-shape will have more LPL in muscles, I thought? Why would it matter?

-mike
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by morfiend
    I thought fats shouldn't be in PWO shakes because fats slow digestion, which isn't a good thing as far as recovery post workout goes. LPL is present in muscles as well as adipocytes, where someone who's more in-shape will have more LPL in muscles, I thought? Why would it matter?

-mike

Digestion will be fast regardless in a post workout state. There really isn't much that is going to slow gastric emptying at this stage. LPL will be increased because insulin levels will be elevated (corresponding drop in HSL and cAMP) and with an increase in LPL comes an increase in triglyceride storage. So its not exactly the wisest time to have circulating FFA's present.

Probably the worst condition for fat storage is increased insulin and LPL.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for all of your input guys. Bobo, do you think 1/2 cup oats in my PWO shake would be a good amount of carbs? Other than my PWO shake does everything in my diet seem to be on point? The calories could be a little bit higher due to me not having a scale and the chicken breast is probably more than 6oz.Thanks,
    Deano
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Yes, definetly. And I agree, your calories should be raised a bit. Your going to hit a wall fairly quick if you drop to fast.

16. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks Bobo, i guese i should get myself a scale so i could get my exact calorie intake and fine tune my diet even farther. Bobo do you think i should start taking glutamine to spare some muscle or is it not nessesary?

Thanks,
    Deano
  17. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Not necessary.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cutting diet question
    By terse in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 07:33 AM
  2. My Cutting Diet---semi Dc Style--plz Critique
    By Blindfaith in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 02:06 PM
  3. Cutting Diet
    By canadian champ in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
  4. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 06:20 PM
  5. hows this for a start to my cutting diet?
    By Zen_Lifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 01:15 PM