Save your money use ECA Stack - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 8

Save your money use ECA Stack

Page 8 of 20 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. Senior Member

^X2
    and u have to crawl before you walk

2. New Member

Thanks everyone! I was almost afraid to post because some forums tend to chew noobs with stupid questions to pieces.
  3. New Member

I gotta disagree with all this walking talk and low intensity cardio. You need to keep pushing yourself. While low low intensity cardio might be ideal for a 220lb bodybuilder who is solid and needs to drop 3-4% bf, while being precise with diet and strength training...there are different strokes for different folks.

You need to get yourself in shape and drop weight. In my opinion, low intensity walking is not the cup of tea that should be in your pot.

Above someone said you have to crawl before you can walk, this is true. So you'll have to walk before you can jog. How you keep pushing yourself is by working on improving your cardio performance in some way. So say 45 minutes is your baseline. Ways to improve is by increasing your walking speed by point one mph. That is an improvement over your previous workout. Another way, if you're walking and then jogging you can shorten the time between walking and jogging by 15 seconds in a workout.. or every time you jog you can extend the amount of time that you jog for 10 seconds.

My advice is to keep striving to get better and to improve some aspect over your previous workout. It won't happen every time, but if that is your goal it will continuously happen. It really keeps you more motivated and gives you more of a sense of accomplishment.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by alexoc949 View Post
    I gotta disagree with all this walking talk and low intensity cardio. You need to keep pushing yourself. While low low intensity cardio might be ideal for a 220lb bodybuilder who is solid and needs to drop 3-4% bf, while being precise with diet and strength training...there are different strokes for different folks.

You need to get yourself in shape and drop weight. In my opinion, low intensity walking is not the cup of tea that should be in your pot.

Above someone said you have to crawl before you can walk, this is true. So you'll have to walk before you can jog. How you keep pushing yourself is by working on improving your cardio performance in some way. So say 45 minutes is your baseline. Ways to improve is by increasing your walking speed by point one mph. That is an improvement over your previous workout. Another way, if you're walking and then jogging you can shorten the time between walking and jogging by 15 seconds in a workout.. or every time you jog you can extend the amount of time that you jog for 10 seconds.

My advice is to keep striving to get better and to improve some aspect over your previous workout. It won't happen every time, but if that is your goal it will continuously happen. It really keeps you more motivated and gives you more of a sense of accomplishment.

Disagree with it if you like, but it's scientifically proven that lower intensity cardio will burn more calories from fat (but less calories overall) and spare muscle.

Stellar, you can keep pushing yourself by simply adding 5 minutes per week to your low intensity cardio. Start with 20 mins per week. When you hit 40 mins per week, split that into two sessions (one upon waking and one after your resistance training) This is a pretty good method to lose the weight in a slow and controlled manner and be in shape in the time frame that you are currently looking at. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need help with diet/training.

That being said, lets get back on topic kiddies. We are here to talk about ECA.
  5. New Member

I'm not sure if you're reading her posts or not, but she is 5'4 205lbs and is already doing 45 minutes of low intensity cardio. I'm not denying that low intensity burns more calories from fat during a workout. High intensity burns more calories et al more fat at rest and speeds up the metabolism throughout the day. Both things that this persons needs. I'm not telling her to do HIIT, or to do high intensity cardio. I'm telling her to step up her intensity and to constantly work at improving her fitness by improving her output.

You're basically just telling her to do the exact same thing that she has been doing, but that is no longer producing the type of results that she seeks.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I'm not sure if you're reading her posts or not, but she is 5'4 205lbs and is already doing 45 minutes of low intensity cardio. I'm not denying that low intensity burns more calories from fat during a workout. High intensity burns more calories et al more fat at rest and speeds up the metabolism throughout the day. Both things that this persons needs. I'm not telling her to do HIIT, or to do high intensity cardio. I'm telling her to step up her intensity and to constantly work at improving her fitness by improving her output.

You're basically just telling her to do the exact same thing that she has been doing, but that is no longer producing the type of results that she seeks.
    Sorry I left a very important detail out of the cardio aspect. The two most effective forms of cardio i've found for low intensity are incline treadmill and the stairmill/stairmaster. Each of these do a good job of getting your heart rate to around 120-130bpm. That's what I had in mind in the outline of my previous post. HIIT also has the same effect as long term low intensity cardio. From what I gather, she's doing this all on a flat plane (treadmill, track, etc). If she changes it up to what i've got above she'll see some more results and she has plenty of time to bring her weight down. No need to do it too fast.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

well disagree then. I said especially if your an immediate/advanced bodybuilder mainly and heavier. I went from 240-225 and did cardio six days a week 45 minutes higher intensity and after a couple months of doing this hip, knees etc aching, pulled a hamstring from running real effin fast!

High intensity cardio constantly burns too much muscle. get your bodyfat in check year round and its no worries....if your a football player improving spints, fine... after pulling my hamstrong running hard I said screw it.do what works for you!

remember younger lighter guys it most likely wont be a problem. whatever your goals are .
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

very true Smeton
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    well disagree then. I said especially if your an immediate/advanced bodybuilder mainly and heavier. I went from 240-225 and did cardio six days a week 45 minutes higher intensity and after a couple months of doing this hip, knees etc aching, pulled a hamstring from running real effin fast!

High intensity cardio constantly burns too much muscle. get your bodyfat in check year round and its no worries....if your a football player improving spints, fine... after pulling my hamstrong running hard I said screw it.do what works for you!

remember younger lighter guys it most likely wont be a problem. whatever your goals are .
    I did, disagree.

but for 1. i never quoted you or said hey smeethon I'm talking to you.

number 2. you probably should have learned to warm up and stretch more efficiently, and be more in tune with your body as to when to and when not to push yourself beyond a certain limit. Happens often with amateur lifters

number 3. she is 5'4 205 female. I'll say it again, female. I'm not asking her to race herself into injuries like you did. Or even do any sort of high intensity cardio. I'm saying she needs to strive to improve her physical fitness by upping her intensity. Improving just a little every or every other workout. Low intensity walking is not going to do it, She needs to push herself so that what was low intensity 2 weeks ago is a cake walk today.

number 4. HITT training burns too much muscle when you don't have the adequate nutrients running through your system, or if you do 45 minutes of it like you did and burn yourself out. So your opinion on it is understandable. Ideally you would want to do half the time.

number 5. i don't know if she is a football player or not, but judging by her goals I'm going to guess no, or unless she wants to be a wide receiver
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I did, disagree.

but for 1. i never quoted you or said hey smeethon I'm talking to you.

number 2. you probably should have learned to warm up and stretch more efficiently, and be more in tune with your body as to when to and when not to push yourself beyond a certain limit. Happens often with amateur lifters

number 3. she is 5'4 205 female. I'll say it again, female. I'm not asking her to race herself into injuries like you did. Or even do any sort of high intensity cardio. I'm saying she needs to strive to improve her physical fitness by upping her intensity. Improving just a little every or every other workout. Low intensity walking is not going to do it, She needs to push herself so that what was low intensity 2 weeks ago is a cake walk today.

number 4. HITT training burns too much muscle when you don't have the adequate nutrients running through your system, or if you do 45 minutes of it like you did and burn yourself out. So your opinion on it is understandable. Ideally you would want to do half the time.

number 5. i don't know if she is a football player or not, but judging by her goals I'm going to guess no, or unless she wants to be a wide receiver
    2. learned a lot of warmup up thus far. About a year ago and a half ago Used to push too hard for too long thats why its important to cycle intensity or your body just wont hold up when your training like someone has a gun to your head every session and if you dont get that last rep youll be shot,that mindset,for months and months at a time. learned the hard way

3.Diet is the most important thing for her. In fact she gets her diet shell lose bodyfat(and keep a good amount of muscle with high protein) without having to do any cardio. Most people its hard to give up a daily apple pie ,cupcake, and snickers. I know it was hard for mee, again, when you have a goal to work toward its really not that difficult.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

A solid diet is something you learn to do, it's not something that occurs overnight. It's a matter of how much she wants to lose the weight to whether or not she'll be able to hold up by drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper instead of Dr. Pepper or so on. Cardio definitely is NOT a must and a huge chunk of weight can be taken off without any of it. Too often I think people think if they do cardio it'll ok the big mac they ate before that but i'd rather see someone just eat right consistently, watch there carbs at night, and not quit after a week before they have a chance to see progress.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    A solid diet is something you learn to do, it's not something that occurs overnight. It's a matter of how much she wants to lose the weight to whether or not she'll be able to hold up by drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper instead of Dr. Pepper or so on. Cardio definitely is NOT a must and a huge chunks of weight can be taken off without any of it. Too often I think people think if they do cardio it'll ok the big mac they ate before that but i'd rather see someone just eat right consistently, watch there carbs at night, and not quit after a week before they have a chance to see progress.
    you and I have the same philosphy on this subject..you said it very well . it takes time to learn diet and eating clean
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I must be doing something right then haha.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

It's not rocket science people, losing weight means eating less calories than your body needs to run, thus in turn burning fat/muscle or whatever it needs to get you through the day. The only time it gets tricky is when you are trying to keep your body from using muscle while burning the fat, the rest is cake.
  15. New Member

Thanks again for the exercise tips. Wow with so many different opinions it's hard to figure out what's best. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the overall consensus is to continue working harder- not to become a marathon runner, but add some speed, increase incline (which I haven't done yet, it's on flat and an incline would definitely add some challenge), and maybe break it up into two sessions (which I've read in other places as well).

ECA side note & Q- I can't believe this, but I lost 5lbs (water weight I suppose) in ONE DAY. I've been sweating more too... this is normal, right?

Just to clarify- my diet is good. I've spent a lot of time browsing this site and links to articles and such. I've followed diets similar to what is suggested here and on the links (4-5 small meals, increased calories, plenty of complex carbs, square meals, etc). My usual diet isn't bad, but by the looks of my results thus far something needs to change. I'm going to add planned snacks between meals, eat more calories, do a lot more strength training (and more intense... time to dust off the ole weight bench), and take in a lot more protein (was at at ~60g, increasing to ~100g per day). My eating habits and knowledge of how to eat are good... and I've kicked my bad habits months ago.... my biggest problem is getting my horrible metabolism in order. Thanks to you folks and all of the advice I've read in these forums, I am confident I'll be able to do so in a fairly short amount of time.

HUGE THANKS!!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled ECA discussion....
  16. New Member

I do walking for cardio,I never run and Im down 15 lbs in 3 and a half weeks and all my lifts are the same,I havnt lost any strenght at all.

I do 5 min increases one on the incline and one on the speed every 5 min until I get around 50 min or so,by the 25 min I am soaked in sweat.

Some times I do this 2x a day and on an empty stomach in the am.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stellar1216 View Post
    Thanks again for the exercise tips. Wow with so many different opinions it's hard to figure out what's best. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the overall consensus is to continue working harder- not to become a marathon runner, but add some speed, increase incline (which I haven't done yet, it's on flat and an incline would definitely add some challenge), and maybe break it up into two sessions (which I've read in other places as well).

ECA side note & Q- I can't believe this, but I lost 5lbs (water weight I suppose) in ONE DAY. I've been sweating more too... this is normal, right?

Just to clarify- my diet is good. I've spent a lot of time browsing this site and links to articles and such. I've followed diets similar to what is suggested here and on the links (4-5 small meals, increased calories, plenty of complex carbs, square meals, etc). My usual diet isn't bad, but by the looks of my results thus far something needs to change. I'm going to add planned snacks between meals, eat more calories, do a lot more strength training (and more intense... time to dust off the ole weight bench), and take in a lot more protein (was at at ~60g, increasing to ~100g per day). My eating habits and knowledge of how to eat are good... and I've kicked my bad habits months ago.... my biggest problem is getting my horrible metabolism in order. Thanks to you folks and all of the advice I've read in these forums, I am confident I'll be able to do so in a fairly short amount of time.

HUGE THANKS!!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled ECA discussion....
    Looks like you're headed in the right direction, glad we could help. Try doing between 3.0-3.5 speed and anywhere between a 6.0-15.0 incline. Adjust to your liking.

Sweating your a$$ off is your body's way of saying that the ephedra is doing it's job. That 5lb loss is in fact water weight, probably loss from the ephedra and any changes you've made in your diet.

Good luck.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

hey guys, i've been dosing my ECA once a day (A every other). Do you guys recommend upping the A dosage when I start taking two tabs of E and C each day?
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    hey guys, i've been dosing my ECA once a day (A every other). Do you guys recommend upping the A dosage when I start taking two tabs of E and C each day?
    i think its a matter of personal preference. some people say it lasts in u all day from one dose. Also it cant be good for your stomach to take in too much asprin continuously. i take it twice a day but i use white willow bark instead of asprin (supposedly its the same active ingredient without stomach issues...i havent heard anything disputing this so il go with it)
    id say stick to one a dose just to be safe if ur running eca for a while?
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by faaipdeoiad View Post
    i think its a matter of personal preference. some people say it lasts in u all day from one dose. Also it cant be good for your stomach to take in too much asprin continuously. i take it twice a day but i use white willow bark instead of asprin (supposedly its the same active ingredient without stomach issues...i havent heard anything disputing this so il go with it)
    id say stick to one a dose just to be safe if ur running eca for a while?
    I'm just running it for a couple of weeks then going to start a cycle of epi. I haven't had any stomach problems from the asprin and probably because i've been taking it every other day. I just want to make sure I have the proportionality of the dosages correct.
  21. Senior Member

I do Baby Asprin (1-2X a day) they're only 81mg...are you taking a full A?
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by KgTomCat View Post
    I do Baby Asprin (1-2X a day) they're only 81mg...are you taking a full A?
    Nope. just the baby aspirin. I take it every other day as the half life of aspirin is rather long; stays in your system for awhile. The days I don't take aspirin I drink a few cups of green tea.

It would make sense to up your dosage of aspirin as you up your dosage of E and C.
  23. Senior Member

Nope. just the baby aspirin. I take it every other day as the half life of aspirin is rather long; stays in your system for awhile. The days I don't take aspirin I drink a few cups of green tea.

It would make sense to up your dosage of aspirin as you up your dosage of E and C.
    yes, but you only take one, EOD...doesnt correlate to what you just said (in bold)
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

yes, but you only take one, EOD...doesnt correlate to what you just said (in bold)
    Right, because currently i'm only taking one pill of E and one pill of C. So when i up it to 2 pills of E and 2 pills of C, i'll take two pills of A EOD.
  25. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Right, because currently i'm only taking one pill of E and one pill of C. So when i up it to 2 pills of E and 2 pills of C, i'll take two pills of A EOD.
    Are you E caps, 12.5 or 25?

Cause if you are taking 50mgs E, and 400 C... my lord, my heart would explode. I wouldnt be able to take the head tingles alone.
    The Historic PES Legend
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

Cause if you are taking 50mgs E, and 400 C... my lord, my heart would explode. I wouldnt be able to take the head tingles alone.
    Im not sensitive to stims much. After getting the diet in check, even without feeling much from it, i still found ec effective at 25/200.

If darkhalf is about to say he runs 50/400... my daring side to do everything to the extreme is kicking in and im going to have to try next time i stack it. Altho that seems like a pretty high dose if you plan on doing cardio or an intense wo. ie when i am cutting, i do alot of super sets etc
  27. Senior Member

my bad DarkHalf...
    after 4 weekd of ECA I felt incredible, once I got my diet down the fat seemed to just fall off! I wish I could run ECA or ECY for 12 weeks LOL
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

The E is 25mg sulfate, and the C is 200mg. I've been dosing that daily since tuesday, and i've almost completely adjusted to it. This coming tuesday i'll up it to 50mg E, 400 C, and 2 baby aspirin (aspirin EOD). I'll continue to work my way up and assess my tolerance as necessary. Will only increase every 7 days at the earliest...and if I need more time to adjust to increased dosage then i'll take as much time as needed.

my bad DarkHalf...
    after 4 weekd of ECA I felt incredible, once I got my diet down the fat seemed to just fall off! I wish I could run ECA or ECY for 12 weeks LOL
    I'm doing a modified CKD diet that palumbo came up with for evan centropani. So i've got the diet down, going to run it for a few more weeks and then start an 8 week epi/11-oxo bridge.
  29. Senior Member

I'm doing a modified CKD diet that palumbo came up with for evan centropani. So i've got the diet down, going to run it for a few more weeks and then start an 8 week epi/11-oxo bridge.
    I'm just trying to get cut up before I do my Hdrol/Furango cycle...
  30. New Member

Hmm.. This has got me thinking ... I was going to do a clen cycle but now I might got with this
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    Hmm.. This has got me thinking ... I was going to do a clen cycle but now I might got with this
    I've heard that people have almost equivalent results on both ECA and clen. Go to CVS or Walgreens they have everything you need.
  32. New Member

Any links or guides on all I need or what brands work best?
  33. Senior Member

this may be a dumb question, but why is it you can run clen for a longer amount of time than ECA/ECY???
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

this may be a dumb question, but why is it you can run clen for a longer amount of time than ECA/ECY???
    I think it's all based on personal preference and how your body responds to the compounds. They both act on the same pathways from what I understand. I wouldn't run ECA for more than 8 weeks (4 weeks to work up a tolerance and then 4 weeks to ween yourself off).
  35. Senior Member

I think it's all based on personal preference and how your body responds to the compounds. They both act on the same pathways from what I understand. I wouldn't run ECA for more than 8 weeks (4 weeks to work up a tolerance and then 4 weeks to ween yourself off).
    thats what Im thinking...6-8 weeks. r u still running it?
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

thats what Im thinking...6-8 weeks. r u still running it?
    I'm midway into week 2. Great appetite supression, energy, and body temp is up (which it should be).
  37. Senior Member

yea, I miss it, it was like crack, once your off of it you realize the effect lol
  38. New Member

clen shuts down your receptors in less than 2 weeks,its very strong and your body adjusts fast.

Thats why poeple used to do 1 week eca 1 week clen.

Iv never heard of anyone doing clen for over 3 weeks,eca on the other hand works past 8 weeks of use.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

yea, I miss it, it was like crack, once your off of it you realize the effect lol
    keep taking the caffeine and maybe slowly lower the caff dosing and transitioning or bridging it with l-tyrosine untill your taking tyrosine alone. Then maybe cut down on tyrosine if you like

cold turkey would cause uncomfortable sides. ive done it cold turkey and it took about a full week to feel normal again. the above is a better option
  40. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    keep taking the caffeine and maybe slowly lower the caff dosing and transitioning or bridging it with l-tyrosine untill your taking tyrosine alone. Then maybe cut down on tyrosine if you like

cold turkey would cause uncomfortable sides. ive done it cold turkey and it took about a full week to feel normal again. the above is a better option
    yea I stopped cold turkey and when I started eating carbs again, I had insane hunger pains, next time Ill taper off more efficient

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help save my mom money!
    By McBurly in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 10:31 PM
  2. WHOA save money
    By lennoxchi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 03:39 PM
  3. Homemade BCAA mix to save money
    By freakboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4