Tweeked cutting diet

labouhassan

Awards
This is my second post. Since my last post I have been tweeking my diet. I would apprecaite any advice you guys can give, remove or add anything.
I am 25 years old 190 lbs 5 foot 10.

Meal 1: Pre w/o
3 egg whites
1 tbsp flax seed oil
1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2: Post work out
1 scoop whey protien
hand full of unsalted peanuts
1 apple

Meal 3: Lunch
Turkey sandwich-lots of turkey and 2 slices of bread thats all.
1 cup veggies
-or chicken salad with 1 tbsp balsamic viniger.

Meal 4: Snack
1 scoop whey protien in water
1 tsp natural peanut butter

Meal 5:
1 chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
1 cup veggies

Meal 6: before bed
1 cup cottage cheese.

Any help would be great. I am trying to get ripped before my vacation in 3.5 months.

Thanks

Manko Oyaji

Awards
What exactly are your macronutrients broken down too at a quick glance it looks like you might want to get a bit more protein depending on egg size that's about 9 grams at pre workout, if each scoop of whey is 25 grams. How many ounces for the turkey and chicken breast. Hope that kinda helps.

labouhassan

Awards
What exactly are your macronutrients broken down too at a quick glance it looks like you might want to get a bit more protein depending on egg size that's about 9 grams at pre workout, if each scoop of whey is 25 grams. How many ounces for the turkey and chicken breast. Hope that kinda helps.
I did my macros and you where right..... I added a few things. Tell me what you think

Calories Protien Carbs
Meal 1- 1 scoope whey 120 25 2
oatmeal 110 4 19
flax seed 130 0 0

Meal 2- 1 scoope whey 120 25 2
nuts 280 10 10
small apple 55 1 15

Meal 3- turkey 140 24 6
2 slices bread 150 4 28
1 cup veggies 30 2 5
cottage 1/2 cup 100 16 6

Meal4- 1 scoope whey 120 25 2
peanut butter 100 4 2

Meal 5- 2 chicken breast 210 44 2
1 cup brown rice 150 3 4
1 cup veggies 30 2 5

Meal 6- cottage cheese 1cup 200 32 12

total 2045 221 120

Thanks

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I would have added more eggs instead of more whey.

Punisher88

Punisher88

Awards
Also, if this is a cutting phase, i would lose the brown rice on meal 5 and substitute w/ more greens, ie broccoli or asparagus. Personally, I usually use asparagus in at least one of my meals every day due to the fact it's a green, which means it's great for your digestive system, and 2, most importantly it's a natural diuretic. Therefore you'll keep a proper water balance. The brown rice is great for earlier meals, but seeing as how you work out in the morning, the complex carb will be unnecessary in the evening. Keep going and good luck man! I'm in a cutting phase as well!

hli1022

Awards
Also, if this is a cutting phase, i would lose the brown rice on meal 5 and substitute w/ more greens, ie broccoli or asparagus. Personally, I usually use asparagus in at least one of my meals every day due to the fact it's a green, which means it's great for your digestive system, and 2, most importantly it's a natural diuretic. Therefore you'll keep a proper water balance. The brown rice is great for earlier meals, but seeing as how you work out in the morning, the complex carb will be unnecessary in the evening. Keep going and good luck man! I'm in a cutting phase as well!
thats good advice. not only will veggies be more beneficial to your health, you can eat more of it and it will help curb your hunger during your cutting phase. also i would opt out the whey on meal 4 and replace it with casein or real food. people tend to feel hungrier on whey. casein is slower in terms of absortation.

labouhassan

Awards
thats good advice. not only will veggies be more beneficial to your health, you can eat more of it and it will help curb your hunger during your cutting phase. also i would opt out the whey on meal 4 and replace it with casein or real food. people tend to feel hungrier on whey. casein is slower in terms of absortation.
Thank you very much!!!

I am replacing the brown rice with more veggies for sure and replacing the whey with casien. My other concern is the Carbs. Im doing about 100-150 per day is that enough or is that too much for my wieght?

