Am I doing this the healthy way?

amber2685

Awards
For the past 3 weeks I have been doing a very low calorie diet of 900-1,000 calories a day. 3 Weeks ago I weighed 195 pounds and I am now at 188 pounds. My diet consists of :

Breakfast-a breakfast slim fast meal bar, and water

Lunch- some sort of fruit, salad with no dressing, and water

Supper- Either tuna, grilled chicken on rice, and water.

I am also taking "Slim Shots" twice a day to curb my appetite and for a snack I will eat a slim fast 90 calorie snack bar but I do not use a snack everyday. Mostly every other day. This diet is working for me but I was not sure if it will have long term effects since I am not eating many calories.

I do not go to the gym. I just use my everyday walking at my job for excerise. Please let me know if this is healthy and what I could change to make it better.

I am taking a mulit-vitamin everyday as well.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
addding low impact cardio would benefit you greatly. in the morning before breakfast. nothing crazy, 30 to 45 minutes @ 60-75% VO2 max (you can use most machines to help you figure this number out).

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just quickly:

Have some protein with every meal - add in some at lunch.

Resistance training (weights) will encourage your body to burn more fat and less muscle.

Try to work in some healthy fats (not a lot as they add calories quickly).

If you are feeling consistently tired, consider eating at maintenance calorie level one day per week. This helps keep your metabolism from crashing. Yes it will slow progress a little but will make it more tolerable.

HTH