forman grill

quakebks

Awards
i have been using a george forman grill for a while and was wondering about how much fat actually leaves the food after its cooked. it claims to reduce fat. i mean im sure it does, after cooking red meat the tray is full of grease. does anybody have an idea of how much is reduced? thanks

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
After cooking, weigh the excess fat that dripped off. That will tell you for sure. Otherwise, I'm sure it has to do with how much fat the meat originally had and exactly what kind of fat.

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
what kind of meat, cut, weight, etc.? It really wouldn't be different from other methods of grilling, they just say that go get people to buy it.

badjuju

Awards
it varies based on the fat content of what you are cooking on it. for example, a 'standard' cheeseburger is 80%meat/20%fat. When I used to eat those the tray would fill itself up and maybe even overflow. I switched over to the 92/8 mix and its barely anything. The foreman grill is just a variation of a normal grill that just presses the meat non stop while cooking, but lets it cook pretty perfectly even. Obviously it won't make things fat free but it's definitely worth the investment for health conscious people ya know?

mcssassin

Awards
i freakin love my foreman grill that thing is so handy wheather it cuts more fat than other ways of cooking or not burgers are done in like 2 mins dont get me wrong i still prefer the real grill but if you dont got time for that or just dont wanna go thru all the stuff to get ready to cook.i use that thing at least 3 times a week. and yea it cuts more fat for 1. the burgers are tilted to make the fat run off instead of pool 2. there is heat on both sides so your not flipping the burgers and allowing the pooled fat that has saturated one side to run thru the burger while flipping plying a game of hide and seek inside your burger 3.the slight weight of the top cooking plate puts slight pressure on the meat forcing out fat and such.... of course this is just my opinion

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
there is heat on both sides so your not flipping the burgers and allowing the pooled fat that has saturated one side to run thru the burger while flipping plying a game of hide and seek inside your burger
Good call. :privateeye: