Need Help Big Time

madman399

Awards
Hello to all,

I am in need of some help. I was in a car accident not to long ago and have roughly put on 50 pounds. I had hurt my back pretty bad and I am finally feeling better. I want to start working out again but I just seem to have zero energy for it, no matter how much sleep I get or no matter how good I keep my diet I just cant seem to get going. This starting to drive me crazy. I have been doing some reading and I am thinking about doing an epi pulse cycle to see if that can kick start me. I have had blood work done and everything checks out ok. Blood Pressure is normal. I even tried my orignal hydroxy cut and stacker 2 with ephedra, they did nothing for me. Here is a list of supplements I have right now:

Epistane
Formadrol Extreme
Novadex Xt
Jack3d
No Shotgun
L-Carnite
Multi
Milk Thistle
Bcaa
Protien powder
ZMA

Can anyone give me an idea of timing for the first 4-5 sups what,when, why? I know its alot to ask but I have always worked out at least 2-3 days a week, but have never taken any supplements other than multi's, protein, and carnitine

Oh yeah a little info on me:
39 years old
5'10"
272 pound( holy hell)

Any help would greatly be appreciated

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
sorry to hear about your accident man. Thank god you're safe though.

Just incase you don't know, some of those (such as Epistane) are pro-hormones.

So you've had all bloodwork done and it's all ok?
Did that check include B12 level, red blood cell count, iron level, hemoglobin?...

I think you need to ensure those are fine prior to anything.
Those were all my culprits through childhood.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
You don't have much energy because you are 5'10 carrying 272 pounds. You really should not waste your money on supps right now, since the hydroxycut and stacker didn't do anything for you. If you weren't exercising much if at all for a while then they won't. And taking supps to make you stronger faster after a period of layoff just isn't that good of an idea since your joints need to be strengthened slowly. You are 39 according to your stats, and you don't need to risk tearing something up because you were impatient.

So what is your diet like? I know you don't want to hear this, but no supps in the world are going to help you if that isn't in check. And what about cardio? Yes, more of it. You can't just workout like you did before, because now you are 50 pounds heavier. you aren't the same as before, so you have to start where you are. There are several big guys 270 and up, that are in your same spot, needing to drop some serious weight, and they are succeeding. Check out some of their posts for some encouragement. Nail down your diet, slowly start back with cardio and weights if your back is good to go, and take it a day at time. Post up your diet and we can help with that also.

And besides, trying to go around the real problem, by taking a bunch of supps still doesn't correct the root cause of the problem. Some one here that I won't name, posted about being bigger than you and didn't have any energy, couldn't sleep b/c of sleep apnea, etc. He wanted to know about a ton of different supps to give him energy and a quick fix, but didn't seem to want to address the real problem of being close to 300 pounds. You can be dan duchaine when it comes to supplement knowledge, but if you don't have your nutrition down, all the supps won't do much for you other than empty your wallet. Spend the money on quality food and get that part fixed first.

Sorry if I seem to be the supp nazi, since this is my basic reponse to alot of posts lately. I feel that supps have their place, but that is to get to the next level, not to get back to square 1. But as I have gotten older and put things into perspective, I realize that I want to be in shape for life and not try to be Arnold for the rest of it. When I was younger, I spent a ton on supps, including the good stuff. I could have gotten better results if I didn't try the shortcut and just perfected the basics.

madman399

Awards
I am not looking for a quick fix just a way to get my self going. I give ya a little more background on myself.

First off dont let the fact that I weigh 272 lead you to the conclusion that I am grossly overweight. I am normally 220 with around 14-15% bodyfat. My neck size has always been around 18 1/2. In my best shape ever I was 232 with 6% bodyfat.

Second I have been working out for over 22 years I have learned which exercises work best for me to lose weight and get back into shape.

Third I just made an appointment with my doctor for monday to see if I can get them to do extended Blood Work. What extra work should I ask them for?????

Fourth This has been my day so far
930 wake up 7 1/2 hrs sleep diet coke cafiene free
figured today I would force myself to work out
10:00 took cytonox sample that i had
10:15 30min treadmill, 30min eliptical, 5min recumbent bike, standing dumbell curls 10lbs 30 reps each arm, 4 bottles of water during work out
11:40 protien shake
12:45 water/ iss amino 2200/ 500mg L carnitine
1:45 8oz grilled steak, 10oz grilled onions,red and green peppers with EVOO and a 16oz bottle of water

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
How is it going to "get yourself going?" I realize you are experienced. Why don't you take your knowledge and use it? Do your workouts and get your nutrition down, and as the weight comes off, things will get easier. 14% at 220 is about 30 pounds of fat, and you added 50 to it. No matter what, it's going to suck for a while until your body gets used to doing the work again. If you have used supps for along time to get you where you wanted to be, then see what you can do without them. I'm not doubting your experience at all, just get on the horse and take a day at time.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Third I just made an appointment with my doctor for monday to see if I can get them to do extended Blood Work. What extra work should I ask them for?????
Just those 4 things man.

B12, Iron, Hemoglobin and Red blood cells.

If you feel tired throughout the day, very lethargic or have even a fainting feeling, then one of these is likely the culprit (if not all).

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Is 11:40 your first actual caloric meal?

Also, looks like you're trying to go carb free... Carb free is a bad idea if you're trying to lose weight and your energy levels are already low. If you woke up to a nice bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of whey in it... maybe some peanut butter as well... You'd be charged up for a workout.

Standing dumbbell curls are absolutely useless. That's a concentration movement. You need some big compound lifts to boost test levels, and jump start the metabolism.

Nice work on the cardio though.

madman399

Awards
Is 11:40 your first actual caloric meal?

