Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

how much dextrose pwo

ive been doing 1/2 cup dextrose after workouts and 60 g protien think
    this is enough dextrose ?thanks

2. Registered User
    Answers

depends on your lean mass, your goals, cutting, bulking??? there is no set number
  3. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Thats a half cup too much. Good lord are you trying to have a permanent tire around your midsection?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by orvise
    ive been doing 1/2 cup dextrose after workouts and 60 g protien think
    this is enough dextrose ?thanks
    What's you bf%? I'v never heard anyone taking that much pwo.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

9% how much do you guy take
  6. Registered User
    Answers

i figure 1/2 cup is about 75 carbs
  7. Registered User
    Answers

9%? Pretty good.
    1 cup - 8oz, 1/2 cup 4oz ~ 100grams sugar.

I normally take 10g - 30g of malto/sugar.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

i konw alot of people who take 75 or more grams of carbs pwo
  9. Registered User
    Answers

1/2 cup is 75 grams, yes. Dextrose does work great for many people, but as w/anything you have to experiment w/it. Bobo and I debated the use of dextrose like mad, and determined it's an individual thing. All my clients use it, and well, look at them!

~SC~
  10. Registered User
    Answers

125 grams of protein, 50 grams Dex, 10 grams Micro Creatine with 20 oz grape juice for my post shake. Also 2 bananas and 2 potatoes, 10 units Slin...
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Wow that's a ****load of carbs, In-Human.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  182 lbs.
    Answers

When bulking I use 4 TBSP with my shake. That equals aprox 30g.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by In-Human
    125 grams of protein, 50 grams Dex, 10 grams Micro Creatine with 20 oz grape juice for my post shake. Also 2 bananas and 2 potatoes, 10 units Slin...
    even for a complete monster, i would say thats an excess of both protein and carbs bro. Im a leaner fella, taking in 50g carbs and 30-35g protein, w/ a follow up whole meal an hour after. (equal amount of carbs/protein approx)
    Sage
  14. Registered User
    Answers

damn human,how big are you?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by In-Human
    IMO that's too much of everything especially with the added juice, bananas and taters. You're going to be pissing most of that protein and creatine away.
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    1/2 cup is 75 grams, yes. Dextrose does work great for many people, but as w/anything you have to experiment w/it. Bobo and I debated the use of dextrose like mad, and determined it's an individual thing. All my clients use it, and well, look at them!

~SC~

And I am one of them.........I started in Jan. this year at 196lbs at 15.3% BF and for PWO I use around 85g of dextrose with my whey protein, and 11 weeks later I am at 185lbs and 9.5% BF, now tell me that taking in 85g of dextrose PWO doesn't work and makes you fat???
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goes4ever
    And I am one of them.........I started in Jan. this year at 196lbs at 15.3% BF and for PWO I use around 85g of dextrose with my whey protein, and 11 weeks later I am at 185lbs and 9.5% BF, now tell me that taking in 85g of dextrose PWO doesn't work and makes you fat???
    thats great bro,what was your pwo before ?
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    IMO that's too much of everything especially with the added juice, bananas and taters. You're going to be pissing most of that protein and creatine away.
    also fructose pw isnt the ideal carb source. how long have you been using this mix and how has your results been?
    Sage
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Well I take in 50gs of protein 80gs of dextrose and 5 gs of creatine post workout weather I'm bulking or cutting. Also when I'm using slin I actualy do it all over again 1 hour later. By the way I beleive your bodyweight probably plays a big role and this works great for me at 250lbs.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Answers

It can "work" either way you do it (high GI carb or low), but all I have to say after over a year or two of reading low GI threads (usually with Bobo somewhere in there) is that I've done both ways and see absolutely no point in consuming that many carbs (especially high GI) post workout.

When I first started lifting around age 15, I didn't use carbs PW, just protein. Years later I started adding carbs PW, and about 2 years ago I dropped them. My results: no real benefit from PW carbs for me, and pointless amounts of sugars being ingested.
    Last edited by jweave23; 03-19-2004 at 11:55 AM.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    Either way, its working, and it works for me, I am human and I am getting alot stronger eating alot of pw carbs.

Dude you oughta see some of this guys lifts, he is working with DC and his motto is to get big you gotta eat big....all the time
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Where can I get really really cheap malto and dextrose?

I used to take Biotest Surge...tastes amazing (insanely sweet), but its ungodly pricy. I mean $50 retail for 2LBs? You can get it for under $30, but thats still only 10 servings in that container. Now, I'm taking After Max by ON, at $22 or so dollars for 20 servings.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

1fast400 sells dextrose for 2 bucks per 2lb bag
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Now Foods product line carries corn sugar (dextrose). Some natural health food store will carry them. Many sites (1fast, vitaglo for example) carries the dextrose from Now Foods. If you're looking for a big bulk of malt or dextrose, supplementdirect has them. Shipping will get you though.
    Sage
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Answers

the dextrose i use is 21 grams/tbs (84 kcals) 1/2 cup=168 grams (672 kcals)
  26. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goes4ever

Yes, eventually it will. Science doens't lie but I guess you know more than they do. And if you actually took the time to read the arguement, BOTH work. Low GI has less of a chance of adipose storage and that is a fact. Its basic phyioslogy you can read in any 101 book. Look it up.

But if you want to keep wasting your money on bags of sugar, then go for it.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...et/twitter.png http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...t/facebook.png

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  27. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

~SC~

Well I wouldn't say that. The health benefits of whole grains over high glycemic sugars are numerous. Both work but once has a greater chance of adipose storage and that can't be argued. Thats just basic physiology. If you can get away with it fine but most likley you won't be able to as natural insulin resistance sets in with age.

Training the majority of men under 25-30 is fairly easy as they can get away with much more.