Thanks

labouhassan

Awards
I would have added more eggs instead of more whey.
I know it’s really bad to say while I’m on my cutting cycle but I HATE eggs. 3 egg whites and I had to force myself to eat them! Unless you really think it would be beneficial to replace the whey with eggs, please let me know.

Thanks

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
How do you fix the eggs? You definitely need more protein from food, not whey though. Eat some chicken breast with it.

Take some left over baked chicken breast, cut it up and toss it in the liquid eggs. Scramble it all together and add some salsa at the end. Yum! Add a bit of shredded cheese also, just don't go over your calorie requirements.

You can do the same thing with steak. I just leave out cheese and salsa. Steak and eggs go together like PB&J!

labouhassan

Awards
How do you fix the eggs? You definitely need more protein from food, not whey though. Eat some chicken breast with it.

Take some left over baked chicken breast, cut it up and toss it in the liquid eggs. Scramble it all together and add some salsa at the end. Yum! Add a bit of shredded cheese also, just don't go over your calorie requirements.

You can do the same thing with steak. I just leave out cheese and salsa. Steak and eggs go together like PB&J!
Sorry last question...How much protien should I be having in the first meal since it is my pre-work out meal.

labouhassan

Awards
And does everything else look solid to you guys?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Probably 30-40 is fine. I would bump the nuts from post workout to meal 5. Move the rice out of meal 5 like suggested. You could even move the nuts to last meal of the day. You just don't want much fat post workout. Just protein and carbs. Figure out where to put the rice earlier in the day, even splitting it or the equivalent amount of carbs between meals 1 and 2.

Just remember, when cutting, the more whole food the better. Try to keep the whey to a minimum if possible.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I would eat more greens. Green beans, broc, aspar, spin, etc. At least one more decent serving daily. 2nd, I think you lack protein, add a 2nd scoup to you snack(meal 4) and one more serving of meat, 45gs+ of pro. Better yet break it into to two servings, or add it to other meals.

hli1022

Awards
I know it’s really bad to say while I’m on my cutting cycle but I HATE eggs. 3 egg whites and I had to force myself to eat them! Unless you really think it would be beneficial to replace the whey with eggs, please let me know.

Thanks
well you can replace the eggs with some fat free cottage cheese. cottage cheese is great in terms of protein and its low carb.

hli1022

Awards
Probably 30-40 is fine. I would bump the nuts from post workout to meal 5. Move the rice out of meal 5 like suggested. You could even move the nuts to last meal of the day. You just don't want much fat post workout. Just protein and carbs. Figure out where to put the rice earlier in the day, even splitting it or the equivalent amount of carbs between meals 1 and 2.

Just remember, when cutting, the more whole food the better. Try to keep the whey to a minimum if possible.
i would agree. you should leave out the peanuts from your post workout. fat usually slows down the absorption of proteins. and i would ditch the apple and add some dextrose for better recovery.

labouhassan

Awards
Thanks fellas.
I am going to take your comments and applie them to my diet. I am going to post my updated diet later on tonight. Its tough finding the right balance that works for me.

hli1022

Awards
Thanks fellas.
I am going to take your comments and applie them to my diet. I am going to post my updated diet later on tonight. Its tough finding the right balance that works for me.
yeah, it takes a while to get to know your body. but you have 3.5 months so you have a decent amount of time. but you should post so stats like bf% workout regime so we have something to work off of.

labouhassan

Awards
yeah, it takes a while to get to know your body. but you have 3.5 months so you have a decent amount of time. but you should post so stats like bf% workout regime so we have something to work off of.
Alright sorry it took me so long but this is what i came up with:
Meal 1 Calories Protein Carbs
1 package oatmeal 110 4 19
1 tbs flax seed 130 0 0
1 cup skim milk 90 9 12
5 Egg White 80 18 1
1 Whole egg 90 7 0

Meal 2 Calories Protein Carbs
1 1 scoope whey 120 25 2
1 1 slices bread 75 2 14
2 Egg White 32 7.2 0.4

Meal 3 Calories Protein Carbs
1 Turkey 6 pieces 140 24 6
1 Cup brown rice 150 3 34
1 cup veggies 30 2 25
1 1/2 cup cottage cheese 100 16 6