Also, looks like you're trying to go carb free... Carb free is a bad idea if you're trying to lose weight and your energy levels are already low. If you woke up to a nice bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of whey in it... maybe some peanut butter as well... You'd be charged up for a workout.

Standing dumbbell curls are absolutely useless. That's a concentration movement. You need some big compound lifts to boost test levels, and jump start the metabolism.

Nice work on the cardio though.
Thanks first off - Carb free is not exactly what I am doing, it just happens to be what I did today and I usually start my mornings off with a few eggs (2whites,1whole) with some veggies mixed in like spinach,squash, or Broccoli. Breakfast has almost always been a forced meal for me I never wake up hungry.

As for the exercises all were done in succession with no rest in between, The standing dumbell curls were done as extended cardio to get a little blood into my arms- I have always done a quick very light weight upper body movement after cardio such as Biceps, Shoulders, or Triceps

As for the big lifting that will be on hold until I am 100% sure my back can handle it since the car accident

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Thanks first off - Carb free is not exactly what I am doing, it just happens to be what I did today and I usually start my mornings off with a few eggs (2whites,1whole) with some veggies mixed in like spinach,squash, or Broccoli. Breakfast has almost always been a forced meal for me I never wake up hungry.

As for the exercises all were done in succession with no rest in between, The standing dumbell curls were done as extended cardio to get a little blood into my arms- I have always done a quick very light weight upper body movement after cardio such as Biceps, Shoulders, or Triceps

As for the big lifting that will be on hold until I am 100% sure my back can handle it since the car accident
Makes sense...

Just wanted to point out that you'll continue to be lethargic with the absence of carbs.

I never really was a big fan of breakfast either, but now its a must. I slam a shake every morning. Wake up is a great application for whey protein if you don't feel like sitting down to a meal.

madman399

Awards
If you have used supps for along time to get you where you wanted to be, then see what you can do without them. I'm not doubting your experience at all, just get on the horse and take a day at time.

I have always used 3 supplements when working out Protein,Multi and L-Carnitine. Those are the only 3 I have ever taken until recently. The list Below is a few things I picked up recently because of the lethargy thats been going on.

As far as most people are concerned those 3 are not even supps.

I started the ZMA because I was getting horrible sleep the first few months after the accident. It has definetly helped me get better sleep.

These supps I have never taken before

Epistane
Formadrol Extreme
Novadex Xt
Jack3d
No Shotgun
Milk Thistle
Bcaa
ZMA

I Was looking for timing on those if I take them, I may not take them at all but if I did what would be the best times for them. Also I wouldnt take them if I couldnt work out enough to benifit from taking them

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Epistane - This is an oral steroid... Stay away for now. You'll need a lot of research and a much lower BF%
Formadrol Extreme - Anti E - not really going to do much now.
Novadex Xt - Also an Anti E / Test Booster
Jack3d - PreWO stim w/ geranium... pretty solid stuff. 2 scoops preWO for you
No Shotgun - Also PreWO stim - PreWO as directed
Milk Thistle - this is a liver protectant... no use to you right now
Bcaa - If you're going to go on a diet, this is a great way to limit catabolism. Take pre / intra / post workout... These are capsules?
ZMA - 3 caps before bed...

madman399

Awards
Bcaa - If you're going to go on a diet, this is a great way to limit catabolism. Take pre / intra / post workout... These are capsules?
I actually have BCAA caps and a friend gave me the ISS amino 2200 which is about the size of a grape
Iss Amino 2200
L-Alanine 113mg **
L-Arginine 58.8mg **
L-Aspartic Acid 231.3mg **
L-Cystine 53.5mg **
L-Glutamic Acid 274mg **
L-Glutamine 93.6mg **
L-Glycine 44.2mg **
L-Histidine 43.3mg **
L-Isoleucine (BCAA) 136.1mg **
L-Leucine (BCAA) 235.5mg **
L-Lysine 193.7mg **
L-Methionine 49.6mg **
L-Phenylalanine 81.2mg **
L-Proline 118.6mg **
L-Serine 110.1mg **
L-Threonine 137.1mg **
L-Tryptophan+ 36.9mg **
L-Tyrosine 69.1mg **
L-Valine (BCAA) 132mg

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I actually have BCAA caps and a friend gave me the ISS amino 2200 which is about the size of a grape
Iss Amino 2200
L-Alanine 113mg **
L-Arginine 58.8mg **
L-Cystine 53.5mg **
L-Glutamic Acid 274mg **
L-Glutamine 93.6mg **
L-Glycine 44.2mg **
L-Histidine 43.3mg **
L-Lysine 193.7mg **
L-Methionine 49.6mg **
L-Proline 118.6mg **
L-Serine 110.1mg **
L-Threonine 137.1mg **
L-Tryptophan+ 36.9mg **
L-Tyrosine 69.1mg **
L-Valine (BCAA) 132mg

Those are the important ones, and they are underdosed significantly, unless you're planning on taking 5.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Iss Amino 2200
L-Alanine 113mg **
L-Arginine 58.8mg **
L-Cystine 53.5mg **
L-Glutamic Acid 274mg **
L-Glutamine 93.6mg **
L-Glycine 44.2mg **
L-Histidine 43.3mg **
L-Lysine 193.7mg **
L-Methionine 49.6mg **
L-Proline 118.6mg **
L-Serine 110.1mg **
L-Threonine 137.1mg **
L-Tryptophan+ 36.9mg **
L-Tyrosine 69.1mg **
L-Valine (BCAA) 132mg
That is only 2200 mg which is only 2.2 grams total. Most BCAA is dosed in grams, so you would need to take a lot of those.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
''Breakfast has almost always been a forced meal for me I never wake up hungry.''

wow. i usually go to bed hungry, go to sleep starving, and wake up NEEDING to eat before something bad happens.

lucky.