Cheat Day

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Mmmmmm... Chicken Grilled Stuffed Burrito... I was wondering how a cheat day or even a cheat meal would effect my physique right now. I've been cutting super clean with super low calories, along with some potent anabolics, Triac, and Clen. I've definitely lost a ton of fat, but I feel like I've lost a bit of muscle and my muscles just look kinda flat. What would be the pros and cons of having a cheat day or meal?

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I have a cheat meal every once in a while. I just had a few chicken fajitas and it's 9:30PM here. :eek: If you are running clen and some anabolics you should be OK to have a cheat food on occasion. Just don't go overboard.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I have a cheat meal every once in a while. I just had a few chicken fajitas and it's 9:30PM here. :eek: If you are running clen and some anabolics you should be OK to have a cheat food on occasion. Just don't go overboard.
Looks like I'm headed to Taco Bell :D

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I hate labeling it "cheat" day. I always call it my "REWARD DAY"! I feel less guilty that way. :D

In-n-Out here I come...mmm, Double-Double!

iamcdn

Awards
i think you need a cheat day once a week...just dont go overboard....it keeps the metabolism reved and you sane

sawastea

Awards
Cheat days (actually refeeds) are beneficial, especially for the leaner folks out there, to replenish their leptin levels.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I am hoping for the China Buffet today. Depends on the wife's plans for the weekend, though. We usually have pizza or the like once over the weekend.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Yes, I am hoping for the China Buffet today. Depends on the wife's plans for the weekend, though. We usually have pizza or the like once over the weekend.

Is that the Imperial Asian Buffet on Academy, damn they got some good doughnuts.
For my cheat day Im heading to the Elephant Bar tommorrow night.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not a big fan of gorging myself on junk food, I prefer to "refeed" with massive quantities of clean food. This works great for me for keeping my metabolism humming along, refilling glycogen stores, and I've found if I keep it clean I don't tend to get much, if any spillover into adipose tissue.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tend to eat a ton of an oatmeat/whey/cottage cheese concoction I like to make. It consists of oatmeal, cinammon, dry cottage cheese, strawberry whey, and fresh sliced strawberries. It doesn't sound like it would taste good, but I seriously never get sick of eating this stuff. It combines slow and fast proteins, slow burning carbs, and a bit of fruit for added flavor. I eat this all the time, whether cutting or bulking.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That all depends on what my current goals are, but when on a refeed day, I tend to use 1-1/3 to 1-1/2 cups oats (before cooking) per meal, eaten four times during the day.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
That all depends on what my current goals are, but when on a refeed day, I tend to use 1-1/3 to 1-1/2 cups oats (before cooking) per meal, eaten four times during the day.
For Cheats?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did mention in my first post that I really don't care for cheat days, as I tend to get bloated as a dead heifer, and don't care for the accompanying spillovers into fat tissue that tends to result. For me, controlled, clean refeeds are the way to go.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Is that the Imperial Asian Buffet on Academy, damn they got some good doughnuts.
For my cheat day Im heading to the Elephant Bar tommorrow night.
Havent been to that one yet. It's been hard finding new restaurants to call home. I'm real particular about my restaurants and I get pretty loyal to ones I like. I think that's been the hardest part about moving to a new town for me.

I did get my China Buffet yesterday though, but also took the boy Chuck E Cheese's last night. Going to some Cinco de May today. Maybe they'll have some good fajitas or chicken burritos down there.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last good cheat meal I had was Denny's of all things, me and 3 buddies were mega-hungry after a good night out at the bar, and each of us ordered the lumberjack slam breakfast. Damn that's alot of food, pancakes, toast, eggs, sausage, ham, and chocolate milk to wet the throat. There was so much food between the 4 of us it didn't all fit on the table, we had it stacked plate on plate, plates on the windowsill, anything we could think of.

And to top it all off I ordered a reeses peanut butter cup cheescake dessert, damn that **** was tasty. Good thing I had the track pants on with a flexible waistband though, I needed that flexibile waist after going wolverine style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Okay, it's been a while since my last "cheat" day so I went all out today! Earlier in the day I performed a physical agility test for a new job I'm seeking. Passed the test with no probs and my b/f was measured at 12%. Which surpassed my goal I had set for June. 10% is just around the corner! So, I hit In-n-Out and got my Double-Double burger with grilled onions! Later on, I hosted a barbeque and stuffed myself with pasta salad and strawberry shortcake with cheesecake filling.

Going back on my cutting and adding some clen for the first time tomorrow. It will be a long time before I have another cheat day like this one. I don't know, maybe for my birthday! :D

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Last good cheat meal I had was Denny's of all things, me and 3 buddies were mega-hungry after a good night out at the bar, and each of us ordered the lumberjack slam breakfast. Damn that's alot of food, pancakes, toast, eggs, sausage, ham, and chocolate milk to wet the throat. There was so much food between the 4 of us it didn't all fit on the table, we had it stacked plate on plate, plates on the windowsill, anything we could think of.

And to top it all off I ordered a reeses peanut butter cup cheescake dessert, damn that **** was tasty. Good thing I had the track pants on with a flexible waistband though, I needed that flexibile waist after going wolverine style.

A good night out at the bar is a cheat day for me, let alone Denny's on top......ahh gluttons rejoice!! :D :D

cctez

Board Supporter
Awards
I have a free day every Sunday. Without it, I don't know how I could go on. I usually take in 500-1000 calories more than my average day, but I just don't worry about how I get them.

I have gone a month or two at a time without a free day, and the free day doesn't seem to impact my overall training goals all that much. When I am cutting, I still have my free day, but try to keep calories at or below +500 for the day.

Hatred

Awards
I just finished cutting down to 8 percent, I'm gonna go for some cold stones ice cream , best **** ever !

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I just finished cutting down to 8 percent, I'm gonna go for some cold stones ice cream , best **** ever !
Bump that! I love that place. Lucky for me the closest one is 40 miles away or I'd be infinitely bulking. :D

adrenalinaddict

Awards
Oh man...I just had the cheats of cheats. The best cheat is when you are craving it. I used to be disgusted by junk food, but now my diet consists of (only brown rice, oatmeal, chicken, lean beef, turkey, and egg whites - pretty much sums it up. That and I take in a few protein shakes a day to bump it up a little. God grocery shopping is easy now) So I eat two cheat meals a week, and God they are needed now. I get a craving for some real food, and that extremely full feeling every once in a while. So now I will go out and eat complete **** for one meal. Today I had an 880 calorie Jack in the Box monster taco meal. Im not sure going this junky is the best idea, but I sure needed it, and it seems to be working.

I have actually noticed Ive been getting even leaner when incorporating cheat meals. But I also adjusted my diet way down once I started incorporating cheat meals so its hard to judge. Id say Im at about 9-10% BF right now.

mondesi02

Awards
..for some reason when i think of meals to cheat with i end up counting the calories and just going for the the "cottage cheese ice cream blizzard"

3 cups ff cottage cheese
4 tbs peanut butter
a few scoops of whey
calorie free syrups
and a "protein bar"

..blend it up and then freeze it..good stuff.