Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

pics moved

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

See. I have 0 to no muscle mass. But I have hips that you cant see all that great in the pics.. I want to get rid of my hips, and a i have enough belly fat for rolls if I bend over.. My bmr is around 2k..
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlee View Post
    See. I have 0 to no muscle mass. But I have hips that you cant see all that great in the pics.. I want to get rid of my hips, and a i have enough belly fat for rolls if I bend over.. My bmr is around 2k..
    Hey, I really don't see a need for you to be dieting right now. I feel you need to eat, and blast the weights. Get proper rest and you will get the results you desire. You have a body, which is a foundation, which is all you need. There is muscle there, but you cannot be discouraged you have been at it for four months. This is a lifetime kinda change. It will take time. I would totally discourage dieting for you right now. In my opinion it is totally counter-productive for your goals, and I do mean fat loss and building muscle. You are thin, and you are not carrying much bodyfat. Eat. I know you don't want to believe me, but eat man. Eat good thou. Alot of protein I'd say something like 60% protein 30% carbs and 10% fat. If your bmr is around 2000 I'd say a good starting point will be 32 ta 3500 calories, depending on how much cardio your doing. Watch the mirror. You will know if thats too much or not enough. I promise, that tiny little pooch you have going on will dissappear soon as your abdominals and obliques start growing. You could probably stay the bf% you are right now and add 40 pounds of muscle and look exactly how you are wanting. Concentrate on compound movements, eating and rest. When the muscles begin growing your bf% will decrease. You are hindering your progress by dieting at this point. You have to feed the muscle you do have, to allow it to grow when you rest. Please, give what I am telling you a big thinking session on. Eat right, which will help you gain the muscle you desire, and help keep any extra bf from coming along. This is going to take time. You gotta stay dedicated and you will make progress. If anything, eating right now, before you head off to the academy will help you, since you are working out and doing cardio. I am not telling this because I want you to fail, I want you to succeed. I want you to keep working out and for God's sake if I fall my happy azz down in a burning building, I don't want you ta be friggin dieting when your dragging me out!!! Lol. Your lifting, your doing cardio. The last two keys are eating enough of the right foods and rest. I know I am rambling on and I can do this forever because I totally feel 100% positive on how I feel on this. Man I can help you out with the workout or whatever you need. Sounds like capone is ready to help you as well. Looks like he's got his shiat down solid. I hope he's telling you ta EAT. Lol. The path is in front of you, run down the yellow brick road to the Golden Arches and tell'em ya want a grilled chicken sandwich no fooking fries and some tea or water or something!!! Jk. The other thing I wanted to address, is you wanting to take gear soon. Bro your 20 years old and just started. You really need to explore your potential before you go to gear. Stay on the right path, and you have a good chance of hitting your goal naturally. Either way, you need to have a good foundation before you use gear and that takes years. Your joints and ligaments and tendons need to have some working done first so they can thicken and get stronger. You go trying to throw on alot of mass right out of the gates and you could sorely regret your decision. Ya just want to be careful there. Your 20, your natural test is still high. As long as the rest of the pieces are in the right spot, you will progress, and probably quite well for awhile. Not trying to discourage you, just don't wanna see you get hurt. I will answer anything you ask to the best of my ability based on my research, my own experiences, etc.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

p.s. cute nephew, nothing like a happy smiling bubbly baby.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Ok just finished eating again. just over 1500 cals on the day. Guess what I had, guess. Nope thats not it. I had 2 servings of kashi a serving of 2% milk, and 2 servings of eggbeaters with salt and pepper and hot sauce. Oh and coffee. Lol. I drink coffee 24/7. I can drink coffee and fall asleep lol. Gonna watch another movie, get another massage, do 10 min of HIIT on the elliptical and go ta damn bed lol. My lower back betta heal overnight. Geez I hate this. Feels like a pinched nerve. Sharp pains shooting all over when I move wrong, which seems to be when I move lol. My backs sure gonna be pissed if it don't heal tonight when I do calves and abs tomorrow. It might just start screaming at me.....
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

ha good morning bro, I appreciate it all. I will just start eating. Maybe thats why I have not been able to lift like i want to. Should i take in all the carbs I want or what. Hope your back feels better.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvylifter View Post
    Hey, I really don't see a need for you to be dieting right now. I feel you need to eat, and blast the weights. Get proper rest and you will get the results you desire. You have a body, which is a foundation, which is all you need. There is muscle there, but you cannot be discouraged you have been at it for four months. This is a lifetime kinda change. It will take time. I would totally discourage dieting for you right now. In my opinion it is totally counter-productive for your goals, and I do mean fat loss and building muscle. You are thin, and you are not carrying much bodyfat. Eat. I know you don't want to believe me, but eat man. Eat good thou. Alot of protein I'd say something like 60% protein 30% carbs and 10% fat. If your bmr is around 2000 I'd say a good starting point will be 32 ta 3500 calories, depending on how much cardio your doing. Watch the mirror. You will know if thats too much or not enough. I promise, that tiny little pooch you have going on will dissappear soon as your abdominals and obliques start growing. You could probably stay the bf% you are right now and add 40 pounds of muscle and look exactly how you are wanting. Concentrate on compound movements, eating and rest. When the muscles begin growing your bf% will decrease. You are hindering your progress by dieting at this point. You have to feed the muscle you do have, to allow it to grow when you rest. Please, give what I am telling you a big thinking session on. Eat right, which will help you gain the muscle you desire, and help keep any extra bf from coming along. This is going to take time. You gotta stay dedicated and you will make progress. If anything, eating right now, before you head off to the academy will help you, since you are working out and doing cardio. I am not telling this because I want you to fail, I want you to succeed. I want you to keep working out and for God's sake if I fall my happy azz down in a burning building, I don't want you ta be friggin dieting when your dragging me out!!! Lol. Your lifting, your doing cardio. The last two keys are eating enough of the right foods and rest. I know I am rambling on and I can do this forever because I totally feel 100% positive on how I feel on this. Man I can help you out with the workout or whatever you need. Sounds like capone is ready to help you as well. Looks like he's got his shiat down solid. I hope he's telling you ta EAT. Lol. The path is in front of you, run down the yellow brick road to the Golden Arches and tell'em ya want a grilled chicken sandwich no fooking fries and some tea or water or something!!! Jk. The other thing I wanted to address, is you wanting to take gear soon. Bro your 20 years old and just started. You really need to explore your potential before you go to gear. Stay on the right path, and you have a good chance of hitting your goal naturally. Either way, you need to have a good foundation before you use gear and that takes years. Your joints and ligaments and tendons need to have some working done first so they can thicken and get stronger. You go trying to throw on alot of mass right out of the gates and you could sorely regret your decision. Ya just want to be careful there. Your 20, your natural test is still high. As long as the rest of the pieces are in the right spot, you will progress, and probably quite well for awhile. Not trying to discourage you, just don't wanna see you get hurt. I will answer anything you ask to the best of my ability based on my research, my own experiences, etc.

great post. right on the money.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    You don't "get fatter" after a single meal;

Rosie,

i said i would get back to this sunday after my weigh in so,

Two sundays ago: 179 @ 9.4% bf
    Last sunday: 180.4 @ 9.4% bf
    Today: 182.0 @ 10.6% bf

No changes in diet, can only mean the added bf came from that one huge binge meal at the buffet, and it is possible to gain fat from a single meal.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccapone1153 View Post
    Rosie,

No changes in diet, can only mean the added bf came from that one huge binge meal at the buffet, and it is possible to gain fat from a single meal.
    Thats scary.. I slipped yesterday for the first time in like 2 months and yes I will start eating more but thing is why i didnt wanna gain fat b4 the academy so that I could run further and faster and be in better shape overall
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Ok, its Sunday. 3 weeks of gear and superlow cal dieting past. Took my morning supps and gear and upped my slimextreme today ta 2 capsules, not that I needed it, 1 was giving me very good appitite suppressing qualitites, I just wanted to see what 2 did, so I could see if it was slowly losing effect or if 1 is plenty for me. Probably go back to 1 tomorrow for the remainder of my diet. Breakfast was magical, 2 servings of kashi, 2 servings of eggbeaters and yep one cup of 2%. Lower back hurts less, however, um yea still hurting. I'm pretty sure what it is, is when I deadlift or squat with less than perfect form, such as being so damn horizontal at the beginning of the lift, that my spine goes thru a sheering effect. Causing massive amounts of pressure on my ligaments and tendons and muscles holding my spine in place. I also feel that doing that with my back slightly rounded as you could see,aka stupid, along with being that horizontal, I feel I pinched the cartilage in my lower 6 lumbar, yes I have 6 instead of everyone elses 5. Told that was a weakness but fu@k that doctor. Anyways, I feel that the collateral damage to the tendons, ligaments, muscle and cartilage or any combination of those, which some could be ok, is causing swelling around the nerves running down my spine, therefore limiting my movement in my back tremendously due to the less space for the nerve and putting pressure on it whenever I get even the slightest out of alignment, when normally with no swelling, it would be perfectly fine to twist, bend and move. I am drinking my second cup of coffee and within 30 min I will be going to hit my calves and abs. Most likely I will be doing what would be a light workout for me. Or I guess I should say higher rep, I will still kill the muscles. I just have to watch how much pressure I put on my L-1thru6 until the swelling is gone and my wolverine like healing abilities have done their deed. I swear I should have stayed in the weapon X program and let them put the adamantium in my body. Damn the luck, I thought it was just going to be a passing fad... Oh well. Wish me luck, this might just hurt like a motherf(@@)ker, however I cannot just not workout. Only way I wouldn't workout is if I had like 105 temp, chills and shakes, anything touching my body hurt, food was not able to enter my body, things were leaving my body at a accelerated pace, possible dizzyness etc. Ya know, tha I think I'm dying feeling, sick. Regular sick, yea screw my immune system, Ima workout. A individual bodypart injured, ima work around it, this ones hard, lol since my spine seems to be a central part of my body connecting it all together hahaha. Ima just have to have a talk with it when I'm warming up, and make sure it understands that I am the boss, and it will do as I tell it, or suffer the consequences. Ya know, I think I might just be a lil insane, a slight bit retarded, a whole lot of redneck(regretfully), and just a lil bit X-men lol aka 6 lower vertabrae. Anyways, back to reality, I did my 10 min last night of HIIT on the elliptical during the movie, really tough last night, harder than the other times, not due to my back thou, it gave me no issues for that movement. Will probably do another 10 min tonight. Bout to be off to tha races. I think being OCD helps me not miss workouts, cuz its like I feel like I have to, lol. Yeay!!! A sickness that helps me train due to mental instability!!!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

ha good morning bro, I appreciate it all. I will just start eating. Maybe thats why I have not been able to lift like i want to. Should i take in all the carbs I want or what. Hope your back feels better.
    Good morning as well brotha. Glad you are seeing the light. However I see a notion that you are wanting to go full swing the other direction, which to a degree is right, however, no do not take in all the carbs you want. You do that and I promise, you will overshoot your calorie needs too much and as soontobbeast said and I quote "OH ****" lol ok thats not a quote, but he ate to many donuts I think and well the DARKSIDE is hard to control once you let it get a grip. Thats exactly what I used to think too, I was gaining strength and basically said to hell with it. I would say thou, eat all the lean steak and chicken, tuna, lean protein sources you wanted, within reason. I would literally log all that you eat, get a book or whatever you need to give you calorie amounts for foods that aren't labled and log it ALL. I again would start between 3200- and 3500 and see what effects its having on you, then adjust higher or lower. Main thing is, stick to a certain amount of calories with little variance for at least two weeks at each change you make to the intake. It will take at least that long to see any difference it has made, positive or negative. I would make your protein somewhere in the neighborhood of 60% of your diet. 30% carbs, spread evenly across the day to help maintain homeostasis within your body, aka less cravings. That to me is more important than evenly eating the protein throughout the day, but you should still spread the protein out as well. How you feel during the day thou will be more regulated on the carbs you injest and how evenly you do so, go a long time without carbs during the day, cravings will begin to come over you, and they can be hard to control. Fat should be about 10% Just whenever lol. If your spreading the protein and carbs out, fats will be most likely spread out enough. Do not make your carbs that you do eat, whatever carbs. I know donuts and twinkies, candy, pop, sugared tea etc are most likely the better tasting carbs and the ones you will want, however they will spike your sugar levels and then when they drop, your cravings will skyrocket. Think wholegrain, blah blah complex carbs. Lol heres you a list of examples.
    Pasta Macaroni Spaghetti Brown ricePotatoesOther root vegetablesWholemeal breads Granary bread Brown bread Pitta bread Bagel Wholegrain cereals High fiber breakfast cereals Porridge oats All bran Wheetabix Shredded wheat Ryvita crispbread Muesli Cassava Corn Yam
    Oatcakes Peas Beans Lentils

Yea that was just a copy and paste, IDk what the hell most of that s**t is. hahahahaha.

