Save your money use ECA Stack

Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.36%

Quote Originally Posted by faaipdeoiad View Post
    um if you had bothered to search for this anywhere let alone read nearly ANY of the pages in this thread u would probably have an answer for that...
    Really?

Please identify the post that identifies a source for ephedrine without having to take cold medicine.

If you can't find it in this thread feel free to answer the question yourself.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

many people dont know about this stuff. good information in this thread! I feel very fortunate to be a member here and activetly particpate in this discussion you guys are my homies
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.36%

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    its called bronkaid its an otc supplement you can buy at the pharmacy
    It's not a "supplement" it's a cold remedy with guaifenesin.

Are there no side effects or dangers in taking so much guaifenesin?
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LAGear View Post
    It's not a "supplement" it's a cold remedy with guaifenesin.

Are there no side effects or dangers in taking so much guaifenesin?
    I honestly don't know I do have this information though as this study didnt show the dose used.
    Abuse of guaifenesin-containing medications genera...[Urology. 1999] - PubMed Result

heres another Guaifenesin- and ephedrine-induced stones. [J Endourol. 1999] - PubMed Result

the closest thing Ive found is very broad stating that abuse leads to stones. so its best to not exceed recommended dosing or stones can be had.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15673990?ordinalpos=1&itool=En trezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pub med_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_Discov eryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&l inkpos=2&log$=relatedreviews&l ogdbfrom=pubmed
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.36%

I honestly don't know I do have this information though as this study didnt show the dose used.
    Abuse of guaifenesin-containing medications genera...[Urology. 1999] - PubMed Result

heres another Guaifenesin- and ephedrine-induced stones. [J Endourol. 1999] - PubMed Result

the closest thing Ive found is very broad stating that abuse leads to stones. so its best to not exceed recommended dosing or stones can be had.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15673990?ordinalpos=1&itool=En trezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pub med_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_Discov eryPanel.Pubmed_Discovery_RA&l inkpos=2&log$=relatedreviews&l ogdbfrom=pubmed
    There were several other related studies linked from the studies you provided.

Sounds like it's OK to use for short cycles and taken in moderation, but certainly not something I'd use on a regular basis.

Is this commonly available in any pharmacy? Any reason not to buy it online?
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LAGear View Post
    There were several other related studies linked from the studies you provided.

Sounds like it's OK to use for short cycles and taken in moderation, but certainly not something I'd use on a regular basis.

Is this commonly available in any pharmacy? Any reason not to buy it online?
    Pretty sure you have to provide a scanned/copied state issued photo id/drivers license so that the feds can keep track of who is buying ephedrine products - they are trying to keep a lock on everything. Most places you can only buy 3 or 4 boxes of a 60 ct. at a time.

So that can be annoying to provide, may be easier to just go to CVS or Walgreens and see if they have it.
  7. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

BS150
    BG5150
    B5150
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

I just ordered these from supplementcentral.com I can get the stuff down the street at any gas station but the people keep upping the price.

I just paid 17 for 24 12.5mg caps there,then saw they were 12mg so I ordered online for the rest of my cycle

qty item price total
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    3 Rapid Action Ephedrine HCl 25mg 48 table $17.95 $53.85
    items total: $53.85
    UPS Ground shipping: $6.02
    total charges: $59.87
  9. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by KgTomCat View Post
    ok ok, Im just going to do ECA for a few weeks then go back to ECY...
    Here is my point and I'll try to be clear; E and Y togther can cause serious adverse effects such as anxiety, rapid heart beat, irregular heart beat, and even dimensia in those sensitive. It is something that one needs to carefully and slowly assess their tolerance to.

Now if you were to use simply Ephedrine and GTE (contains Caffeine and acts as a COMT inhibitor [similar to what the intent of aspirin is for]) you kill two birds with one stone.

Then switch to Y and GTE (for the same stated reasons above)

Then as you assess your tolerance you could go E/Y/GTE. This way you don't need caffeine nor aspirin.

A point that many forget is that you do not need to feel wired to be stimulating receptors and in a thermogenic state. Caffeine is often the main culprit in generating the stimulated effect. If you do desire more caffeine use more GTE as it has a plethora of other health benefits such as improved lipids, anti-oxidant, etc. etc. Keep in mind though that increased GTE (COMT inhibitor) means that your stimulants will last longer with the potential for insomnia and the likes.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Here is my point and I'll try to be clear; E and Y togther can cause serious adverse effects such as anxiety, rapid heart beat, irregular heart beat, and even dimensia in those sensitive. It is something that one needs to carefully and slowly assess their tolerance to.

Now if you were to use simply Ephedrine and GTE (contains Caffeine and acts as a COMT inhibitor [similar to what the intent of aspirin is for]) you kill two birds with one stone.

Then as you assess your tolerance you could go E/Y/GTE. This way you don't need caffeine nor aspirin.

A point that many forget is that you do not need to feel wired to be stimulating receptors and in a thermogenic state. Caffeine is often the main culprit in generating the stimulated effect. If you do desire more caffeine use more GTE as it has a plethora of other health benefits such as improved lipids, anti-oxidant, etc. etc. Keep in mind though that increased GTE (COMT inhibitor) means that your stimulants will last longer with the potential for insomnia and the likes.
    ok, I wasnt excited about the whole Aspirin idea in the first place. Ive been reading several other threads and one is saying A is ideal...but I could switch to E/Y/GTE...400mg of GTE each serving?
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

the other health benefits of GTE are a plus also...
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

Quote Originally Posted by skratch View Post
    I just ordered these from supplementcentral.com I can get the stuff down the street at any gas station but the people keep upping the price.

I just paid 17 for 24 12.5mg caps there,then saw they were 12mg so I ordered online for the rest of my cycle

qty item price total
    3 Rapid Action Ephedrine HCl 25mg 48 table $17.95 $53.85
    items total: $53.85
    UPS Ground shipping: $6.02
    total charges: $59.87
    Damn son you got robbed. You can get 3 boxes of bronkaid at 60 per box for like 7-10 bucks a box.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    Damn son you got robbed. You can get 3 boxes of bronkaid at 60 per box for like 7-10 bucks a box.
    I didnt get bronkaid because

A its not a hci and dosnt work as good.

B it has double the Guaifenesin

Do a little search on hydrocloride

ephedrine sulfate makes me sleep like a baby,it has no affect on me.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.1%

i think thats the point...that u will have to take the asthma medicine

ive been using primatene, theres a cvs brand thats like 6 bucks for 24 count of 12.5mg e hcl. it does work out to be the same amount of guafeniesin as the bronkaid though. that looks a bit better for a few bucks more
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.1%

haha i keep changing up my dose after reading these posts, great info though. i think i like it with the y and i get no negative effects from it.

i have noticed a change from the asprin though, it seems to kick harder and last longer. il try one with gte and see if its as effective (or is it supposed to be a more subtle feeling but still work the same way?)

i have only about a week and a half left on this cycle but i guess i can figure out which combo is the most effective
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%

hmmm im gonna have to look into GTE, thats a new one for me
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%

im a fxcking retard.... green tea extract! you silly bastards and your abbreviations!
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.75%

would 400mg of Green tea extract provide enough caffeine to be effective?

This is the ingredients for 1 cap of 400mg NOW Foods Green Tea Extract at NP... says only 4mg of C?

Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) (Leaf) 400mg **
    Standardized Extract) (Contains 4 mg of Caffeine)
    min. 98% Total Polyphenols, 80% Total Catechins, and
    50% EGCg(Epigallocatechin Gallate) (200 mg)]

Decaffeinated Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) (Leaf)
    50mg **

Could you do E/Y/GTE/C? Sounds like a lot but im very tolerant to stims
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I don't agree with Green Tea for your ECA stack. I would say go the tried and true route.

I personally do enjoy substituting Chocamine in place of my caffeine at times.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.1%

i think someone said the gte was supposed to work on similar pathways as the caffeine so it wasnt necessary. im sure u could take them both though if u wanted to, it adds a negligible amount of caffeine so it wouldnt hurt. i just tried a ecay, i might replace the a with gte.

i used to switch the c with gte if i took a last dose too late at night to avoid insomnia, worked pretty well. after all these stimulants u barely feel the gte

and yea it took me a while to figure out what these acronyms were haha i didnt know wtf gte could be
  21. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

Do not combine GTE and Aspirin, both have have platelet aggregation properties.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

i think thats the point...that u will have to take the asthma medicine

ive been using primatene, theres a cvs brand thats like 6 bucks for 24 count of 12.5mg e hcl. it does work out to be the same amount of guafeniesin as the bronkaid though. that looks a bit better for a few bucks more
    Do you know the name of the CVS brand? I'd rather go there and pick that up, mainly because I'm not comfortable with sending a copy of my DL over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

Adams
    Can you put that into lamens terms?
  23. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

Do you know the name of the CVS brand? I'd rather go there and pick that up, mainly because I'm not comfortable with sending a copy of my DL over the internet.

Basically both thin your blood, keeping your blood from clotting.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.1%

ohh **** thats really good to know. makes sense why theyre interchangeable i guess.

and apparently it wasnt cvs, it was walgreens. my mistake. its just called bronchial asthma relief. it should be right next to the primatene, its their rip off brand of it. exactly the same though
  25. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

ohh **** thats really good to know. makes sense why theyre interchangeable i guess.

and apparently it wasnt cvs, it was walgreens. my mistake. its just called bronchial asthma relief. it should be right next to the primatene, its their rip off brand of it. exactly the same though
    They aren't really interchangable.. for instance... GTE doesn't raise cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate (cAMP) like aspirin does. as per "Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1990 Mar;38(3):790-3. Ito-en Central Research Institute, Shizuoka, Japan."

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%

They aren't really interchangable.. for instance... GTE doesn't raise cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate (cAMP) like aspirin does. as per "Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1990 Mar;38(3):790-3. Ito-en Central Research Institute, Shizuoka, Japan."

Adams
    Dont bother trying to explain the reason for caf and asprin some just think it works the same with no scientific research from there claims.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.25%

What are some of your guys thoughts on E/C + Green Tea Extract? I haven't seen anyone in this thread comment on the 3 together and curious what your thoughts were. I would think it's too much, But I have read a few posts and articles saying it's ok to use together.

At hotnfit (sorry can't link yet) the person writing the article promotes the three together.

I also was reading up on someones cutting journal and he was also using the three together. It's on a competing site, so won't name it, lol. But he seems to be pretty proficient at cutting and it seems to work for him.

I have all 3 items so it won't be going out of my way to get any of them.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

It cost like 12.99 plus tax here in tennessee and I had to show Id and sign because many people use it for the wrong reasons aka making Meth

Adams
    Thanks for this I didnt know this before you mentioned this.

I do know Aspirin inhibits pgf2a(proges) and actually is bad for musclebuilding.
    It may not effect it much and I'll take every ounce of muscle I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by exzile View Post
    What are some of your guys thoughts on E/C + Green Tea Extract? I haven't seen anyone in this thread comment on the 3 together and curious what your thoughts were. I would think it's too much, But I have read a few posts and articles saying it's ok to use together.

At hotnfit (sorry can't link yet) the person writing the article promotes the three together.

I also was reading up on someones cutting journal and he was also using the three together. It's on a competing site, so won't name it, lol. But he seems to be pretty proficient at cutting and it seems to work for him.

My thoughts are e/c and green tea is fine.

remember with bronkaid your also using in one dose of
    400 mgs guaifenesin which has effects of its own.

My thoughts are do low dose and at the most moderate dose(2 capsules per day at most, remember the pubmed studies on stones) thats just me though, if this is all a person can get.. be safe with it . Otherwise there is no substitute for the real deal.

the directions say every four hours as needed and dont exceed 6 capsules per day. Play with the dosing yourself and see what works for you. whatever you do follow the directions and be cautious with the studies out on stones.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

I don't agree with Green Tea for your ECA stack. I would say go the tried and true route.

I personally do enjoy substituting Chocamine in place of my caffeine at times.

Adams
    makes sense..aspirin inhibits pgf2a which inhibits the musclebuilding process....doesnt fish oil and cissus effect pgf2a so you can still build muscle with a lot of other factors going on....

I think i may step out on a limb and try

ec/ and gte

or eca the tried and true method

GTe looks like a good replacement, however I havent saw the research on gte and ec stack.

aspirin lowers blood pressure that the others would cause does GTE?

also you could use pueudoephedrine HCL in place of ephedra. Its about one third as strong

check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_Stack
  30. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by exzile View Post

I presently use Y/C(lots of coffee)/GTE several times a day and once or twice sperate from Y/C/GTE consume E/C(coffee). Always have done so and even at times used the E and Y togther but would rather not experience the anxiety and stress that comes with it.

GTE is beneficial for HDL, BP, blood sugar, anti-o and improves LDL as well as a lot of other things...just google health benefits of ECGC or Green Tea Extract.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Everyone really interested check this thread out it answered a lot of questions

Ephedrine Sulfate vs. Ephedrine HCL
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

Just go ECA and drink some ****in green tea. Just alternate days between aspirin and green tea.
  33. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

My thoughts are do low dose and at the most moderate dose(2 capsules per day at most, remember the pubmed studies on stones) thats just me though, if this is all a person can get.. be safe with it . Otherwise there is no substitute for the real deal.

the directions say every four hours as needed and dont exceed 6 capsules per day. Play with the dosing yourself and see what works for you. whatever you do follow the directions and be cautious with the studies out on stones.
    I'm sonfused. On top you say only 2 per day then on the bottom you say not to exceed 6 per day...am I mixing things up?
    I presently use Y/C(lots of coffee)/GTE several times a day and once or twice sperate from Y/C/GTE consume E/C(coffee). Always have done so and even at times used the E and Y togther but would rather not experience the anxiety and stress that comes with it.

GTE is beneficial for HDL, BP, blood sugar, anti-o and improves LDL as well as a lot of other things...just google health benefits of ECGC or Green Tea Extract.
    I have noticed my anxiety level is a little higher since taking Y, why is this??
  34. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

Adams
    bump

I'm going to start alternating my baby A and Y...just FYI lol
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.15%

ye' of little faith.. lol.. i have always been a skeptic on the latest and greatest when it comes to the newest fad, product etc. that is released. SLIM XTREME works. it does everything it says it will do, you don't have to swallow several capsules. guys/ladies, i have nothing to gain in posting this. am i a mod. at AX? you betcha. but if SX didn't work i wouldn't be posting that it did. ECA,ECY, save yourself the headache and give it a shot. you won't be dissapointed. and no disrespect to any of the other supp. co's here..
  36. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.04%

Quote Originally Posted by swollwilliams View Post
    ye' of little faith.. lol.. i have always been a skeptic on the latest and greatest when it comes to the newest fad, product etc. that is released. SLIM XTREME works. it does everything it says it will do, you don't have to swallow several capsules. guys/ladies, i have nothing to gain in posting this. am i a mod. at AX? you betcha. but if SX didn't work i wouldn't be posting that it did. ECA,ECY, save yourself the headache and give it a shot. you won't be dissapointed. and no disrespect to any of the other supp. co's here..
    A thread discussing ECA/Y, into an advertisement.

You should post about the success of SX in the review forum, instead of a thread discussing the benefits and pitfalls of ECA.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

Quote Originally Posted by swollwilliams View Post
    I cant afford SX, we're in a recession
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.1%

I'm sonfused. On top you say only 2 per day then on the bottom you say not to exceed 6 per day...am I mixing things up?

I have noticed my anxiety level is a little higher since taking Y, why is this??
    i think thats supposed to be one of the side effects of yohimbine. its why its reccomended to increase doses slowly.

in any case i tried the egcg today, made me feel a bit more nauseous than usual. not gonna do it again. id rather just save it for a staple after eca.

im gonna stick to ecy with 1-2 doses of white willow bark (asprin) added in a day. i have definately noticed a difference from the asprin
  39. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Because it causes anxiety.
  40. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%

i think thats supposed to be one of the side effects of yohimbine. its why its reccomended to increase doses slowly.

in any case i tried the egcg today, made me feel a bit more nauseous than usual. not gonna do it again. id rather just save it for a staple after eca.

im gonna stick to ecy with 1-2 doses of white willow bark (asprin) added in a day. i have definately noticed a difference from the asprin
    GTE has been known to cause nausea in certain people
    Because it causes anxiety.
    I knew this before hand, I want to know why it causes anxiety..? how..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help save my mom money!
    By McBurly in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 12:31 AM
  2. WHOA save money
    By lennoxchi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 05:39 PM
  3. Homemade BCAA mix to save money
    By freakboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4