28. Registered User
    Answers

Isn't the taste of sugar in your PWO drink a lot easier to stomach though than grinded up oats?
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Amazingly I've many "older" gentlemen (few ladies too, a very good powerlifter as well) who are 40+ doing this, will no ill affects. Does it mean I'm right and you are wrong, or vice versa? No, not really, but it is quite interesting. (G4E is over the 25-30 age bracket, I won't mention his age, but he has no ill affects either)

I suppose I'm just lucky, and have acquired biz from only people with sterling insulin responses. I've told Bobo I'd look into experimenting w/a client, and that has begun already to one who volunteered to try it, so we'll see how this other method plays out. Definitely not going to change my protocol in the programs I construct, not with the success rate as such. However, for purposes of saying it was given a chance and tried as a method, I'll test it.

~SC~
  30. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Swolecat I would make a case to why I'm right, but I'm on vacation about to hit the beach and eat all the junkfood I can find.

I just wouldn't feel right telling people to eat correctly when I will have pizza in front of me!

31. Registered User
    Answers

Hey, I hear ya bro. I leave for Vegas myself Thursday, and I can't wait! All this sodium-free crap for 3 days and droppin' water/carbin' up gets old REALLY fast.

I never realized how much I love sodium in general. Not even "salt" added to things, just foods w/sodium. Until you don't have it, you really don't think about it.

Have a blast!

~SC~
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Amazingly I've many "older" gentlemen (few ladies too, a very good powerlifter as well) who are 40+ doing this, will no ill affects. Does it mean I'm right and you are wrong, or vice versa? No, not really, but it is quite interesting. (G4E is over the 25-30 age bracket, I won't mention his age, but he has no ill affects either)

I suppose I'm just lucky, and have acquired biz from only people with sterling insulin responses. I've told Bobo I'd look into experimenting w/a client, and that has begun already to one who volunteered to try it, so we'll see how this other method plays out. Definitely not going to change my protocol in the programs I construct, not with the success rate as such. However, for purposes of saying it was given a chance and tried as a method, I'll test it.

~SC~

I can you tell you now, that low gi carbs didnt work aswell for me as doing dextrose, and i was on swoles program - i tried low gi for 1 month and i noticed less growth and more fat storage. dextrose evertime for me, more growth and less fat storage
  33. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

More fat storage with Low GI? Umm....yeah ok....

34. Registered User
    Answers

Different strokes for different folks.
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    More fat storage with Low GI? Umm....yeah ok....

No BS - i read all your posts (quoting scientific studies) on why low gi was better than high gi - so i gave it a whirl. Oats and whey iso for 1 month 3-4 x week. Your argument is convincing, and I would have loved it to have worked 4 me, as i hate the sweetness of dextrose, and love oats, however it didnt work at all, it was worse than dex, and i did give it a good go. I know swolecat recommends dex and has most if not all his clients on it. It works so much better 4 me, even though i dont like it as much as oats.
  36. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Thats just really strange but it basically breaks the rules of physiology. Now I know the old saying "what works for you might not work for me" but this doesn't apply in this case because everything about oats would cause less fat stoage. The fact that the fiber content in itself would cause less fat storage and the glucose response and its effect on HSL is much less are just two examples of why its almost impossible to gain more fat using a low GI source rather than a high GI source. It has to be something else because it just doesn't make any sense at all. Its like saying I can burn stored fat while eating well above maintenance. It just can't happen.

37. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry bro - but i got my nutrition/training dialed in, with swoles help, and the oats didnt work - My gains are so much better with dex.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Studies are studies, and those are great. Real world application is different however, and you must go w/what works. You can study and tear apart **** all day, but at the end of that day it comes down to what actually works.

~SC~
  39. Registered User
    Answers

I agree wholeheartedly, I never made any real gains till I worked with Swolecat, he totally changed the way I ate, and the main difference was my two HIGH carb PWO meals and yes they are high GI, real world results is what I am after not some study. Studies don't make me grow, but Swolecats knowledge did.
    Last edited by goes4ever; 03-29-2004 at 07:42 PM.
  40. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Answers

Studies are studies, but physioliogy is physiology and that doesn't change for anyone. If you eat over maintenance you get fat. Its basic physiology and the "real world" vs. "studies" arguement doens't apply. Basically what he is saying is that he a genetic mutant and he is above the natural laws of physiology. If he used the same amount of grams of Dextrose and Oatmeal then is it impossible for him to get fatter. I simply don't trust someone who had zero posts then all of a sudden posts that it didn't work and claims oats made him fatter. Its ridiculous. If you had your diet and training dialed in then you wouldn't need the switch and if I remember correctly Swolecat said he never recommended to anyone to try this option so something isn't right.

I'm tired of hearing these people bring up the "real application". Studies are the real world and its in a must better controlled setting than anyone on these boards can duplicate. If it works for you, there is a scientific reason for it and its not some magic beans your eating or some magic formula that SC or I is giving you. Ignoring the scientific application because you simple do not understand or don't want to understand is your problem but those arguements don't fly here. We want scientific explanationns and reasons WHY things work. If I wanted to hear every Joe Blow give me a testimonial on what works I would go to Elite or AF and be using Cell-Tech to get HYOOOOGE.

And it does work. If you haven't read there are several people just in this thread that have better results. If it didn't work for you fine, but don't come on here claiming it made you fatter because thats impossible unless you consumed 10 cups of oatmeal and went above your caloric maintenance.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much?
    By Berserkfury69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 05:56 AM
  2. figuring out how much is left in a bottle
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 10:09 AM
  3. How much protien is too much at one time!!!
    By curt2go in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 05:56 PM
  4. How much do you spend
    By Patuba in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 03:48 PM
  5. How much 4AD
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 02:14 PM