2 a days..?

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
So i have been reading a lot now how running for to long of a period, you start to burn muscle. what if say I were to run in the morning for 20-30 mins, and then again at night for 20-30 mins..

Im trying to cut a little belly fat right now, doing HIIT and just low intensity.

Input?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doing it to break through a plateau is a solid plan, but don't make it a consistent part of your routine (that is unless you're taking AAS).

phan95

Awards
Why don't you just jog for 45-60mins each morning?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Im trying to cut a little belly fat right now, doing HIIT and just low intensity.
...how can you do HIIT (High intensity interval training) at low intensity?? Doesn't make sense to me...I'm running a CKD to cut now and I'm lifting 5 days a week and doing 20-30mins of jogging 2-3 times a week tops. If you are running for an hour a day I'd cut it back or take BCAA's to help w/ muscle loss.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't buy into the whole idea that running for a long period of time will burn muscle. That only happens to people who don't know how to eat properly. You can do it but if you're getting good results w/out than I'd say avoid it.

wild12

Awards
I don't buy into the whole idea that running for a long period of time will burn muscle. That only happens to people who don't know how to eat properly. You can do it but if you're getting good results w/out than I'd say avoid it.
I totally agree, I think the only time you have to worry about burning muscle is if you go out and run for a looong time, like a marathon. So if you're just going out and running 20-60mins each workout there really shouldnt be any issues with your body going catabolic, especially if you have your diet in check.

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
...how can you do HIIT (High intensity interval training) at low intensity?? Doesn't make sense to me...I'm running a CKD to cut now and I'm lifting 5 days a week and doing 20-30mins of jogging 2-3 times a week tops. If you are running for an hour a day I'd cut it back or take BCAA's to help w/ muscle loss.

like i switch it up either HIIT on off days or just a low intensity walk/jog after my lift.. just dont know if my lower abs are underdeveloped, or i got a little extra bf..so im trying different things

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
Doing it to break through a plateau is a solid plan, but don't make it a consistent part of your routine (that is unless you're taking AAS).
is there a particular reason for this? ive been doing cardio every morning and lifting at night, but on my off days il do 2 a days. its been working for a while now but as of late i feel like im burning more muscle than fat. (i thought it might have been cuz of my switch to an ec stack but maybe im overdoing the cardio)

im curious now. is this somehow counterproductive or does it just tend to lead to overtraining (im fairly used to training with a lot of frequency/ intensity)

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
like i switch it up either HIIT on off days or just a low intensity walk/jog after my lift.. just dont know if my lower abs are underdeveloped, or i got a little extra bf..so im trying different things
oh ok, i didn't understand a low intensity HIIT session but now that you reword it i understand. that's basically what i'm doing now and i'm down 5lbs. after about two weeks while on CKD. good luck

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
i picked up the accumeasure calipers and it says im about 5%bf...but i feel as if im more then that, unless i pull my skin downward i cant really see the lower abs. they are def smaller then the top 4 but like i say idk if its one or the other, or s mix of bf/underdeveloped. what is a BF% where a person who has decent muscle looks ripped, im cut everywhere but the abs clearly have slight fat.
Will im going to also try the CKD, its worth a shot