Eat right, Workout properly with good form(as to not hurt yourself as I do, so I say do as I say, not as I do hahaha), rest, and plenty of Playstation 3 and listening to Eye of the Tiger, and you will succeed.

I also just looked back thru this and I saw you posted part of your routine.
    What does your whole workout look like, including type and amount of cardio?
    I like what I saw as far as compound movements, In my opinion every workout should center around compound movements. Isolation exercises then used to complete the kill. Include how many rest days you have and how many times you work each bodypart. Weather you go to failure, drop sets, pause sets, partials, cheat reps, isometric anything, negatives, supersets, bands, chains, blah blah. Any and all information, even if you think you are writing a book, will help show me as if I am looking through your eyes, at what you are doing, that way I can see if there are any red flags that pop up as I read, and we can discuss weather or not it is helping or hurting you.

p.s. Back is still hurting, but not near as bad as yesterday morning, meaning the swelling is going down.

p.s.s. With proper everything, nothing is impossible. I totally knew 2 years ago when I made this pic, I would have a use for it. PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

great post. right on the money.
    Thanks for the backup, sometimes my retarded side shows too damn much and sometimes people disagree with me just for my added stupidity I throw out there. Its how I enjoy life. Lol. I totally wanna see him prosper. Back when I was like 19 I trained two of my younger friends still in high school and helped them become state champs in powerlifting, it totally makes me smile to help someone.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Rosie,

HAHAHA!!! FATASS!!! lol. Joking. lol. Totally can appreciate the conviction to argue and finish the argument that you are correct. Wait maybe your just getting old, and your metabolism is slowing, and it started slowing that very day at the buffet. That would totally explain the gain. Oh sh^t dude your gonna become obese!!! lol. Loved it. HAHAHA.
    Gotta talk a little noise, haha, I'm jealous of your shredded azz. Good shizat.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Thats scary.. I slipped yesterday for the first time in like 2 months and yes I will start eating more but thing is why i didnt wanna gain fat b4 the academy so that I could run further and faster and be in better shape overall
    Eating right, which means the appropriate calorie amount and the proper foods, aka don't eat crap food, is exactly what you need. I guarantee what I am saying. Don't eat junk food. Eat the proper amount of calories in good foods, feed your muscles and kill them. Rest. They will get stronger and gain endurance, because you are putting everything in its place, at the right time, and they will advance. Not only in size and strength, but in endurance as well. They will also possibly gain a little bit of efficiency between now and then, which will also help endurance. Starving or dieting at this point will not put you in better shape overall. It will just make you weaker than you could've been, slower than you could've been, and unable to go as hard or as long as you could have. Have faith. Your worries will be shown to be unwarranted.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

P.s. the chinese buffet isn't where you will find the foods I said to eat. lol. However I completely understand capones desire to eat 100,000 calories at one. Which now I will probably have to do as well at my next cheat day hahahaha!!!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

On my cell now lol. I forgot ta say I think, weighed this morning 233. Can visibly tell abs are still slowly coming in better, and abdominal thickness front to back is diminishing.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.

hey man great progress on the cut!
    ive read everything you've be saying to david and i was wondering what you think someone who is higher in fat should do...like 6 ft 190 lifting for about 4 months. idk bf % i might get that later today or tomorrow
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by scott2hott99 View Post
    hey man great progress on the cut!
    ive read everything you've be saying to david and i was wondering what you think someone who is higher in fat should do...like 6 ft 190 lifting for about 4 months. idk bf % i might get that later today or tomorrow

Thanks very much. Headed out the door now to hit my workout then five hours of driving to get two of my kids. I get on here on my moto q thou and yes even while driving, ik I shouldn't. Idc what your bodyfat % is. I can get a rough estimate from pics. A few pics will help alot for my mind to work. Also what kind of routine and your eating habits. The more info you can give me the more personalized ideas I can throw at you.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.

alright thanks a lot man....and as of today im starting a keto diet with refeeds on either saturday or sunday...
    before 3 weeks ago my diet was complete crap and i mean bad like i ate fast food and frozen pizzas all the time because i was out...then i started an eca stack and slowly started cutting out pop and pizza...then 5 days ago i switched from an eca stack to SX and i dont seem to be going down in weight at all but i do seem a little leaner and my strength is going up? dont know why

my routine looks like this now but i think it may change when i go back to school any ways to improve it would be great!
    MON - chest, triceps,
    tuesday - cardio or 3 hours of indoor volleyball
    wednesday - back and biceps
    thursday - cardio or 3 hours of indoor volleyball
    friday - shoulders and legs
    saturday - cardio or off
    sunday - off

as i said i think this will change when i go back to school because i will have more free time and some to workout with. i think i may work out 5 times a week when i go back.
    and here are the pics there from a week or two ago...definitely embarassing...just went to lifetime and test said i was 21%bf but idk
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by scott2hott99; 08-16-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: update
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Ok, workout wasn't too bad. 99 percent of my calve work is in my power rack standing with barbell on my back. I use some 2x3 tubing to build me a raised platform for my feet. Yea I weld and build stuff too. I prefer standing because idk when I will ever need to pick up something heavy from a seated position with my calves... wait ik ik, I come across a car thats fallen off a jack and i c its the perfect height for my calve to fit with my upper thigh tightly against toe bumper, I calve raise the car and save the mechanic. lol. ima idiot. Nyways I did 6 sets and blasted them, however I only went up to 225. Still a good workout. Reverse calve raises on my leg curl hurt... still killed them. abs were fine, barely noticed pain. obliques hurt a bit but ehh. blasted my forearms and about to get my daughter. Had a metrx protein bar for lunch after workout. overall it didn't hurt my bck too much and the added blood rushing around back there should help with healing, I just had to be careful not to aggrivate or make it worse. Healing thou. Cardio tonight. Then I gotta get some sleep, Capone said ima bad person if I don't get enough sleep, jk lol. 2 sx are deff working me. Will respond to other questions soon.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

hahah good job. what do you think about 3 protein shakes a day. what if i felt like for meal 2 3 and 4 i had whey protein shake? would that be straight?
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

Okay heres the specs that you needed on me. Maintenance calories are 2600 - 2700. BMR is 2050. My routine is EXACTLY as follows.. NO isolated workouts. So basically since your my new personal trainer whether or not you like it, copy and fill in the exercises i should add and paste it back to me I do 30 minutes cardio 6a.m. every morning. Mon: Chest:
    Barbell Bench Press 4x12
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4x10

Tricep's:
    Close Grip Bench Press 4x8
    Dips 4x Max

Tues: Leg's:
    Deep Squats 4x 12/10/8/6
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts 4x 12/10/8/9
    Dumbbell Lunges 4x 8 (Each Leg)
    Power Clean's 4x 8
    Abs:
    Lying Floor Leg Raise With Crunch 5x 20

Wed: Rest Day

Thurs: Back: Bicep's:
    Wide Grip Pullup 4x 12
    Chin Ups 4x 10
    Bent Over Barbell Rows 4x 12
    Dumbell Rows 4x 12
    Pinwheel Curl 3x 12

FrÔ: Shoulders:Trap's:
    Military Press 4x 12/10/8/6
    Alternate Arm Seated Dumbbell Press 4x 10
    Shrugs 4x 8
    Upright rows 4x 12

Ab's:
    Bicycle Floor Ab Crunch 5x 20

Sat & Sun Rest Days
    Here is my new diet. Just made it up
    Meal 1 - 5 - FOOOOD! Naw jk.
    meal1. 3 whole eggs 1/2 cup oatmeal 1 teaspoon natty pnut butttter 475 cals
    meal 2 and 4. whey shake: 1 scoop whey, 8oz FF milk, 2 teaspoon natty pnut butter and 1/2 cup oats - 450 - 475 cals (depending on how accurate the pnut butter i put in)
    meal 3. 2 cans tuna, 1 can green beans, 1 banana, 2 teaspoons pnut buter - 500cals
    meal 5. meat ( either fish, chicken, or beef) with some veggies, and some pnut butter - 600 cals
    meal 6. some tuna and pnut butter for about 500cals..
    thats like almost 3k cals.. Ill add a little more throughout day to get me to 3200 for 2 weeks.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Oh another bad thing bout my back I noticed was I haveta walk like I got a cobb up my azz to keep it from hurting. hahahahaha.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

is your back only sore from liftin or is it hurt from something else? rofl. i could see you waddlin around the house eating some dam egg beaters
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

hvy, after this cut what are you going to do..? just try and maintain? or later on you going to try and bulk up again. You know i could see you being a lean 245
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

eeeeh! also, how many reps, how many sets each, and how much rest time.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

I wanna reply to all this but my responses are way more than I wanna do driving lol. Will respond when I get home.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

Oh and let me say it like this. Look bro, 4 months ago I was about 220 pounds ( same amount of muscle I have now so it was all BF) and I lost it. Now that I am finally in a almost comfortable body weight your telling me the only way I can really buff up is if i gain fatty muscle and then cut down later. I get uncomfortable feeling when i eat 2k calories, much less 3k+ calories. I used to have ridges in my shirt where you could see the outline of my fat chest and hips.. (it only came from dating the same chick for 3+years) Now I actually have a chest with some detailed muscle to it and almost visible abs and you tell me I have to give it up to gain muscle. And what if while im eatin those cals I do 30 mins of cardio daily sweatin like a pig. thats still going to be so hard to go from eating about 1800 calories a day to 3200 calories a day.. IM confused and scared of what your response will be
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.

just watched the movie fighting.. it's bad
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

is your back only sore from liftin or is it hurt from something else? rofl. i could see you waddlin around the house eating some dam egg beaters
    Ok, been busy as hell since i got home, bout ta shower n shave, n i gotta get up at 315am, but ima answer some questions. My back is injured, not just sore, I screwed up and I will pay for it for a bit. It happens.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

alright thanks a lot man....and as of today im starting a keto diet with refeeds on either saturday or sunday...
    before 3 weeks ago my diet was complete crap and i mean bad like i ate fast food and frozen pizzas all the time because i was out...then i started an eca stack and slowly started cutting out pop and pizza...then 5 days ago i switched from an eca stack to SX and i dont seem to be going down in weight at all but i do seem a little leaner and my strength is going up? dont know why

my routine looks like this now but i think it may change when i go back to school any ways to improve it would be great!
    MON - chest, triceps,
    tuesday - cardio or 3 hours of indoor volleyball
    wednesday - back and biceps
    thursday - cardio or 3 hours of indoor volleyball
    friday - shoulders and legs
    saturday - cardio or off
    sunday - off

as i said i think this will change when i go back to school because i will have more free time and some to workout with. i think i may work out 5 times a week when i go back.
    and here are the pics there from a week or two ago...definitely embarassing...just went to lifetime and test said i was 21%bf but idk
    Ok, well I'm no fan of keto diets, but if it works for you thats great, I lost way too much muscle doing keto. plus cravings skyrocketed. If I were you, I'd cut back to around 2000 calories. count them. dont guess. write it down. give that as I told david, about two weeks. then we adjust if any from there. once a week you will want to eat around 3500 calories. If you are losing bf, then we keep the calories there, if not we drop them. As far as your workout, it shouldn't change because of school. if it needs to be done, make time. First glance your workout looks ok, we can go into actual exercises reps, sets, rest, etc you are doing as well. your split looks ok thou. I do traps on back day, but thats just me. what are the movements you do? how much sleep do you get? What do you do for cardio? there is alot to go over.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

hahah good job. what do you think about 3 protein shakes a day. what if i felt like for meal 2 3 and 4 i had whey protein shake? would that be straight?
    How much protein and calories per shake?
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

hvy, after this cut what are you going to do..? just try and maintain? or later on you going to try and bulk up again. You know i could see you being a lean 245
    When i finish im guessing my weight will be around 220 ta 225 however when i go on a maintence diet I will gain at least 5 pounds just from replenishing my body. Depending on how long it takes me to get where I want will determine the rest. Could end up cutting for about 5 more weeks. If so, then 8 weeks maintence and then I will go for a lean bulk. I would imagine anywhere between 240 and 250.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

eeeeh! also, how many reps, how many sets each, and how much rest time.
    I will go over this more tomorrow. For now continue as regular. just make sure you kill it.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

i saw a diet of a guy who doesnt cut or bulk, but stays lean eating ~1500 or less daily and still puts on size
    genetics possibly
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Oh and let me say it like this. Look bro, 4 months ago I was about 220 pounds ( same amount of muscle I have now so it was all BF) and I lost it. Now that I am finally in a almost comfortable body weight your telling me the only way I can really buff up is if i gain fatty muscle and then cut down later. I get uncomfortable feeling when i eat 2k calories, much less 3k+ calories. I used to have ridges in my shirt where you could see the outline of my fat chest and hips.. (it only came from dating the same chick for 3+years) Now I actually have a chest with some detailed muscle to it and almost visible abs and you tell me I have to give it up to gain muscle. And what if while im eatin those cals I do 30 mins of cardio daily sweatin like a pig. thats still going to be so hard to go from eating about 1800 calories a day to 3200 calories a day.. IM confused and scared of what your response will be
    I understand your fears. however you are wrong on my intentions for you. I am not advising you to gain fatty muscle. Look working your way ta 220, you wasnt working out. Now you are. I'm not asking you to gain fat or give up anything. If your working out as often as you said including cardio, plus daily activities, I mean come on bro. your bmr is somewhere around 2000 I think thats what you said, I will do my own calculations tomorrow. thats sitting in a chair not moving all day. Add hardcore workout, say 500 cals plus raises metabolism. 30 min cardio say 250 cals at least and another metabolism boost.thats like 2750 plus your daily activities. bro 3200 with all you said you do is borderline maintence. probably barely over. Thats what the two weeks is for. We look in the mirror and decide where to go from there. I do not like eating whatever bulking. Even thou I do it I shouldn't . I trying to work you into a lean bulking phase, where we will dial in your calories over some time, I want you to have just enough exces calories, god calories, for our body to build muscle with. not fat. You should actully become leaner as the muscle grows, more muscle, more weight, same amount of bf equals lower bf%. look at it this way, take your body and imagine 50 pounds of pure muscle added and no extra fat, do you really think you'd look fat or be fat or have a higher bf%? This is a science, things will have to be adjusted from time to time, but you are way off thinking I'm trying to fatten you up to gain muscle. more on this tomorrow.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

just watched the movie fighting.. it's bad
    lol
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  181 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvylifter View Post
    Ok, well I'm no fan of keto diets, but if it works for you thats great, I lost way too much muscle doing keto. plus cravings skyrocketed. If I were you, I'd cut back to around 2000 calories. count them. dont guess. write it down. give that as I told david, about two weeks. then we adjust if any from there. once a week you will want to eat around 3500 calories. If you are losing bf, then we keep the calories there, if not we drop them. As far as your workout, it shouldn't change because of school. if it needs to be done, make time. First glance your workout looks ok, we can go into actual exercises reps, sets, rest, etc you are doing as well. your split looks ok thou. I do traps on back day, but thats just me. what are the movements you do? how much sleep do you get? What do you do for cardio? there is alot to go over.
    well ive tried keto before very shortly because of other reasons. it seemed to work great though. To be honest for the last three days, since i started taking SX, ive been keeping track of what ive been eating online. Ive been at about 1500 calories a day because i felt weird if i ate more while taking SX. I havent lost a pound yet....your right about the workouts ive been traveling between kansas city, chicago, and the lake with the family so ive been all screw up and i got lazy..umm movement ill get into a little later...i usually get at least 8 hours of sleep. For cardio i usually play volleyball for 2 or 3 hours and then if i feel up to it i do about 15 minutes of HIIT...also i was gonna run today but i dove into my pool head first yesterday and hit my head on the bottom and my neck was really messing with my running so i stopped after like 10 minutes.
    btw good luck with you back!
  39. Registered User

also i was gonna run today but i dove into my pool head first yesterday and hit my head on the bottom and my neck was really messing with my running so i stopped after like 10 minutes.
    btw good luck with you back!

are you ok man?
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar504448 View Post
    i saw a diet of a guy who doesnt cut or bulk, but stays lean eating ~1500 or less daily and still puts on size
    genetics possibly
    ok well i spent ten min writing a response to this and my phonw ****ed up, no I don't believe that without proof. They'd have to be very small, otherwise even on gear they will run out of fat and their body would eat itself god damnnit fuking phone!*!! if their met slowed the calories they got would be spent on living not growing. grrrr I am pissed. test is rearing its head... i wanna twist this phone into pieces and eat it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 04:04 AM
  2. Cranghel099 hardcore diet 4-5 weeks!~
    By cranghel099 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 05:40 PM
  3. S-Roid by Hardcore Formulations Grand Opening Hardcore Sale-$19.99!
    By GeneraSupps in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM
  4. My diet...is killing my energy
    By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 06:34 PM