confused need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TapouT sparta

Awards
over the past year i have gained about 45 pounds i am now 240 pounds, and i want to lose weight and get more muscle mass. im planning to do ckd diet possibly lifting weights 3 to 4 times a week, and doing cardio 2 to 3 times a week. diet is going to be clean chicken, lean meats, eggs, vegetables, whey etc.if i did this would i still gain alot of muscle mass ? substituting fat for muscle and would i be able to take a test booster while doing this?
if u have any any opinions or suggestions please leave them it will greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ty

ripnlean

ripnlean

Better Body Sports
Awards
CKD is one of the best diets to lose body fat while maintianing or even gaining muscle!
Reading your post, make sure you read up on Keto real good, Whey is only to be taken post workout. creatine only preworkout, don't do lean meats, fatty meats like beef patty's, chicken livers, blood sausage, hot sausage will do better, make sure to stock up on oil's once you don't feel hungry they will help for those easy cals!, EVOO or Coconut oil, macadamia nut is good too! Lastly test booster will definitely help IMO, NO carbs:D

oh yeah, you can check out my sig for a log on my CKD i started 3 weeks ago!

Good luck bro!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with getting just "fatty meats" mainly because if you eat a lot of sausage and fatty processed meat, its still crap meat. I prefer leaner meat and make up for it with extra EVOO. Typically the fattiest meat I get is center cut pork chops and 93/7 ground beef and ground turkey. I eat a lot of sirloin and London Broil, lean chicken breast, almonds, eggs, and natty peanut butter. I guess I just don't like eating a lot of "leftover crap" ground together into meat regardless if it fits into the Keto requirements.

ripnlean

ripnlean

Better Body Sports
Awards
my beef patties are 80/20.
sausage I like but prefer Bratwurst which is mostly livers nomsnoms.
I started my keto with the same thinking as you, clean fats with a lot of EVOO, but found that In order to raise cals I added those meats above.

It's working that's all I can say!, oh yeah, I'd becareful with that PB, love the stuff too but on KETO it has to be limited a bit:(

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
EZIKEL BREAD - 16carbs 6g fiber 5protein 80cals cant beat that

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I only have 1 or 2 servings of PB a day if at all. I allow myself up to 30 carbs per day, accounting for the trace carbs in the PB, almonds, broccoli, and whatever else, except for sugary or starchy carbs.

The key to the Keto diet is definitely keep the fats up and don't go overboard on protein. Try to keep at least 60% from fat, ideal is 70% cals from fat. 30% protein. Shoot for 1 gram protein per pound of lean body mass, which is a little less than traditionally recommended. If your fat intake is too low, then it will be harder to start to drop the water weight and progress into ketosis. As you drop weight after time, your maintenance calorie requirements will lower also, so when you stall out, you will have to lower cals a bit, typically from fat and keep protein the same.