Meal 4 Calories Protein Carbs
1 1 scoope whey 120 25 2
1 hand full Nuts 280 10 10

Meal 5 Calories Protein Carbs
2 Chicken Breast 210 44 2
2 Cup veggies 60 4 50

Meal 6 Calories Protein Carbs
1 1 cup cottage cheese 200 32 12

Total Cals: 2017 Protein:232.2 carbs:195.4

My work outs are:
Monday: chest/back with 20 min HIIT at the end
Tuesday: Shoulders/Abs with 20 min HIIT at the end
Wednesday: Cardio med to low intensity for fat loss.
Thursday: Arms with 20 min HIIT at the end
Friday: Shoulders/Chest/Abs
Saturday: Cardio med to low intensity for fat loss
Sunday: Arms and legs with 20 min HIIT at the end.

I dont know what my BF% is but I made an appointment with the trainer next week. I am guessing between 18-20%.

Please take a look at the diet and work out and let me know if there is anything else I should change. Also is the carbs to high?

Last edited:

hli1022

Awards
1 tbs flax seed 130 0 0
1 cup skim milk 90 9 12
5 Egg White 80 18 1
1 Whole egg 90 7 0

1 1 scoope whey 120 25 2
1 1 slices bread 75 2 14
2 Egg White 32 7.2 0.4

1 cup veggies 30 2 25

1 1 scoope whey 120 25 2

2 Cup veggies 60 4 50

My work outs are:
Sunday: Arms with 20 min HIIT at the end.

I dont know what my BF% is but I made an appointment with the trainer next week. I am guessing between 18-20%.

Please take a look at the diet and work out and let me know if there is anything else I should change. Also is the carbs to high?
you dont do any leg work?

Punisher88

Punisher88

Awards
Your diet looks great!
Keep up with it and you're sure to succeed.
Another tip for the hell of it, sometimes when I train in the morning and I'm not as hungry to eat both my eggs and oatmeal (which I normally do), I'll make a chocolate protein shake with about 4 frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Good blend of simple and complex carbs, plus essential vitamins from the fruit, plus 30 grams of protein. Easy to digest, doesn't sit heavy on the gut, and delicious!

labouhassan

Awards
Your diet looks great!
Keep up with it and you're sure to succeed.
Another tip for the hell of it, sometimes when I train in the morning and I'm not as hungry to eat both my eggs and oatmeal (which I normally do), I'll make a chocolate protein shake with about 4 frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Good blend of simple and complex carbs, plus essential vitamins from the fruit, plus 30 grams of protein. Easy to digest, doesn't sit heavy on the gut, and delicious!
Thanks!!

hli1022

Awards
1 tbs flax seed 130 0 0
1 cup skim milk 90 9 12
5 Egg White 80 18 1
1 Whole egg 90 7 0

1 1 scoope whey 120 25 2
1 1 slices bread 75 2 14
2 Egg White 32 7.2 0.4

1 cup veggies 30 2 25

1 1 scoope whey 120 25 2

2 Cup veggies 60 4 50

My work outs are:
Sunday: Arms and legs with 20 min HIIT at the end.

the workout looks good, there are almost always complex movements thrown in there. although you are working out 7 days a week with 6 days of cardio. i think thats a bit much on your body. you may be able to recover better since you havent really been lifting for that long. but this is just overtraining. i highly doubt that by sunday your legs would be fresh enough for you to do a good HIIT sessions.

as far as diet goes, it looks good. i would cut the carbs every three weeks. if you are not seeing any good weight loss cut it some more.

labouhassan

Awards
Thanks for the help!!
I had one more question, I don’t know if I should start another thread but...I want to incorporate some sort of fat burner. I am very sensitive to caffeine. Does anyone know of a good non-stim fat burner with no side effects? Topical or pills is fine?
I think this would help with my cut.

hli1022

Awards
Thanks for the help!!
I had one more question, I don’t know if I should start another thread but...I want to incorporate some sort of fat burner. I am very sensitive to caffeine. Does anyone know of a good non-stim fat burner with no side effects? Topical or pills is fine?
I think this would help with my cut.
hey bro, sorry i missed your question. i send you a PM.